PDA

View Full Version : The Apricity Vegan Thread

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
11-02-2016, 03:25 PM
How many vegans are we here at the Apricity? This thread will be dedicated to discuss everything related with veganism, from news articles to recipes. You can also share your personal thoughts on veganism, for how long you have been a vegan, why you became a vegan or why you are thinking in becoming one, etc. Lets discuss here everything that is vegan related in a positive way, people who are not vegan and have questions on the subject are also welcome, just please do not be an hater.

Sebastianus Rex
11-02-2016, 03:43 PM
What's your blood type (grupo sanguíneo) ?

11-02-2016, 03:48 PM
I do not know to be honest, why?

Sebastianus Rex
11-02-2016, 03:55 PM
I do not know to be honest, why?

I ask this because there's a noticeable tendency for people of different blood types to have a natural taste or better assimilation of certain foods and a natural distaste and a degree of intolerance to others.

Lots of interesting information here (blood type diet), it matches with me at 90% (i have big intolerance for some foods). I'm blood type O+.
http://www.dadamo.com/

11-02-2016, 04:06 PM
While that might be true, I do not think that your blood type will have an influence on what lifestyle you choose to have at the table for the rest of your life. Unlike some people, I was not raised or brought up as a vegan. I used to have a typical portuguese diet on a daily basis and I never felt that I was intolerant to any animal products and never felt they were distasteful. I was not even a big fan of vegetables and fruits at the time. I just researched on veganism for a few months, educated myself on the subject, read about the pros and cons and decided to become vegan and I am happy with it. I have been feeling great ever since as well, your body gets used to it unless of course you are extremly intolerant to certain ingredients, but people who are intolerant to non-dairy\animal products is a lot more uncommon than people who are intolerant to dairy\animal products.

Interesting website nevertheless, I will try to find out my blood type to investigate.

ChristinaLadyBug
11-02-2016, 04:13 PM
I'm not a vegan yet, but I have been thinking about becoming one. There are quite a few vegan foods that I like, such as vegan burritos and veggie burgers. The vegan burritos that they serve on the Royal Caribbean cruises are the bomb.;)

Linebacker
11-02-2016, 04:15 PM
I don't think with my built anyone can confuse me for a vegetarian.

Im not against vegetarians however,despite the fact that I have made insults here towards them,its due to provocations.Vegans can be very annoying at times.

But on the good side vegans are rarely fat and they are also often fat shamers.

Poise n Pen
11-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Veganism: being cucked by your own food. Drinking 'oat water' for 2 bucks when you can get a kg of oats for like 50 cents. Not even once lol.

11-02-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm not a vegan yet, but I have been thinking about becoming one. There are quite a few vegan foods that I like, such as vegan burritos and veggie burgers. The vegan burritos that they serve on the Royal Caribbean cruises are the bomb.;)

Glad to hear that LadyBug. You can always veganize your old favorite meals and recipes, everything is possible and vegan confort food is delicious and tasty (also most of the times less unhealthy).

I don't think with my built anyone can confuse me for a vegetarian.

Why not Linebacker? Mr. Universe Barny Du Plessis is vegan.

http://www.peta.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/barneyduplessis.jpg

Vegan strongman and world record holder Patrik Baboumian is also vegan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESZIbWtCYxU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTaGZ6KLDwI

People who are vegan can build muscle as well.

Poise n Pen
11-02-2016, 04:26 PM
It's mainly genetic with large size only needing big calories. But eating a huge amount of calories as a vegan is a shortcut to diabetes, estrogen overload and heart disease.

11-02-2016, 04:27 PM
Veganism: being cucked by your own food. Drinking 'oat water' for 2 bucks when you can get a kg of oats for like 50 cents. Not even once lol.

You can make your own oat milk at home. Also the prices of vegan milk have been decreasing in the last years and will keep on decreasing has there is more demand as less and less people still drink cow milk. You also have almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, hazelnut milk, etc.

Linebacker
11-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Glad to hear that LadyBug. You can always veganize your old favorite meals and recipes, everything is possible and vegan confort food is delicious and tasty (also most of the times less unhealthy).

[img]http://www.peta.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2

https://w/watch?v=ESZIbWtCYxU

So the first guy you posted is a pro bodybuilder,in bodybuilding supplements(legal and illegal)play the game much more than food.

Second guy has never even been close to a WSM title,he is 170cm and fat.

11-02-2016, 04:30 PM
It's mainly genetic with large size only needing big calories. But eating a huge amount of calories as a vegan is a shortcut to diabetes, estrogen overload and heart disease.

It is also due to genetics when it comes to bodybuilder champions and strongmen who have meat diets...not just because of their diet. What I wanted to say is that you can build muscle with a vegan diet as in a meat diet.

Also you are more likely to have diabetes and heart diseases on a meat diet, this is scientifically backed.

Ülev
11-02-2016, 04:31 PM
four years passed already

Poise n Pen
11-02-2016, 04:32 PM
It is also due to genetics when it comes to bodybuilder champions and strongmen who have meat diets...not just because of their diet. What I wanted to say is that you can build muscle with a vegan diet as in a meat diet.

Also you are more likely to have diabetes and heart diseases on a meat diet, this is scientifically backed.

That is only because typically a vegan diet is a low calorie diet. If you are plowing through 5k or even 10k calories a day it will be another story.

11-02-2016, 04:33 PM
So the first guy you posted is a pro bodybuilder,in bodybuilding supplements(legal and illegal)play the game much more than food.

Second guy has never even been close to a WSM title,he is 170cm and fat.

My point is that you can be a beast as well even as a vegan. Will you say that Baboumian achievments are not impressive?

Accomplishments[edit]
1999 int. German Champion Jun. Bodybuilding-IFBB
2007 German Champion -105 kg Strongman-GFSA
2009 German Champion -105 kg Strongman-GFSA
2009 German Team-Champion Strongman-GFSA
2009 German Champion log lift -GFSA
2009 World record log lift -105 kg (165 kg)
2010 German Champion log lift -GFSA
2010 German record in log lift +105 kg (180 kg)
2011 4th place at loglifting worldcup (185 kg)
2011 German record in loglifting +105 kg
2011 German Champion and total winner in log lifting -GFSA
2011 German record in beer keg lifiting (13 repeats)
2011 Germany's Strongest Man 2011
2012 European Champion in Powerlifting Class –140 kg division
2012 World record beer keg lifting (150,2 kg)
2012 World record Front Hold 20 kg (1:26,14 Minuten
2013 World record yoke-walk, 550,2 kg over 10 m in Toronto
2015 World record yoke-walk, 560 kg in 28 seconds

Most strongmen look like him, fat...you need that body type for this sport.

zhaoyun
11-02-2016, 04:36 PM
There are days that I eat vegetarian, mostly for health reasons or detoxing the system. I love steak though, so I don't think I can be one permanently.

11-02-2016, 04:36 PM
That is only because typically a vegan diet is a low calorie diet. If you are plowing through 5k or even 10k calories a day it will be another story.

No average person eats 5 thousand calories per day, much less 10 thousand calories, even if you practice sports. If I had to do it, I would prefer it to be vegan as well, but that is not an healthy diet by no means.

Linebacker
11-02-2016, 04:40 PM
My point is that you can be a beast as well even as a vegan. Will you say that Baboumian achievments are not impressive?

Accomplishments[edit]
1999 int. German Champion Jun. Bodybuilding-IFBB
2007 German Champion -105 kg Strongman-GFSA
2009 German Champion -105 kg Strongman-GFSA
2009 German Team-Champion Strongman-GFSA
2009 German Champion log lift -GFSA
2009 World record log lift -105 kg (165 kg)
2010 German Champion log lift -GFSA
2010 German record in log lift +105 kg (180 kg)
2011 4th place at loglifting worldcup (185 kg)
2011 German record in loglifting +105 kg
2011 German Champion and total winner in log lifting -GFSA
2011 German record in beer keg lifiting (13 repeats)
2011 Germany's Strongest Man 2011
2012 European Champion in Powerlifting Class –140 kg division
2012 World record beer keg lifting (150,2 kg)
2012 World record Front Hold 20 kg (1:26,14 Minuten
2013 World record yoke-walk, 550,2 kg over 10 m in Toronto
2015 World record yoke-walk, 560 kg in 28 seconds

Most strongmen look like him, fat...you need that body type for this sport.

Yes,its proof that you CAN be a competitor in strength sports as a vegan,but still he gets shadowed by his carnivore adversaries who are competing on a much higher level.

Insuperable
11-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Eat meat, fish, salads and exercise. People who push to extremes - dumbasses.

11-02-2016, 04:45 PM
I do not see him being shadowed by his carnivore adversaries to be honest, you just have to stop comparing him with other guys that are competing in other categories, like ones who have 2 meters and 200 kg + ;) He has 5 world records, give him some credit.

Sebastianus Rex
11-02-2016, 04:47 PM
While that might be true, I do not think that your blood type will have an influence on what lifestyle you choose to have at the table for the rest of your life. Unlike some people, I was not raised or brought up as a vegan. I used to have a typical portuguese diet on a daily basis and I never felt that I was intolerant to any animal products and never felt they were distasteful. I was not even a big fan of vegetables and fruits at the time. I just researched on veganism for a few months, educated myself on the subject, read about the pros and cons and decided to become vegan and I am happy with it. I have been feeling great ever since as well, your body gets used to it unless of course you are extremly intolerant to certain ingredients, but people who are intolerant to non-dairy\animal products is a lot more uncommon than people who are intolerant to dairy\animal products.

Interesting website nevertheless, I will try to find out my blood type to investigate.

I feel very good and energetic when i eat mostly meat (especially red meat) and i digested it very well. I tried a vegan diet for while (before i discovered Dr.D'Adamo studies about the blood type diet) and i felt horrible on many days. I also don't feel well when i eat alot of carbs (especially pastas) and dairy products. I also rarely have desire for sweets/cakes. The table of good/neutral/bad foods provided by the Blood type diet matches with me to a very high degree indeed and it has helped me to understand alot of things.

The life expectancy of vegetarians and vegans is not higher than other people.

11-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Eat meat, fish, salads and exercise. People who push to extremes - dumbasses.

Why being vegan is extreme? Human diet has been mostly vegan throughout our history. Only at this day and age we consume animal products on a daily basis. You do not have to go that far, 60 years ago my grandparents diet was mostly a vegan diet, they would eat meat or fish only on special ocasions.

Seth MacFarlane
11-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Not vegan so just curious , whats the point of it ? Is it similar to the reasons ppl become vegatarian? To not eat the living things gods created lol

11-02-2016, 04:59 PM
The life expectancy of vegetarians and vegans is not higher than other people.

Diet, lifestyle, exercise, social interactions, social status, education level, gender and of course genetics all seem to affect overall life expectancy, diet is just one component of total life expectancy. I would still say that being vegan in most cases improve your quality of life and it makes you less likely to get cancer, lower risk of diabetes and lower risk to be overweight.

Some people do experience headaches or feel ill when converting from a meat diet to a vegan diet, you should try to get info from a nutrition adviser if you ever want to give veganism another try. You might feel so because your body is detoxing. I recommend people to start introducing some vegan meals per day untill you fully convert to veganism, instead of going vegan from day to night (which can also work for some people, for me it did, but for others it might not).

