PDA

View Full Version : Britain's Muslim Population hits 2.4 Million

Æmeric
01-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Muslim population 'rising 10 times faster than rest of society'

The Muslim population in Britain has grown by more than 500,000 to 2.4 million in just four years, according to official research collated for The Times.

The population multiplied 10 times faster than the rest of society, the research by the Office for National Statistics reveals. In the same period the number of Christians in the country fell by more than 2 million.

Experts said that the increase was attributable to immigration, a higher birthrate and conversions to Islam during the period of 2004-2008, when the data was gathered. They said that it also suggested a growing willingness among believers to describe themselves as Muslims because the western reaction to war and terrorism had strengthened their sense of identity.

Muslim leaders have welcomed the growing population of their communities as academics highlighted the implications for British society, integration and government resources.

David Coleman, Professor of Demography at Oxford University, said: “The implications are very substantial. Some of the Muslim population, by no means all of them, are the least socially and economically integrated of any in the United Kingdom ... and the one most associated with political dissatisfaction. You can't assume that just because the numbers are increasing that all will increase, but it will be one of several reasonable suppositions that might arise.”

Professor Coleman said that Muslims would naturally reap collective benefits from the increase in population. “In the growth of any population ... [its] voice is regarded as being stronger in terms of formulating policy, not least because we live in a democracy where most people in most religious groups and most racial groups have votes. That necessarily means their opinions have to be taken and attention to be paid to them.”

There are more than 42.6 million Christians in Britain, according to the Office for National Statistics, whose figures were obtained through the quarterly Labour Force Survey of around 53,000 homes. But while the biggest Christian population is among over-70s bracket, for Muslims it is the under-4s.

Ceri Peach, Professor of Social Geography at Manchester University, said that the rapid growth of the Muslim population posed challenges for society. “The groups with the strongest belief in the family and cohesion are those such as the Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. They have got extremely strong family values but it goes together with the sort of honour society and other kinds of attributes which people object to,” he said. “So you are dealing with a pretty complex situation.”

Professor Peach said that the high number of Muslims under the age of 4 — 301,000 as of September last year — would benefit Britain's future labour market through taxes that would subsequently contribute to sustaining the country's ageing population. He added, though, that it would also put pressure on housing and create a growing demand for schools. “I think housing has traditionally been a difficulty because the country is simultaneously short of labour and short of housing. So if you get people to fill vacancies in your labour force you also need to find places for them to live,” he said.

Muhammad Abdul Bari, general secretary of the Muslim Council of Britain, predicted that the number of mosques in Britain would multiply from the present 1,600 in line with the rising Islamic population. He said the greater platform that Muslims would command in the future should not be perceived as a threat to the rest of society.

“We each have our own set of beliefs. This should really be a source of celebration rather than fear as long as we all clearly understand that we must abide by the laws of this country regardless of the faith we belong to,” he said.

The Cohesion Minister, Sadiq Khan, told The Times: “We in central Government and local authorities need to continue our work to ensure that our communities are as integrated and cohesive as possible.”

Growing numbers

The total number of Muslims in Great Britain:

2004: 1,087,000

2005: 2,017,000

2006: 2,142,000

2007: 2,327,000

2008: 2,422,000

Source (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5621482.ece)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00478/table_478352a.jpg

I don't think the Muslim population in Britain doubled between 2004 & 2005 the bureaucrats making the estimates must have changed their methodology in making estimates.

Treffie
01-31-2009, 02:12 AM
This is shocking

The Cohesion Minister, Sadiq Khan, told The Times: “We in central Government and local authorities need to continue our work to ensure that our communities are as integrated and cohesive as possible.”

Yeah right Mr Khan.:mad:

Lenny
01-31-2009, 05:36 AM
{from the table attached}
Residents of Britain under age 16:
- 790,000 Muslims
- 11.1 million total

So, 7.1% of school-age kids in Britain are Muslim. For the youngest cohort (0-5) it is 8.4%!

The more interesting statistic would be the total number of "unassimilable ethnocultural aliens" vs. white-British [and assimilable stock], of that same 0-15 aged population. In the USA the 0-15 bracket is very near to hitting the "50.1% nonwhite" mark, if it hasn't already. The 2010 Census will likely find that it has.

I also wonder what percentage of the adult Muslims are white-British "converts" like this clown (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article708687.ece).

