PDA

View Full Version : People from Andorra. Where do they fit better: France or Italy?

Deneb
11-12-2016, 08:46 AM
They are the mayor and councillors of Andorra la Vella (the capital of the Principality of Andorra).

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/921/E1SswF.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/plE1SswFj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/JmgMlI.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pnJmgMlIj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/921/cpLtvZ.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/plcpLtvZj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/68dMKk.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pm68dMKkj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/921/DyNbma.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/plDyNbmaj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/RrjlPs.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pmRrjlPsj)

MinervaItalica
11-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Central/South Italy + South of France.

alnortedelsur
11-12-2016, 03:02 PM
LOL, the question should be if they fit better in France or Spain. After all, Andorrans are a mix of ethnic French and ethnic Spaniards (in most cases Catalan Spaniards, I think). And Andorra is between France and Spain, while Italy is farther away.

Deneb
11-12-2016, 03:20 PM
LOL, the question should be if they fit better in France or Spain. After all, Andorrans are a mix of ethnic French and ethnic Spaniards (in most cases Catalan Spaniards, I think). And Andorra is between France and Spain, while Italy is farther away.

Then it would be too obvious. All people here would had answered Spain.

alnortedelsur
11-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Then it would be too obvious.

Then, you should have asked if they fit better in Southern France and Spain, or in Italy.

Deneb
11-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Then, you should have asked if they fit better in Southern France and Spain, or in Italy.

Too obvious again.

alnortedelsur
11-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Too obvious again.

France and Spain OR Italy.

Not France and Spain like separate options.

Deneb
11-12-2016, 03:41 PM
France and Spain OR Italy.

Not France and Spain like separate options.

Andorra is more Catalan than French, therefore more Iberian than French, a lot more, so my question makes sense.

Hithaeglir
11-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Italy.

Sikeliot
11-12-2016, 03:45 PM
France of course. What do Andorrans have to do with Italy? Dumb question.

mikeyup
11-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Central/South Italy + South of France.

No North Italy?

Deneb
11-12-2016, 03:52 PM

Do you really think they pass better in Northern France than in Northern Italy? I seriously doubt it.

MinervaItalica
11-12-2016, 03:52 PM
No North Italy?

Probably, but not all of them, plus depend which part of North Italy. Piedmont or areas who have Occitan culture yes. I exclude Trentino/Alto Adige or Friuli or the border between Switzerland and Lombardy.

barkoo
11-12-2016, 03:55 PM

Once again you're totally irrevelant and ridiculous, you do know nothing about French, (and Italians too) so please, SYM.
OT
Around 20/30% could pass as French, others 70 % clearly Italians.

Sikeliot
11-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Do you really think they pass better in Northern France than in Northern Italy? I seriously doubt it.

They pass better in southern France than in northern Italy, and equidistant between northern France and southern Italy.

Deneb
11-12-2016, 04:02 PM
They pass better in southern France than in northern Italy, and equidistant between northern France and southern Italy.

That's beyond the point. They look more med than Northern French. If I haven't revealed their nationality I'm pretty sure they would had been guessed Spanirds or Italians.

Sikeliot
11-12-2016, 04:03 PM
That's beyond the point. They look more med than Northern French. If I haven't revealed their nationality they would had been guessed Spanirds or Italians.

Maybe northern Italian but their features (not coloring) differ from southerners. They look more southern French (no one said anything about the north) but they are not Norid/Nordic enough for north Italy and not East Med enough for the south.

Deneb
11-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Maybe northern Italian but their features (not coloring) differ from southerners. They look more southern French (no one said anything about the north) but they are not Norid/Nordic enough for north Italy and not East Med enough for the south.

You have reached a dead end, because your personal wars with some Italian posters. You immagine South Italy as a Middle Eastern country and North Italy as a germanic state. You're totally wrong. All of your threads are the same.

Sikeliot
11-12-2016, 04:12 PM
You have reached a dead end, because your personal wars with some Italian posters. You immagine South Italy as a Middle Eastern country and North Italy as a germanic state. You're totally wrong. All of your threads are the same.

Ok? This is irrelevant to this thread, I am answering your question.

With that said, I didn't say that. I said the Andorrans do not have enough Norid type looks (or Dinarid) to look more northern Italian than southern French, while southern Italians have more Eats Med affinity, being genetically intermediate between Greece and Cyprus (like Crete).

