PDA

View Full Version : Why we still need feminism.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 03:36 PM
https://www.bustle.com/articles/112596-5-reasons-we-still-need-feminism

1. Because Gender Inequality Is Literally Bad For Women's Health

"Women are twice as likely to suffer from anxiety and depression than men — and while this is partly the fault of biology, the societal pressures women face because of sexism and gender inequality are also a huge contributor to this awful statistic. Furthermore, since poor mental health often leads to physical health problems such as diabetes, COPD, and heart disease, it's undeniable that feminism is still relevant and necessary to our society — not just for the advancement of women's rights, but for the overall state of women's health and well-being."

2. Because We Deserve Equal Pay For Equal Work

"How can anyone argue that feminism is irrelevant when women in the U.S. make an average of 78 cents to their male coworker's dollar for doing the exact same job? And that pay gap gets even larger when you look at the salaries of women of color in this country. This state of affairs isn't just ridiculous — it's also unjust. Until the wage gap is closed (and even after that), we're going to need feminism — because I don't want my nieces (or yours) to work their butts off all through school and endure the misery that is post-grad job hunting, just so they can spend decades being paid less than their male coworkers for the same damned job."

3. Because Reproductive Rights Are At Stake

"The recent war on women's reproductive rights — which includes the financial attacks on Planned Parenthood that led the House of Representatives to pass a bill attempting to freeze funding for the non-profit, as well as the extreme difficulties that many women still must cope with just to obtain birth control — may be the biggest reason yet that we still need feminism.

It is not OK that women have to jump through so many hoops to exercise their reproductive rights that the simple act of trying to get birth control pills can make women feel like they're embarking on an ancient mythological quest."

4. Because Our Culture Hasn't Stopped Excusing Rape

"There is no excuse for rape. Ever. But we live in a rape culture where women are incessantly slut-shamed and frequently held responsible for their own rapes — or at the very least asked what they were doing/wearing/saying to provoke their attackers. The unacceptable practice of victim blaming remains common, even in an age when we are told feminism's work is complete — we're often encouraged to feel pity for a man accused of rape rather than demand justice for the victim.

And instead of making sure our young men truly understand what does and doesn't qualify as sexual consent, we more often tell our young women to not dress in revealing clothes, flirt too much, drink too much or go out alone at night. This kind of advice is not only victim-blaming — it won't actually keep anyone safe from sexual assault. Until women are no longer held even partially responsible for the actions of violent men, we will still need feminism."

5. Because Women & Girls In Developing Nations Are At An Extreme Disadvantage

"Even though we clearly still need feminism, it's easy for some Westerners to say that the movement has achieved all its goals — because they fail to see the troubling bigger global picture of women's rights. But it's impossible to pretend that the state of women's rights in many developing nations is anything but dire.

According to the United Nations Population Fund, an organization which works to protect reproductive rights and support equality in developing countries, women comprise two thirds of all illiterate adults worldwide, as well as 60 percent of the world's poorest people. Education is a fundamental human right — and pretty essential to building a good life, too — but many non-Western women and girls (like Malala Yousafzai) have had to literally risk their lives in order to get it. And this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to things that women the world over must struggle with, simply because they were born women.

So until women everywhere are granted equal political, economic and social rights, feminism should have a place and purpose in all of our lives."

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
11-21-2016, 03:39 PM
You should focus on number 5.

Also, pay gap has been dismissed like 10000 times now.

GoneWithTheWind
Theyre not at a disadvantage. They have more advantage just for having a pussy between their legs

Bezprym
Nice bullshit.

Hoxhaism
Theyre not at disadvantage. They have more advantage just for having a pusdy between their legs

Shut the fuck up, you know nothing.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 03:42 PM
You should focus on number 5.

Also, pay gap has been dismissed like 10000 times now.

Did i say i wasn't focusing on number five? No.

That still, however, doesn't make the rest irrelevant.

11-21-2016, 03:42 PM

Everybody thinks they have it worse than everybody else.

Women feel like they have it worse and the world is against them, and so do men.

11-21-2016, 03:43 PM
Did i say i wasn't focusing on number five? No.

That still, however, doesn't make the rest irrelevant.

It makes them less important though. The rest is mostly made up anyway.

GoneWithTheWind
11-21-2016, 03:43 PM

COOL STORY. Women are worshipped for their pussies. They can land jobs they dont even qualify for just for having a pussy between their legs. You see women get payed good for the most stupid fucking useless jobs

11-21-2016, 03:44 PM
The fact is women's rights in 'developing nations' makes the problems here seem like nothing. It's really not comparable.

11-21-2016, 03:44 PM
COOL STORY. Women are worshipped for their pussies. They can land jobs they dont even qualify for just for having a pussy between their legs. You see women get payed good for the most stupid fucking useless jobs

You both don't factor in the other side.

Both sides feel like shit.

We should all just get along but instead we are divided on stupid things like this.

Grenzland
11-21-2016, 03:45 PM
The source uses animated pictures because otherwise the readers wouldn't be able to read those 10 sentences.
No sources, just complains like usual.

On the other side this will get the attention of some wannabe women-haters and only online masculine guys too.

Those two groups deserve each other.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 03:45 PM
Everybody thinks they have it worse than everybody else.

Women feel like they have it worse and the world is against them, and so do men.

But women in many ways are at a disadvantage to men.
Men have a right to complain about some things i'll admit, but that doesn't mean feminism is irrelevant.
It will never be irrelevant to me until developing countries get equal rights, until women aren't told to have to take extra carefulness going out in comparison to men and so on.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 03:46 PM

You, are an idiot.
Did you just decide to overlook the fact that people are being payed more simply because they have dicks?

11-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Men have a right to complain about some things i'll admit, but that doesn't mean feminism is irrelevant.
It will never be irrelevant to me until developing countries get equal rights, until women aren't told to have to take extra carefulness going out in comparison to men and so on.

