PDA

View Full Version : Women living in Maharashtra - India

decordoba
10-29-2016, 06:17 AM
https://blog.misereor.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Frauen_Schulung_Feld_HP.jpg

These farmers women are living in Maharasthra not far from Mumbai.

Can you explain their ethnic background according to their phenotype? (I mean the whole group - no individual person of them)

decordoba
10-29-2016, 10:37 AM
from left to right: #1 and #5 woman have a litte bit North Indian admixture, but on my mind the whole group belong to the same ethnic group. (the experts of India and Pakistan explained me, not to classify them Dravidian cause this is a linguistic group ;) ..).

decordoba
10-31-2016, 04:35 AM
I classify them Dalit

Vidar
10-31-2016, 04:38 AM
I classify them Dalit

That's what they are, I believe as well.

Truth Preacher
10-31-2016, 04:51 AM
Indo Melanid/Indo Brachid some have Veddoid and Paleo Mongoloid too.

Hodar
07-24-2018, 02:52 AM
That's what they are, I believe as well.

It's not necessary. I've been to Maharashtra, it's not that uncommon to find this look in non-Dalits.

Maharashtra can be considered a mix of central India and south India by race. Maharashtra, Telangana, Goa and Karnataka are south-central India.

Thambi
07-24-2018, 03:25 AM
None of them are dalits. They're farmers so they're vaishyas or shudras. They're all of the same ethnic background, which is marathi, but I think the 5th woman might be the landowner or something based on her looks and clothing.

Interior MH folks look similar to kannadas and telugus. In coastal MH and karnataka or konkan region, they look like a transition between gujaratis and malayalis.