Ülev
11-02-2016, 05:00 PM
watch this

https://youtu.be/4psIWPQF_fM

11-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Not vegan so just curious , whats the point of it ? Is it similar to the reasons ppl become vegatarian? To not eat the living things gods created lol

Main reasons are: for the animals, for your health and for the environment.

Sebastianus Rex
11-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Why being vegan is extreme? Human diet has been mostly vegan throughout our history. Only at this day and age we consume animal products on a daily basis. You do not have to go that far, 60 years ago my grandparents diet was mostly a vegan diet, they would eat meat or fish only on special ocasions.

And the result was a gracilized population of short stature for european standards due to severe deficient protein intake. I don't think that's a good example, fortunately younger generations are noticeably better built and as a consequence better looking also and that's due mainly to better nutrition. There's certainly many positive things about the old day Portuguese diet but low intake of meat/fish/proteins was not one of them. Make sure you eat plenty of eggs (2nd best food in the world after maternal milk), most of the other protein sources for vegan/vegetarians are genetically modified and not particularly healthy.

Sebastianus Rex
11-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Diet, lifestyle, exercise, social interactions, social status, education level, gender and of course genetics all seem to affect overall life expectancy, diet is just one component of total life expectancy. I would still say that being vegan in most cases improve your quality of life and it makes you less likely to get cancer, lower risk of diabetes and lower risk to be overweight.

Some people do experience headaches or feel ill when converting from a meat diet to a vegan diet, you should try to get info from a nutrition adviser if you ever want to give veganism another try. You might feel so because your body is detoxing. I recommend people to start introducing some vegan meals per day untill you fully convert to veganism, instead of going vegan from day to night (which can also work for some people, for me it did, but for others it might not).

Good tips, i know there always an adaptation period (usually no less than 2 weeks) but i'm a firm believer of the bloodtype diet, that means that a mostly vegetarian/vegan diet might work wonderfully for some people while it not might work at all for others. It's like medicine, working out routines etc..no universal truth/ that works for everybody, the key is personalization according to our body/genetic predisposition.

11-02-2016, 05:26 PM
And the result was a gracilized population of short stature for european standards due to severe deficient protein intake. I don't think that's a good example, fortunately younger generations are noticeably better built and as a consequence better looking also and that's due mainly to better nutrition. There's certainly many positive things about the old day Portuguese diet but low intake of meat/fish/proteins was not one of them. Make sure you eat plenty of eggs (2nd best food in the world after maternal milk), most of the other protein sources for vegan/vegetarians are genetically modified and not particularly healthy.

That is not entirely related to our diet but with genetics. You think in Scadinavia, Eastern Europe and the Balkans most people were not protein deficient hundred years ago? The fact is that with everything that is avaiable and with all the existent info nowadays you can be vegan and not be defecient in anything. Vegan protein sources do not have to be geneticaly modified you just have to know what you are buying and it is still less dangerous to eat genetically modified vegetables than meat and dairy products filed with hormones and antibiotics, in my opinion.

People were dying of famine and hunger in nordic countries a century ago and they are still taller than we are on average. Portugal was poor but there was no records of famine and starvation to death in here.

11-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Good tips, i know there always an adaptation period (usually no less than 2 weeks) but i'm a firm believer of the bloodtype diet, that means that a mostly vegetarian/vegan diet might work wonderfully for some people while it not might work at all for others. It's like medicine, working out etc..no universal true that works for everybody, the key is personalization according to our body/genetic predisposition.

If every single person would have just one day per week where they only eat vegan meals, the environmental impact would already be huge. If you really think you can not become full vegan for health issues, you should consider introducing at least more vegan meals on your diet from time to time.

Insuperable
11-02-2016, 05:33 PM

What vegan food has high quality (and quantity at the same time) proteins like those found in meat and fish (majority of vegans don't eat fish). The answer is none. Soy, quinoa maybe, but still don't have meat quality protein or quantity. You mentioned diabetes. Red meat may increase chances of getting diabetes (because cholesterol and sodium passively contribute to diabetes). But you have to remember that there is always some kind of balance when it comes to food. For example egg yolk has a reputation of being bad because of high level of cholesterol so people avoid them. Doctors on the other hand disagree that it is unhealthy because it is rich in phenols, antioxidants...basically group of compounds that reverse the effect of cholesterol and do much more. If you eat red meat only that is definitely not ok, but if you eat various vegetables with red meat it neutralizes bad effects of meat. Plus, fruits and dry fruits on daily basis, fish and so on.

11-02-2016, 05:41 PM
What vegan food has high quality (and quantity at the same time) proteins like those found in meat and fish (majority of vegans don't eat fish). The answer is none. Soy, quinoa maybe, but still don't have meat quality protein or quantity. You mentioned diabetes. Red meat may increase chances of getting diabetes (because cholesterol and sodium passively contribute to diabetes). But you have to remember that there is always some kind of balance when it comes to food. For example egg yolk has a reputation of being bad because of high level of cholesterol so people avoid them. Doctors on the other hand disagree that it is unhealthy because it is rich in phenols, antioxidants...basically group of compounds that reverse the effect of cholesterol and do much more. If you eat red meat only that is definitely not ok, but if you eat various vegetables with read meat it neutralizes bad effects of meat. Plus, fruits and dry fruits on daily basis, fish and so on.

To get a complete vegan protein source equal to the ones you find in animal products you just have to combine legumes with vegetables, like rice with beans per example, that has all the protein and aminoacids profiles that you need. The popularity of the fitness industry products is what is making people believe that protein is extremly important or more important than other nutrients and its leading people to consume it on high doses. Average male adult only needs 50 grams of protein per day, a bit more if you are an athlete, it is not difficult to achieve that amount of protein on a vegan diet.

Here is vegan athlete (steroid free) Jon Venus, who does not look like a muscular beast bodybuilder but looks fit and healthy on a vegan diet that does not consist of more than 100 grams of protein a day.

https://yt3.ggpht.com/-pie-pRJV8Uo/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/mZhDbjbAP6g/s900-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg

Check this for more info on how to get protein on a vegan diet as an athlete:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyBqDbrNqxc

Milo
11-02-2016, 06:01 PM
I eat vegetarian at home(my family is vegetarian, because of religious reasons), but I eat white meat/fish
occasionally when I go out(rarely though).

I used to dislike being veg at home, but now I don't really mind it.

Insuperable
11-02-2016, 06:04 PM
To get a complete vegan protein source equal to the ones you find in animal products you just have to combine legumes with vegetables, like rice with beans per example, that has all the protein and aminoacids profiles that you need.
The popularity of the fitness industry products is what is making people believe that protein is extremly important or more important than other nutrients and its leading people to consume it on high doses. Average male adult only needs 50 grams of protein per day, a bit more if you are an athlete, it is not difficult to achieve that amount of protein on a vegan diet.

Here is vegan athlete (steroid free) Jon Venus, who does not look like a muscular beast bodybuilder but looks fit and healthy on a vegan diet that does not consist of more than 100 grams of protein a day.

50 grams? Athletes a bit more? :rotfl: Dude, average man needs those 50 grams of protein every day just to keep his body whole, to avoid protein degradation or whatever. It is one of reasons why we need to eat everyday. That is why WHO prescribed those 50 grams for an average man. Someone who is an athlete needs at least three times more per day depending on his weight to keep his body whole, to build additional muscles and because of extensive, mostly endurance exercises to avoid further protein degradation.

If that guy needs no more than 100 grams per day, he is a midget with 60 kilos or a liar.

Sebastianus Rex
11-02-2016, 06:04 PM
That is not entirely related to our diet but with genetics. You think in Scadinavia, Eastern Europe and the Balkans most people were not protein deficient hundred years ago? The fact is that with everything that is avaiable and with all the existent info nowadays you can be vegan and not be defecient in anything. Vegan protein sources do not have to be geneticaly modified you just have to know what you are buying and it is still less dangerous to eat genetically modified vegetables than meat and dairy products filed with hormones and antibiotics, in my opinion.

People were dying of famine and hunger in nordic countries a century ago and they are still taller than we are on average. Portugal was poor but there was no records of famine and starvation to death in here.

I'm not so certain about that genetic correlation, it is well established that societies wich based their nutrition on (cultivation) farming underwent a process of reduction and alpinization, as far as i know Scandinavians always consumed large quantities of protein rich fish, probably those who lived in inland areas and were more dependent on agriculture were the ones affected by bad agricultural years and that natural selection of farmers mortality actually contributed to keep the average height high in Scandinavia.

Portugal was a rather low populated territory until the 18th/19th centuries, in the times of the discoveries (16th century) the estimated population was just a bit above 1 million (France had nearly 20 million at that period) and by the descriptions of the arrival of the Portuguese expeditions in Japan they were described as tall by the Japanese (obviously there was a considerable average height difference between the 2 populations) wich is not so much the case nowadays (Portuguese and Japanese have comparable average heights).

Also the Dutch (the people with the tallest average height nowadays) were known for being a rather short population just until the 19th century, since then they have grown taller at a higher rate than any other people. More than 20cm in just 150 years.

Also how do we explain studies wich indicated that Italian Americans were until not long ago on average consideraby taller than Italians in Italy?

I think dietary habits (high protein intake) is the most decisive factor to determine height/built of populations, otherwise some people would not have grown so much taller on average along the past 4 or 5 decades.

If every single person would have just one day per week where they only eat vegan meals, the environmental impact would already be huge. If you really think you can not become full vegan for health issues, you should consider introducing at least more vegan meals on your diet from time to time.

I do it once in a while, sometimes the body asks for it to restablish the balance.

11-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Which religion if I may ask? Jainism, Hinduism or Buddhism?

Milo
11-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Which religion if I may ask? Jainism, Hinduism or Buddhism?Me? I'm a Hindu, belonging to the Brahmin(Priestly) caste(I'm mentioning this because it's relevant).
Brahmins are generally strict vegetarians, except for the ones in certain regions where they consume meat(not beef though, and Hindus generally avoid pork too)

11-02-2016, 06:10 PM
50 grams? Athletes a bit more? :rotfl: Dude, average man needs those 50 grams of protein every day just to keep his body whole, to avoid protein degradation or whatever. It is one of reasons why we need to eat everyday. That is why WHO prescribed those 50 grams for an average man. Someone who is an athlete needs at least three times more per day depending on his weight to keep his body whole, to build additional muscles and because of extensive, mostly endurance exercises to avoid further protein degradation.

If that guy needs no more than 100 grams per day, he is a midget with 60 kilos or a liar.

"People Require Very Little Protein

The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that men and women obtain 5% of their calories as protein. This would mean 38 grams of protein for a man burning 3000 calories a day and 29 grams for a woman using 2300 calories a day. This quantity of protein is impossible to avoid when daily calorie needs are met by unrefined starches and vegetables. For example, rice alone would provide 71 grams of highly useable protein and white potatoes would provide 64 grams of protein.8

Our greatest time of growth—thus, the time of our greatest need for protein—is during our first 2 years of life—we double in size. At this vigorous developmental stage our ideal food is human milk, which is 5% protein. Compare this need to food choices that should be made as adults—when we are not growing. Rice is 8% protein, corn 11%, oatmeal 15%, and beans 27%.8 Thus protein deficiency is impossible when calorie needs are met by eating unprocessed starches and vegetables.

