PDA

View Full Version : Central Asia category?

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:16 PM
Since there is a Middle Eastern and South Asian subsection in geopolitics, I think it would be cool if a Central Asian category that includes Afghanistan, Tajikstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and Turkmenistan was created. You could probably even throw Iran and Azerbaijan in the category if you wanted to as well, since they relate to Afghans more than most Central Asian countries do (Azeris also relate to Turkic Central Asians).

I dunno, that's just my opinion. I'm open to others and I hope this thread doesn't make anyone mad lol.

Kamal900
11-27-2016, 11:21 PM
Afghanistan is part of the middle east the same way that Egypt is as well.

Berahthraban
11-27-2016, 11:21 PM
I feel like Afghanistan, geographically speaking, are in between South Asia, the Middle East and Central Asia, so it's hard to say which category fits them the best :P

Berahthraban
11-27-2016, 11:22 PM

Egyptians have more affinity to North Africans

Edit: Genetically (a lot of SSA and close to no ANE), culturally they're probably not I guess

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:23 PM
I feel like Afghanistan, geographically speaking, are in between South Asia, the Middle East and Central Asia, so it's hard to say which category fits them the best :P

This is true. Even within my family, I realized that my dad sees himself as Middle Eastern, or more or less similar to Persians and Azeris at least. On the other hand, my mom says Afghanistan is "central asian." I think Afghanistan is more West Asian leaning than anything else, in terms of genetics, phenotypes, culture, religion, etc. However, there are cultural links to Central and South Asia too, so it's confusing.

Mingle
11-27-2016, 11:24 PM
Afghanistan is definitely not in the Middle East. It is between South Asia and Central Asia, fitting better in Central Asia. Iran is between the Middle East and Central Asia, but fits better in Central Asia. Because of geopolitics, Afghanistan is placed under South Asia and Iran is placed under Central Asia by a few websites, but their culture/history is more Central Asian rather than South Asian or Middle Eastern.

AphroditeWorshiper
11-27-2016, 11:24 PM

hmmm, I don't think so

Egypt is Africa and Afghanistan is Central Asia

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:25 PM
Afghanistan is definitely not in the Middle East. It is between South Asia and Central Asia, fitting better in Central Asia. Iran is between the Middle East and Central Asia, but fits better in Central Asia. Because of geopolitics, Afghanistan is placed under South Asia and Iran is placed under Central Asia by a few websites, but their culture/history is more Central Asian rather than South Asian or Middle Eastern.

Yeah. At first I thought Afghans were definitely Middle Eastern cause of Iranians, but then I realized that Iranians and Azeris aren't really that Middle Eastern either.

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:26 PM
hmmm, I don't think so

Egypt is Africa and Afghanistan is Central Asia

His point is that they're both connected to the middle east just as much.

Pahli
11-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Somewhere between South and Central Asia, even Iran is considered a South Central Asian country sometimes and not Middle Eastern. IMO there should be a term for the regions below and above the Zagros mountains, as the cultures and languages change once you cross it. I do personally consider Afghanistan more Central Asian / Middle Eastern leaning than South Asia as a whole, although I can see few cultural similarities with South Asia.

Kamal900
11-27-2016, 11:30 PM
Egyptians have more affinity to North Africans

Edit: Genetically (a lot of SSA and close to no ANE), culturally they're probably not I guess

No, Egyptians cluster with the middle east than to other NA's:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?155664-Genetic-study-on-North-Africans

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:32 PM
Most Middle Easterners I've met consider Afghans Middle Eastern, and a fair amount of Central Asians see Afghans as familiar as well (like Tajiks and Turkmens), but South Asians don't really consider Afghans South Asia. However, a lot of Pashtuns live in pakistan which is definitely south asia.

Mingle
11-27-2016, 11:34 PM
Somewhere between South and Central Asia, even Iran is considered a South Central Asian country sometimes and not Middle Eastern. IMO there should be a term for the regions below and above the Zagros mountains, as the cultures and languages change once you cross it.

Its hard for Afghanistan to be considered a proper Central Asian country because Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Xinjiang, and Mongolia share much more similarities with each other than with Afghanistan or even Tajikistan.

These are the regions I would divide the western portion of Asia into:

1. Greater Iran: Kurdistan, Iran, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Western Pakistan
2. Southwest Asia: Arabia, Levant, Iraq
3. Black Sea Region: Turkey, Caucasus

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:36 PM
Its hard for Afghanistan to be considered a proper Central Asian country because Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Xinjiang, and Mongolia share much more similarities with each other than with Afghanistan or even Tajikistan.

I think the Black Sea region shouldn't include all of the Caucasus with Turkey. Greater Iran definitely has Azerbaijan and Armenia, even parts of Georgia. However, Azerbaijan has ties to Turks too.

Mingle
11-27-2016, 11:37 PM
Most Middle Easterners I've met consider Afghans Middle Eastern, and a fair amount of Central Asians see Afghans as familiar as well (like Tajiks and Turkmens), but South Asians don't really consider Afghans South Asia. However, a lot of Pashtuns live in pakistan which is definitely south asia.

Almost all South Asians try to claim Afghanistan even though Afghanistan isn't South Asian, don't play dumb. I've also met some that claim Iran and Tibet as South Asia.

Western Pakistan is only politically part of South Asia on maps that think political borders define culture.

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:38 PM
Almost all South Asians try to claim Afghanistan even though Afghanistan isn't South Asian, don't play dumb. I've also met some that claim Iran and Tibet as South Asia.

Western Pakistan is only politically part of South Asia on maps that think political borders define culture.

Well I'm not saying they're south asian, but afghans do have some cultural links with South Asia. We're ultimately Eastern Iranians though.

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:42 PM
What I mean is, Pakistan is definitely a major role player in Afghanistan's geopolitics, but we definitely don't belong in the same category as them. Pakistan could belong to both South Asian and West Asian geopolitics since it plays a huge role in both.

Mingle
11-27-2016, 11:43 PM
I think the Black Sea region shouldn't include all of the Caucasus with Turkey. Greater Iran definitely has Azerbaijan and Armenia, even parts of Georgia. However, Azerbaijan has ties to Turks too.

The Republic of Azerbaijan (Northern Azerbaijan) is not Iranic. They just share the same name because the Russians conquered Arran and changed Arran's name to Azerbaijan to try to claim the real Azerbaijan in Iran. North Azeri food and clothing is more similar to Georgia and the Ciscaucasia than to Iran. North Azeris also have the lezginka which is a dance that Georgians and Ciscaucasians do. The pre-Turkic language of North Azeris is Caucasian Albanian, which was a dialect of Lezgic. Udi is the remnant language of it.

Armenia is probably more Iranian but they have strong ties with Georgia too, who were more connected with Ciscaucasians. Even though they have a lot in common with Iran, I feel they have more in common with Turkey. It would also look weird for Greater Iran to have a non-Iranian region, so best keep them in the Black Sea region.

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:46 PM
The Republic of Azerbaijan (Northern Azerbaijan) is not Iranic. They just share the same name because the Russians conquered Arran and changed Arran's name to Azerbaijan to try to claim the real Azerbaijan in Iran. North Azeri food and clothing is more similar to Georgia and the Ciscaucasia than to Iran. North Azeris also have the lezginka which is a dance that Georgians and Ciscaucasians do. The pre-Turkic language of North Azeris is Caucasian Albanian, which was a dialect of Lezgic. Udi is the remnant language of it.

Armenia is probably more Iranian but they have strong ties with Georgia too, who were more connected with Ciscaucasians. Even though they have a lot in common with Iran, I feel they have more in common with Turkey. It would also look weird for Greater Iran to have a non-Iranian region, so best keep them in the Black Sea region.

Yes, but all these cultures are just as close to iranian culture as they are to Turkish culture. And if we're going by what Greater Iran actually was, then Azerbaijan, Armenian, and parts of Georgia should be included. I think the rest of the Caucasus is its own category, as well Turkey being it's own category. Geopolitically, the North Kavkaz belongs to both Europe and West Asia because both areas play a huge role in it.

Mingle
11-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Yes, but all these cultures are just as close to iranian culture as they are to Turkish culture. And if we're going by what Greater Iran actually was, then Azerbaijan, Armenian, and parts of Georgia should be included. I think the rest of the Caucasus is its own category, as well Turkey being it's own category. Geopolitically, the North Kavkaz belongs to both Europe and West Asia because both areas play a huge role in it.

I was using my own interpretation of Greater Iran not the one you see in Wikipedia. Ciscaucasia, Georgia, and North Azerbaijan are much closer to Turkey than to Iran. Armenia is debatable but I think they should be included in the Black Sea region since they're not Iranic and have a lot in common with both.

Ciscaucasia (North Caucasus) has very very little in common with Europe culturally. We're talking about culture not geopolitics, right?

Myanthropologies
11-27-2016, 11:52 PM
I was using my own interpretation of Greater Iran not the one you see in Wikipedia. Ciscaucasia, Georgia, and North Azerbaijan are much closer to Turkey than to Iran. Armenia is debatable but I think they should be included in that region since they're not Iranic.

Ciscaucasia (North Caucasus) has very very little in common with Europe culturally. We're talking about culture not geopolitics, right?