Angharad
01-31-2009, 07:11 AM
^It's the opposite where I am. The percentage of caucasian children in the school system here is about 8%. Of course, that 8% includes middle eastern people here.

Beorn
01-31-2009, 01:11 PM
But while the biggest Christian population is among over-70s bracket, for Muslims it is the under-4s...

...Professor Peach said that the high number of Muslims under the age of 4 — 301,000 as of September last year — would benefit Britain's future labour market through taxes that would subsequently contribute to sustaining the country's ageing population.

It's good to know that the dramatic change for the demographics of England is measured by cold hard cash.

I would like to demolish the houses of finance and see them justify cultural and genetic genocide then!

Pino
01-31-2009, 01:56 PM
And another 2.4 million awaiting response on asylum applications probably.

If people haven't started fighting this system with no apology or mercy within the next 10 years then we are going to past the point of no return I'm afraid.

5 years ago you didn't see one Muslim in my area, now they are in the process of having an old mansion converted into a mosque or "islamic centre of merseyside"

Beorn
01-31-2009, 02:02 PM
If people haven't started fighting this system with no apology or mercy within the next 10 years then we are going to past the point of no return I'm afraid.

Never give up, friend. :)

If by ten years the situation has not changed through the process of political achievement, the mask of civility and reasoning will slip and the process will simply resort to another, more efficient, way.

Treffie
01-31-2009, 02:15 PM
^Yup, I tend to agree with you there. For the time being though I feel quite cosseted here in Wales, there are no huge conurbations here so I've got my fingers crossed that we won't see any overspill.

Beorn
01-31-2009, 02:26 PM
^Yup, I tend to agree with you there. For the time being though I feel quite cosseted here in Wales, there are no huge conurbations here so I've got my fingers crossed that we won't see any overspill.

But I warn ye, me dear felly, that if thee see the dark hordes muster yonder the valley hills; all hope is lost.

RUN TO THE SEA!!!

stormlord
01-31-2009, 06:55 PM
II. Muslims Rejected

Or will the door be shut in their face? American columnist Ralph Peters dismisses the first scenario: "Far from enjoying the prospect of taking over Europe by having babies, Europe's Muslims are living on borrowed time. … predictions of a Muslim takeover of Europe … ignore history and Europe's ineradicable viciousness." Instead, depicting Europe as the place "that perfected genocide and ethnic cleansing," he predicts its Muslims "will be lucky just to be deported," and not killed. Claire Berlinski, in Menace in Europe: Why the Continent's Crisis Is America's, Too, implicitly agrees, pointing to the "ancient conflicts and patterns … now shambling out of the mists of European history" which could well trigger violence....

..."Somewhere between 2017 and 2030, during a period of heightened tension, Islamists in France, Holland or Britain will blow up one church, train or plane too many. Retaliation will begin and they, in turn will respond."

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/4323

People who are pessimistic about this sort of thing often forget who we are and what we're capable of; even when there is one Englishman for a hundred muslims, victory and freedom is still possible. In India 50,000 British soldiers and administrators ruled 500 million Indians for three hundred years.

Lenny
01-31-2009, 08:15 PM
People who are pessimistic about this sort of thing often forget who we are and what we're capable of; even when there is one Englishman for a hundred muslims, victory and freedom is still possible.
There was a series of essays by someone using the nom-de-plum "El Ingles" about this very subject, which -- though speculative -- make for intriguing reading.

Warning: These are all very long, though if any choose to read them I don't think you will regret it. Further Warning: As is often the case with [a certain subset of] British folks, he often needlessly uses very difficult language and very long sentences, so non-native/non-expert English-speakers may not want to bother.

"The Danish Civil War" (http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2007/11/danish-civil-war.html)
Follow-Up to 'Danish Civil War'; titled "Surrender, Genocide or what"? (http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2008/04/surrender-genocide-or-what.html)
Further update to the above ongoing discourse (http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2008/11/surrender-genocide-or-what-update.html)

Britain in 2022 (Best Case) (http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2008/07/crystal-ball-for-britain-part-1.html)
Britain in 2022 (Middle-of-the-road Case) (http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2008/07/crystal-ball-for-britain-part-2.html)
Britain in 2022 (Worst Case; "Muslim Autonomous Zone" in NorthEngland established) (http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2008/07/crystal-ball-for-britain-part-3.html)

Atlas
01-31-2009, 08:22 PM
I do not believe that the Muslim population in UK doubled in just one year.