Well you'll never have a society where some men don't say some shit about women. Okay? Unless you want to ban some words, but how are you going to enforce that?

In every way POSSIBLE we've achieved equal rights. We've gone as far as we can. I agree some of it *could* be reversed and we have to stay vigilant but at this point, we're really about as equal as we can possibly be (in fact women probably even have a slight edge thanks to affirmative action) if you took that away we'd be 100% equal.

KMack
11-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Third and Fourth wave feminism is a cancer. I can't wait until WWlll. Women will be drafted just like Men and you will die in some chithole somewhere. Meanwhile I will be at place in Punta Cana with an awesome girl. In the USA It is utter BS that women don't have to sign up for selective service registration, and men do. Women who live in a first world country have no idea how good they have it.

Ultra
11-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Since there are still white people and countries with white majority populations on this planet it is clearly needed.

11-21-2016, 03:51 PM
Third and Fourth wave feminism is a cancer. I can't wait until WWlll. Women will be drafted just like Men and you will die in some chithole somewhere. Meanwhile I will be at place in Punta Cana with an awesome girl. In the USA It is utter BS that women don't have to sign up for selective service registration, and men do. Women who live in a first world country have no idea how good they have it.

Yeah, I forgot that women can avoid the draft and men can not.

Take THAT away and take away affirmative action, THEN we'd be 100% equal.

Bezprym
11-21-2016, 03:52 PM

While in other ways men are at a disadvantage to women.

The points which you mentioned are ridicilous, especially first one. Bad for women's health, yet women live longer. Dealing with such statements is worse for men's health, maybe that's why we finish in a coffin earlier.

It will never be irrelevant to me until developing countries get equal rights,

There are equal rights.

until women aren't told to have to take extra carefulness going out in comparison to men and so on.

You do not have to be careful, no one forces you.

GoneWithTheWind
You both don't factor in the other side.

Both sides feel like shit.

We should all just get along but instead we are divided on stupid things like this.

I dont hate women. Neither do I feel men are at a disadvantage. But the pussy is worshipped. Women can get to power by using their pussy. They can use seduction to get to power. Its the power of the pussy. Its the money and pussy that controls men. Women are at a advantage in western society.

Women are at disadvantage in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan where men enjoy fucking eachother and also ocassionally fucking goats

KMack
Since there are still white people and countries with white majority populations on this planet it is clearly needed.

There are the people that have overwhelmingly supported women's rights WTF are you talking about.

11-21-2016, 03:53 PM

Actually if it weren't for white people you really wouldn't have Feminism. It's a white creation that can only be found really in white-majority countries. The rest of the world women are still treated lesser. Be it East-Asians, Middle Easterners, Africans, they all treat women lesser. Mostly White societies are the farthest we've come with women's rights.

Hoxhaism
Well you'll never have a society where some men don't say some shit about women. Okay? Unless you want to ban some words, but how are you going to enforce that?

That wasn't my point.
My point was, we are not fully equal.
Why do women have higher chances of being assaulted? We are told to dress a certain way, act a certain way and not to stay out to long to avoid this.
People are also constantly vandalising Planned Parenthood, because of their religious beliefs and them shoving it down other people who needs this organisations throat, an organisation which has helped thousands.

Also, i'm all about number 5.
I believe that is the first step we have to take, to bring equality to developing places, and then we will sort out the fucked up things in our society.

War Chef
you're walking down a long dark road sister
this negative stuff is not something you want to dwell on

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 03:54 PM

:picard1:

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 03:54 PM

What?

GoneWithTheWind
11-21-2016, 04:00 PM
That wasn't my point.
Why do women have higher chances of being assaulted? We are told to dress a certain way, act a certain way and not to stay out to long to avoid this.
People are also constantly vandalising Planned Parenthood, because of their religious beliefs and them shoving it down other people who needs this organisations throat, an organisation which has helped thousands.

I believe that is the first step we have to take, to bring equality to developing places, and then we will sort out the fucked up things in our society.

Women can do whatever they want in western society.

They can accuse a man of rape and be believed.

They can divorce their husbands and get all their belongings. Bitches are at a advantage in western society. How can you deny this.

Those things you are mentioning apply for oriental cultures mostly

Hoxhaism
While in other ways men are at a disadvantage to women.

I also never denied that, in a previous post on this thread that is exactly what i wrote.

The points which you mentioned are ridicilous, especially first one. Bad for women's health, yet women live longer. Dealing with such statements is worse for men's health, maybe that's why we finish in a coffin earlier.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151001-why-women-live-longer-than-men

Also, this point was refering to mental health, which women are twice more prone to.

There are equal rights.

So, in Saudi Arabia women surely can drive a car? Leave their houses without a male? Be signed over to their husbands after marraige?

Note, "developing"

You do not have to be careful, no one forces you.

Yes, you do.
Women are far more likely to be assaulted.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence

That wasn't my point.

You don't get it, do you?

YOU CAN NOT LEGALLY CHANGE THE FACT THAT WOMEN HAVE A HIGHER CHANCE Of BEING ASSAULTED. Shitty statistic? Of course. I'm obviously not pleased to hear it as a woman. On the other hand, what are you going to do? Feminism relates to legal matters, making women equal in every POSSIBLE way. You can't get rid of those statistics unless you believe in some sort of magic.

Women are TOLD to dress a certain way..by who? Individuals. No one in real positions of power are saying this. How are you going to stop individuals from saying shit you don't like? You can't. It's impossible. You could try to ban some words but that can never be properly enforced. It's a pipe dream.

As for Planned Parenthood, I agree, that is why we have to be VIGILANT. It is possible women's rights could be reversed, there is always that possibility. I am arguing that they have full equal rights (and more) as of NOW.

Insuperable
11-21-2016, 04:03 PM
We need it so beta females can feel good.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:04 PM
They can accuse a man of rape and be believed.