The healthy active lives of hundreds of millions of people laboring in Asia, Africa, and Central and South America on diets with less than half the amount of protein eaten by Americans and Europeans prove that the popular understanding of our protein needs is seriously flawed."

You can laugh but I am only quoting what the World Health Organization says, if you want to instead believe in what the fitness "gurus" tell you then it is up to you.

Insuperable
11-02-2016, 06:18 PM

The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that men and women obtain 5% of their calories as protein. This would mean 38 grams of protein for a man burning 3000 calories a day and 29 grams for a woman using 2300 calories a day. This quantity of protein is impossible to avoid when daily calorie needs are met by unrefined starches and vegetables. For example, rice alone would provide 71 grams of highly useable protein and white potatoes would provide 64 grams of protein.8

Our greatest time of growth—thus, the time of our greatest need for protein—is during our first 2 years of life—we double in size. At this vigorous developmental stage our ideal food is human milk, which is 5% protein. Compare this need to food choices that should be made as adults—when we are not growing. Rice is 8% protein, corn 11%, oatmeal 15%, and beans 27%.8 Thus protein deficiency is impossible when calorie needs are met by eating unprocessed starches and vegetables.

The healthy active lives of hundreds of millions of people laboring in Asia, Africa, and Central and South America on diets with less than half the amount of protein eaten by Americans and Europeans prove that the popular understanding of our protein needs is seriously flawed."

You can laugh but I am only quoting what the World Health Organization says, if you want to instead believe in what the fitness "gurus" tell you then it is up to you.

Rice, 71 grams of proteins? Per day? I would have to eat 3 kilos of rice every day.xD
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5718/2

5%? WHO? Rofl. This is WHO.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2003/pr20/en/

Carbohydrates, the report suggests, should provide the bulk of energy requirements – between 55 and 75 percent of daily intake and free sugars should remain beneath 10 percent. Protein should make up a further 10-15 percent of calorie intake and salt should be restricted to less than 5 grams a day. Intake of fruit and vegetables should be plumped up to reach at least 400 grams a day.

Myanthropologies
11-02-2016, 06:30 PM
I was one at one point for a brief period of time, not anymore.

Sebastianus Rex
11-02-2016, 06:34 PM

That's complete BS, 1KG of rice has only 27g of protein (2.7%). Japanese only stopped being midgets when they started fishing on a massive scale.

11-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Rice, 71 grams of proteins? Per day? I would have to eat 3 kilos of rice every day.xD
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5718/2

5%? WHO? Rofl. This is WHO.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2003/pr20/en/

You misunderstood, what he said was an example of if you ate only in a day 3000 thousand calories of just unrefined rice or potatoes you would meet your daily protein intake.

"This quantity of protein is impossible to avoid when daily calorie needs are met by unrefined starches and vegetables. For example, rice alone would provide 71 grams of highly useable protein and white potatoes would provide 64 grams of protein. "

Insuperable
11-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Ok, my bad.

11-02-2016, 06:38 PM
That's complete BS, 1KG of rice has only 27g of protein (2.7%). Japanese only stopped being midgets when they started fishing on a massive scale.

If you read again, its not saying in there that they do not eat fish or meat, it just says that they have diets with less than half the amount of protein we do in the West and they are still healthy, if not more healthy than us.

Purohit ji
11-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Vegetarian from thousands of years

11-02-2016, 06:51 PM
I was one at one point for a brief period of time, not anymore.

Any particular reason on why you gave up?

Profileid
11-02-2016, 07:07 PM
I considered trying a vegan diet. If you do it right, you can lose weight. But you also have to take vitamin B-12 supplements so blech

11-02-2016, 07:18 PM
I considered trying a vegan diet. If you do it right, you can lose weight. But you also have to take vitamin B-12 supplements so blech

B12 is a bacteria that can be found in soil and inside your body, namely your mucosa and intestines. Animal products contain B12 because the animals eat food from the soil as well as produce their own B12 just like humans, though the exact process can vary from species to species. With the crap we feed our food animals, farmers today actually inject their livestock with B12 in order to be able to say their animal products contain B12.
Many people fear going vegan because of B12 deficiency. But contrary to meat and dairy industry propaganda, meat-eaters are known to be more likely to have a vitamin B12 deficiency than vegans; 99 percent of people with a B12 deficiency are consumers of animal products. This is because the B12 in meat is easily destroyed by both the heat needed to cook it and the hydrochloric acid in our stomachs needed to digest it. Studies show that those following a typical animal-based diet require more vitamin B12 than those who do not because the typical diet leads to digestive atrophy.

B12 is cheap and is the only suplement you should take as a vegan in my opinion, because most vegetables we buy nowadays are previously washed and are not really biological most of the times, making it loose the B12 properties that are found when they are raised in the soil.

Profileid
11-02-2016, 07:19 PM
B12 is a bacteria that can be found in soil and inside your body, namely your mucosa and intestines. Animal products contain B12 because the animals eat food from the soil as well as produce their own B12 just like humans, though the exact process can vary from species to species. With the crap we feed our food animals, farmers today actually inject their livestock with B12 in order to be able to say their animal products contain B12.
Many people fear going vegan because of B12 deficiency. But contrary to meat and dairy industry propaganda, meat-eaters are known to be more likely to have a vitamin B12 deficiency than vegans; 99 percent of people with a B12 deficiency are consumers of animal products. This is because the B12 in meat is easily destroyed by both the heat needed to cook it and the hydrochloric acid in our stomachs needed to digest it. Studies show that those following a typical animal-based diet require more vitamin B12 than those who do not because the typical diet leads to digestive atrophy.

B12 is cheap and is the only suplement you should take as a vegan in my opinion, because most vegetables we buy nowadays are previously washed and are not really biological most of the times, making it loose the B12 properties that are found when they are raised in the soil.

How can it be a valid diet if you can't even sustain it without supplements?

11-02-2016, 07:23 PM
How can it be a valid diet if you can't even sustain it without supplements?

"Take a moment to compare the possible consequences of your dietary decisions. You could choose to eat lots of B12-rich animal foods and avoid the one-in-a-million chance of developing a reversible anemia and/or even less common, damage to your nervous system. However, this decision puts you at a one-in-two chance of dying prematurely from a heart attack or stroke; a one-in-seven chance of breast cancer or a one-in-six chance of prostate cancer. The same thinking results in obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis, constipation, indigestion, and arthritis."

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2007nl/nov/b12.htm

Ultra
11-03-2016, 03:56 AM
To get a complete vegan protein source equal to the ones you find in animal products you just have to combine legumes with vegetables, like rice with beans per example, that has all the protein and aminoacids profiles that you need. The popularity of the fitness industry products is what is making people believe that protein is extremly important or more important than other nutrients and its leading people to consume it on high doses. Average male adult only needs 50 grams of protein per day, a bit more if you are an athlete, it is not difficult to achieve that amount of protein on a vegan diet.

https://yt3.ggpht.com/-pie-pRJV8Uo/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/mZhDbjbAP6g/s900-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyBqDbrNqxc
You are honestly retarded if you think that that Jon Venus dude is natty.

Ultra
11-03-2016, 04:02 AM
"Take a moment to compare the possible consequences of your dietary decisions. You could choose to eat lots of B12-rich animal foods and avoid the one-in-a-million chance of developing a reversible anemia and/or even less common, damage to your nervous system. However, this decision puts you at a one-in-two chance of dying prematurely from a heart attack or stroke; a one-in-seven chance of breast cancer or a one-in-six chance of prostate cancer. The same thinking results in obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis, constipation, indigestion, and arthritis."

Extremely primitive low-IQ copy-pasting shill arguements. "Correlation does not imply causation". No unbiased scientific research has ever deffinetely proven that eating meat or animal products is unhealthy in any way.

Poise n Pen
11-03-2016, 04:06 AM

There's much more to it that that.

1. Veganism estrogen diet will permanently harm your body especially during development.
2. Vegan diet low in calcium and fat will lead to very poor development of bones and brains.
3. In practice lack of protein leads to retarded and weak people.
4. In practice leads to a bunch of fatasses because they eat a bunch of shitty grains. Just look how fat that guy you link is lol
5. Anemia doesn't have to be permanent to affect you. It makes people weak, retarded, and having zero energy. Exactly as the government would like you.

In short it's a diet that turns you into a weak, pacific, estrogen filled cuck who will go along with every other bit of leftist idiocy and that is why it's promoted.

You can whinge all day and try to make excuses and pretend it's not so but that is the reality. And every vegan does. Just pathetic, get a life already.

11-03-2016, 11:49 PM
You are honestly retarded if you think that that Jon Venus dude is natty.

I can not prove to you that he is natty, can you prove to me that he is not?

Extremely primitive low-IQ copy-pasting shill arguements. "Correlation does not imply causation". No unbiased scientific research has ever deffinetely proven that eating meat or animal products is unhealthy in any way.

I am sorry Mr. extremely high-IQ who thumbs down nearly all my posts only because we have different views. How bright of you. I could copy-paste thousands of studies here that correlate meat consumption to nocive effects but since you do not like it when someone does that, just google it.

11-04-2016, 12:04 AM
There's much more to it that that.

1. Veganism estrogen diet will permanently harm your body especially during development.
2. Vegan diet low in calcium and fat will lead to very poor development of bones and brains.
3. In practice lack of protein leads to retarded and weak people.
4. In practice leads to a bunch of fatasses because they eat a bunch of shitty grains. Just look how fat that guy you link is lol
5. Anemia doesn't have to be permanent to affect you. It makes people weak, retarded, and having zero energy. Exactly as the government would like you.

In short it's a diet that turns you into a weak, pacific, estrogen filled cuck who will go along with every other bit of leftist idiocy and that is why it's promoted.

You can whinge all day and try to make excuses and pretend it's not so but that is the reality. And every vegan does. Just pathetic, get a life already.

You have nailed nearly every myth about veganism...since when a vegan diet is high on estrogen? That myth has been debunked so many times. Also a vegan diet is not low in calcium, most high calcium foods happen to be vegan you are just ignorant :picard2: There is no way you can be protein defecient on a vegan diet unless you do not know what you are doing. Meeting your needed protein intake on daily basis is not even an effort on a vegan diet.

The "fat" guy on my video is a strongman, do you know what that even is? Do you know what most strongmen or heavy lifters look like? They need that body type for their sport, it is not because he lays aroud doing nothing...for the record that fat vegan who eats "shity" lean grains, a source of protein that will always be leaner than any "lean" meat, is 1.70 m and can lift 555kg (world record).

Admit it, you are just an hater and extremly uneducated on the matter and plain ignorant. If you want to discuss on the matter in a positive way instead of bashing on it fine, otherwise just ignore this thread.

11-04-2016, 10:51 AM
"Vegans had 13% higher T [testosterone] concentration than meat-eaters and 8% higher than vegetarians."

In:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/pdf/83-6691152a.pdf

"The main finding was that vegan and lacto-ovo vegetarian diets were associated with a nearly one-half reduction in risk of type 2 diabetes compared with the risk associated with nonvegetarian diets after adjustment for a number of socioeconomic and lifestyle factors, as well as low BMI, that are typically associated with vegetarianism. Pesco- and semi-vegetarian diets were associated with intermediate risk reductions: between one-third and one-quarter. These data indicate that vegetarian diets may in part counteract the environmental forces leading to obesity and increased rates of type 2 diabetes, though only vegan diets were associated with a BMI in the optimal range. Inclusion of meat, meat products, and fish in the diet, even on a less than weekly basis, seems to limit some of the protection associated with a vegan or lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. These findings may be explained by adverse effects of meat and fish, protective effects of typical constituents of vegan and lacto-ovo vegetarian diets, other characteristics of people who choose vegetarian diets, or a combination of these factors."

In:http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/32/5/791.long

40 Vegan sources of Calcium

http://drlisawatson.com/40-vegan-calcium-sources

25 sources of vegan protein

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/vegan-sources-of-protein/

MissProvocateur
11-04-2016, 11:01 AM
I thought about becoming a vegetarian for the simple reason that despite my country's thriving meat industry, I don't really consume much meat. I prefer to eat vegetables and fruits, often meat feels a little to heavy for me. I will consume it, but I could live without it. I do like eating the occasional steak or burger, so I rejected the idea of becoming a vegetarian--For now. I have very seriously considered becoming pescetarian though. I think I could do without red meat, but I may occasionally miss it.

11-05-2016, 11:48 AM
https://foodforthought490.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/851x315-eatinganimalsearthday2.jpg

Marusya
11-05-2016, 12:01 PM
No, I'm not vegan. However, there are many meatless observances in the Orthodox faith. Christmas Eve is completely meatless, for instance. Ukrainian Christmas Eve has 12 dishes, all meatless. (I am not a practicing Orthodox, but some of my Ukrainian side of the family were/are devout members.)

Vegetarian in Ukraine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um2p4GlEbKg

11-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Interesting Marusya, in Poland they do not eat meat as well, but they had 12 different fish dishes on the table. I know they are not Orthodox but is it the same in Ukraine when you say that you do not eat meat on Christmas but still eat fish?

crazyladybutterfly
11-05-2016, 12:22 PM
vegan diet is very challenging, at least to me . i am naturally inclined to prefer "meat" over any vegetable (and weirdly enough my teeth looks like an intermediate between carnivorous and omnivorous) but i tried being vegan only for morality and since i dislike veggies and didnt take b12 supplements i started to have neurological problems after less than a year , with low b12 and almost non existent vit. d (the laboratory couldnt tell how much i had of vit d because it was inferior to the minimum which they could measure) . now i am a vegetarian again but even as a vegetarian i am forced to take supplements because I dislike too many foods and i am never hungry. I still have coordination issues and i have to take some medicines for my incontinence .

this said being healthy while vegan is possible, you need to do a lot of sacrifices and take b12 after a while ... but you need to be very careful otherwise you can procure yourself irreparable demage

Ultra
11-05-2016, 12:25 PM
https://foodforthought490.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/851x315-eatinganimalsearthday2.jpg
So production of poop and (cold)water consumption are huge environmental issues now or what? :rotfl:

crazyladybutterfly
11-05-2016, 12:27 PM

yes. but if you re a vegetarian you still contribute to the exploitment of animals (well unless you have your own cute chickens and limit yourself by eating their eggs)

11-05-2016, 12:33 PM
You most likely were B12 deficient even before going vegan, which is common and low intake of vitamin D is more of a sunlight problem than a diet one. People have to understand that when you go vegan you must have a balanced diet to be healthy, just like in any other diet. That means you have to combine legumes, vegetables, fruit, seeds, whole grains, cereals, etc.

Being healthy on a vegan diet is not really an effort, you just weren't doing it on a right way due to your eating dissorders (having a lifestyle where you do not eat veggies is not sustainable even on an omnivorous diet, not to talk about a vegan one).

11-05-2016, 12:42 PM
So production of poop and (cold)water consumption are huge environmental issues now or what? :rotfl:

Massive amounts of animal poop spilling into our waterways does not seem a problem to you, not to talk about that it is responsible for more water pollution than all other industrial sources combined. Half of all water used in the U.S. is used to raise animals that does not seem to be an huge enviromental issue? :picard2:

Poise n Pen
11-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Massive amounts of animal poop spilling into our waterways does not seem a problem to you, not to talk about that it is responsible for more water pollution than all other industrial sources combined. Half of all water used in the U.S. is used to raise animals that does not seem to be an huge enviromental issue? :picard2:

lol

Wow, you really are retarded.

btw you eat hundreds of times more nitrates in your vegan meals than there is in a single hot dog, yet shit is the worst pollution.

11-05-2016, 01:01 PM
lol

Wow, you really are retarded.

btw you eat hundreds of times more nitrates in your vegan meals than there is in a single hot dog, yet shit is the worst pollution.

Nitrates are compounds found naturally in vegetables, so how is that polluting? Only an retarded American who beats on women like you could make such a stupid statement to insinuate that an hot dog is less harmful than a proper vegan meal :rotfl: I think your high on fat and cholesterol American diet is cutting off the blood supply to your brain.

11-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Also nice to see that the only thing that can unite a Redneck (Poise n Pen) to a Taliban (Ultra) is their public enemy number one, a vegan with his different views and threatening lifestyle :picard1:

crazyladybutterfly
11-05-2016, 01:11 PM
You most likely were B12 deficient even before going vegan, which is common and low intake of vitamin D is more of a sunlight problem than a diet one. People have to understand that when you go vegan you must have a balanced diet to be healthy, just like in any other diet. That means you have to combine legumes, vegetables, fruit, seeds, whole grains, cereals, etc.

Being healthy on a vegan diet is not really an effort, you just weren't doing it on a right way due to your eating dissorders (having a lifestyle where you do not eat veggies is not sustainable even on an omnivorous diet, not to talk about a vegan one).

as a child i use to eat meat everyday but i didnt eat veggies and used to eat the same fruits (apples) . needless to say i was always weak and i am sure i didnt reach my cognitive potential. i remember that from a cognitive point of view i was much more advantaged in preschool (i rapidly learnt how to write and read why many of these kids took years to read fastly) , compared to my same aged peers, than in 5th grade.

i find it annoying how people tend to be afraid of ONLY vegetarian and vegan kids but they dont care about the omnivorous ones who dont follow the correct diet.

Poise n Pen
11-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Hard to believe all this idiocy. Like I sad, this is just cuckoldry plain and simple. Somewhere there is a gaynig with no clean water so you white ppl should not let animals drink from streams because it poisons water supply.

Please leave planet earth, you are a genetic catastrophe.

Kamal900
11-05-2016, 01:18 PM

I'm glad to be a heavy meat eater, lol. Humans by nature are Omnivorous which is true for most Primates as well.

Poise n Pen
11-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Also I would point out people in europe have had a particular lifestyle of raising cattle and pigs as their main food for close to 10k years now, and before that they were mainly hunters. Suddenly we should throw ALL culture in the dirt like it never happened and live like subhumans just so we can cram more diversity nigs in our cities. Who themselves can't be bothered with such shit though. LOL

11-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Hard to believe all this idiocy. Like I sad, this is just cuckoldry plain and simple. Somewhere there is a gaynig with no clean water so you white ppl should not let animals drink from streams because it poisons water supply.

Please leave planet earth, you are a genetic catastrophe.

Seems to be very difficult for you to keep coherence on your speech. What does what you've just said have to do with anything we were talking about? The way you keep talking as if veganism was a leftist movement just shows once again what an american idiot you are, who thinks nothing has an environmental impact.

In Europe were far-right\patriotic\nationalist movements are way more widespread than in ridden with negro-culture America, there is one thing that you never even heard about because you are an ignorant and its called Eco-Nationalism. There is also far-right movements who are concerned about the environment, so do not give me that card of veganism = left.

Hard to argue with someone that thinks that hunting and rasing cattle as we did 10k years ago is the same or as the same impact as modern animal farming, where 150 billion animals are slaughtered each year (and the number is growing) for human comsuption. Does that sound sustainable? :picard1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XnsNgkXpck

Truth Preacher
11-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Nah could probably never do it although basically forced to go veg some times of the year lul.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
11-05-2016, 02:14 PM
what is the difference between vegan and vegetarian anyway? are they the same thing?

11-05-2016, 02:17 PM
At any rate, I don't wanna limit myself as far as food goes. I probably like some meat, I do not see any point in not eating it.

Truth Preacher
11-05-2016, 02:24 PM
what is the difference between vegan and vegetarian anyway? are they the same thing?

Vegans don't consume dairy products whereas Vegetarians do.

11-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Vegans don't consume dairy products whereas Vegetarians do.

Ah. I wonder why not?

11-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Ah. I wonder why not?

Same reasons as stated before, ethical reasons, health and environment. You are not that inocent to really think that if an animal doesn’t have to die in order for you to get your dairy products that then it means that this industry is ethical, that dairy products are healthy or that it does not have an environmental impact.

Ülev
11-05-2016, 02:53 PM
I have to start raw veganism

11-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Why raw?

Ülev
11-05-2016, 02:58 PM
when I watch YT it looks more interesting

11-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Raw veganism is not for me, I like to cook my food and I find cooked food more practical to fulfil my calorie requirements.

I already eat raw most of the day but the main dishes like lunch and dinner I always cook them.

11-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Vandaal, I am also curious to know how is to be a vegan in your country? Most people are cool with it or most of the times is a pain in the ass? I was not vegan yet at the time when I lived in Poland.

Ülev
11-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Vandaal, I am also curious to know how is to be a vegan in your country? Most people are cool with it or most of the times is a pain in the ass? I was not vegan yet at the time when I lived in Poland.

I have a house in the village, so it's cheaper, own garden, vegetables, fruits etc.

11-05-2016, 03:17 PM
How is it when you have to eat out in a restaurent? I am assuming it was easier in Scadinavia where there is a larger vegan comunity or Poland is starting to have vegan alternatives as well?

Here in Portugal eating out is not easy as most restaurents do not offer any vegan alternative.

Ülev
11-05-2016, 03:21 PM
WE have some vegetarian restaurants but I do not believe them, even in ketchup could be this "thing"
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/Armored_scale_insects.png
E120
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carminic_acid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale_insect

Gold-Shekel
11-05-2016, 04:26 PM
More power to the people who can deal with that kind of diet but why do most vegans have to tell you that they're vegan? Or that eating meat etc is wrong?

11-06-2016, 01:32 AM
More power to the people who can deal with that kind of diet but why do most vegans have to tell you that they're vegan? Or that eating meat etc is wrong?

I hear from meat eaters about how meat is awesome way more than I hear from vegans about anything to be honest. When someone offers me something to eat or invites me to have dinner out, what am I suppost to do? Pretend that I am not hungry or that I have another appointment or explain them politely that I am vegan?

If you choose to live differently because you believe it is the ethical thing to do, sometimes others will take offence (they will take it that you have called them unethical). That is one of the main reasons why some people just hate to hear someone saying he or she is vegan.

Gold-Shekel
11-06-2016, 10:24 AM
I hear from meat eaters about how meat is awesome way more than I hear from vegans about anything to be honest. When someone offers me something to eat or invites me to have dinner out, what am I suppost to do? Pretend that I am not hungry or that I have another appointment or explain them politely that I am vegan?