I think Azerbaijan has way stronger ties to Iran than it does to Turkey, personally. However, I still believe the Caucasus should have its own category, and so should Turkey.

Mingle
11-27-2016, 11:58 PM
I think Azerbaijan has way stronger ties to Iran than it does to Turkey, personally. However, I still believe the Caucasus should have its own category, and so should Turkey.

Turkey is just a single country. It seems weird for it to need to have its own category if its just one country which is why I grouped it with the Caucasus, but whatever.

North Azerbaijan is closer to Turkey and part of the Caucasus. They likely have more in common with Chechnya and Dagestan than with Persian people.

South Azerbaijanis are closer to Persians than to Turkey.

knowledge is king
11-28-2016, 12:09 AM
I fully agree with topic starter's initiative.

Go central asia!

Imamudin
11-28-2016, 06:51 AM
Turkey is just a single country. It seems weird for it to need to have its own category if its just one country which is why I grouped it with the Caucasus, but whatever.

North Azerbaijan is closer to Turkey and part of the Caucasus. They likely have more in common with Chechnya and Dagestan than with Persian people.

South Azerbaijanis are closer to Persians than to Turkey.

Turkey has nothing in common with Chechnya or Dagestan. It is much rather like a mix of Greece/Balkans and Mesopotamian/Assyrian lands with little influence from Central Asia. Besides, Chechnya and Dagestan are located at the Caspian Sea, not at the Black Sea.

Geopolitically, the North Kavkaz belongs to both Europe and West Asia because both areas play a huge role in it.

Rather only Russia.

Böri
11-28-2016, 06:55 AM
Only Indo-Iranic central Asian country is Tadzhykistan. Afghanistan and Iran are ME with South Asia elements

LoLeL
11-28-2016, 07:00 AM
Azerbaijan is in Caucasus and Iran is too big to fit in Central Asia. Plus, why not Mongolia? Just put Iran and Afghanistan in a same category (South Central Asia?). And if language/culture matters, Tajikistan can join them too.

Middle East is a vague term and I prefer to use proper terms like West Asia and Southwest Asia.

Böri
11-28-2016, 07:22 AM
Central Asia = Turkic Scythia so Mongols (East Asians) and Iranics (MENA-SA) not Central Asia

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 07:34 AM

no . just no

how often do I have to post genetic results , pics of peoples faces , geographical maps etc. etc. until this nonsense takes an end ?

a Syrian Druze is a lot closer to a Kurd than a Kurd is to an Afghan . an Armenian is a lot closer to a Kurd than a Kurd is to "western pakistan" wtf . etc

west asia = south caucasus (north caucasus is a little more complicated to place) , north and northwest iran , Kurds , Assyrians , north Levantines

southwest asia = Arabia and southern Levant

central asia 1 = Tajikistan , east Iran , Afghanistan

central asia 2 = Turkmenistan , Uzbekistan etc.

Pahli
11-28-2016, 07:38 AM
Central Asia = Turkic Scythia so Mongols (East Asians) and Iranics (MENA-SA) not Central Asia

Lol, none of the Central Asian Turkics resemble Scythians, the ones that do are East Iranian minorities in Tajikistan. Unstick now brown kiro donkey f*cker.

Imamudin
11-28-2016, 07:55 AM
no . just no

how often do I have to post genetic results , pics of peoples faces , geographical maps etc. etc. until this nonsense takes an end ?

a Syrian Druze is a lot closer to a Kurd than a Kurd is to an Afghan . an Armenian is a lot closer to a Kurd than a Kurd is to "western pakistan" wtf . etc

west asia = south caucasus (north caucasus is a little more complicated to place) , north and northwest iran , Kurds , Assyrians , north Levantines

North Caucasus must necessarily have an own category. It's a gray area that doesn't fit anywhere, neither Europe nor Asia, and it sure as hell isn't Middle East.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 07:56 AM
North Caucasus must necessarily have an own category. It's a gray area that doesn't fit anywhere, neither Europe nor Asia, and it sure as hell isn't Middle East.

imo it is europe-west asia intermediate but I will leave north caucasians to decide this

Imamudin
11-28-2016, 08:04 AM
imo it is europe-west asia intermediate but I will leave north caucasians to decide this

An isolated region between Europe and Central Asia would describe it most closely.

glass
11-28-2016, 08:09 AM
Central Asia is soviet "stans" without northern Kazakhstan. Afghanistan is middle east. Though with central asian and south asian elements, because of its location in crossroads.
South Asia is bigger India, India itself, Pakistand, Bangladesh etc

Böri
11-28-2016, 08:12 AM
Central Asia is soviet "stans" without northern Kazakhstan. Afghanistan is middle east. Though with central asian and south asian elements, because of its location in crossroads.
South Asia is bigger India, India itself, Pakistand, Bangladesh etc

Tatarstan, Bashkortistan, Chuvashstan?

Szegedist
11-28-2016, 08:13 AM
Afghanistan is not Central Asian, its a shithole even by Central Asian standards. Kazakstan is a First World country in comparison.

LoLeL
11-28-2016, 08:17 AM
no . just no

Nice invention. You should register it.

Imamudin
11-28-2016, 08:32 AM
Tatarstan, Bashkortistan, Chuvashstan?

This is all within the Russian Federation. He means outside of Russian Federation.

LoLeL
11-28-2016, 08:43 AM
https://web.archive.org/web/20161128094226/http://www.sras.org/img/photo/central_asia_borders.png

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 11:04 AM
Afghanistan is not Central Asian, its a shithole even by Central Asian standards. Kazakstan is a First World country in comparison.

Thanks for your constructive opinion that totally relates to geopolitics.

meisje
11-28-2016, 11:15 AM
It is a shit-hole with African level economy($600 Gdp per capita),It is not matter wherever this country,Only public opinion about them is refugees and brown people

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 11:17 AM
no . just no

This has more to do with geopolitics rather than genetics. However, I agree that Kurds aren't relevant to Afghans, but they're more or less so relevent because both are under the focus of the US, relatively belong to the same region, are currently effected by ISIS to some degree, and have common linguistics, etc to a degree. To pretend modern day Kurds and Afghans have nothing to do with each other geopolitically at least to some degree is kind of hilarious. Even Syrians have share similarities with Afghans in a lot of respects today. I was too arguing that Armenians should be placed under the Greater Iran category since they have a lot to do with it. However, North Levantines should not be placed in a different category than South Levantines because geopolitics doesn't revolve around genetics obviously lol. And Druze are like what, 2% of all Levantines? Lol. The South Caucasus and Northwest Iran definitely has more to do with Eastern Iranics than it does with Druze. Putting Iran into two different categories here is also wrong. Besides, Kurds don't have anything to do with Syrian Druze at all and I'm pretty sure you're equidistant from both them and Afghans. Kurds only recently started showing up in Syria and started claiming the parts of Syria they have been occupying as Kurdish land. They are not indigenous to the Levant, they are a disporsa.

Do you see how huge the Europe geopolitics category is? It's not the end of the world if Kurds and Afghans are placed in the same category, because Kurds and Afghans currently share more geopolitics than some Europeans do between each other.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 11:24 AM
This has more to do with geopolitics rather than genetics. However, I agree that Kurds aren't relevant to Afghans, but they're more or less so relevent because both are under the focus of the US, relatively belong to the same region, are currently effected by ISIS to some degree, and have common linguistics, etc to a degree. To pretend modern day Kurds and Afghans have nothing to do with each other geopolitically at least to some degree is kind of hilarious. Even Syrians have share similarities with Afghans in a lot of respects today. I was too arguing that Armenians should be placed under the Greater Iran category since they have a lot to do with it. However, North Levantines should not be placed in a different category than South Levantines because geopolitics doesn't revolve around genetics obviously lol. And Druze are like what, 2% of all Levantines? Lol. The South Caucasus and Northwest Iran definitely has more to do with Eastern Iranics than it does with Druze. Putting Iran into two different categories here is also wrong.

Do you see how huge the Europe geopolitics category is? It's not the end of the world if Kurds and Afghans are placed in the same category, because Kurds and Afghans currently share more geopolitics than some Europeans do between each other.

afghans are iranic speakers like us and we also share some genetics and some cultural aspects . I am also very interested in afghans and tajik people (especially tajiks) I wanted to make a gallery thread about tajiks but since my knowledge is not good enough with that region I didnt but maybe I will do it nonetheless. afghans are tough people also . what I am saying is NOT to be taken in a wrong way . I dont mean to be offensive . I am just saying that "the iranic raaace" "greater Iraaan" etc. is nonsense . we are people who live very far from each other and have gone through different ethnogenesis etc. . there are genetically , culturally , phenotypically etc. striking differences ...also nature/surrounding is different . people overlap mostly with their neighbors which is a normal thing

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 11:35 AM
afghans are iranic speakers like us and we also share some genetics and some cultural aspects . I am also very interested in afghans and tajik people (especially tajiks) I wanted to make a gallery thread about tajiks but since my knowledge is not good enough with that region I didnt but maybe I will do it nonetheless. afghans are tough people also . what I am saying is NOT to be taken in a wrong way . I dont mean to be offensive . I am just saying that "the iranic raaace" "greater Iraaan" etc. is nonsense . we are people who live very far from each other and have gone through different ethnogenesis etc. . there are genetically , culturally , phenotypically etc. striking differences ...also nature/surrounding is different . people overlap mostly with their neighbors which is a normal thing

Yeah, I agree with you, but this is more geopolitics than it is race. Besides, the Kurds and Afghans defintiely belong to the same race, they're just very different ethnicities within the same race. However, I think you're actually equidistant from Syrians and Afghans genetically, but obviously Kurds are more familiar with Syrians (today at least, for obvious reasons), than they are with Afghans. The point here is geopolitics, and Kurds, Syrians, and Afghans could definitely potentially be placed in the same geopolitical category. Kurds are diverse anyways. Some could belong in a category with Turks, others in a category with Levantines, and a few with iranians & afghans. However, it is not a good idea to separate ethnic groups like that. I totally get you bro, no hard feelings at all. It is just that this is about geopolitics.