Honestly i see this bs by anti feminists everywhere, source?
I don't agree with falsely accusing for rape obviously.

That doesn't mean we should ignore rape victims.

They can divorce their husbands and get all their belongings. Bitches are at a advantage in western society. How can you deny this.

Are you dumb or what? Men get half and women get the other half.
With prenups men get their things and women get their things.

Those things you are mentioning apply for priental cultures mostly

Bezprym
11-21-2016, 04:06 PM
So, in Saudi Arabia women surely can drive a car? Leave their houses without a male? Be signed over to their husbands after marraige?

Then go to Saudi Arabia and fight for women's rights there. You mention feminism in context of reality we live in, not of Saudi Arabia.

Yes, you do.
Women are far more likely to be assaulted.

No, I don't.
Mentioning rape to support feminism is the most retarded thing I could ever seen.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:06 PM
You don't get it, do you?

YOU CAN NOT LEGALLY CHANGE THE FACT THAT WOMEN HAVE A HIGHER CHANCE Of BEING ASSAULTED. Shitty statistic? Of course. I'm obviously not pleased to hear it as a woman. On the other hand, what are you going to do? Feminism relates to legal matters, making women equal in every POSSIBLE way. You can't get rid of those statistics unless you believe in some sort of magic.

Women are TOLD to dress a certain way..by who? Individuals. No one in real positions of power are saying this. How are you going to stop individuals from saying shit you don't like? You can't. It's impossible. You could try to ban some words but that can never be properly enforced. It's a pipe dream.

As for Planned Parenthood, I agree, that is why we have to be VIGILANT. It is possible women's rights could be reversed, there is always that possibility. I am arguing that they have full equal rights (and more) as of NOW.

Third wave Feminism isn't a political movement but a social one.

Obviously, we mostly have "equal rights" (unequal pay) but we need to do somehing about our society.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:08 PM
Then go to Saudi Arabia and fight for women's rights there. You mention feminism in context of reality we live in, not of Saudi Arabia.

Well as a woman in Saudi Arabia you're also prone to being stoned if your dissatisfied with their patriarchy laws.

Wouldn't be wise.

Annie999

Only good looking ones, and that only happens because men are in charge. Whoever denies men have priority over women in the job field is so insecurely beta they only deserve to marry a mail order bride.

Third wave Feminism isn't a political movement but a social one.

Obviously, we mostly have "equal rights" (unequal pay) but we need to do somehing about our society.

How are you going to do it?

You can't. Social movements are bullshit.

Also, you have equal pay :)

11-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Only good looking ones, and that only happens because men are in charge. Whoever denies men have priority over women in the job field is so insecurely beta they only deserve to marry a mail order bride.

Well it's simply false.

Women have what is called affirmative action programs in the US. That is how my mom got her job, for example.

Dandelion
11-21-2016, 04:10 PM

Male bodies can take the punishment of nightly shifts better (well it equally destroys them over the years, but males are more 'expendable') and we never get pregnant neither. In a way it's obvious many companies have this male bias for many functions.

Hoxhaism
Also, you have equal pay :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/no-the-gender-pay-gap-isnt-a-myth-and-heres-why_us_5703cb8de4b0a06d5806e03f

KMack

That isn't anywhere close to being true. In the USA individual states all have their own divorce laws. Men are also overwhelmingly screwed on child custody matters.

Bezprym
11-21-2016, 04:11 PM
Well as a woman in Saudi Arabia you're also prone to being stoned if your dissatisfied with their patriarchy laws.

Wouldn't be wise.

So how your Internet activity helps to improve Saudi women's situation? How your crusade in Europe helps women in Arabian peninsula?

GoneWithTheWind
11-21-2016, 04:12 PM

Why should it be shared when the house was originally the mans? There are women who marry men just to divorce them and take their belongings. + child support that is spent on shopping

Youre obviously unaware of the power the pussy has in todays society.

Women can pay with their pussy. They dont even have to be that attractive. You should try it sometime.

Yes, there are women who accuse men of false rape and get away with it

11-21-2016, 04:12 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/no-the-gender-pay-gap-isnt-a-myth-and-heres-why_us_5703cb8de4b0a06d5806e03f

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963

this is THE LAW.

If you break it, you're in trouble.

KMack
11-21-2016, 04:13 PM

far left organization. Why do people post links as though the writer is wizard of oz perfectly non biased person. If employers paid women less that men for the exact same job, men would be getting fired or not hired and replaced by women. It would cost the employer less.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:13 PM
So how your Internet activity helps to improve Saudi women's situation? How your crusade in Europe helps women in Arabian peninsula?

I'm not.
I never said i had the ability to improve Saudi arabia's situation.

I would love to spread awareness of feminism, and little steps like these go a long way.

Ultra
11-21-2016, 04:14 PM
There are the people that have overwhelmingly supported women's rights WTF are you talking about.

Actually if it weren't for white people you really wouldn't have Feminism. It's a white creation that can only be found really in white-majority countries. The rest of the world women are still treated lesser. Be it East-Asians, Middle Easterners, Africans, they all treat women lesser. Mostly White societies are the farthest we've come with women's rights.

What?
Either white people stop being feminist, or they keep being it and eventually die out with it. Brown people don't care and never will care about feminism.

Linebacker
11-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Im all for the equal rights of women and all but it would help if feminists had a better body image,would be a positive advertisement for the whole movement.

But instead you have some horrific things,overweight,with short hair painted in some abnormal color,excessive piercings,ghostly pale skin.You see a feminist rally walking past on the street and you think its the annual diabetes awereness convention

Unome
11-21-2016, 04:15 PM
Victim Ladder as of Nov. 2016:
(Modern Leftism-Liberalism)

Most Victimized

/\
|
|
Jews
|
|
Blacks
|
Homosexuals/Deviants
|
|
|
Females
|
|
Christians
|
Coloreds
|
|
Europeans
|
Whites (American Anglo-Saxons)
|
|
|
|
Males
|
|
Heterosexuals
|
\/

Least Victimized

11-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Either white people stop being feminist, or they keep being it and eventually die out with it. Brown people don't care and never will care about feminism.