If you choose to live differently because you believe it is the ethical thing to do, sometimes others will take offence (they will take it that you have called them unethical). That is one of the main reasons why some people just hate to hear someone saying he or she is vegan.

People who have told me they were vegan weren't even near food, it was out of the blue. They said it in a way that was almost like "see how awesome I am?" and I feel like a lot of people are in the same situation as I am. It's one thing to say "Sorry I don't eat animal products, I'm vegan" and it's another one to say "I'm against animal cruelty so I don't use animal products" because there is a moraliziing factor in there. They're also often the kind of people who don't want to wear wool and leather because they're animal products yet don't mind wearing polyester or polyeurethane which are much worse for the environment, not as durable and are more often than not clothing items produced in inhumane conditions.

Purohit ji
11-06-2016, 11:01 AM
People oppose racism casteism nationalism but support specieism hypocrite world

11-06-2016, 12:46 PM
People who have told me they were vegan weren't even near food, it was out of the blue. They said it in a way that was almost like "see how awesome I am?" and I feel like a lot of people are in the same situation as I am. It's one thing to say "Sorry I don't eat animal products, I'm vegan" and it's another one to say "I'm against animal cruelty so I don't use animal products" because there is a moraliziing factor in there. They're also often the kind of people who don't want to wear wool and leather because they're animal products yet don't mind wearing polyester or polyeurethane which are much worse for the environment, not as durable and are more often than not clothing items produced in inhumane conditions.

But how do you know that vegans tell everyone that they are vegan? You may be next to one right now, passed through hundreds of them through your life and if they do not say anything you will never know. Of course as soon as anyone mentions veganism to you it will confirm your theory. This is called “confirmatory bias”.

11-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Also out of curiosity, were those vegans that you met mostly jewish? I am asking this because jews are the abrahamic ethnoreligious group with most vegans\vegetarians at least in percentage when compared to christians and islamits.

Ülev
11-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Also out of curiosity, were those vegans that you met mostly jewish? I am asking this because jews are the abrahamic ethnoreligious group with most vegans\vegetarians at least in percentage when compared to christians and islamits.

am I? lol

Grenzland
11-06-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm a vegetarian 99% of all time but break the rules for Christmas or Eastern with my family. My sister is vegan but that would be annoying for me.

11-06-2016, 01:40 PM
am I? lol

Have you met Gold-Shekel and told him straight to the face how vegan you are? :D

Grenzland
11-06-2016, 02:04 PM
My reason is that animals shouldn't be a mass production. It's not a problem to eat them but it's often humiliating how they are held.

Antimage
11-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Vegatarianism involves eating eggs?

Grenzland
11-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Nope. ;)

11-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Vegatarianism involves eating eggs?

Depends on what you are. Some do eat eggs.

Semi-Vegetarians

Semi-vegetarians or "Flexitarians" are people who are flexible in the kind of food they eat. They usually restrict themselves to vegetarian diet, but on occasions have meat as well.

Vegetarians

Most vegetarians fall in the category of lacto-ovo-vegetarians, meaning they eat egg and dairy products. However, they avoid beef, pork, poultry, sea-food and flesh of any kinds.

Lacto–Vegetarians

Lacto means milk and lacto-vegetarians are people who abstain from meat, poultry, sea-food and eggs. They consume dairy products. Most Hindu vegetarians are Lacto-vegetarians.

Ovo-Vegetarians

Vegetarians who avoid meat and dairy products, but consume eggs are termed as ovo-vegetarians. People who are lactose intolerant usually turn ovo-vegetarians. Like Lacto, the term ovo is a Latin word for egg.

Vegan

Vegans are the strictest type of vegetarians who abstain from eating eggs, dairy products, any animal products and products derived from animals. They refrain from eating any products which are made using animal products or contain even traces of animal products like gelatin.

Raw Vegan

Vegans who only eat raw food.

Grenzland
11-06-2016, 02:22 PM
I'm a flexitarian then. ;)

Antimage
11-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Anyway what's wrong with eggs?What's the argument against eating them?

Grenzland
11-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Anyway what's wrong with eggs?What's the argument against eating them?

According to my vegan sister it's still not natural for chicken to give their eggs away. Something like that.

Hadouken
11-06-2016, 02:28 PM
bye bye proteeinz

11-06-2016, 02:30 PM
To put it simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utPkDP3T7R4

Love this chick videos, really well done.

Queen B
11-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Vegeterianism and Veganism isn't really popular in here, actually.
Also, there isn't much of a mass-production of meat here either, so I guess we aren't that sensitive in that area.

My former roomate (which was a huge fan of meat), is now back in the USA and she is now vegeterian, trying to be vegan.
When I asked her ''You? Is it possible?''. She was like '' If you saw how the meat here is produced you would be , too. If I come back there, I'll start eating meat again''.

What I dislike in Vegeterians/Vegans is the whole ''Into your face'' and ''I'm holier than thou'' attitude against the rest, like we are the amoral people that like to kill animals, and they are the great ones that love the earth and poor chickens and cows.

Insuperable
11-06-2016, 02:31 PM
According to my vegan sister it's still not natural for chicken to give their eggs away. Something like that.

Imagine then vegans who are pro-abortion. Is your sister by any chance against abortion?

Grenzland
11-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Imagine then vegans who are pro-abortion. Is your sister by any chance against abortion?

To be honest, I don't know. Do you talk with your sister about abortions?

Insuperable
11-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Vegeterianism and Veganism isn't really popular in here, actually.
Also, there isn't much of a mass-production of meat here either, so I guess we aren't that sensitive in that area.

My former roomate (which was a huge fan of meat), is now back in the USA and she is now vegeterian, trying to be vegan.
When I asked her ''You? Is it possible?''. She was like '' If you saw how the meat here is produced you would be , too. If I come back there, I'll start eating meat again''.

What I dislike in Vegeterians/Vegans is the whole ''Into your face'' and ''I'm holier than thou'' attitude against the rest, like we are the amoral people that like to kill animals, and they are the great ones that love the earth and poor chickens and cows.

Mediterraneans would rather kill themselves then give up the marinated fish.:p
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o8in-CSa6hg/U7H9-WK1e8I/AAAAAAAAPJ8/vZ6nsbpKB8c/s1600/IMG_7972.JPG

11-06-2016, 02:36 PM

Nonsence, abortion in humans is done voluntarily, what does that have to do with eggs. :picard1: Not a very bright rethoric.

Insuperable
11-06-2016, 02:37 PM
To be honest, I don't know. Do you talk with your sister about abortions?

I don't have a sister, but ok I understand.

11-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Mediterraneans would rather kill themselves then give up the marinated fish.:p
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o8in-CSa6hg/U7H9-WK1e8I/AAAAAAAAPJ8/vZ6nsbpKB8c/s1600/IMG_7972.JPG

I guess I fit in the southern\mediterranean category and I would not kill myself for any of that.

I would "kill" for this:

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/2013/03/20130303-vegan-recipes-roundup-primary.jpg

:p

Hithaeglir
11-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Maybe i should have been one by now,with the shit i've seen and done but you become desensitized and start considering everything a normality.I do respect Vegans deeply though.

11-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Maybe i should have been one by now,with the shit i've seen and done but you become desensitized and start considering everything a normality.I do respect Vegans deeply though.

Never to late to give it a try ;)

Grenzland
11-06-2016, 02:51 PM

Greek food is a temptation, to be honest. :D

11-06-2016, 02:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13wFnTB5GQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0u53lApkCM

Grenzland
11-06-2016, 03:01 PM
But grilled fish... :thumb001:

Hithaeglir
11-06-2016, 03:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13wFnTB5GQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0u53lApkCM

Actually for a Greek it would be pretty easy to turn into a vegetarian,because we have already a lot of vegetables and fruits in our diet.

Insuperable
11-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Nonsence, abortion in humans is done voluntarily, what does that have to do with eggs. :picard1: Not very bright rethoric.

Oh, I see, vegans care about the chicken not the eggs.:rolleyes: It is just that I would find it hypocritical if some vegans care about the eggs and don't care about the human embrio. Or if you like, to think that it is not natural for a chicken to give their eggs away, but that it is natural for women to abort, voluntarily or not.

I guess I fit in the southern\mediterranean category and I would not kill myself for any of that.:p

You are not the majority.

Skjaldemjřden
11-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Been considering it for a while. I love meat, but the industry behind it is repulsive and cruel. I've recently donated to a cultured meat company. Hopefully it won't be too many years before it's available for mass consumption. I've minimized the red meat in my diet to once a week. Still eat a lot of dairy products. I'll make the transition at some point, I just have more important stuff to focus on at this point in my life.
My cousin has been a vegan for two years now. He's a bodybuilder and quite healthy. I like some of the food he makes.

11-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Oh, I see, vegans care about the chicken not the eggs.:rolleyes: It is just that I would find it hypocritical if some vegans care about the eggs and don't care about the human embrio. Or if you like, to think that it is not natural for a chicken to give their eggs away, but that it is natural for women to abort, voluntarily or not

Animal cognition is not the same as the Human...animals are not rational. You can not compare both things, it makes no sence. And it does not really matter if it is natural for a woman to abort or not, the point is that they do it voluntarely and with their conscient mind. It is also not natural for humans to fly, yet we do it :rolleyes: That is what differs us from the rest of the animals, we have voluntary will and do not rely only on our instincts...

I am not the majority but do not include me on your blatant statement.

11-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Been considering it for a while. I love meat, but the industry behind it is repulsive and cruel. I've recently donated to a cultured meat company. Hopefully it won't be too many years before it's available for mass consumption. I've minimized the red meat in my diet to once a week. Still eat a lot of dairy products. I'll make the transition at some point, I just have more important stuff to focus on at this point in my life.
My cousin has been a vegan for two years now. He's a bodybuilder and quite healthy. I like some of the food he makes.

Meat does taste good. Like I said I was not born and raised as a vegan. But anything that is enjoyable is therefore justified? That was the reason why I changed my habits.

Glad to hear you have a cousin who is vegan and also a bodybuilder, people like him are important to debunk certain myths about veganism.

Gold-Shekel
11-06-2016, 03:34 PM
But how do you know that vegans tell everyone that they are vegan? You may be next to one right now, passed through hundreds of them through your life and if they do not say anything you will never know. Of course as soon as anyone mentions veganism to you it will confirm your theory. This is called “confirmatory bias”.

You seem very passive aggressive, not ready to leave the other person a right of opinion, like most vegans.

11-06-2016, 03:39 PM
You seem very passive aggressive, not ready to leave the other person a right of opinion, like most vegans.

It might be the case, but you gave your opinion why can't I give mine? Are you being passive aggressive by being bothered by my right of opinion as well?

Insuperable
11-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Animal cognition is not the same as the Human...animals are not rational. You can not compare both things, it makes no sence. And it does not really matter if it is natural for a woman to abort or not, the point is that they do it voluntarely and with their conscient mind. It is also not natural for humans to fly, yet we do it :rolleyes: That is what differs us from the rest of the animals, we have voluntary will and do not rely only on our instincts...

I atm have a voluntary will of shooting you at the spot. Jokes aside. The way you put it makes me eat some chickens.