This is just a tough question. West Asia ultimately influences Afghanistan the most, geopolitically, but Pakistan does to a huge degree too, and that's a South Asian country. Maybe for geopolitical purposes Afghanistan could be placed in West Asia, while Pakistan be included in both West & South Asia (it has influences in multiple West and South Asian countries). Tajikistan could be placed under both West & Central Asia.

lameduck
11-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I agree with you, but this is more geopolitics than it is race. Besides, the Kurds and Afghans defintiely belong to the same race, they're just very different ethnicities within the same race. However, I think you're actually equidistant from Syrians and Afghans genetically, but obviously Kurds are more familiar with Syrians (today at least, for obvious reasons), than they are with Afghans. The point here is geopolitics, and Kurds, Syrians, and Afghans could definitely potentially be placed in the same geopolitical category. Kurds are diverse anyways. Some could belong in a category with Turks, others in a category with Levantines, and a few with iranians & afghans. However, it is not a good idea to separate ethnic groups like that. I totally get you bro, no hard feelings at all. It is just that this is about geopolitics.

This is just a tough question. West Asia ultimately influences Afghanistan the most, geopolitically, but Pakistan does to a huge degree too, and that's a South Asian country. Maybe for geopolitical purposes Afghanistan could be placed in West Asia, while Pakistan be included in both West & South Asia (it has influences in multiple West and South Asian countries). Tajikistan could be placed under both West & Central Asia.

there is a term greater middle east for it.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 11:45 AM
However, I think you're actually equidistant from Syrians and Afghans genetically

no. we are genetically closer to druze , alawites, some syrian arabs (mostly from the north) etc. than to afghans . I can show it with several examples

Kurds are diverse anyways.

true but not to a point as some people in forums make it out to be . when a kurd differs too much from the "norm" then he/she has some other ancestry aswell

doesnt matter much what some ignorant western people say . a lot of such categories are based on 2 things : 1. their profit 2. ignorance

thats why terms like "greater middle east" come to existence

LMAOOOOOOO xD

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/future/images/7/71/Greater_Middle_East_in_2012(2).png/revision/latest?cb=20120314201327

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 11:45 AM
there is a term greater middle east for it.

I've heard of it, but the "greater middle east" is horrible because it includes everything from Sudan to the Horn to Kazakhstan.

lameduck
11-28-2016, 11:49 AM
I've heard of it, but the "greater middle east" is horrible because it includes everything from Sudan to the Horn to Kazakhstan.

these terms are horrible since they come from White peoples Ignorance toward "Brown World". They think brown people dont deserve distinction.

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 11:50 AM
no. we are genetically closer to druze , alawites, some syrian arabs (mostly from the north) etc. than to afghans . I can show it with several examples

true

doesnt matter much what some ignorant western people say . a lot of such categories are based on 2 things : 1. their profit 2. ignorance

thats why terms like "greater middle east" come to existence

LMAOOOOOOO xD

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/future/images/7/71/Greater_Middle_East_in_2012(2).png/revision/latest?cb=20120314201327

You score like 20 distances from Syrian Arabs right? That's the distance most Afghans get from Kurds on better calculators, so it is likely roughly equidistant (a.k.a you are not significantly closer to Syrian Arabs to the point where it is even worthy of a mention).

Also, this has nothing to do with Western countries entirely, this has to do with reality. Modern day West Asia is influencing Afghanistan the most, and they are going through the same shizz a lot of countries over there are. Even most Middle Easterners I met consider Afghanistan a somewhat similar country to theirs in the respect that it is also Middle Eastern, but these are also Middle Eastern Americans I'm speaking of.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 11:50 AM
these terms are horrible since they come from White peoples Ignorance toward "Brown World". They think brown people dont deserve distinction.

it hasnt to do with race . rather with religion , culture etc.

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 11:51 AM

Some of those people aren't even brown, but mulattos and part Mongolians LOL

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 11:55 AM
You score like 20 distances from Syrian Arabs right? That's the distance most Afghans get from Kurds on better calculators, so it is likely roughly equidistant (a.k.a you are not significantly closer to Syrian Arabs to the point where it is even worthy of a mention).

I get Syrian but no Afghan . there is a decent distance to Syrian because they have more Red Sea / Arabian influence and a little more east med and less west asian . but they are similar still and I dont get afghan

# Population (source) Distance
1 Azeri 4.06
2 Kurdish 4.85
3 Iranian 6.27
4 Armenian 7.5
5 Turkish 7.57
6 Georgian_Jewish 7.92
7 Assyrian 9.9
8 Iranian_Jewish 12.34
9 Kurdish_Jewish 12.81
10 Kumyk 15.61
11 Lebanese_Muslim 16.01
12 Georgian 16.95
13 Turkmen 17.02
14 Syrian 17.07
15 Adygei 18.21
16 Abhkasian 18.44
17 Balkar 19.37
18 Ossetian 19.79
19 Cyprian 20.29
20 Kabardin 20.64

1 Azeri 3.4
2 Kurd_N 5.81
3 Iranian 6.59
4 Georgian 7.54
5 Abkhasian 7.74
6 Turkish 8.51
7 Armenian 8.57
8 Azeri_Dagestan 8.64
9 Adygei 8.84
10 Kumyk 9.31
11 Georgian_Jew 9.98
12 Chechen 11.12
13 Kurd_C 11.48
14 Iranian_Jew 12.04
15 Lezgin 13.39
16 Druze 16.1
17 Iraqi_Jew 16.29
18 Lebanese 17.04
19 Syrian 17.35
20 Cypriot 17.36

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 11:55 AM
it hasnt to do with race . rather with religion , culture etc.

I feel like it has mostly to do with perceived race. Nobody in America would have a hard time believing that the Ahmed kid that made the weird clock last year was a Kurd, Afghan, Turk, Armenian, Tajik, Syrian, Pakistani, or any other ethnicity/nationality on that map even though he looks like this and is Sudanese lol:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp0m5ZqYuefz1wy6Q3--hilOwDfHSu5BNWWcXFYKpdF7VIGXwXQP6yTxQ

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 11:57 AM
I feel like it has mostly to do with perceived race. Nobody in America would have a hard time believing that the Ahmed kid that made the weird clock last year was a Kurd, Afghan, Turk, Armenian, Tajik, Syrian, Pakistani, or any other ethnicity/nationality on that map even though he looks like this and is Sudanese lol:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp0m5ZqYuefz1wy6Q3--hilOwDfHSu5BNWWcXFYKpdF7VIGXwXQP6yTxQ

if anybody thinks this kid could be the ethnicities you listed then this means he/she doesnt know shit . period

thats why I say it doesnt matter much what a johnny redneck from alabama thinks

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:01 PM
if anybody thinks this kid could be the ethnicities you listed then this means he/she doesnt know shit . period

thats why I say it doesnt matter much what a johnny redneck from alabama thinks

I swear literally 70% of the country would have no problem believing he is any of the ethnicities, it's sad. The Greater Middle East is the dumbest term to come to fruition ever.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:02 PM
I swear literally 70% of the country would have no problem believing he is any of the ethnicities, it's sad. The Greater Middle East is the dumbest term to come to fruition ever.

lol :D

btw. I have found oracles of me where also Tajik and Pashtun are listed . you want to see ?