Sounds like a stupid statement at first but actually true.

Non-white societies have never really had Feminism and it's looking like they never will. Europe's demographics are changing, too. Most Muslims in the UK and France have an unfavorable view of women's rights, for example (thank you Pew Research Center). So pretty soon we won't even have Feminism at all (because the countries that do have it are being replaced demographically by misogynists).

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Why should it be shared when the house was originally the mans? There are women who marry men just to divorce them and take their belongings. + child support that is spent on shopping

Well obviously the goddamn man uses his common sense and makes sure he doesn't marry a gold digger?

Youre obviously unaware of the power the pussy has in todays society.

Only if you are good looking.

Women can pay with their pussy. They dont even have to be that attractive. You should try it sometime.

Yes, there are women who accuse men of false rape and get away with it

source.

Bezprym
11-21-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm not.
I never said i had the ability to improve Saudi arabia's situation.

Then why have you mentioned Saudi Arabia?

I would love to spread awareness of feminism, and little steps like these go a long way.

I'm sure they won't bring the expected results, but rather opposite.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Then why have you mentioned Saudi Arabia?

Because you said we were equal, and i used saudi arabia as an example of a developing nation that lacks equality.

I'm sure they won't bring the expected results, but rather opposite.

Funny.

GoneWithTheWind
11-21-2016, 04:20 PM

They dont even have to be that good looking. Women cant do physical jobs as they are not as physically strong as men but they still land office jobs.

Complaining that men have an advantage is like complaining how nature has dealt the cards.

Should women be put into physical labor when they cant lift a object from the ground?

To do hard physical requiring jobs one needs physically strong people, ive seen women still get hired but then only to be transfered to an office job because they couldnt lift half of the things required.

Women are priotized a lot

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:22 PM
They dont even have to be that good looking. Women cant do physical jobs as they are not as physically strong as men but they still land office jobs.

Complaining that men have an advantage is like complaining how nature has dealt the cards.

Should women be put into physical labor when they cant lift a object from the ground?

To do hard physical requiring jobs one needs physically strong people, ive seen women still get hired but then only to be transfered to an office job because they couldnt lift half of the things required

THATS NOT THE POINT.
We want equal opportunities for women and men, and not to get dismissed by your gender if you are capable to do the work.

Bezprym
11-21-2016, 04:24 PM
Because you said we were equal, and i used saudi arabia as an example of a developing nation that lacks equality.

You complain on lack of equal rights in Europe, and present Saudi Arabia as an example?

Funny.

Not really. The way you spread the word is similar to the one chosen by Yehovah witnesses when they try to convert people.

Ultra
11-21-2016, 04:25 PM
THATS NOT THE POINT.
We want equal opportunities for women and men, and not to get dismissed by your gender if you are capable to do the work.
And you want to get wiped out and replaced by brown people. So this is basically an ideology for long-term suicide by you and your descendants. :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

Antimage
11-21-2016, 04:26 PM
1. Because Gender Inequality Is Literally Bad For Women's Health

"Women are twice as likely to suffer from anxiety and depression than men — and while this is partly the fault of biology, the societal pressures women face because of sexism and gender inequality are also a huge contributor to this awful statistic. Furthermore, since poor mental health often leads to physical health problems such as diabetes, COPD, and heart disease, it's undeniable that feminism is still relevant and necessary to our society — not just for the advancement of women's rights, but for the overall state of women's health and well-being.":picard1:Yet women live longer than men. Men also have higher suicide rates.

"How can anyone argue that feminism is irrelevant when women in the U.S. make an average of 78 cents to their male coworker's dollar for doing the exact same job? And that pay gap gets even larger when you look at the salaries of women of color in this country. This state of affairs isn't just ridiculous — it's also unjust. Until the wage gap is closed (and even after that), we're going to need feminism — because I don't want my nieces (or yours) to work their butts off all through school and endure the misery that is post-grad job hunting, just so they can spend decades being paid less than their male coworkers for the same damned job."

The gender pay gap is a myth how much your earn throughout your life is influenced by many factors such as hours worked, your job http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/08/gender_pay_gap_the_familiar_line_that_women_make_7 7_cents_to_every_man_s.html
There's no evidence that women gets paid less for the same job, it's a lie.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:27 PM
You complain on lack of equal rights in Europe, and present Saudi Arabia as an example?

No, i said the i care about feminism in developing nations, you quoted that said we were equal, i presented saudi arabia as a developing nation example.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:28 PM
And you want to get wiped out and replaced by brown people. So this is basically an ideology for long-term suicide by you and your descendants. :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

This thread has nothing to do with immigration.

KMack
11-21-2016, 04:28 PM

Could be wrong, but do you think she is or will get married and have children?

KMack
11-21-2016, 04:30 PM
No, i said the i care about feminism in developing nations, you quoted that said we were equal, i presented saudi arabia as a developing nation example.

SA is much more about sharia law rather than developing nation. Sharia Law muslim countries, regardless of how developed they are, the women do not have anything close to equal rights.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:30 PM
:picard1:Yet women live longer than men. Men also have higher suicide rates.

This is about mental health and not physical one.
Also, which has also been discussed in a previous thread, men are more likely to actually kill themselves an effective way while women go to ways whixh can have a chance of surviving (eg overdose).

The gender pay gap is a myth how much your earn throughout your life is influenced by many factors such as hours worked, your job http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/08/gender_pay_gap_the_familiar_line_that_women_make_7 7_cents_to_every_man_s.html
There's no evidence that women gets paid less for the same job, it's a lie.