RighNick
11-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Are they all ethnic Catalans originally from Andorra?

Just wondering because I'm pretty sure the majority of people who live there are recent immigrants from France, Spain and Portugal.

Deneb
11-12-2016, 04:15 PM

Just wondering because I'm pretty sure the majority of people who live there are recent immigrants from France, Spain and Portugal.

That's true, especially from Portugal. Who knows? But none of them have a Portuguese surname.

alnortedelsur
11-12-2016, 04:19 PM

I haven't been to Andorra, but I did read that they're a mix of ethnic French and ethnic Spaniards (in most cases Catalonian Spaniards, I think).

There are many Andorrans who are either one thing or the other, and many other Andorrans who are a mix of both.

Deneb
11-12-2016, 04:21 PM
I haven't been to Andorra, but I did read that they're a mix of ethnic French and ethnic Spaniards (in most cases Catalonian Spaniards, I think).

There are many Andorrans who are either one thing or the other, and many other Andorrans who are a mix of both.

More Catalan than French, by far. French influence in Andorra is exaggerated. In fact none of those councillors have a French surname. All of them have Catalan or Castilian surnames.

Bagot
11-12-2016, 05:12 PM
They clearly look more Southern European than average French.

Weren't French Germanic-Celtic-xxx? ;)

Deneb
11-12-2016, 05:47 PM
They clearly look more Southern European than average French.

Weren't French Germanic-Celtic-xxx? ;)

They are ethnically Catalans. They can pass as a group in SW France I think.

DonnieDarko
11-13-2016, 06:43 PM
2-3 of them looks Jewish

As jewish looking as almost screams it:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/921/cpLtvZ.jpg

also on the left:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/JmgMlI.jpg

Sebastianus Rex
11-13-2016, 06:57 PM
France, it's a bordering region, people look more or less the same in the Pirinees region, people who have been there - like me - actually know this. Dominance of Atlanto types and Baskid mixed with Med and Berid influence. Not enough Alpine and Dinaric influence to pass as well in Italy (regardless of the region).

Sikeliot
11-13-2016, 07:13 PM
France, it's a bordering region, people look more or less the same in the Pirinees region, people who have been there - like me - actually know this. Dominance of Atlanto types and Baskid mixed with Med and Berid influence. Not enough Alpine and Dinaric influence to pass as well in Italy (regardless of the region).

Agree.

crazyladybutterfly
11-13-2016, 07:16 PM

im sure they cant pass in northern france lol
but they all pass in italy (i dont know about northern italy but central and southern italy are guaranteed)

Sebastianus Rex
11-13-2016, 08:00 PM
im sure they cant pass in northern france lol
but they all pass in italy (i dont know about northern italy but central and southern italy are guaranteed)

Have you ever been to northern France ?

Regardless that, one thing is to "pass" another is to converge completely with the phenotypes of another area and those Andorrans converge completely with neighbouring French populations while they do not with Italians regardless of the region.

Deneb
11-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Have you ever been to northern France ?

Regardless that, one thing is to "pass" another is to converge completely with the phenotypes of another area and those Andorrans converge completely with neighbouring French populations while they do not with Italians regardless of the region.

But pigmentation is more important than facial features, especially when the phenotypes are close. As a group, they would be guessed Spaniards or Italians. Prove of this is that I put their pics in Anthroscape, and the answers were, as expected, Spaniards and Italians.

Sikeliot
11-13-2016, 08:10 PM
But pigmentation is more important than facial features, especially when the phenotypes are close. As a group, they would be guessed Spaniards or Italians. Prove of this is that I put their pics in Anthroscape, and the answers were, as expected, Spaniards and Italians.

But anyone who is truly familiar with Italian phenotypes would know that as a group, they do not quite match anywhere.

Deneb
11-13-2016, 08:15 PM
But anyone who is truly familiar with Italian phenotypes would know that as a group, they do not quite match anywhere.

Don't misunderstand me, they would probably pass better in France than in Italy, if only Roussillon or Aquitaine were a country, but they are too mediterranean for central and northern France.

Sikeliot
11-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Don't misunderstand me, they would probably pass better in SW France than in Italy, if only Rousillon was a country, but they are a bit med for central and northern France.

Ok but what you are not seeing is that they lack other elements present in Italy that are just as noticeable as the lack of Med in northern France.