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:03 PM
I get Syrian but no Afghan . there is a decent distance to Syrian because they have more Red Sea / Arabian influence and a little more east med and less west asian . but they are similar still and I dont get afghan

1 Azeri 4.06
2 Kurdish 4.85
3 Iranian 6.27
4 Armenian 7.5
5 Turkish 7.57
6 Georgian_Jewish 7.92
7 Assyrian 9.9
8 Iranian_Jewish 12.34
9 Kurdish_Jewish 12.81
10 Kumyk 15.61
11 Lebanese_Muslim 16.01
12 Georgian 16.95
13 Turkmen 17.02
14 Syrian 17.07
15 Adygei 18.21
16 Abhkasian 18.44
17 Balkar 19.37
18 Ossetian 19.79
19 Cyprian 20.29
20 Kabardin 20.64

1 Azeri 3.4
2 Kurd_N 5.81
3 Iranian 6.59
4 Georgian 7.54
5 Abkhasian 7.74
6 Turkish 8.51
7 Armenian 8.57
8 Azeri_Dagestan 8.64
9 Adygei 8.84
10 Kumyk 9.31
11 Georgian_Jew 9.98
12 Chechen 11.12
13 Kurd_C 11.48
14 Iranian_Jew 12.04
15 Lezgin 13.39
16 Druze 16.1
17 Iraqi_Jew 16.29
18 Lebanese 17.04
19 Syrian 17.35
20 Cypriot 17.36

A lot of Afghans get kurds on calculators though, at around 20 distances. So it appears that Syrians and Lebs are a little closer, but still around the same distance practically. I'm assuming South Levantines are genetically further from Kurds than Afghans are then.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:05 PM
A lot of Afghans get kurds on calculators though, at around 20 distances. So it appears that Syrians and Lebs are a little closer, but still around the same distance practically. I'm assuming South Levantines are genetically further from Kurds than Afghans are then.

here some oracles where tajik and pashtun appears . as you see I am even a little closer to sicilians , greeks , and ashkenazi than to tajiks/pashtuns

Single Population Sharing:

1 Turkish 7.56
2 Kurd_C 8.34
3 Iranian 8.99
4 Kurd_N 10.01
5 Kumyk 11.82
6 Iraqi_Jew 13.57
7 Iranian_Jew 14.06
8 Syrian 14.6
9 Kurd_E 15.09
10 Jordanian 16.11
11 Assyrian 16.96
12 Sicilian 17.43
13 Greek 20.08
14 Uzbek_Afghan 20.13
15 Tajik_Pomiri 21.58
16 Pashtun_Afghan 21.58
17 Balochi 21.71
18 Albanian 21.85
19 Tajik_Afghan 22.16
20 Hungarian_BA3 22.64

1 Iranian 6.86
2 Kurd_C 10.58
3 Kurd_N 12.85
4 Turkish 13.11
5 Assyrian 13.63
6 Iranian_Jew 15.37
7 Iraqi_Jew 17.04
8 Georgian_Jew 17.06
9 Armenian 19.86
10 Cypriot 21.64
11 Ashkenazi_Jew 23.05
12 Lebanese 23.76
13 Tajik_Afghan 24.87
14 Sicilian 25.28
15 Turkmen 25.83
16 Uzbek_Afghan 26.04
17 Greek 26.82
18 Pashtun_Afghan 27.06
19 Syrian 28.51
20 Tajik_Pomiri 28.96

1 Kurd_N 6.51
2 Iranian 7.41
3 Turkish 12.55
4 Kurd_C 13.41
5 Georgian_Jew 15.83
6 Assyrian 16.13
7 Iranian_Jew 16.82
8 Armenian 19.2
9 Iraqi_Jew 19.84
10 Turkmen 21.16
11 Lebanese 21.67
12 Cypriot 22.24
13 Ashkenazi_Jew 23.61
14 Tajik 23.62
15 Tajik_Afghan 24.52
16 Jordanian 25.2
17 Sicilian 25.65
18 Uzbek_Afghan 25.68
19 Syrian 25.95
20 Greek 26.17

Kamal900
11-28-2016, 12:07 PM

Southern Levantines are genetically more closer to Arabians, Samaritans, Druze, Bedouins and Egyptians(espicially Copts) than to other west Asiatics. Nothing wrong with that.

lameduck
11-28-2016, 12:08 PM
here some oracles where tajik and pashtun appears . as you see I am even a little closer to sicilians , greeks , and ashkenazi than to tajiks/pashtuns

1 Turkish 7.56
2 Kurd_C 8.34
3 Iranian 8.99
4 Kurd_N 10.01
5 Kumyk 11.82
6 Iraqi_Jew 13.57
7 Iranian_Jew 14.06
8 Syrian 14.6
9 Kurd_E 15.09
10 Jordanian 16.11
11 Assyrian 16.96
12 Sicilian 17.43
13 Greek 20.08
14 Uzbek_Afghan 20.13
15 Tajik_Pomiri 21.58
16 Pashtun_Afghan 21.58
17 Balochi 21.71
18 Albanian 21.85
19 Tajik_Afghan 22.16
20 Hungarian_BA3 22.64

1 Iranian 6.86
2 Kurd_C 10.58
3 Kurd_N 12.85
4 Turkish 13.11
5 Assyrian 13.63
6 Iranian_Jew 15.37
7 Iraqi_Jew 17.04
8 Georgian_Jew 17.06
9 Armenian 19.86
10 Cypriot 21.64
11 Ashkenazi_Jew 23.05
12 Lebanese 23.76
13 Tajik_Afghan 24.87
14 Sicilian 25.28
15 Turkmen 25.83
16 Uzbek_Afghan 26.04
17 Greek 26.82
18 Pashtun_Afghan 27.06
19 Syrian 28.51
20 Tajik_Pomiri 28.96

1 Kurd_N 6.51
2 Iranian 7.41
3 Turkish 12.55
4 Kurd_C 13.41
5 Georgian_Jew 15.83
6 Assyrian 16.13
7 Iranian_Jew 16.82
8 Armenian 19.2
9 Iraqi_Jew 19.84
10 Turkmen 21.16
11 Lebanese 21.67
12 Cypriot 22.24
13 Ashkenazi_Jew 23.61
14 Tajik 23.62
15 Tajik_Afghan 24.52
16 Jordanian 25.2
17 Sicilian 25.65
18 Uzbek_Afghan 25.68
19 Syrian 25.95
20 Greek 26.17

wow you are closer to Balochis and Albanians on equal level

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:10 PM
wow you are closer to Balochis and Albanians on equal level

yes but to both quite distant (distance = 21-22)

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:20 PM
lol :D

btw. I have found oracles of me where also Tajik and Pashtun are listed . you want to see ?

Sure! :)

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Sure! :)

just posted them lol . check the previous page

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:22 PM
just posted them lol . check the previous page

Just did. I see what you mean now!

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Just did. I see what you mean now!

I am not talking out of my anus you know bro . when I say something I have a reason for it :D

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:24 PM
I am not talking out of my anus you know bro . when I say something I have a reason for it :D

Yeah. You seem closer to Greeks than to Afghans, which is what I wouldn't have expected.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Yeah. You seem closer to Greeks than to Afghans, which is what I wouldn't have expected.

only a little . such high distances dont mean much . but I told you that we are west asians and overlap mostly with our neighbors and that there is no such thing as "iranic race" or "MENA" etc.

Böri
11-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Its funny congratulations tho a Kurdish man uses a thread about Central Asia to show Türks as his first match. That will put me down and MENA strike. Kurds are genetically same as Assyrians, Armenians and North west Persians. Its a fact no propaganda can change personally you can be closer to Türks for various reason like an illegitimate ancestor. Its so far funny. East Turks can have Kurds in top 20 close to bottom, West Turks not even that.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Its funny congratulations tho a Kurdish man uses a thread about Central Asia to show Türks as his first match. That will put me down and MENA strike. Kurds are genetically same as Assyrians, Armenians and North west Persians. Its a fact no propaganda can change personally you can be closer to Türks for various reason like an illegitimate ancestor. Its so far funny

you paranoid clown I put that only because there was tajik and pashtun in it and myanthropologies would be interested to see that . the other 2 oracles have kurd north and iranian as first distance . if I wanted to annoy you with this I could show you a lot more first population distance of me where I get Azeri or Turkish . dont be ridiculous ...not everything turns around you . just lol xD

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:30 PM
only a little . such high distances dont mean much . but I told you that we are west asians and overlap mostly with our neighbors and that there is no such thing as "iranic race" or "MENA" etc.

True. Interesting that you get Uzbeks before Pashtuns though. I wonder why.....maybe you really do have some hidden Turkish ancestry.

I also wonder what "Kurd" is based on in most calculators, because that's what pashtuns get at 20 distances on most calculators.

Böri
11-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Lol yeah sure I believe no problem.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:33 PM
True. Interesting that you get Uzbeks before Pashtuns though. I wonder why.....maybe you really do have some hidden Turkish ancestry.

I also wonder what "Kurd" is based on in most calculators, because that's what pashtuns get at 20 distances on most calculators.

most calculators make it seem that I have some turkish ancestry . I score more mongoloid than average kurd and get azeri or turkish often as first match . I already said that it is possible that my grandma had turkish ancestry and possibly my greatgrandma too . but I never asked it and didnt do research . doesnt matter anyway because I am mostly Kurdish

the "Kurd" you mean is mabye "Kurd SE" ? or is it "Kurd C" ?

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Lol yeah sure I believe no problem.

what is it that you dont believe ? you can tell me

trust me you are too paranoid . I have no bad intentions xD

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:37 PM
most calculators make it seem that I have some turkish ancestry . I score more mongoloid than average kurd and get azeri or turkish often as first match . I already said that it is possible that my grandma had turkish ancestry and possibly my greatgrandma too . but I never asked it and didnt do research . doesnt matter anyway because I am mostly Kurdish

the "Kurd" you mean is mabye "Kurd SE" ? or is it "Kurd C" ?