So, your just going to tell me it's a lie?

11-21-2016, 04:31 PM

But Feminism has everything to do with Immigration.

Just curious, why are you not responding to my last posts? Was it too good of a trouncing? Pretty hard to refute the actual law of the land I guess.

Anyways, regarding immigration, Feminists have a choice to make. They can look at the actual statistics and decide that maybe it isn't such a good thing after all or they can go down the road to eternal Patriarchy (via mass Immigration from societies where the Patriarchy is still very well intact). IDK your own positions but it does need to be said.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:31 PM
SA is much more about sharia law rather than developing nation. Sharia Law muslim countries, regardless of how developed they are, the women do not have anything close to equal rights.

That's what i said.

Bezprym
11-21-2016, 04:32 PM

And you completely ignored the cultural aspect, putting "=" between Saudi Arabia and, let's say Poland. These countries have nothing in common.

Insuperable
11-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Women in the West who complain, complain and complain, in most cases about imaginery gender inequality are fugly, uncapable, boring beta females (kudos to few exceptions who just happen to be famous) uncapable of taking a charge in their life. Same as men, but men don't have their clubs as feminists do.

Ultra
Feminism leads to the same demise.

Could be wrong, but do you think she is or will get married and have children?
At best she will have like one kid? Doesn't really matter when every other Mohammed and Ahmad is getting 5 or 10. :laugh:

Hoxhaism
But Feminism has everything to do with Immigration.

Just curious, why are you not responding to my last posts? Was it too good of a trouncing? Pretty hard to refute the actual law of the land I guess.

Anyways, regarding immigration, Feminists have a choice to make. They can look at the actual statistics and decide that maybe it isn't such a good thing after all or they can go down the road to eternal Patriarchy (via mass Immigration from societies where the Patriarchy is still very well intact). IDK your own positions but it does need to be said.

I ignored your previous posts because i actually didn't see them, and now i have just seen it.
If it isn't emploers paying less, what is it? just curious.

Antimage
11-21-2016, 04:34 PM
This is about mental health and not physical one.
Yea,, and? IF men's mental Health is not good they are not so priviliged after all. Men live shorter because they do all the hardest,phsyically most demanding jobs like mining and constructions. Ofc you won't see any feminist whine about women not being well represented among miners and construction workers :lol:

So, your just going to tell me it's a lie?

Have you read the article ? You have no evidence you get paid less for the same job, yét you keep repeating it over and over again. The thing is 1. women and men don't work the same jobs
2. men worker longer than women

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:35 PM
Feminism leads to the same demise.

At best she will have like one kid? Doesn't really matter when every other Mohammed and Ahmad is getting 5 or 10. :laugh:

i'm not having any children, although my personal life choices aren't going to affect this thread.
Also, i still do not see the connection.

GoneWithTheWind
11-21-2016, 04:35 PM
THATS NOT THE POINT.

Women already have equality in the western world? They are allowed to have boyfriends and fuck around. They are worshipped for their pussy.

How can there be equality when men and women are so different? On average, men are physically stronger and are obviously suited for hard requiring physical jobs more than women. The latter is suited for an office job or kindergarden. But those jobs can even be done by men.

If men are at an advantage its because they have a physical advantage which nature dealt

11-21-2016, 04:36 PM
I ignored your previous posts because i actually didn't see them, and now i have just seen it.
If it isn't emploers paying less, what is it? just curious.

Well if employers are paying less then they should be arrested because the law of the land says they can not. This becomes an issue of actually enforcing the law.

Also, how can you actually change a society besides legally?

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:37 PM
Women already have equality in the western world?

How can there be equality when men and women are so different? On average, men are physically stronger and are obviously suited for hard requiring physical jobs more than women. The latter is suited for an office job or kindergarden. But those jobs can even be done by men.

If men are at an advantage its because they have a physical advantage which nature dealt

In the WESTERN WORLD.
Not, WORLD.

Therefore, feminism is still NEEDED.

morski
You are clinging to a dying ideology. The number of women who identify themselves as feminist is rapidly decreasing, and it's mostly because it's become nothing but a man-hating club. As others have already said, feminism achieved its goals a few decades ago, so stop pretending you are oppressed.

Hoxhaism
Well if employers are paying less then they should be arrested because the law of the land says they can not. This becomes an issue of actually enforcing the law.

Also, how can you actually change a society besides legally?

Honestly? No clue.
These are my beliefs.

11-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Yea,, and? IF men's mental Health they are not so priviled after all. Men live shorter because they do all the hardest,phsyically most demanding jobs like mining and constructions. Ofc you won't see any feminist whine about women not being well represented among miners and construction workers :lol:

Have you read the article ? You have no evidence you get paid less for the same job, yét you keep repeating it over and over again. The thing is 1. women and men don't work the same jobs
2. men worker longer than women

Yes, we already have 'equal pay for equal work'.

Women DO get paid less, but not for the same work. Which is a good thing.

Unome
11-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Modern Feminism is about raising female to a higher level of victim status so that women can enjoy more privileges from the liberal establishments.

In the modern world, being a 'victim' is seen as morally good and superior (even though in reality it is the opposite).

11-21-2016, 04:40 PM
Honestly? No clue.
These are my beliefs.

Well, let's revue what we've learned today:

- Pay gap doesn't exist.
- Women are legally equal in every respect to men, in fact even are more privileged in the Western world.

The only real problem you could have would be with 'society' but good luck changing what individuals do or say outside of the law.

Antimage
11-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Hoxhaism as a waitress probably expects to be paid same amount as an engineer.
Yes, we already have 'equal pay for equal work'.

Women DO get paid less, but not for the same work. Which is a good thing.

Unome
11-21-2016, 04:41 PM
/thread

11-21-2016, 04:42 PM

She doesn't have a leg to stand on..