I am not the majority but do not include me on your blatant statement.

Ok. With 'Mediterraneans', I meant the majority of Mediterraneans. Are you happy now?

11-06-2016, 03:59 PM
I atm have a voluntary will of shooting you at the spot. Jokes aside. The way you put it makes me eat some chickens.

Your resentment only proves your lack of arguments and poor theories.

Insuperable
11-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Your resentment only proves your lack of arguments.

Plz, I am joking. There is also no counter-argument I could give you, everything has been said, just don't think that you actually gave a worthy argument.

Marzipan
11-06-2016, 04:53 PM
There are also pescetarian. No meat but fish and seafood.

Gold-Shekel
11-06-2016, 05:14 PM
It might be the case, but you gave your opinion why can't I give mine? Are you being passive aggressive by being bothered by my right of opinion as well?

Unlike you I'm not saying "you're 100% wrong, your opinion is false", you however are saying that vegans are totally right and that the problem of them being dicks comes from normal human beings lol + doesn't change the facts vegans use more petroleum products than normal human beings.

11-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Unlike you I'm not saying "you're 100% wrong, your opinion is false", you however are saying that vegans are totally right and that the problem of them being dicks comes from normal human beings lol + doesn't change the facts vegans use more petroleum products than normal human beings.

You are the one who makes claims and spread unacurate rumours about vegans, like that silly one were you say that we consume more petroleum products than normal human beings...and we have to believe in it because you said so, right? :picard1: I never said that I am 100% right and you're wrong, we are having a discussion and in a discussion it is normal to have divergent views, do I have to feel sorry now if your comprehension can not handle that?

MissMischief
11-06-2016, 11:42 PM
I tried to go vegan for a couple of weeks but then I gave up for some reasons.

1) It was too expensive because I was buying organic food which costs much more than just regular food. Yes, I could've just bought the regular stuff but I wanted to go hardcore vegan.

2) It was too time consuming because finding food which is suitable for vegans is quite the challenge. I mean, it was pretty difficult in the sense that I had to go out of my way and read labels and check that it was vegan 'safe' instead of just picking it up and being like "yea sure this will do".

3) It was pretty hard in my case because I went straight from eating meat regularly to veganism. I should have taken it slowly instead - maybe transition gradually from eating meat to vegetarian then finally to veganism. It's hard because your body isn't used to just eating vegetables, meaning you get cravings for things and it's really hard to not be able to eat things you once loved like ice cream, chocolate or pizza. Yes, there are vegan alternatives but it's just more money and trying to find vegan alternatives at your local supermarket is limiting because most only have a very small selection.

And let's not get into trying to order food at restaurants :laugh:

Gold-Shekel
11-07-2016, 12:32 PM
You are the one who makes claims and spread unacurate rumours about vegans, like that silly one were you say that we consume more petroleum products than normal human beings...and we have to believe in it because you said so, right? :picard1: I never said that I am 100% right and you're wrong, we are having a discussion and in a discussion it is normal to have divergent views, do I have to feel sorry now if your comprehension can not handle that?

Here's to ya: http://features.peta.org/how-to-wear-vegan/

It's not me who invented it, it's Saint PETA, the mother of all zoophiles. Notice how much synthetics are there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvEnPehemE

Also, Vegan Gains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn8Rd3efEqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qRd7-cbXes

These people are your representatives.

Deneb
11-07-2016, 03:19 PM
I was Raw Foodism a time ago, but not exclusively vegan, although I basically ate raw vegetables, and, in at much lesser extent, raw meat (Carpaccio) and raw fish (Sushi). But this kind of diet is a bit expensive and really demands to pass more time cooking, so nowadays I eat a bit of everything, but processed food; of course vegetables remains as my favourite food.
Although I don't recommend veganism/vegetarianism for children or teenagers.

11-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Carbon Footprint of Foods, Ranked

http://vegnews.com/web/uploads/asset/9122/file/VegNewsCarbonEmissions.jpg

Australian study reveals which foods (hint: animal products) are most environmentally destructive.

Research conducted by the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology ranked the environmental impact—or “carbon footprint”—of foods consumed daily. The group analyzed the effects of raising and growing food for consumption, and compiled a systematic review of 369 published studies to create a comprehensive hierarchical pyramid of where all items fall. Researchers found that fruit, grains, and vegetables carried the smallest carbon footprints, while animal products such as lamb and beef were identified as the most environmentally problematic. Lead researcher Karli Verghese explained the motives behind the study, stating, “We wanted to help people make informed choices, to empower consumers and people working in the food industry who would like to reduce their environmental impact.” This new research confirms that animal agriculture is an environmentally destructive practice—a topic that has been extensively explored ever since the United Nations published a report in 2009 stating that cows produce more methane gas than all transportation combined.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959652616303584

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2016/11/02/Scientists-calculate-carbon-footprint-of-breakfast-lunch-and-dinner/7781478093269/?spt=sec&or=sn

http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=6786&catId=1

11-11-2016, 12:26 AM
New Yorker Files $5 Million Lawsuit for Beef Found in Fries

http://vegnews.com/web/uploads/asset/9139/file/VegNewsFrenchFries.jpg

Vegetarian sued Buffalo Wild Wings upon discovering undisclosed beef tallow in French fries.

"New Yorker Alexa Borenkoff filed a class-action lawsuit on November 2 against chain restaurant Buffalo Wild Wings. Borenkoff was prompted to file the suit—in which she demands $5 million in damages—after discovering that the restaurant failed to disclose the presence of beef in their vegetarian items. “Buffalo Wild Wings does not list beef tallow as an ingredient, disclose its use on the menu, or reference using beef tallow,” the suit states. The vegetarian consumed French fries and mozzarella sticks at two New York locations of the restaurant last year before discovering the presence of beef fat. This week, Wall Street’s financial news outlet The Street advised investors to “avoid [Buffalo Wild Wings’] stock like the plague,” due to the company’s drop in sales by 3.5-percent weekly. In addition to Buffalo Wild Wings, competitor restaurants—including McDonald’s, where brand executives reported that only one in five millennials have ever tried a Big Mac—have experienced stagnant sales, while those that have heeded increased customer demand for meat-free options (such as Pret a Manger) continue to thrive."

French fries made with beef tallow. The type of shit people are puting in their mouths and another example of the decay that is going on the fast food industry.

11-12-2016, 01:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fucVdQ6N3f4

alnortedelsur
11-12-2016, 01:13 AM
Neither one of the poll responses. However, I procure to follow a healthy and balanced diet, that includes enough fruits, greens and vegetables.

11-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Still you are not vegan or vegetarian, you could vote on that option.

alnortedelsur
11-12-2016, 01:22 AM
Still you are not vegan or vegetarian, you could vote in that option.

Fixed :)

I voted for that option, but it doesn't mean that I don't eat vegetables, but just that I don't only eat vegetables as vegetarians do.

11-12-2016, 01:33 AM
Being non-vegan\vegetarian does not mean that you do not eat vegetables, don't worry.

Truth Preacher
11-12-2016, 01:57 AM
I'm vegetarian 1 day a week. I guess I could be vegetarian but only eating south asian, otherwise no way lol

Purohit ji
11-12-2016, 05:31 AM
I'm vegetarian 1 day a week. I guess I could be vegetarian but only eating south asian, otherwise no way lol

Anybody can be vegetarian with indian vegetarian food variety

DRUM
04-13-2017, 03:11 PM
I'm not but I don't eat meat on Fridays.

Voskos
04-13-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm not but I don't eat meat on Fridays.

why?

Kazimiera
04-13-2017, 03:58 PM
My husband and I don't eat meat. I prefer "don't eat meat" to the labels of "vegetarian" and "vegan" because those terms are thrown around so loosely today. Like you must be some kind of loser hipster who labels himself to make himself more interesting to others, as if he belongs to some exclusive club. I also don't like the attitude of many of the these "vegans and vegetarians" have. They are exactly the same as some extremist religious groups who try and convert you to their religion, in this case a diet.

I wouldn't mind going vegan but my husband says it's a little too far-fetched for him. I make a number of recipes which classify as vegan but he still likes his eggs and milk in his coffee and tea. He said he is not going to give up milk in his tea and coffee.

There is a vegan restaurant in my town which I took him to one afternoon. It was extremely stressful because he was criticising everything. He normally moans when he gets exposed to something new but that day he took it to the extreme. This restaurant was pet-friendly and some people had brought their Dachshund. I pointed out the dog to him and he says (loudly), "That's no sausage-dog, that's a fucking tofu-dog." I got him out of there as quickly and quietly as I could. I've been back there because the food is very nice (in my opinion), but ALONE. No way am I taking him there again! He's embarrassing. :picard1:

DRUM
04-13-2017, 04:30 PM
why?

Christian practice.. It's not so common with Catholics anymore after Vatican II, but my family kept the abstinence. Our elementary and high school also rarely served meat on Fridays.

Kazimiera
04-13-2017, 04:41 PM

I don't go for these meat substitutes that are supposed to taste like "real meat". You're either vegetarian/vegan or you aren't. If you have to start making these "tastes like the real thing", then you might as well eat meat. Simple.

Wrong
04-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Why do many vegans force their carnivore pets to become vegans aswell? I find that sick.

Profileid
04-13-2017, 04:55 PM

Wheat and soy are horrible for anyone.
This is not food,this is a chemistry experiment.

Tacitus
04-13-2017, 05:04 PM
http://www.trinketsandtees.com/webpics/saveacow.jpg
:laugh:

Trilecce
04-13-2017, 05:25 PM

I have a question... Are vegans allowed to suck dick or eat pussy?

Zephyrus
04-13-2017, 05:30 PM
My husband and I don't eat meat. I prefer "don't eat meat" to the labels of "vegetarian" and "vegan" because those terms are thrown around so loosely today. Like you must be some kind of loser hipster who labels himself to make himself more interesting to others, as if he belongs to some exclusive club. I also don't like the attitude of many of the these "vegans and vegetarians" have. They are exactly the same as some extremist religious groups who try and convert you to their religion, in this case a diet.

I wouldn't mind going vegan but my husband says it's a little too far-fetched for him. I make a number of recipes which classify as vegan but he still likes his eggs and milk in his coffee and tea. He said he is not going to give up milk in his tea and coffee.

There is a vegan restaurant in my town which I took him to one afternoon. It was extremely stressful because he was criticising everything. He normally moans when he gets exposed to something new but that day he took it to the extreme. This restaurant was pet-friendly and some people had brought their Dachshund. I pointed out the dog to him and he says (loudly), "That's no sausage-dog, that's a fucking tofu-dog." I got him out of there as quickly and quietly as I could. I've been back there because the food is very nice (in my opinion), but ALONE. No way am I taking him there again! He's embarrassing. :picard1::D

Poor guy, I can imagine what he was going through.

Trilecce
04-13-2017, 05:34 PM
Technically, a vegan cant swallow my sperm right?

Annie999
04-13-2017, 05:38 PM
I used to be a strict vegetarian for 7 years. I quit because my ex was very carnivorous and it was tiresome to cook twice or restrain from going to most places to eat outside. Uruguay is known for having some of the best meat in the world, and also ranks #1 at meat eaters per capita, so it's very inconvenient to be a vegetarian here.