No, it's just regular Kurd, but the distance is usually between 20-22. You seem in between Greeks, Levantines, and Afghans. Kind of interesting position. I have seen some Greek oracles that have scored English, Kurdish, and Tajik at around the same distance as well. It's kind of interesting to think of how many populations certain pops are in between.

However, I was told not to heavily rely on calculators.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:42 PM
No, it's just regular Kurd, but the distance is usually between 20-22. You seem in between Greeks, Levantines, and Afghans. Kind of interesting position. I have seen some Greek oracles that have scored English, Kurdish, and Tajik at around the same distance as well. It's kind of interesting to think of how many populations certain pops are in between.

However, I was told not to heavily rely on calculators.

I already said a few times that we (at least northern Kurds) can be modeled as (roughly) 40-50% Georgian , 30-40% Druze/Ayssyrian/LevnatoMed and ~20% Pashtun . we dont overlap with Greeks ....Greeks have East Med and some West Asian thats why there are some "overlappings"

Danaan
11-28-2016, 12:43 PM

And the term Middle East wouldn't exist if the term 'Near East' hadn't existed which originally was used for Greece, Serbia, the Danubian Principalities, Bulgaria etc.

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:45 PM
I already said a few times that we (at least northern Kurds) can be modeled as (roughly) 40-50% Georgian , 30-40% Druze/Ayssyrian/LevnatoMed and ~20% Pashtun . we dont overlap with Greeks ....Greeks have East Med and some West Asian thats why there are some "overlappings"

Cool. For Pashtuns, it's 50% Chechen and 50% Burusho for most. Some even get 50% Chechen and 50% Pathan which is odd.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 12:46 PM
Cool. For Pashtuns, it's 50% Chechen and 50% Burusho for most. Some even get 50% Chechen and 50% Pathan which is odd.

I didnt mean the 2 population approx on calcs :) I meant that if you would take other peoples to make us (in form of an "experiment") :D

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:48 PM
I didnt mean the 2 population approx on calcs :) I meant that if you would take other peoples to make us (in form of an "experiment") :D

Oh, well I guess it's similar in a sense lol.

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 12:49 PM

Oh, well I guess it's similar in a sense lol.

Ylla
11-28-2016, 01:12 PM
These categories are useless, even term 'balkan' has no meaning

LoLeL
11-28-2016, 01:19 PM
These categories are useless, even term 'balkan' has no meaning

They become useless if you generalize people of each category.

Imamudin
11-28-2016, 01:21 PM
For Pashtuns, it's 50% Chechen and 50% Burusho for most.

Rather leaning towards Burusho LOL

http://gdb.rferl.org/76EE21C1-0243-4115-B2F6-1AF5847D5AF5_mw1024_s_n.jpg

Ylla
11-28-2016, 01:21 PM
They become useless if you generalize people of each category.

Only useful for geography, i am closer genetically to Iberians on the other side of Europe than Croats on the same peninsula.

LoLeL
11-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Only useful for geography, i am closer genetically to Iberians on the other side of Europe than Croats on the same peninsula.

Yeah. For example, people overuse "asian" and "east asian" on internet and they ignore the big differences between Chinese, Japanese, Koreans and etc. There are some similarities, but each of these ethnic groups/countries has its own unique features, culture and language.

Truth Preacher
11-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Afghanistan is the southern part of Central asia imo.

Melki
11-28-2016, 02:35 PM
To me, "Central Asia" encompasses all the landlocked countries of Turkic and Persian heritage: the 5 former Soviet Republics + Afghanistan + Xinjiang (East Turkestan in China)

user_
11-28-2016, 02:50 PM
My opinion:
Kazakhstan, Uzbekstan, Kyrgizstan-central Asia.
Iran, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan- Middle East.

LoLeL
11-28-2016, 02:53 PM
My opinion:

Could you explain how did you categorize them? Because:

1. How Uzbekistan is CA and Turkmenistan is ME? Based on what?

2. Where is Tajikistan?

Böri
11-28-2016, 02:54 PM
My opinion:

Turkmenistan is a millions times closer to Uzbekistan than İran or Afghanistan. They have nothing in common with the Iranics

Mingle
11-28-2016, 02:55 PM
no . just no

This is not based off of genetics, mate. Just culture/history/identity.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 03:00 PM

If this is based on geopolitics only, then Afghanistan would fit in South Asia rather than West Asia. They were part of the South Asian Football Association and are currently members of SAARC but have no big connection to West Asian politics. This is why the CIA WF groups Afghanistan as South Asia. Afghanistan's food, clothes, and overall culture is Central Asian though.

user_
11-28-2016, 03:01 PM
Could you explain how did you categorize them? Because:

1. How Uzbekistan is CA and Turkmenistan is ME? Based on what?

2. Where is Tajikistan?

Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Kyrgyzs are mongoloids.
Tukmens, Tajuks are not, or just a little bit.
Of course tajiks are with Iran and Afghanistan, not CA.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Kyrgyzs are mongoloids.
Tukmens, Tajuks are not, or just a little bit.
Of course tajiks are with Iran and Afghanistan, not CA.

Tajikistan is closer to Uzbekistan in culture and genetics than to any other country. They just speak the same language as Afghanistan and Iran.

Böri
11-28-2016, 03:09 PM
Uzbek groups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBAXXCqu5AM

Turkmen groups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8enXjryw6U

They are closer to each other than to Iranian groups and both nations arent east asian looking

user_
11-28-2016, 03:12 PM
Tajikistan is closer to Uzbekistan in culture and genetics than to any other country. They just speak the same language as Afghanistan and Iran.

Well, from my personal experience tajiks look more west shifted and less mongoloid.

Tajiks
http://b.pix.ge/s/rhqo0.jpg (http://pix.ge/)
Uzbeks
http://a.pix.ge/s/32fs1.jpg (http://pix.ge/)

meisje
11-28-2016, 03:16 PM

Afghan Tajiks are closer to Uzbeks than Tajikistan Tajiks

Using 1 population approximation:
1 Uzbek @ 4.865723
2 Turkmen_Afghan @ 8.899322
3 Turkmen_Uzbekistan @ 11.425840
4 Uygur @ 12.460958
5 Hazara @ 12.748605
6 Karakalpak @ 13.170482
7 Tajik_Afghan @ 16.408781
8 Uzbek_Afghan @ 18.357813
9 Kazahs @ 18.734402
10 Crimean_Tatar_Step @ 20.293940
11 Nogai @ 20.969976
12 Kazakh @ 22.069340
13 Tatar-Siberian @ 22.710873
14 Bashkir @ 24.320910
15 Tajik_Pomiri_Rushan @ 25.116444
16 Kyrgyz_Bishkek @ 25.353327
17 Tajik_Pomiri_Shugnan @ 26.363405
18 Tajik_Pomiri_Ishkashim @ 26.530727
19 Tajik_Yagnobi @ 27.081581
20 Tatar_Lithuania @ 27.231720

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 03:29 PM
If this is based on geopolitics only, then Afghanistan would fit in South Asia rather than West Asia. They were part of the South Asian Football Association and are currently members of SAARC but have no big connection to West Asian politics. This is why the CIA WF groups Afghanistan as South Asia. Afghanistan's food, clothes, and overall culture is Central Asian though.

Being part of the South Asian football association doesn't make them geopolitically South Asian if Azerbaijan being in Euro vision doesn't make them European. Afghanistan currently has more to do with even the Levant than it does with India geopolitically. Pakistan is just a buffer zone and can be included in both West and South Asian politics.

Root
11-28-2016, 03:30 PM
http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1480350576/a1f493ed/15134059.png

Böri
11-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Afghans except Turkics in north they are closer to Pakistan than Kazakhstan. Türkmens are closer to Kazakhs than to Pakistan. Afghans are MENA and South Asians by affiliation only exception are minorities living most north.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 03:35 PM
Being part of the South Asian football association doesn't make them geopolitically South Asian if Azerbaijan being in Euro vision doesn't make them European. Afghanistan currently has more to do with even the Levant than it does with India geopolitically. Pakistan is just a buffer zone and can be included in both West and South Asian politics.

Being geopolitically aligned with South Asia doesn't make you South Asian. Bhutan is ethnically Tibetan and culturally non-South Asian, but it is definitely South Asian from a political POV because it a a defacto state of India. What about CIA and SAARC calling Afghanistan South Asian?

Afghanistan has more to do with Lebanon than India geopolitically? Really? -__-

Pakistan is firmly in South Asia not a buffer zone. Afghanistan is between South Asia and Central Asia, West Asia shouldn't even be in the discussion. Again, being aligned with South Asia in geopolitics doesn't make you South Asian so you don't need to get offended over it. It is based 90% based on geography and colonial borders.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Afghans except Turkics in north they are closer to Pakistan than Kazakhstan. Türkmens are closer to Kazakhs than to Pakistan. Afghans are MENA and South Asians by affiliation only exception are minorities living most north.

Afghanistan is nowhere near MENA. Afghanistan has some similarities with Pakistan only but more similar to Tajikistan and Uzbekistan than to South Asia. They all speak the same language (Persian), eat similar foods (ashak, mantu, etc.), eat on a dastarkhan, and celebrate Nowruz (although that's more of a ethnic Persian thing).