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:44 PM

i'm 20 and i'm going to college next year.
This however has nothingg to do with this thread and i don't see why you should announce this in an unrelated thread.

morski
11-21-2016, 04:47 PM
This however has nothingg to do with this thread and i don't see why you should announce this in an unrelated thread.

Lemme guess, gender studies?

11-21-2016, 04:47 PM

lol

it has everything to do with the thread.

Women get paid less overall because they work different jobs. A waitress gets paid less than an engineer and you call that oppression?

11-21-2016, 04:49 PM
So what does Hoxhaism actually want to accomplish?

She wants to:

-make it so that waitresses should get paid the same amount of money as engineers
-censor free speech that offends her

this is the new Feminism folks.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 04:50 PM

She wants to:

-make it so that waitresses should get paid the same amount of money as engineers

I've never stated any of the above.

And no, i don't think a waitress should get paid the same as an engineer.

KMack
11-21-2016, 04:52 PM

it is sad that you have already been indoctrinated at this young age.

11-21-2016, 04:53 PM
I've never stated any of the above.

And no, i don't think a waitress should get paid the same as an engineer.

Well then you don't want to do anything, do you?

Perhaps change society, but how? Tell someone not to say something? Okay, sure. You can't legally force them not to say things you don't like, though.

As for equal pay, the articles you show us say that women are paid less overall because they work different jobs. They aren't saying what you think they are saying. If a woman works the same job, they get paid the same, for the same hours. No evidence against this whatsoever. Just that they get paid less overall because they work different jobs and hours :)

Bezprym
11-21-2016, 04:58 PM
Lacking the argument leads to ignoring again. :) Hoxhaism knows I'm right but will never say that, so it's comfy to simply not respond.

Newman
11-21-2016, 05:03 PM

This lie has been debunked more than 1,000,000 times.
Men and women are paid equally for the same task. Otherwise, companies would ony hire women because they're cheaper.

On average, men earn more because they have better jobs and better entrepreneurship skills.
Just look at the gender proportion of billionaire, it's overwhelmingly masculine. What's even funnier is that most billionaire females have inherited their fortune from their daddies (Cf. Bettencourt or Rinehart).

Antimage
11-21-2016, 05:27 PM

.Leftism in general.

Danaan
11-21-2016, 05:28 PM

Yes, it's their fault.

Harley
11-21-2016, 06:02 PM
It's kind of funny when I think on topics of gender and race, because I could enter into a conversation with the phrase, "As a woman of color..." and I'm automatically part of that group of people being coddled by this weird agenda. I could win through underhanded tactics by declaring my supposed victimization.

I don't like doing that. What I will say here is just my experience generally.

I have met and worked for many independent women owners in real estate, who were just these amazing powerhouse women that took no shit from anyone, especially from people who stood in their way. Nor did they make excuses when it came to children or to health. They were bosses in every sense of the word and I found myself inspired by their example. These women were also immigrants and took advantage of making an opportunity thoroughly and uniquely theirs, without making excuses. I don't see this much drive from their American women counterparts, and it's largely in part because of the implicit bias that being born a woman is such a nuisance.

They EARNED their keep through hours of hard work, not the idea that they're doing the same job, therefore they should be able to submit less hours and successfully reap the benefits of something they did not work for.

When it comes to working with men, I find it strange that women lump men who are polite, gentlemen with the oddball who says odd things, and make this definition to fit all men. In first world countries like the US, while it is important to maintain respect for both genders, the image I get here is that we should wring out all identifiers that make us uniquely so.

I experienced a bit of gender dysphoria when I was younger because of being raised in a bastardized version of Samoan culture that made one believe women are dirt to be used and abused by men. I did not fit the idealized version of a woman: I was not small, I was not fragile, I was stronger than most of my male counterparts. I was treated like dirt by my family, especially my dad, who purported this belief through the treatment of my mom. This translated to my mom raising us to believe we are tools.

I wasn't aware it was possible to be in a healthy and respectful relationship with a male until I met my partner in 2014. I have met many men who have treated me as I believe a man should treat a woman, not because of ulterior motive, but because their mothers and their sisters are precious to them.

What this means to me is that it's not a government responsibility to maintain the status quo of respecting females. It starts in the household. A real man can look like anything, but the moment he treats a female under his protection as dirt, he is dirt. No government regulation can fix this, nor can any site, pamphlet change this.

We are a sum of what we're fed, and if we survive long enough to overcome our programming, we may benefit from these streams of awareness that point out equality doesn't mean coldly dividing everything little thing down the middle, as if it were a prenuptial agreement between male and female gender.

To constantly accuse men of abhorrent behavior through social programming by stripping specific traits as restrictive, to desire men become more "equal" to women through removal of their protective and providing instinct, what are we really asking of society and of ourselves?

I follow stories about women in Africa that have to constantly band against abusive rapist men. US is not Africa, and the status quo is not the same for these women. These are the ones who need this message, who need the social reprogramming that it's not okay to act like a reprobate. That's going to be super hard because it's almost like it's soaked into the fibers of their culture. The main responsibility for first world feminism is to accept our femininity in what form it presents itself without oppressing others to achieve this.

Feminism is not supposed to be a dictator, just the ability to allow us females to be the best versions of ourselves, in my opinion.

Didriksson
11-21-2016, 06:03 PM
It's bullshit... the modern feminism is sexism towards males.

Queen B
11-21-2016, 06:08 PM
A waitress gets paid less than an engineer and you call that oppression?
Ι'm an engineer.
And while I'm not paid less (at the moment anyway), I'm facing discrimination because of my gender in my profession.

Profileid
11-21-2016, 06:11 PM
I would call myself a "feminist" if it was just about support for women's rights and welfare. But I'm not interested in these crazy cunts shoehorning baby murder("reproductive rights"), "rape culture" and assorted nonsense.

