PDA

View Full Version : "I wouldn't want the Western world to be directed by a black man

Aragorn
11-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Veteran Austrian television personality Klaus Emmerich has triggered a storm of criticism for his racist comments about Barack Obama, the US president-elect.

Klaus Emmerich has long been a figure in Austrian television news. His journalism career spans 61 years and includes a stint as a correspondent in Washington D.C. for ORF, Austria's public television station. He is something like the Wolf Blitzer of Austria.

Or, at least, he was. Now, the respected US expert has stained his own report card with a string of blatantly racist remarks regarding the election of Barack Obama in the US. Speaking on a talk show on the Austrian public channel ORF on Wednesday, he said: "I wouldn't want the Western world to be directed by a black man. When you say that is a racist remark: right, without a doubt."

Americans are "racists, now as before, and it must be going very badly for them that they so convincingly ... send a black man, and a black, very good-looking woman, into the White House," he said.

The Austrian broadcaster distanced itself from his views, saying it was against any form of discrimination. "We have never had any comments from Mr. Emmerich which would indicate he has such opinions," Pius Strobl, head of communications at the channel told SPIEGEL ONLINE.

Further reading:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,589035,00.html

Loki
11-07-2008, 09:42 PM
That man deserves an award for speaking common sense!

Vulpix
11-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I admire Emmerich for having the guts to publicly say this.

Vulpix
11-08-2008, 06:18 PM
From the Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1083907/New-Obama-race-row-Austrian-political-pundit-claims-black-people-uncivilised-rule.html):

Austria's official state broadcaster is refusing to sack a senior political commentator who said blacks were not civilised enough to rule.

[...]

Following his outburst, the moderator prevented Emmerich from speaking again.

But Emmerich took an even harder line in newspaper interviews later, calling Mr Obama's victory 'a highly disturbing development' because 'blacks are not as far advanced in the civilisation process nor in their political progress'.

He went on to tell Die Presse that Mr Obama has 'a devil-like talent to present his rhetoric so effectively'.

Thordis
11-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I can't remember now on which news channel random voters were interviewed, and this black woman stated that she felt an immense sense of pride that an African-American was candidate for presidency and that her 18 year old son had the opportunity to cast his first vote to an African-American. If refusing to be ruled by someone who isn't your kind qualifies as racism, then so does wanting to be ruled by your own kind, which is basically the same thing. Yet the blacks who supported Obama and who are proud that they have an "African-American" president now aren't slammed for it. Emmerich is being slammed for his remark simply because it is about a colored man, if it were viceversa I doubt such a drama would be made about it. I'm not surprised that ORF is being urged not to give him a platform again, nor that it comes from the Greens of all. But at least Emmerich stood by his words and didn't rush to plant an apology like this German politician who got slammed for a "pogrom" comment (http://www.thelocal.de/national/20081108-15395.html).

The Dragonslayer
11-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I never knew who Klaus Emmerich was before this, but I have the deepest respect for him now. He's speaking the truth. How in the world people could want a black man to be at the forefront of Western Civilization I have no clue!?! Look at what they've done in Africa. It's hard to name many successful countries there.

Vulpix
11-12-2008, 05:43 PM
The (few) vaguely successful countries in Africa owe(d) their success to whites! :coffee: Just look at what happened to former Rhodesia, now known as Zimbabwe, for an example of what happens when you hand over a country to black rule!...

Look at what they've done in Africa. It's hard to name many successful countries there.

Teuton
11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
The (few) vaguely successful countries in Africa owe(d) their success to whites! :coffee: Just look at what happened to former Rhodesia, now known as Zimbabwe, for an example of what happens when you hand over a country to black rule!...

South Africa will become a prime example soon as well...

I must admit I knew very little about Klaus Emmerich before this incident, though I really have respect for him now, it takes a lot to stand against the world like that.

The Dragonslayer
11-12-2008, 07:23 PM

I totally agree. I think this is true for any of those countries having any measure of success. The whites got thrown out of power or gave it up, then the whole continent went kaput.