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Being geopolitically aligned with South Asia doesn't make you South Asian. Bhutan is ethnically Tibetan and culturally non-South Asian, but it is definitely South Asian from a political POV because it a a defacto state of India. What about CIA and SAARC calling Afghanistan South Asian?

Afghanistan has more to do with Lebanon than India geopolitically? Really? -__-

Pakistan is firmly in South Asia not a buffer zone. Afghanistan is between South Asia and Central Asia, West Asia shouldn't even be in the discussion. Again, being aligned with South Asia in geopolitics doesn't make you South Asian so you don't need to get offended over it. It is based 90% based on geography and colonial borders.

I'm not offended. Lol, I was the one who actually said that Pakistan is an important country to Afghanistan, but that just one South Asian country. Afghanistan definitely has a lot of claim to West Asia in terms of genetics, culture, and religion. And geographically, the center of Afghanistan is just as far from the center of Syria as it is from the center of India, let alone closer to the center of other West Asian nations than it is to the center of India. India and Afghanistan don't even really share politics or relations today at all. On the other hand, both Afghans and Syrians are effected by the same Islamic extremist groups, they are both becoming major disporsas together, and share religion. So yes, with everything weighed in, modern day Afghanistan has more to do with the Levant than it does with India. Trust me, I'd rather be more associated with India than be United with Levantines through being victims of extremism, but that's just how it is.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 04:00 PM
I'm not offended. Lol, I was the one who actually said that Pakistan is an important country to Afghanistan, but that just one South Asian country. Afghanistan definitely has a lot of claim to West Asia in terms of genetics, culture, and religion. And geographically, the center of Afghanistan is just as far from the center of Syria as it is from the center of India, let alone closer to the center of other West Asian nations than it is to the center of India. India and Afghanistan don't even really share politics or relations today at all. On the other hand, both Afghans and Syrians are effected by the same Islamic extremist groups, they are both becoming major disporsas together, and share religion. So yes, with everything weighed in, modern day Afghanistan has more to do with the Levant than it does with India. Trust me, I'd rather be more associated with India than be United with Levantines through being victims of extremism, but that's just how it is.

Why are you measuring India by its center? Northwest India is only a few miles away from Afghanistan's border.

If Afghanistan was more aligned with West Asia in geopolitics, then why is it in SAARC and not West Asian organizations? Can you answer this question?

India is investing heavily in Afghanistan's infrastructure and economy as a good way to counter Pakistan's negative influence there and become close friends with Afghanistan. Indian media heaps praises on Afghanistan a lot since they see it as a fellow anti-Pakistan country. Lebanon really couldn't care less about Afghanistan.

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Why are you measuring India by its center? Northwest India is only a few miles away from Afghanistan's border.

If Afghanistan was more aligned with West Asia in geopolitics, then why is it in SAARC and not West Asian organizations? Can you answer this question?

India is investing heavily in Afghanistan's infrastructure and economy as a good way to counter Pakistan's negative influence there and become close friends with Afghanistan. Indian media heaps praises on Afghanistan a lot since they see it as a fellow anti-Pakistan country. Lebanon really couldn't care less about Afghanistan.

Northwest India is like .01% of India and even less % of South Asia lol. To insist that Afghans can be placed in the same category as Indians, Sri Lankans, Bengalis, Bhutan, Burma, etc, but to say it has NO relations to Syria at all is just dumb.

Geopolitics doesn't always have to be positive relations. It is Arab influenced ISIS that is currently starting to try and take control of Afghanistan, not India. Syria and Russia are also allies, but they do not belong to the same geopolitical category. Afghanistan definitely has much more recent and relevant relations with certain Arabic nations than it does with India, let alone other 100% irrelevant South Asian nations. India is our ally, but we are not in their geopolitics. These are all dumb colonialist terms abyways, so it could go either way. Afghanistan definitely belongs in some Iranian category more than anything.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 04:27 PM
Northwest India is like .01% of India and even less % of South Asia lol. To insist that Afghans can be placed in the same category as Indians, Sri Lankans, Bengalis, Bhutan, Burma, etc, but to say it has NO relations to Syria at all is just dumb.

Geopolitics doesn't always have to be positive relations. It is Arab influenced ISIS that is currently starting to try and take control of Afghanistan, not India. Syria and Russia are also allies, but they do not belong to the same geopolitical category. Afghanistan definitely has much more recent and relevant relations with certain Arabic nations than it does with India, let alone other 100% irrelevant South Asian nations. India is our ally, but we are not in their geopolitics. These are all dumb colonialist terms abyways, so it could go either way. Afghanistan definitely belongs in some Iranian category more than anything.

An Iranian category can't exist in geopolitics. I proposed an Iranian category earlier because I created it based off ethno-linguistic/cultural ties.

Anyways, can you answer why Afghanistan is in SA organizations like SAARC but not in any WA organizations? And why does CIA label Afghanistan as SA?

knowledge is king
11-28-2016, 05:51 PM

This is one of the most correct opinions presented here.

Welcome back to TA, by the way.

Pahli
11-28-2016, 05:52 PM

Nah, this is the real Greater Iran:

http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Images2/Maps/Achaemenid_and_Iranic_Peoples_in_the_Ancient_World .PNG

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 05:54 PM
This is not based off of genetics, mate. Just culture/history/identity.

many differences in these points too

you cant put us all in a bracket my friend . I mean ok you CAN ..but it doesnt make much sense tbh.

Registan
11-28-2016, 06:14 PM

That is not true. Besides Pamiris, Persian-speaking Kulobi and Gharmi Tajiks from southern and central Tajikistan are closer to Afghan Tajiks and Pashtuns than to Uzbeks from Uzbekistan.

The sample Mesje posted is based on 1 dude from northern Tajikistan. He is Tajik (Harappa) on here while 15 samples who are likely Kulobi and Gharmi Tajiks are much different. They are Tajik (Yunusbayev). They're not Pamiri because they get lower South Asian, higher Mong and higher Med/SW Asian than Pamiris do.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l87nGSIYTP-h7m-VKjB-BZcuEoWdz765nU4f_krOdd4/edit#gid=0

There are Afghan Tajiks with ancestry from Samarqand and Bukhara as well. Some claim the ancestry goes centuries back while others have relatives from those areas who escaped the Bolsheviks a century ago. Neatly distinguishing between these regions is not that simple!

Registan
11-28-2016, 06:16 PM
Afghanistan is nowhere near MENA. Afghanistan has some similarities with Pakistan only but more similar to Tajikistan and Uzbekistan than to South Asia. They all speak the same language (Persian), eat similar foods (ashak, mantu, etc.), eat on a dastarkhan, and celebrate Nowruz (although that's more of a ethnic Persian thing).

Nowrouz is celebrated with as much pomp and enthusiasm in Afghanistan and Tajikistan as in Iran. Afghans have their own unique Nowrouz customs like Haft-Meywah, Samanak, various festivals in Mazar-e-Sharif, etc.

Both Afghanistan and Iran use the same calendar as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Hijri_calendar

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 06:17 PM
can any of you make a thread about Tajik people (gallery) please ? if possible mostly Afghan Tajiks

user_
11-28-2016, 06:33 PM
Tajik children, they do not overlap with Uzbeks i think.
http://a.pix.ge/a/cszr6.jpg (http://pix.ge/)

I have seen Tajiks who pass in Caucasus without problem.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 06:34 PM
I am very interested in Tajik people . I wish there were more threads about them

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 06:34 PM
I am very interested in Tajik people . I wish there were more threads about them

I'll make one just for you! I have to finish my classes for the day and homework first though.

Profileid
11-28-2016, 06:36 PM

No it isn't.

Myanthropologies
11-28-2016, 06:40 PM
No it isn't.

Actually that's a perfect description, if we're including Iran as Middle Eastern. These terms are all stupid anyways. We know that Afghanistan and the "Middle east" is definitely West Eurasia, but the specific regions are hard to break down.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 06:50 PM

Thanks, didn't you have a different username before btw?

Demhat
11-28-2016, 07:33 PM

So my proposal was to call Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan South_Central Asian.

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Afghanistan is obviously best placed in Central Asia, but has a thousand times more to do with South Asia, than with the near east.

Economically, you are largely reliant on Pakistan, since you are landlocked, and most imported goods are through or from Pakistan.

Politically, ISI controls every aspect of your country from foreign relations to the Taliban.

Culturally, there's more than double the population of ethnic Pashtuns east of the border than Afghanistan, and not only in Pashtun majority areas either, but also non-Pashtun cities like Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi, the latter which has the largest Pashtun population on earth, and not to mention the 1.5-2 million refugees from Afghanistan itself.

Historically, you are tied to Pakistan,well duh, but besides that every state from Afghanistan, starting from Mahmud of Ghazni has been related with Hindustan and its affairs. In fact, India has a population of Pashtun mestizos, as in mixed ranging from 12.5%-50%, and even 100% Pashtun in areas like the kashmir valley where there's around 100,000 Pashtho speaking pure Pashtuns in themselves. The overall Pathan population is probably more than the population of pure pashtuns themselves. A lot of your heroes such as Sher Shah Suri, also are/were based and from Hindustan. In fact, most of what today is Afghanistan used to have an Indo-Aryan population base, that was pushed east of the Hindukush when the Iranic hordes from Central Asia replaced them.