Sebastianus Rex
11-13-2016, 08:21 PM

Alot of rubbish is posted everyday on anthroforums, i wouldn't guess them as Italian before French for sure. In almost all Italian group samples there's a noticeable Dinaroid tendency that is absent on that set.

Ouistreham
11-13-2016, 08:23 PM
I've been in Andorra. I expected to find some French influence. I was disappointed.
Andorra is 99.99% Catalan / Spanish Catalan.
And those people look so much quintessentially Spanish that the question (French or Italian?) doesn't make any sense.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
11-13-2016, 08:28 PM
All of them could pass in both countries to be honest, but I go by the logic of "who is the next neighbor", which happens to be France.

Deneb
11-13-2016, 08:47 PM
All of them could pass in both countries to be honest, but I go by the logic of "who is the next neighbor", which happens to be France.

That logic is risky. Andalusia is closer to Morocco than Italy, by far.

alnortedelsur
11-13-2016, 09:36 PM
That logic is risky. Andalusia is closer to Morocco than Italy, by far.

WTF do you mean?? The Gibraltar strait has always been a big genetic barrier through all history. Andalusians (not talking about gypsy mixed people) are way closer in looks, and in genetics, to Italians, or to any other Europeans than to Moroccans. Cut already with your shit!

Deneb
11-13-2016, 09:39 PM
WTF do you mean?? The Gibraltar strait has always been a big genetic barrier through all history. Andalusians (not talking about gypsy mixed people) are way closer in looks, and in genetics, to Italians, or to any other Europeans than to Moroccans. Cut already with your shit!

Yeah, but Andalusia is closer to Morocco than Italy, Sicily is closer to Tunisia than Spain, period. Don't be so melodramatic, I'm talking about Geography.

Aëlwenn
11-13-2016, 09:46 PM
They can pass in south western France.
Some can pass in other french area.
But generally speaking, too much med for Northern France.

Dick
11-13-2016, 09:47 PM
NEVER HEARD OF THE PLACE BEFORE

alnortedelsur
11-13-2016, 09:48 PM

Is a very small country located in the Pyrenees. Between France and Spain.

Dick
11-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Is a very small country located in the Pyrenees. Between France and Spain.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/b6a6b737f4f52efe9230b3f8e67dda04/tumblr_no7e9c1HQt1uu3y9uo1_500.gif

Deneb
11-13-2016, 09:49 PM

It's a tiny state, as San Marino or Monaco. It used to be a fiscal paradise with a high standard of living. Now tourism is the main source of wealth.

alnortedelsur
11-13-2016, 09:51 PM
https://67.media.tumblr.com/b6a6b737f4f52efe9230b3f8e67dda04/tumblr_no7e9c1HQt1uu3y9uo1_500.gif

Enflamme
11-13-2016, 10:21 PM
France because >>> Mediterraneans exist in France. Wake up dude. Mediterranean doesn't necessarily mean that one is Spanish or Italian. There are native Mediterranean people from France, England and Eastern Europe, South-East and so on.

Deneb
11-13-2016, 10:23 PM
France because >>> Mediterraneans exist in France. Wake up dude. Mediterranean doesn't necessarily mean that one is Spanish or Italian. There are native Mediterranean people from France, England and Eastern Europe, South-East and so on.

Yeah, but Italy is more mediterranean than France, by far, and you know it.

Enflamme
11-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Yeah, but Italy is more mediterranean than France, by far, and you know it.

Mediterranean does not mean Italy or Spain.

I just said: Mediterranean exists all over Europe and brown pigmentation exists throughout Europe: North, Central, Western, Southern.

It's like saying that Sean Connery is Mediterranean because he has a brown pigmentation: no sense.

Their facial features are all Western Europeans.

Wake up dude!

Oddone
11-14-2016, 03:45 AM
You all seem pretty crazy.

Tooting Carmen
11-14-2016, 03:46 PM
They look too distinctly Iberian to pass that well in either of those options.

Bagot
11-14-2016, 04:39 PM
the border between Switzerland and Lombardy.

The border between Switzerland and Lombardy is "Italian" in both sides.