Profileid
11-21-2016, 06:13 PM
Ι'm an engineer.
And while I'm not paid less (at the moment anyway), I'm facing discrimination because of my gender in my profession.

Can you elaborate?

Didriksson
11-21-2016, 06:14 PM
They're also against family values with all the crap they promote... loose women, who want to whore around and pretend to be fighting for all women. I never asked them to fight for my rights... I'm totally comfortable with my position in the society and I've never felt discriminated... ever, just because I'm a female. They're just idiots...

Poise n Pen
11-21-2016, 06:14 PM
Feminists lie about everything, and they are dishonest and keep up the lie no matter what. None of those bullets are true.

Annie999
11-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Male bodies can take the punishment of nightly shifts better (well it equally destroys them over the years, but males are more 'expendable') and we never get pregnant neither. In a way it's obvious many companies have this male bias for many functions.
Males are preferred over women in almost all departments, even when there is no real advantage of one gender over the other (like physical strength).
Women might get pregnant and have to take care of kids, yes, but if anything it's a double job for them (and a quite important one for our countrys future sake) that double job makes up for whatever absences they might have, hence they should be paid equally.

Sexism is installed in society, you will see that many women prefer male attorneys, doctors or pilots than females, it's just a reflection of how things are. Males dominate the jobs industry that's why im OK with help from the government to give positions to women, disabled, blacks, etc. Otherwise they will get last in line. And while it's true a woman/black/disabled might get a job instead of a better qualified white male, that will make up for the thousand times it happens the other way around. It's a way to try to get things a bit even. :noidea:

Bezprym
11-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Ι'm an engineer.

I'd say men are discriminated more often in general.

Queen B
11-21-2016, 06:27 PM
Can you elaborate?
E.g 1 :
Calling to ask a technical question.listening to a female answering "I would like a technician'' . '' I'm a technician''. '' I would like to speak with the guy [x]''. '' Guy [x] is on vacation/project/meeting atm, tell me how can I help you''. '' Leave it till he comes back , you can't help me ''.
E.g 2 : 5 Engineers giving ideas/feeback for a project, NEVER pay attention to women's idea ~ even if -at the end - it was proved to be the best approach.
E.g 3: Arriving on spot (Factory f.e.). ''What are YOU doing here''? ''You sure''?

The company I'm working isn't acting that way. We are all equal, and we are paid equal for our diplomas, seniority,etc.
But people facing us , there, there IS discrimination.

The ''positive'' is that they are mainly people of older generation. I mean, I rarely face this from people my age or from people below 45y.o.

They're also against family values with all the crap they promote... loose women, who want to whore around and pretend to be fighting for all women. I never asked them to fight for my rights... I'm totally comfortable with my position in the society and I've never felt discriminated... ever, just because I'm a female. They're just idiots...
These aren't real feminists. Those are the so-called feminazis, who ruined the whole idea of REAL feminism, which is about equality.

Didriksson
11-21-2016, 06:37 PM
Honestly B, I think a lot of those things are in your head and your own attitude... just don't give a shit. You already expected this kind of attitude before and that is why it keeps happening to you... I think I could remember some situation of my own life where I felt discriminated, but there are always two sides to every story... instead of thinking of possible discrimination, you should think of other factors that might have caused the issue, for example, maybe you did something wrong? Maybe I was wrong? Maybe I'm inexperienced and need to grow more. I personally don't even allow the thought of possible discrimination to crawl into my head... it's nonexistent.

Dandelion
11-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Males are preferred over women in almost all departments, even when there is no real advantage of one gender over the other (like physical strength).
Women might get pregnant and have to take care of kids, yes, but if anything it's a double job for them (and a quite important one for our countrys future sake) that double job makes up for whatever absences they might have, hence they should be paid equally.

Sexism is installed in society, you will see that many women prefer male attorneys, doctors or pilots than females, it's just a reflection of how things are. Males dominate the jobs industry that's why im OK with help from the government to give positions to women, disabled, blacks, etc. Otherwise they will get last in line. And while it's true a woman/black/disabled might get a job instead of a better qualified white male, that will make up for the thousand times it happens the other way around. It's a way to try to get things a bit even. :noidea:

About female doctors. Less than 100 years ago that was very unusual and 'controversial' still. I remember having read an article about the one and only female doctor of the Netherlands in the 1920s. Long ago though, so I only know this.
I'm not a gender segregationist prude, but I would for one assume most women would prefer a female gynaecologist, right? No idea. As a male I didn't mind medical exams by a female doctor or nurse and something tells me women here never made a big deal out of getting checked by a male doctor neither. It's part of our upbringing.

11-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Ι'm an engineer.

Boo hoo.

What are you going to do about it?

Legally you're equal. There's nothing more you can do, really.

Queen B
11-21-2016, 06:47 PM
Honestly B, I think a lot of those things are in your head and your own attitude... just don't give a shit. You already expected this kind of attitude before and that is why it keeps happening to you... I think I could remember some situation of my own life where I felt discriminated, but there are always two sides to every story... instead of thinking of possible discrimination, you should think of other factors that might have caused the issue, for example, maybe you did something wrong? Maybe I was wrong? Maybe I'm inexperienced and need to grow more. I personally don't even allow the thought of possible discrimination to crawl into my head... it's nonexistent.
What's my wrong ?
Answering a damn telephone? Actually visiting a factory facing people that you don't even know, and instead of greeting you, asking you what you are doing here? Seriously?

I didn't say that it happens everyday , and I did specified that this is rare in my generation, so obviously it is something I notice that has a pattern.

I even had a teacher in Uni, where in his first class , he saw 2 females participating and said '' What are you doing here? Go cook a fasolada or something (Bean soup)''. :lol:

Insuperable
11-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Ι'm an engineer.

It is so sexy to see a hot woman working with the equipment, designing. Yummy.