I have nothing against Afghans or Afghanistan, infact, I quite admire your country, and people. I agree, with a lot of what mingle has said in the thread, but Afghanistan is closer to the Levant than to Southern Asia in a parallel universe maybe.

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 08:39 PM

Btw both Iran and Afghanistan are part of the same football federation. CAFA

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Asian_Football_Association

Not south Asian.

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 08:41 PM
Afghanistan is obviously best placed in Central Asia, but has a thousand times more to do with South Asia, than with the near east.

Economically, you are largely reliant on Pakistan, since you are landlocked, and most imported goods are through or from Pakistan.

Politically, ISI controls every aspect of your country from foreign relations to the Taliban.

Culturally, there's more than double the population of ethnic Pashtuns east of the border than Afghanistan, and not only in Pashtun majority areas either, but also non-Pashtun cities like Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi, the latter which has the largest Pashtun population on earth, and not to mention the 1.5-2 million refugees from Afghanistan itself.

Historically, you are tied to Pakistan,well duh, but besides that every state from Afghanistan, starting from Mahmud of Ghazni has been related with Hindustan and its affairs. In fact, India has a population of Pashtun mestizos, as in mixed ranging from 12.5%-50%, and even 100% Pashtun in areas like the kashmir valley where there's around 100,000 Pashtho speaking pure Pashtuns in themselves. The overall Pathan population is probably more than the population of pure pashtuns themselves. A lot of your heroes such as Sher Shah Suri, also are/were based and from Hindustan. In fact, most of what today is Afghanistan used to have an Indo-Aryan population base, that was pushed east of the Hindukush when the Iranic hordes from Central Asia replaced them.

I have nothing against Afghans or Afghanistan, infact, I quite admire your country, and people. I agree, with a lot of what mingle has said in the thread, but Afghanistan is closer to the Levant than to Southern Asia in a parallel universe maybe.

Any afghan feels more kinship to Syrians than to Bengalis

To say we are a thousand times closer to south Asians than to middle easterners must be in a parallel universe don't be ridiculous dude. What do afghans have anything with peninsular Indians, Sri Lankans, Bhutan, and Bengalis? Are you kidding me? The only plausible argument is Pakistan, and that in itself is used as a buffer state between West Asia and about South Asia, pointed out many times by different members. You say that Pashtuns live in Pakistan, well DUH, until 70 years ago that part of the so called Pakistan was afghan land, how does that even make sense? There's more Lebanese people living within Brazil than actual Lebanon, should Lebanese Feel kinship to South Americans? Don't be daft. I agree with you on the part that we actually are central Asian, but a thousand times closer to South Asia than the Middle East? Are you forgetting the Safavid empire? Samanid? Sassanid? Among countless of other empires?

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 08:41 PM

they also look more like syrians than bengalis

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2016, 08:42 PM

That's great, war torn nations associate with other war torn nations.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 08:47 PM
Btw both Iran and Afghanistan are part of the same football federation. CAFA

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Asian_Football_Association

Not south Asian.

I'm aware. That's why I said it was in SAFF. Afghanistan is better fit in Central Asia, but before CAFA came it was with SAFF. Tbh, its not really that important here. Shouldn't have mentioned it.

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Btw, Bengalis are more distant in culture/looks from Punjabis, than Pashtuns are to Punjabis. Everyone knows that, and there's a reason, Bangladesh became independent in 1971 from Pakistan, because we were too distinct, only thing similar was religion.

Ownight Gavnah or whatever, probably thinks I'm suppose to feel inferior because of that :lol: Bengalis have contributed more to the world than Afghans, accept it or not.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 08:53 PM

I obviously don't think Afghans are more WA than SA but its dumb to mention Pashtuns living in Pakistan and India.

Pashtuns are a tiny minority outside their traditional homelands. Mentioning the Desified Pashtuns living in Indic lands as your only form of proof to prove Afghanistan's connection to South Asia is really stretching.

Sher Shah Suri was born in India like how some Turks were born in India. It means nothing.

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 08:55 PM

1 Azeri 4.06
2 Kurdish 4.85
3 Iranian 6.27
4 Armenian 7.5
5 Turkish 7.57
6 Georgian_Jewish 7.92
7 Assyrian 9.9
8 Iranian_Jewish 12.34
9 Kurdish_Jewish 12.81
10 Kumyk 15.61
11 Lebanese_Muslim 16.01
12 Georgian 16.95
13 Turkmen 17.02
14 Syrian 17.07
15 Adygei 18.21
16 Abhkasian 18.44
17 Balkar 19.37
18 Ossetian 19.79
19 Cyprian 20.29
20 Kabardin 20.64

1 Azeri 3.4
2 Kurd_N 5.81
3 Iranian 6.59
4 Georgian 7.54
5 Abkhasian 7.74
6 Turkish 8.51
7 Armenian 8.57
8 Azeri_Dagestan 8.64
9 Adygei 8.84
10 Kumyk 9.31
11 Georgian_Jew 9.98
12 Chechen 11.12
13 Kurd_C 11.48
14 Iranian_Jew 12.04
15 Lezgin 13.39
16 Druze 16.1
17 Iraqi_Jew 16.29
18 Lebanese 17.04
19 Syrian 17.35
20 Cypriot 17.36

Not that I don't appreciate that bro, but oracles differ ALOT depending on the calculator you use. Now don't get me wrong, you are closer to west Asians than afghans, but to Albanians and Greeks? One of my oracles had me closer to a Chechen than a burusho among other stuff. PCA plots are a much better analysis on where one woukd plot, as you
Can see afghans aren't far off from Kurds

http://i64.tinypic.com/2mewqkp.jpg

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 08:58 PM
I obviously don't think Afghans are more WA than SA but its dumb to mention Pashtuns living in Pakistan and India.

Pashtuns are a tiny minority outside their traditional homelands. Mentioning the Desified Pashtuns living in Indic lands as your only form of proof to prove Afghanistan's connection to South Asia is really stretching.

Sher Shah Suri was born in India like how some Turks were born in India. It means nothing.

Afghans don't consider Pathans that live in Pakistan( the Indic ones who don't speak a word of Pashto nor look it) and India afghans however? I'm talking about the traditional lands in Afghanistan and the khyber agencies next to the afghan border. People need to realise its because of the Durand line we are having this discussion. End of.

You seriously think we have more affinity to south Asians than to west Asians? Just end this discussion here buddy.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Not that I don't appreciate that bro, but oracles differ ALOT depending on the calculator you use. Now don't get me wrong, you are closer to west Asians than afghans, but to Albanians and Greeks? One of my oracles had me closer to a Chechen than a burusho among other stuff. PCA plots are a much better analysis on where one woukd plot, as you
Can see afghans aren't far off from Kurds

http://i64.tinypic.com/2mewqkp.jpg

bro oracle distances are taken to make such maps

dont know what you mean by "depending on the calculator" because those were the only calculators where I get Afghans in my oracle and yes I am a little closer to greeks , italians , ashkenazis than to afghans and same distance to albanians and balochs as you can see there . on other oracles I dont get afghan even

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2016, 08:59 PM

Not my "only form of proof" as I mentioned all Afghan states since Mahmud of Ghazni has been traditionally focused towards the east. Modern Afghanistan thus followed as well. Besides, I mentioned how Afghanistan is best placed in Central Asia. Either way, you can't really deny what i've said, the only way your countrymen do is mentioning my ethnicity for me to feel inferior for some reason, but Bengalis as a people are very proud.

Btw, a personal question, do you think Bengalis are inferior to Pashtuns, like most of your countrymen are thinking on the internet? :D

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 09:01 PM
Btw, Bengalis are more distant in culture/looks from Punjabis, than Pashtuns are to Punjabis. Everyone knows that, and there's a reason, Bangladesh became independent in 1971 from Pakistan, because we were too distinct, only thing similar was religion.

Ownight Gavnah or whatever, probably thinks I'm suppose to feel inferior because of that :lol: Bengalis have contributed more to the world than Afghans, accept it or not.

Bengalis have contributed to the world? Well DUH there's 150 million of you guys living on a piece of land the size of Kabul :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Not my "only form of proof" as I mentioned all Afghan states since Mahmud of Ghazni has been traditionally focused towards the east. Modern Afghanistan thus followed as well. Besides, I mentioned how Afghanistan is best placed in Central Asia. Either way, you can't really deny what i've said, the only way your countrymen do is mentioning my ethnicity for me to feel inferior for some reason, but Bengalis as a people are very proud.

Btw, a personal question, do you think Bengalis are inferior to Pashtuns, like most of your countrymen are thinking on the internet? :D

Why do you bring up inferiority? When did I say that? I just said that afghans are Closer to Syrians than they are to most south Asians including Bengalis. The fact that you got the inferiority part just shows your own complexes buddy, stop turning the tables over and making everything about you.

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2016, 09:04 PM
Bengalis have contributed to the world? Well DUH there's 150 million of you guys living on a piece of land the size of Kabul :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bengal region is the most fertile land on the earth, comparing the dynamics of arid and uninhabitable harsh mountainous Afghanistan to the lush green bengal region is not feasible. Bangladesh actually has the highest % of Arable land on earth btw.

