PDA

View Full Version : World War II justified by former German soldiers

RN97
11-02-2016, 06:16 PM
What do you think about this?
They fought bravely while being outnumbered, why don't they deserve respect? Why should they be looked upon as evil when they had nothing to do with Hitler's plans? The soviets and Americans committed plenty of war crimes themselves.

https://youtu.be/LQdDnbXXn20

RN97
11-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Wrong section, sorry.
If any mod could move it, I'd appreciate it.

BeerBaron
11-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Should listen to these old guys, there is never really a good and evil in war, and they are right about the Russians spreading Bolshevism and rape.

The German military was highly professional, a lot of the stories of things they did are more than likely made up. Like the old guy said "is there any evidence" and "war has its own laws"

Gen. Patton wrote a lot about the Germans, he admired them, they were highly professional and very fierce troops. He HATED the Russians, thought they were unprofessional, rabid pigs.

Grishnack
11-02-2016, 06:48 PM
For them it was fighting for a worthy cause. For a lot others, they were rapists and barbarians. As long as they didn't participate in mass murders and other despicable things they have the right to believe that they fought for a better world. I wouldn't call it a brainwash that lasted a great number of years, but I would call it a way of coping. It's healthy for their mental health. The war wasn't their fault, their youth was also destroyed by the war, not just that of the soldiers who fought against them. They deserve our respect not for what their army has done, but for the fact that they were willing to fight in what they believed to be a just cause.