Lluna Plena
11-14-2016, 05:44 PM
Andorra, officially the Principality of Andorra (Catalan: Principat d'Andorra), also called the Principality of the Valleys of Andorra[5] (Catalan: Principat de les Valls d'Andorra), is a sovereign landlocked microstate in Southwestern Europe, located in the eastern Pyrenees mountains and bordered by Spain and France. Created under a charter in 988, the present principality was formed in 1278. It is known as a principality as it is a monarchy headed by two Co-Princes – the Roman Catholic Bishop of Urgell in Spain, and the President of France.
Andorra is the sixth-smallest nation in Europe, having an area of 468 km2 (181 sq mi) and a population of approximately 85,000. Its capital Andorra la Vella is the highest capital city in Europe, at an elevation of 1,023 metres (3,356 ft) above sea level. The official language is Catalan, although Spanish, Portuguese, and French are also commonly spoken.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andorra

MinervaItalica
11-14-2016, 08:09 PM
The border between Switzerland and Lombardy is "Italian" in both sides.

True and they are much more of Central European vibe so i confirm that among my excluded regions. Op pics look typical Med.

barkoo
11-15-2016, 05:21 PM
For everybody's information, France is not Midi-Pyrénées nor Lanquedoc-Roussillon. I doubt anyone ever came in France or/and knowing something about that country in here.

By logical analogy, we couldn't even compare Italy to France because Italy's North latitude almost start at Mediterranean sea level (like Southern France actually).
Once more, only 3 or 4 could pass in the WHOLE country, others would as exotic ones (Southerners), main types here are Meds which is the total opposite of French core composite population what is about to be a Celtic/Germanic combo.

Med French ppl are mostly concentrated from Bordeaux to Menton's area to recap shortly, and even as a group OP ppl would barely pass in Midi-Pyrénées or Languedoc-Roussillon.
France is not a Med country, move on.

Karlangas
11-15-2016, 06:20 PM
They are more light than Spanish average in fact they are Catalan. So French and Italian can work the two.

alnortedelsur
11-16-2016, 12:18 AM
They are more light than Spanish average in fact they are Catalan. So French and Italian can work the two.

Catalans are not lighter than other Spaniards, and Italians are not lighter than Spaniards. Cut with your shit.

aherne
11-16-2016, 04:03 AM
They don't look French, but Spanish (esp. Catalan). Between French and Italian, I'd definitely choose Italian...

Karlangas
11-16-2016, 12:10 PM
Catalans are not lighter than other Spaniards, and Italians are not lighter than Spaniards. Cut with your shit.
Yes they are, yes they are... jajaja "Amerindian"...

alnortedelsur
11-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Yes they are, yes they are... jajaja "Amerindian"...

I'm going to say this one more time:

Catalans are more or less on par, pigmentation-wise, with other northern Spaniards, and are NOT significantly lighter, on average, than other Spaniards, NOPE :no000000:

And Italians are NO WAY lighter, on average, than Spaniards, NOPE :no:

I'm giving you a favor trying to Educate you. But keep in mind that I won't be here educating you forever. Next time I'm gonna have to charge you for this.

As homework, write the above two sentences in blue at least 500 times, so that your dumb head finally gets it.

Kenshiro
03-14-2022, 11:28 AM
For everybody's information, France is not Midi-Pyrénées nor Lanquedoc-Roussillon. I doubt anyone ever came in France or/and knowing something about that country in here.

By logical analogy, we couldn't even compare Italy to France because Italy's North latitude almost start at Mediterranean sea level (like Southern France actually).
Once more, only 3 or 4 could pass in the WHOLE country, others would as exotic ones (Southerners), main types here are Meds which is the total opposite of French core composite population what is about to be a Celtic/Germanic combo.

Med French ppl are mostly concentrated from Bordeaux to Menton's area to recap shortly, and even as a group OP ppl would barely pass in Midi-Pyrénées or Languedoc-Roussillon.
France is not a Med country, move on.

I think western France is more Celtic than Germanic, therefore more Atlantic typology, in hindsight Western Europe follows a fairly linear geographic-ethnic continnum (Greece included) probably with an Alpine predominance in southeastern France

Xacal
03-14-2022, 01:22 PM
Northern Itlay, Southern France

axel.aleman
03-14-2022, 03:59 PM
Spain, Italy, France

guyinsf
03-16-2022, 01:22 AM
I would say they fit better in Italy because if I didn't know where they were from I would have guessed Spain or Portugal first then Italy.

Cristiano viejo
03-16-2022, 01:41 AM
Andorrans are ethnic Spaniards, not French at all.