I don't regret quitting, but I still dont enjoy meat and eat very little, though I also enjoy being more relaxed about it and also eat something I like when in the past I was absolutely against it.

http://gobackpacking.com/countries-for-meat-lovers/

Rumata
04-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Been a vegetarian (milk products eating) for about 15 years.

Purohit ji
04-14-2017, 07:47 AM
My husband and I He's embarrassing. :picard1:

https://unicornprincesses.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/3.jpg

vonneauman
04-14-2017, 07:51 AM

Only a dumb ass like you would say this. And I know you don't post here anymore but just saying.

If anything what Americans need is LESS MEAT rather than more to solve the obesity epidemic.

Óttar
04-14-2017, 07:55 AM
I was a vegetarian for one year. I stopped when I went to German-language camp for the summer. The social aspect and convenience of meat-eating is too great. I stuck to a vegan diet for a week and I went to the bathroom several times a day from detoxing. I will probably be a mostly-vegan when I'm older, but I'm not a dogmatist, so I will probably eat meat once in a while.

vonneauman
04-14-2017, 08:21 AM
I was a vegetarian for one year. I stopped when I went to German-language camp for the summer. The social aspect and convenience of meat-eating is too great. I stuck to a vegan diet for a week and I went to the bathroom several times a day from detoxing. I will probably be a mostly-vegan when I'm older, but I'm not a dogmatist, so I will probably eat meat once in a while.

Likewise.

Kazimiera
04-20-2017, 10:38 PM
After some mental preparation, staunch warnings and moral support I took Mr Kazimiera to the vegan restaurant again. He grumbled (as usual) but he went along with it. There was a big a buffet and he found some things he liked. As he was munching away, he admitted that what he selected is very nice.

He also discovered coffee with honey. It is such is a weird combination that I've never tried it because it doesn't sound very pleasant. The husband is normally very suspicious of anything which sounds strange, but for some reason he agreed to coffee with honey AND he liked it! I tried a little and it wasn't bad. I'd have to commit to a full cup of it to be able to pass proper critique.

Last night we ordered pizza and I accidentally ordered our usual veggie pizza but with chicken (my mistake). The husband said he will eat it any way, since it is there. It's the first time in months that he's had chicken (or ANY kind of meat). Halfway through the first bite he said, "This is revolting!" I told him before he went vegetarian that after a few months any kind of meat will not taste pleasant anymore. He was skeptical then, but admitted last night that he was so surprised when he found the chicken to taste awful. He said, "It tasted like something that shouldn't be eaten". He ate the rest of the pizza but scraped the chicken off.

Zephyrus
04-20-2017, 10:46 PM
After some mental preparation, staunch warnings and moral support I took Mr Kazimiera to the vegan restaurant again. He grumbled (as usual) but he went along with it. There was a big a buffet and he found some things he liked. As he was munching away, he admitted that what he selected is very nice.

He also discovered coffee with honey. It is such is a weird combination that I've never tried it because it doesn't sound very pleasant. The husband is normally very suspicious of anything which sounds strange, but for some reason he agreed to coffee with honey AND he liked it! I tried a little and it wasn't bad. I'd have to commit to a full cup of it to be able to pass proper critique.

Last night we ordered pizza and I accidentally ordered our usual veggie pizza but with chicken (my mistake). The husband said he will eat it any way, since it is there. It's the first time in months that he's had chicken (or ANY kind of meat). Halfway through the first bite he said, "This is revolting!" I told him before he went vegetarian that after a few months any kind of meat will not taste pleasant anymore. He was skeptical then, but admitted last night that he was so surprised when he found the chicken to taste awful. He said, "It tasted like something that shouldn't be eaten". He ate the rest of the pizza but scraped the chicken off.Stop torturing that poor man, you... you... you evil woman!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Kazimiera
04-20-2017, 11:33 PM
Stop torturing that poor man, you... you... you evil woman!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

:lol:

HE is the one who wanted to go vegetarian to start off with. I've been cooking a lot for him and he enjoys everything I make. (Except the carrot, beetroot and lentil combination which he says tasted like I've just dug it out the ground and flung it into a pot.) Today I wanted to invite him out for lunch but our options are very limited. There are only one or two things we can order from a conventional menu, so I suggested there. I was somewhat reluctant because of the way he was last time but I thought I'd give it a go.

One of his gripes with the place last time were what he calls the "grey people": those vegan types who are so "natural" they have dreadlocks, probably haven't washed in a while and are so thin and emaciated their skin has an unhealthy greyish tone. They also tend to wear crystals and are into some kind of alternative healing. He didn't like them at all. It was a bunch of those grey types who had the "tofu dog" the last time we were there. He said I must never think of turning him into a "grey person". I promised him I wouldn't. What he did find encouraging this time, though, was a very, very large Afrikaner uncle, with his wife and kids. Afrikaners are known to be very conservative, so if a big Afrikaner uncle can go there, then he can too. There were also no "grey people" around today (which was a good thing).

He tried some of my juice and said it tasted like something you scrape off the bottom of a lawnmower, but he did like what he selected for himself. AND he enjoyed the coffee with honey.

He said we can "go there again". This is code for: I like the place and the food and I'd like to go again. I don't mind going places on my own, but it's always nicer to have your partner with you.

:thumb001:

Enflamme
04-21-2017, 12:00 AM
lol

Sekarotuinen
04-21-2017, 12:01 AM
I try to be vegetarian, but I always end up eating a burger or cheating in some other way a couple times a month. I exercise frequently, so it isnt for my health that I try to be vegetarian, but rather out of ethical concerns. How do I build up the willpower to go veggie?

Defiance
07-08-2017, 11:12 PM
i'm a firm believer of the bloodtype diet
I'm a firm believer that you're an idiot.

How do I build up the willpower to go veggie?
Well, you could watch Earthlings. That's what finally pushed me over the edge.

Sebastianus Rex
07-09-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm a firm believer that you're an idiot.

Dude, stop being a douche and go eat a steak.

catgeorge
07-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Dude, stop being a douche and go eat a steak.

Like majority of vegetarians lack the protein for proper brain functionality.

Aldaris
12-12-2017, 11:38 AM
I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but there doesn't seem to be a sound ethical counterargument, which would justify not being vegan. Of course, we can play a bit with definitions and then we'd probably be able to justify almost anything, but the question is, how much we'd slip from our intuitive definitions by doing that. In this case, I'd say a lot, so in conclusion, I'm definitely a theoretical vegan. The question I'd ask vegans, who decided to be vegans for ethical reasons, is this one: Are they aware, they're also contributing to many, many animal deaths by buying various things, whose production caused animal deaths, even though the said things can be substituted relatively easily? Let us take grains for example. In the order to produce grain, it is necessary to devastate natural landscape, which is catastrophic for small animals, who inhabited the area previously, be it birds, rodents or small predators like foxes. Poisonous pesticides they're exposed to don't help the situation either. Of course, you can argue, that you have to eat something, so there is really no other choice. Well, is this really true? No, but you'd have to omit even more food items. You'd have to buy your food pretty much only from private farmers, who grow their vegetables essentially on their gardens and/or grow you our vegetables (it is actually easier than it may sound). This might be a bit frustrating, since there aren't many of such farmers anymore, they're not always available and they might often be short of supplies. My point is, veganism is the most obvious choice, regarding ethics of animal treatment, but there are many other, more subtle things to consider, if you want to be completely consistent. Of course, there's pretty much no way, one can avoid all or extremely close to all the animal deaths, he's indirectly contributing to, certain level of compromise is necessary. Vegans have made the first, most crucial step and I respect them for that.

Oden
02-21-2018, 06:02 PM
Im pretty much vegan, i cheat sometimes i admit but for the most part i am vegan!

I love the kitchen and i pickle my own stuff for a hobby :) !

Rumata
02-21-2018, 07:27 PM
Viriato, maybe.

I am a vegetarian 'cheating' on hard sorts of cheese.

Oden
02-21-2018, 07:44 PM
Viriato, maybe.

I am a vegetarian 'cheating' on hard sorts of cheese.

vegetarians can eat cheese, so you don't cheat :P

Ülev
02-21-2018, 07:54 PM
I was raw vegan, now just vegetarian

Rumata
02-21-2018, 07:57 PM
vegetarians can eat cheese, so you don't cheat :P
We can, but only the cheese which is free of components of dead animals and I said that I 'cheat' because I sometimes eat cheese which isn't. Fully vegetarian hard cheeses are rare here now.

Is it you on the photo?

Oden
02-21-2018, 08:11 PM
We can, but only the cheese which is free of components of dead animals and I said that I 'cheat' because I sometimes eat cheese which isn't. Fully vegetarian hard cheeses are rare here now.

Is it you on the photo?

yes! :)

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 03:15 AM
No, my testosterone levels are too high for that.

WillyWonka
02-22-2018, 03:46 AM
Former vegetarian for 1 year...

Purohit ji
02-22-2018, 03:51 AM
Vegan+ghee and yogurt

amoora
02-22-2018, 04:07 AM
I went raw vegan before and felt amazing, but I missed meat and dairy too much I only lasted a few weeks. I want to give it another try

Drawing-slim
02-22-2018, 04:30 AM
Not even close to ever cinsider it. Right now i am on all and only protein meat diet.

Oden
02-22-2018, 06:57 AM
I went raw vegan before and felt amazing, but I missed meat and dairy too much I only lasted a few weeks. I want to give it another try

You should!

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 07:02 AM
If you love animals so much, then why are you eating their food?

Oden
02-22-2018, 07:03 AM
If you love animals so much, then why are you eating their food?

I share their food!

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 07:04 AM
I share their food!

If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?

Oden
02-22-2018, 07:05 AM

You are eating gods creations!

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 07:08 AM
You are eating gods creations!

God gave us dominion over them, and said that we could eat them.

Oden
02-22-2018, 07:15 AM
^noooo

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 07:20 AM
^noooo

ANIMALS ARE YUMMY YUMMY

Purohit ji
02-23-2018, 09:13 AM

You are also made of meat.

Demon Revival
02-23-2018, 09:24 AM
I think that if we were truly supposed to be vegetarians only, we'd have multiple chambered stomachs to break down cellulose (which is the most available plant matter). We'd be able to survive on apparently worthless things such as chewing grass. Yet we don't.

Monkeys and Apes (which were used as an example of "vegan animals" in a video posted earlier) are wrongly placed since they are not strict vegetarians. Their diet consists mainly of fruits but they eat considerable amounts of insects and meat as well. There are also "carnivorous jawed" animals who survive mostly on plant matter: ie Pandas. So using this as a rule of thumb is pretty stupid. There are also well recorded extinct ungulates (mostly vegetarians) who were heavy scavengers/meat eaters: hell pigs, andrewsarchus, chalicotherium, etc...

We are omnivores. It's ok if you want to eat fruits and vegetables only but please do not spread bullshits such as we've only "unnaturally" eating meat for a century or so. Our systems are perfectly able to get nutrition from meat, as well as from a limited amount of plant matters.

Here are some things we're not supposed to be: scavengers (you'd die due to a disease), filter feeders, ruminating (you'd get really sick if you chewed large amounts of grass). Carnivores (at least partial) is not one of them.

