PDA

View Full Version : Should the Balkanization of Italy happen?

poiuytrewq0987
09-26-2010, 01:27 PM
I think it should because Northern Italians are snobs to Southern Italians, even to awesome Southern Italians like Furio.

cbbMIg-Aw8E

The Lawspeaker
09-26-2010, 01:28 PM
No.

Wyn
09-26-2010, 01:30 PM
A definite no.

Korbis
09-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Not so difficult to feel snobbish when you compare to this guys.

By the way Sicilians want their own state too.

San Galgano
09-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Mate, because of those guys i feel ashamed when i go abroad and people make jokes about the whole Italy when in central and north-Italy we have nothing to do with those behaviours(not even south Italy for the most).
Last time i checked, before those guys started to ridiculize us all over the world, Italy was known as the land of Renaissance and Rome, poets and geniouses.

I know for you guys it's a joke, and Mafia sometimes looks cool, but i assure you that it's not always so easy to deal with stereotypes and easy jokes when abroad.

poiuytrewq0987
09-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Mate, because of those guys i feel ashamed when i go abroad and people make jokes about the whole Italy when in central and north-Italy we have nothing to do with those behaviours(not even south Italy for the most).

I heard bad things about Italy such as Italians kidnapping potential targets to ransom them for money. I'm not sure how true this is though as my short stay in Italy was in Milan for only few days.

Last time i checked, before those guys started to ridiculize us all over the world, Italy was known as the land of Renaissance and Rome, poets and geniouses.
It still is. Instead of just the Renaissance and Rome... you have the Renaissance, Rome and the Mafia. It makes Italian culture more widespread, not necessarily a bad thing.

I know for you guys it's a joke, and Mafia sometimes looks cool, but i assure you that it's not always so easy to deal with stereotypes and easy jokes when abroad.I don't see how it is a big deal. If the people talk about the Italian mafia, you tell them yes, it exists and so everything else that also exist in Italy like its cultural achievements made in the last 3000 years.

San Galgano
09-26-2010, 04:19 PM
I heard bad things about Italy such as Italians kidnapping potential targets to ransom them for money. I'm not sure how true this is though as my short stay in Italy was in Milan for only few days. It still is. Instead of just the Renaissance and Rome...

That's what i was talking about indeed. If you only had been more in Milan or central Italy you would have seen with your eyes that such stereotypes are merely a product of the Mafia's vision people has over Italy and have nothing to do with the real face of Italy.

I don't see how it is a big deal. If the people talk about the Italian mafia, you tell them yes, it exists and so everything else that also exist in Italy like its cultural achievements made in the last 3000 years.

I would gladly let the cultural mafia achievement to other countries.:thumb001:

Eldritch
09-26-2010, 05:25 PM
How Balkanizing Italy stop north Italians from being snobs towards southern Italians?