Bezprym
11-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Go cook a fasolada or something (Bean soup)''. :lol:

Is bean called "fasola" in Greek?

Sorry for offtopic.

Queen B
11-21-2016, 06:50 PM
Is bean called "fasola" in Greek?
Sorry for offtopic.
Fasoli - bean.

11-21-2016, 06:52 PM
What's my wrong ?
Answering a damn telephone? Actually visiting a factory facing people that you don't even know, and instead of greeting you, asking you what you are doing here? Seriously?

I didn't say that it happens everyday , and I did specified that this is rare in my generation, so obviously it is something I notice that has a pattern.

I even had a teacher in Uni, where in his first class , he saw 2 females participating and said '' What are you doing here? Go cook a fasolada or something (Bean soup)''. :lol:

Okay but I don't get what you're trying to accomplish.

If you are legally equal then what more is there to do?

Annie999
11-21-2016, 06:56 PM
About female doctors. Less than 100 years ago that was very unusual and 'controversial' still. I remember having read an article about the one and only female doctor of the Netherlands in the 1920s. Long ago though, so I only know this.
I'm not a gender segregationist prude, but I would for one assume most women would prefer a female gynaecologist, right? No idea. As a male I didn't mind medical exams by a female doctor or nurse and something tells me women here never made a big deal out of getting checked by a male doctor neither. It's part of our upbringing.

According to this studio there is no preference on gynecologists: http://jaoa.org/article.aspx?articleid=2093065

wvwvw
11-21-2016, 07:12 PM

She wants to:

Nope feminism is the belief that men and women should have equal opportunities, it has nothing to do with female or male privilege.

That means if a woman does a job equally well as a man or vice versa, she should get equal pay, or be offered equal job opportunities, and let the best skilled win, be it man or woman.

It is about judging a person based on her/his skills rather than judge her/him based on her/his gender.

Queen B
11-21-2016, 07:14 PM
Okay but I don't get what you're trying to accomplish.
If you are legally equal then what more is there to do?
It's not only the company I'm working, it's not only Greece and it's not only under law.
Society should learn to treat men and women equaly, especially in matters that ''physical strenght,blablabla'', don't matter. If society learns to accept that, laws (everywhere), will also starts to follow society's norms, just like it has done over the years.
And it's not only in women's favor to create equality, but also in men's favor.

* On a personal level, do you think it is nice for someone to be critisized or face prejudice in his abilities, not because he lacks education or actual abilities, but because of what it is between its legs?

That means if a woman does a job equally well as a man or vice versa, she should get equal pay, or be offered equally job opportunities, and let the best win, be it man or woman.

And if a woman wins a job, you know what's mens first response would be ?

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Feminists lie about everything, and they are dishonest and keep up the lie no matter what. None of those bullets are true.

Source? :picard1:

Unome
11-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Imagine your child is in a car accident and is taken to the emergency room for brain surgery.

Do you want a man operating on your child, to save his/her life? Or do you want a woman?

The choice is obvious when it matters.

Sakis
11-21-2016, 07:23 PM
Imagine your child is in a car accident and is taken to the emergency room for brain surgery.

Do you want a man operating on your child, to save his/her life? Or do you want a woman?

Even women would prefer a man to do it.

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 07:25 PM

Whoever is more qualified regardless of gender. :picard1:
That isn't a proper example because both women/men are as equally capable to become doctors by nature.
i would get prefering a male in a physical job (lifting for example) but there is virtually no advantage in any gender when becoming a doctor.

Retarded conparison.

Insuperable
11-21-2016, 07:27 PM
@Hoxhaism

What type of sandwiches can you make?

Hoxhaism
11-21-2016, 07:30 PM
@Hoxaism

What type of sandwiches can you make?

The ones i can make?

this:

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/article30103902.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/03wmt1-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Queen B
11-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Even women would prefer a man to do it.
Women would chose the more qualified doctor to do it . Be it male or female , but the truth is that the rate of women surgeons and neurosurgeons are really low

11-21-2016, 07:32 PM
Nope feminism is the belief that men and women should have equal opportunities, it has nothing to do with female or male privilege.

That means if a woman does a job equally well as a man or vice versa, she should get equal pay, or be offered equal job opportunities, and let the best skilled win, be it man or woman.

It is about judging a person based on her/his skills rather than judge her/him based on her/his gender.

Well we already have that.

Sakis
11-21-2016, 07:33 PM
Women would chose the more qualified doctor to do it . Be it male or female , but the truth is that the rate of women surgeons and neurosurgeons are really low

That's what you say now

11-21-2016, 07:33 PM
It's not only the company I'm working, it's not only Greece and it's not only under law.
Society should learn to treat men and women equaly, especially in matters that ''physical strenght,blablabla'', don't matter. If society learns to accept that, laws (everywhere), will also starts to follow society's norms, just like it has done over the years.
And it's not only in women's favor to create equality, but also in men's favor.

* On a personal level, do you think it is nice for someone to be critisized or face prejudice in his abilities, not because he lacks education or actual abilities, but because of what it is between its legs?

And if a woman wins a job, you know what's mens first response would be ?

How are you going to make society think differently?

War Chef
11-22-2016, 12:13 AM
I will soon be in a field dominated by women (nursing) once I finish up my associates degree. If us guys hated you so much we wouldn't be so eager to work with you! Please leave your girls vs. boys stuff for the kindergarten playground. Grow up. We need to cooperate or we're setting ourselves up for failure with this type of divisive thinking. Equality? Sure I'm all up for it, just give me something reasonable.

☮ ✌

Peterski
11-22-2016, 12:38 AM
Women are twice as likely to suffer from anxiety and depression than men

This is caused by lack of chromosome Y:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcgD5DpVlQ

Bobby Martnen
01-06-2018, 09:01 PM
3. Because Reproductive Rights Are At Stake

Imagine unironically believing birth control is a human right.