Demon Revival
02-23-2018, 09:34 AM
You have the vegan mindset already for sure. I would say that I don't know any fellow vegans that believe that they are the cause of zero animal deaths purely because of being vegan. Every vegan I've ever spoken to is aware that buying commercial products will have paid for some accidental animal deaths in the growing or harvesting process; the difference is in the intent. I would argue that there is a huge moral difference between purposefully paying someone to murder an animal for you and an innocent animal being accidentally killed whilst a tractor ploughs a field for example.

This is naive as fuck. It is not accidentally killing a small mouse with a tractor, you imbecile. It is habitat destruction. You have basically to raze down forests and kms of natural habitats for doing so.

You are still destructing many animals homes so you can get your seeds while thinking you're somehow morally better because you wrongly think the "intent" is distinct.

Yeah, I am aware cow farms cause as much destruction, and on turn these cows have to be feed with grains and grass (which cause even more destruction for the things I explained) but this only goes to show human large population, urbanization and its neediness for commodities are the real problem.

If civilization in its current form was wiped out eating your own farm animals should not be an issue nor a moral concern, and much less an environmental threat.

Bobby Martnen
02-23-2018, 04:48 PM
You are also made of meat.

:picard2:

Purohit ji
02-24-2018, 05:32 AM
:picard2:

Mingle
02-24-2018, 05:35 AM

So you're okay with eating dogs, cats, rats, etc?

Demon Revival
02-24-2018, 05:38 AM

There are people to do so. I don't want to sound like a typical status quo person but what animals are ok or eat or not are totally arbitrary. It really boils down to the opinion the respective person has of the respective animal and what the norms of his culture are.

For example I wouldn't be against mass slaughtering adult stray dogs and cats to feed countries in starvation. Of course both stray cats and dogs are filthy as fuck so it would be a health concern, but if I wasn't I'd support it.

Little ones can be neutered, put on adoption and have a chance at a better life. I also would not be against eating certain amphibians, reptiles, and even non-vertebrates.

Actually, this would be an important question to all the vegans/vegetarians here (which would not qualify as instigating hostility but poses a valid question). Would you be against eating invertebrates such as insects, octopus, scorpions and shrimps/lobsters/crabs?.

Although most people are disgusted by them, they nonetheless represent a far better souce of protein than most plant-based diets, without necessarily having to sacrifice higher end animals/vertebrates.

https://big-cricket-farms.entoexchange.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2015/04/why-eat-crickets.jpg

Grasshoppers and Crickets

Normally seen hopping through your yard or heard making chirping sounds after dark, grasshoppers and crickets probably aren't what you would consider dinner. A 3.5-ounce serving of raw grasshoppers contains between 14 and 28 grams of protein, which is quite a lot for such a small amount of food. That translates to between 30 and 60 percent of the 46 grams of protein women need each day and between 25 and 50 percent of the 56 grams men need on a daily basis. Grasshoppers and crickets are a good source of unsaturated fats, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, which can help lower your risk of heart disease. These insects also supply small amounts of iron, though the exact amount depends on how large the bug is.
Ants

If you tend to shoo the ants away when you're having a picnic, perhaps you should invite them onto the blanket as part of your meal. A 3.5-ounce serving of red ants supplies about 14 grams of protein, according to the National Geographic website. The same serving of red ants also supplies 5.7 milligrams of iron, which is 71 percent of the 8 milligrams men need each day and about one-third of the 18 milligrams women require on a daily basis. Ants are also a good source of calcium.
Beetles

Beetles are among the richest insect sources of protein, according to National Geographic, but the exact amount depends on what type of beetle you're eating. A giant water beetle, for example, supplies about 20 grams of protein per 3.5-ounce, serving while the same amount of June beetle supplies 13.4. A serving of palmworm beetle can have as much as 36 grams of protein. Like other insects, beetles supply calcium and iron, as well as a good dose of zinc. The exact amounts depend on the size and variety of beetle you're eating.
Additional Insects

Caterpillars are another excellent source of protein and other minerals. A 3.5-ounce serving of the average caterpillar contains 6.7 grams of protein and about 13 milligrams of iron. A serving of the mopane caterpillar supplies between 31 and 77 milligrams of iron, however, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. The mopane caterpillar also supplies about one-fourth of the potassium you need each day, as well as 100 percent of the copper you require. Termites are a good source of heart-healthy unsaturated fats, and about 49 percent of their body composition contains these beneficial nutrients.

https://assets.precisionnutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Nutritional-Table-550x781.png

Shit man, knowing with this I could become a huge bodybuilder even in a post apocalyptic "black death second wind" scenario.

Mingle
02-24-2018, 05:46 AM
There are people to do so. I don't want to sound like a typical status quo person but what animals are ok or eat or not are totally arbitrary. It really boils down to the opinion the respective person has of the respective animal and what the norms of his culture are.

For example I wouldn't be against mass slaughtering adult stray dogs and cats to feed countries in starvation. Of course both stray cats and dogs are filthy as fuck so it would be a health concern, but if I wasn't I'd support it.

Little ones can be neutered, put on adoption and have a chance at a better life. I also would not be against eating certain amphibians, reptiles, and even non-vertebrates.

Actually, this would be an important question to all the vegans/vegetarians here (which would not qualify as instigating hostility but poses a valid question). Would you be against eating invertebrates such as insects, octopus, scorpions and shrimps/lobsters/crabs?

True, I agree. I was just wondering what Bobby was gonna say since people with his views usually tend to be against that and don't believe in cultural relativism.

Regarding the invertebrates, they are lesser life forms that mostly die quickly on their own anyways. But I'm sure there are many vegans against eating them as well.

Demon Revival
02-24-2018, 05:54 AM
True, I agree. I was just wondering what Bobby was gonna say since people with his views usually tend to be against that and don't believe in cultural relativism.

Bobby's a dog loving cuckfag. It is obvious that he will try to dance around the question in order to find a faulty explanation.

If you ask me, I would not eat a dog but not because I value their life more than a cow or a chicken. I would not eat it because I think they are gross. I also think they have low muscle mass in comparison to other animals.

Regarding the invertebrates, they are lesser life forms that mostly die quickly on their own anyways. But I'm sure there are many vegans against eating them as well.

For sure. But is it really because they are vegans or they can't overcome the "gross" factor? Many of the grains they eat are growing directly in soil with lots of fungus, decaying plant matter, earthworm hummus and lixiviates though.

I think eating insects is a good idea. I am also a fan of fungus food (and drugs). It is so funny how other life forms are completely shafted away in favor of plants and vertebrates.

Our closest animals relatives all eat insects. Gorillas, chimps get a shitload of proteins from them, so it's not like they're getting all muscular only by eating plants (unlike some people say).

Chimpanzees are omnivores, meaning they eat both plants and animals.
In fact, Dr. Jane Goodall was the first person to observe chimpanzees eating other animals when she saw them using sticks to extract termites and also hunting smaller mammals such as monkeys. Until then, chimpanzees were believed to be herbivores, like other great apes.
While most of a chimpanzee’s diet is made up of fruits, seeds, nuts, leaves, flowers and insects, they can be surprisingly creative with tool use and sourcing medicinal – and recreational – sources of food.

Also, there are even plants that eat insects, LMAO.

Bobby Martnen
02-24-2018, 06:03 AM

Not dogs, because I love them and have some, and not cats and rats because it's gross.

Mingle
02-24-2018, 06:03 AM
Not dogs, because I love them and have some, and not cats and rats because it's gross.

Do you think it's wrong if other people eat them?

Bobby Martnen
02-24-2018, 06:04 AM

I think eating dogs is morally wrong no matter what culture, because they are our pets and friends and companions.

https://previews.123rf.com/images/feedough/feedough1405/feedough140500236/28372771-sad-face-of-a-little-cute-labrador-retriever-puppy-dog-on-white-background.jpg

Bobby Martnen
02-24-2018, 06:08 AM
Do you think it's wrong if other people eat them?

Dogs? Yes.

Cats and rats? No.

Mingle
02-24-2018, 06:14 AM
Dogs? Yes.

Why?

Bobby Martnen
02-24-2018, 06:17 AM
Why?

Because I love them.
Is it internally consistent? No.
Do I care? No.

Demon Revival
02-24-2018, 06:56 AM
Because I love them.
Is it internally consistent? No.
Do I care? No.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Vietnamese_dog_meat.jpg/1024px-Vietnamese_dog_meat.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/Dog_meat_hotpot.JPG

Honestly as much as I dislike dogs and their habits this looks tasty.

Bobby Martnen
02-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Honestly as much as I dislike dogs and their habits this looks tasty.

That's repulsive.

rami999
07-24-2018, 05:33 PM
i dont think i will ever be vegan

Sebastianus Rex
07-24-2018, 11:40 PM
i dont think i will ever be vegan

me neither, if I spend a couple of days without eating meat I start to feel dizzy and weak. :( Never tried tofu and all that artificial vegan crap that looks absolutely disgusting.

Rocinante
09-06-2018, 09:39 PM
My girlfriend and i became vegan since almost half a year. From my point of view, i feel better every day, knowing that i am not eating anything that meant killing a life and damaging the planet.

PT Tagus
03-23-2019, 09:29 PM
No, but I like vegetarian/vegan food.

Borealis
05-28-2019, 04:25 AM
If there was synthetic meat Id become one. I cannot live without it its been a huge part of my upbringing

PaleoEuropean
05-28-2019, 04:31 AM

http://www.peta.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/barneyduplessis.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESZIbWtCYxU

Thats because they subvert nature and take supplements and vitamins that probably came from animals xD.

Celestia
05-28-2019, 04:33 AM
I would like to become a vegan, it just seems rather expensive by time you buy all of these alternatives. Plus Houston doesn't offer very many vegan friendly restaurants.

Latinus
05-28-2019, 04:51 AM
No, sorry, I'll keep eating meat untill I pass away.

Enviado de meu SM-G610M usando o Tapatalk

billErobreren
05-28-2019, 04:54 AM
Left that behind, years ago. I was begining to look anemic and found out offal was more affordable than things like tofu.

Rćdwald
05-28-2019, 04:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CP1i0UKvb8

Checkmate vegans :coffee:

PaleoEuropean
05-28-2019, 05:03 AM
No, sorry, I'll keep eating meat untill I pass away.

Enviado de meu SM-G610M usando o Tapatalk

Made me want a hamburger

Alenka
07-21-2019, 11:14 PM
What if soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in Spanish?
:tongue

Truth Preacher
07-23-2019, 01:12 PM
Been vegetarian for 2 weeks before.

itilvolga
07-23-2019, 01:26 PM
https://photos.travelblog.org/Photos/85670/696367/f/6832467-A-little-Nenets-boy-eating-raw-meat-straight-from-a-reindeer-carcass-Nadym-Region-Siberia-0.jpg
https://photos.travelblog.org/Photos/85670/696367/f/6832474-A-Nenets-boy-eating-raw-meat-from-a-reindeer-carcass-Nadym-Region-Siberia-0.jpg

rajputprincess
07-25-2019, 11:48 AM
I don't any kind of meat but i eat eggs sometimes and also honey dairy based product

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Vessna
10-30-2023, 02:59 AM
I was a strict vegan for about 3 years and a vegetarian for about 12. I am still primarily vegetarian but eat pescatarian meals from time to time.