PDA

View Full Version : Portugal vs. Czech Republic

Sekkmer
10-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Which country is better?

Main point of views: Economy, History & Culture, Geography/Climate + Phenotypes as a bonus

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mqT7hOzXcZI/hqdefault.jpg

Bezprym
10-27-2016, 01:20 PM
Better for what?

If you want to go to the beach then I think Portugal is better. If you want a good beer, definitely Czechia.

LP0956
10-27-2016, 01:22 PM
For making goalkeepers who wear helmets, Czech Republic undoubtly.

http://www.superfourpaulista.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/petr_cech_-_03266757_0.jpg

Sekkmer
10-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Better for what?

If you want to go to the beach then I think Portugal is better. If you want a good beer, definitely Czechia.

UPDATED

Bezprym
10-27-2016, 01:31 PM
UPDATED

Economy: I don't know
History and Culture: Czech Republic
Geography and Climate: Czech Republic

Ülev
10-27-2016, 01:35 PM
phenotype and culture equal level, climate & geography Portugal
cuisine - Portugal
economy - don't know

JMack
10-27-2016, 01:39 PM
Economy: Czech Republic

History and Culture: Portugal (i think that it isn't even arguable, Portugal is a very small country and achieved great deeds in history, like building an ultra-marine empire and conquering vast lands much larger than the entire European continent, also they have a great literature and poetry)

Geography and Climate: Portugal

The Blade
10-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Climate and geography - clearly Portugal.
Economy - don't know, the Czechs are doin' good though.
Both have rich history.
Both have some prominent sportsmen.
None of these countries is a follower of Germany's too liberal politics, so this is another plus for both.
Czechs make great beer (though Russian vodka rules), don't know about Portuguese.
You can find attractive women in both states.
The Portuguese obviously had a strong impact over the world creating their colonies.
Czechs survived in the middle of the continent going through few major wars.
Portuguese people (and Spaniards) kicked Moors out of Europe and are famous for their sea and ocean travels and contribution to the Age of Discovery.
I am not voting - I have a positive attitude towards both states and their peoples in general.

The.Mask
10-27-2016, 06:23 PM
Czechs have less black people in their streets i guess.

GiCa
10-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Czech Republic has a Higher Human Development Index. So I voted it

Brzęczyszczykiewiczówna
10-27-2016, 06:47 PM
i voted for Slavic brothers

Mikula
10-27-2016, 07:00 PM
I cannot be objective, being Czech myself, therefore i will not vote.

Economy
According GDP, Czechia is better now

History & Culture
Both countries have rich history and culture
Portugal is well known for their navigator-discoverers, and from previous centuries,
the small country colonized large parts of America and Africa,.

Prague is historically one of the most important cities of Central Europe,
with the oldest university to the north from Alps (1348).
Czech lands became the most industrialized part of Austrian Empire, its automobile industry started in 1897. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pr%C3%A4sident)

Geography/Climate
Portugal is seaside country, unlike Czech Republic what is landlocked.
For summer vacation choose Portugal, if you prefere making holiday in seaside resorts.
Anyway, I don't like hot summer, if the temperature is more than 17-28 °C, it is too hot for me.

Located in the heart of Europe, the area of Czech Republic was a battlefield of the Continent, very often.
Surrounded by the powerfull neighbours was uneasy to defend Czech souvereignity or evenits language and cultre, at least.

+ Phenotypes as a bonus
It is not so important for me, if some girl is attractive for me, I don't care about her phenotype :)
But it is true that people usually prefer dating people who looks more or less simillar

Sekkmer
02-23-2017, 03:07 PM
Thanks for all the responses.