PDA

View Full Version : "Most Sophisticated Malware Ever Targets Iran"

Smaland
09-23-2010, 06:15 PM
"... manipulation of a specific industrial process at a specific moment in time." (http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2010/09/most-sophisticated-malware-ever-targets-iran/63420/)

Smaland
09-23-2010, 07:53 PM
One response to this type of weapon might be drastic, but I think it would work.

Obviously, industrial machines built in 1950 could not be controlled by computers. They had to be controlled by diligent personnel who constantly watched analog gauges, and who operated manual switches and valves if something went wrong.

Today's machinery could be redesigned to work in the same way. Digital links could still be established between computers and machines, but only after the computers had been thoroughly swept for malware, etc.

The redesign of machinery and industrial processes might be very costly and time-consuming, but these costs must be compared to the costs of, say, a nuclear meltdown.

Cato
09-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Jewhax0rs at work.

Óttar
09-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Shahanshah Zend-e-bad M*th#$%f^&$er!!!
Iranzamin Azadi!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Pahlavi_Flag_bearing_the_lion_and_sun_motif_and_Pa hlavi_Crown.jpg

http://www.teachersparadise.com/ency/en/media/2/28/theshah.jpg

ikki
09-24-2010, 07:13 AM
amateurs hack software, real professionals go after the hardware and causes the computer to explode or atleast start burning.

Ofcourse a reverse taxation program would have a flair of its own ;)

Smaland
09-27-2010, 04:59 AM
A complex computer worm capable of seizing control of industrial plants has affected the personal computers of staff working at Iran's first nuclear power station weeks before the facility is to go online, the official news agency reported Sunday.

Link to article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100926/ap_on_hi_te/ml_iran_cyber_attacks;_ylt=AtECtmzUyV15WqaXNR5SEnp g.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTNvY3VxdDM0BGFzc2V0Ay9zL2FwLzIwMTA wOTI2L2FwX29uX2hpX3RlL21sX2lyYW5fY3liZXJfYXR0YWNrc wRjY29kZQNtcF9lY184XzEwBGNwb3MDOARwb3MDOARzZWMDeW5 fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3dvcm1oaXRzY29tcA--)

Austin
09-27-2010, 05:07 AM
It might not be the U.S. or Israel ponder that for a moment. Iran is cleared to be attacked in the inner councils of international power so in many respects what better nation for any govt. who wants to test their virtual arsenal without international reprimand for doing so.

Sol Invictus
09-27-2010, 06:11 AM
Since the software is now being used against the primary target of the globalists, Iran, it should be a no-brainer who created it — the Pentagon.

Peasant
09-27-2010, 06:16 AM
amateurs hack software, real professionals go after the hardware and causes the computer to explode or atleast start burning.

Has anyone even done that yet? There was viruses that wiped BIOS chips so you would need to get a new one, so I think it would be possible atleast.

Praamžius
09-27-2010, 06:46 AM

Ofcourse a reverse taxation program would have a flair of its own ;)

Has anyone even done that yet? There was viruses that wiped BIOS chips so you would need to get a new one, so I think it would be possible atleast.

Pretty much impossible , you can damage hardware only trough overcloaking and i doubt very much that virus can do that

SwordoftheVistula
09-27-2010, 07:16 AM
How'd they get it on there? Send out as an attachment in emails "Fwd: Fwd: pics of 72 ViRgInZ HOT!!"

Treffie
09-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Since the software is now being used against the primary target of the globalists, Iran, it should be a no-brainer who created it — the Pentagon.

In conspiracy la-la-land I guess this would be the obvious answer.

Sol Invictus
09-27-2010, 06:33 PM
In conspiracy la-la-land I guess this would be the obvious answer.

I guess you're right. How foolish of me to state the obvious. What a nut I am!

Suppose that beats living in your double-think la la land.

Peasant
09-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Pretty much impossible , you can damage hardware only trough overcloaking and i doubt very much that virus can do that

Well, if it can overwrite the BIOS couldnt it mess with the voltages? But then I guess that would be too hard, with so many different models of motherboard for a start.

Sol Invictus
09-27-2010, 09:02 PM
“A number of governments with sophisticated computer skills would have the ability to create such a code. They include China, Russia, Israel, Britain, Germany and the United States,” states an Associated Press (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/computer-attacks-wealthy-group-nation/) report.

I guess AP is living in conspiracy la la land too. Let's sit down and think about this for a sec. Iran's industrial infrastructure was just the victim of an electronic attack. Ok. Gotcha. Now, what two countries have been beating their drum the most about how Iran must be stopped and preemptive military strikes were not off the table, but has met with much scrutiny at home and abroad? Hummm.

How very foolish of me for thinking unlogically that it was the Pentagon. They have never been involved in classified black operations against enemies in a war that's never been declared before! How very silly! :rolleyes:

Psychonaut
09-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Given the current tensions in the region and our current administration's "hands off" approach, Israel seems to likeliest attacker to me. Was it not they who were just last month discussing the very real possibility of bombing the reactor?

Germanicus
09-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Given the current tensions in the region and our current administration's "hands off" approach, Israel seems to likeliest attacker to me. Was it not they who were just last month discussing the very real possibility of bombing the reactor?

You can guess who engineered it all you like, but at the end of the day we do not know for sure who did it.:)

Sol Invictus
09-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Not out of the realm of possibility that it was a false-flag on China's part to stir shit up, either. Although the ramifications of being discovered would perhaps be too great a risk.

Peasant
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
The pentagon network was comprimised by a bloke with aspergus with a dialup modem and knowledge of default passwords. Don't give them too much credit.

Smaland
09-30-2010, 07:05 PM
“The studies show that few PCs of Bushehr nuclear power plant workers are infected with the virus,” Mahmoud Jafari, the facility's project manager, told Iran's state-run Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) on Sunday.

Jafari refuted the claim that the virus had infected “supervisory control and date acquisition” systems or SCADA for short. He also denied that Stuxnet was responsible for delaying the reactor's completion.

Link to article (http://rt.com/Politics/2010-09-30/iran-bushehr-stuxnet-virus.html)

Cato
09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/1/12/Zionist_Hacker,_Izzi_Sileas.jpg/180px-Zionist_Hacker,_Izzi_Sileas.jpg

For "freedoms" read "missiles."

Oy gevalt.