We also have a fertility of 2.12 as of 2012, compared to the Afghan rate of 5.14, so no.

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 09:06 PM
shah jehan why are you bringing up a discussion about this ? he just said afghans dont feel close to bengalis and you are getting offended it seems for no reason :confused: he didnt say anything about inferiority

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2016, 09:13 PM
shah jehan why are you bringing up a discussion about this ? he just said afghans dont feel close to bengalis and you are getting offended it seems for no reason :confused: he didnt say anything about inferiority

But, trust me that's what he implied. If the contributions of my people and Afghans were reversed, then we'd be slaves to them. Even now, Afghans look down on all South Asians for no reason at all, even though Afghanistan is in worse state than all nations/states in the region.

Also, replying to a whole paragraph I wrote with just mentioning my ethnicity, as a counter argument is more than disrespectful, and has no logical base. Besides, when Afghanistan requested to join SAARC, there was great debate whether it should be included in the union because of its Central Asian cultural base. Finally, my point was its close affinity to immediate neighbours in South Asia like Punjab and Kashmir, Bengal is a region 2000 km away, so duh, its not gonna be very close to it.

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 09:16 PM

Exactly lmao talk about blowing off some steam ;)

Regarding the oracles, that's very bizarre you get Sicilian before Pashtun afghan, however what's even more bizarre is you get Pashtun afghan before Syrian! That's one weird oracle bro ! Your the same distance to Lebanese and Tajik afghan, your closer to Pashtun afghan than to Syrian.

1 Turkish 7.56
2 Kurd_C 8.34
3 Iranian 8.99
4 Kurd_N 10.01
5 Kumyk 11.82
6 Iraqi_Jew 13.57
7 Iranian_Jew 14.06
8 Syrian 14.6
9 Kurd_E 15.09
10 Jordanian 16.11
11 Assyrian 16.96
12 Sicilian 17.43
13 Greek 20.08
14 Uzbek_Afghan 20.13
15 Tajik_Pomiri 21.58
16 Pashtun_Afghan 21.58
17 Balochi 21.71
18 Albanian 21.85
19 Tajik_Afghan 22.16
20 Hungarian_BA3 22.64

1 Iranian 6.86
2 Kurd_C 10.58
3 Kurd_N 12.85
4 Turkish 13.11
5 Assyrian 13.63
6 Iranian_Jew 15.37
7 Iraqi_Jew 17.04
8 Georgian_Jew 17.06
9 Armenian 19.86
10 Cypriot 21.64
11 Ashkenazi_Jew 23.05
12 Lebanese 23.76
13 Tajik_Afghan 24.87
14 Sicilian 25.28
15 Turkmen 25.83
16 Uzbek_Afghan 26.04
17 Greek 26.82
18 Pashtun_Afghan 27.06
19 Syrian 28.51
20 Tajik_Pomiri 28.96

1 Kurd_N 6.51
2 Iranian 7.41
3 Turkish 12.55
4 Kurd_C 13.41
5 Georgian_Jew 15.83
6 Assyrian 16.13
7 Iranian_Jew 16.82
8 Armenian 19.2
9 Iraqi_Jew 19.84
10 Turkmen 21.16
11 Lebanese 21.67
12 Cypriot 22.24
13 Ashkenazi_Jew 23.61
14 Tajik 23.62
15 Tajik_Afghan 24.52
16 Jordanian 25.2
17 Sicilian 25.65
18 Uzbek_Afghan 25.68
19 Syrian 25.95
20 Greek 26.17

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 09:17 PM
But, trust me that's what he implied. If the contributions of my people and Afghans were reversed, then we'd be slaves to them. Even now, Afghans look down on all South Asians for no reason at all, even though Afghanistan is in worse state than all nations/states in the region.

Also, replying to a whole paragraph I wrote with just mentioning my ethnicity, as a counter argument is more than disrespectful, and has no logical base. Besides, when Afghanistan requested to join SAARC, there was great debate whether it should be included in the union because of its Central Asian cultural base. Finally, my point was its close affinity to immediate neighbours in South Asia like Punjab and Kashmir, Bengal is a region 2000 km away, so duh, its not gonna be very close to it.

you have a point in saying that he might have had some offensive intend when he mentioned your ethnicity when he quoted you but I think he just wanted to tell you that they dont feel any kinship in any way to your people and is therefore also surprised why you would even write the things you did . (correct me if I am wrong owight) .

btw. werent you a quarter pashtun or something ?

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 09:20 PM
Exactly lmao talk about blowing off some steam ;)

Regarding the oracles, that's very bizarre you get Sicilian before Pashtun afghan, however what's even more bizarre is you get Pashtun afghan before Syrian! That's one weird oracle bro ! Your the same distance to Lebanese and Tajik afghan, your closer to Pashtun afghan than to Syrian.

1 Turkish 7.56
2 Kurd_C 8.34
3 Iranian 8.99
4 Kurd_N 10.01
5 Kumyk 11.82
6 Iraqi_Jew 13.57
7 Iranian_Jew 14.06
8 Syrian 14.6
9 Kurd_E 15.09
10 Jordanian 16.11
11 Assyrian 16.96
12 Sicilian 17.43
13 Greek 20.08
14 Uzbek_Afghan 20.13
15 Tajik_Pomiri 21.58
16 Pashtun_Afghan 21.58
17 Balochi 21.71
18 Albanian 21.85
19 Tajik_Afghan 22.16
20 Hungarian_BA3 22.64

1 Iranian 6.86
2 Kurd_C 10.58
3 Kurd_N 12.85
4 Turkish 13.11
5 Assyrian 13.63
6 Iranian_Jew 15.37
7 Iraqi_Jew 17.04
8 Georgian_Jew 17.06
9 Armenian 19.86
10 Cypriot 21.64
11 Ashkenazi_Jew 23.05
12 Lebanese 23.76
13 Tajik_Afghan 24.87
14 Sicilian 25.28
15 Turkmen 25.83
16 Uzbek_Afghan 26.04
17 Greek 26.82
18 Pashtun_Afghan 27.06
19 Syrian 28.51
20 Tajik_Pomiri 28.96

1 Kurd_N 6.51
2 Iranian 7.41
3 Turkish 12.55
4 Kurd_C 13.41
5 Georgian_Jew 15.83
6 Assyrian 16.13
7 Iranian_Jew 16.82
8 Armenian 19.2
9 Iraqi_Jew 19.84
10 Turkmen 21.16
11 Lebanese 21.67
12 Cypriot 22.24
13 Ashkenazi_Jew 23.61
14 Tajik 23.62
15 Tajik_Afghan 24.52
16 Jordanian 25.2
17 Sicilian 25.65
18 Uzbek_Afghan 25.68
19 Syrian 25.95
20 Greek 26.17

huh ? I am not . you read wrong

only in the last oracle I get Tajik before Syrian . rest you have misread

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 09:21 PM

What do you mean " trust me" are you deluded ? He more than anyone knows the COUNTLESS of times derailing any afghan threads and showing your inferiority complexes, now bug off your just revealing your true colours to everyone.

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 09:22 PM
huh ? I am not . you read wrong

only in the last oracle I get Tajik before Syrian . rest you have misread

The second oracle, you get Sicillan before Pashtun and Syrian, you get Pashtun before Syrian. Anyways I get what you meant let's just leave it at that bro

Hadouken
11-28-2016, 09:23 PM
btw. the weirdest oracle is the K3 oracle . didnt even posted it because of that . the worst oracle there is

Truth Preacher

I agree with this but isn't Karachi the city with the largest Pashtun population in the world or something ? What exactly do you mean by "Desified" Pashtuns ? people of Pashtun descent or Pashtuns who have adopted Indic language/culture etc ?

'owight Gavnah
you have a point in saying that he might have had some offensive intend when he mentioned your ethnicity when he quoted you but I think he just wanted to tell you that they dont feel any kinship in any way to your people and is therefore also surprised why you would even write the things you did . (correct me if I am wrong owight) .

btw. werent you a quarter pashtun or something ?

He's allegedly quarter Iranian, don't insult him bro I don't shah woukd like to hear that :/

Shah-Jehan
What do you mean " trust me" are you deluded ? He more than anyone knows the COUNTLESS of times derailing any afghan threads and showing your inferiority complexes, now bug off your just revealing your true colours to everyone.

What inferiority complex tell me :lol: debunk my original paragraph with facts then.

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 09:24 PM
btw. the weirdest oracle is the K3 oracle . didnt even posted it because of that . the worst oracle there is

Nahh bro the k6 is even worse lmao !!

Hadouken
Nahh bro the k6 is even worse lmao !!

no trust me K3 is worse xD

'owight Gavnah
What inferiority complex tell me :lol: debunk my original paragraph with facts then.

I DID LMAO

Mingle
11-28-2016, 09:25 PM
I agree with this but isn't Karachi the city with the largest Pashtun population in the world or something ? What exactly do you mean by "Desified" Pashtuns ? people of Pashtun descent or Pashtuns who have adopted Indic language/culture etc ?

Pashtuns living outside of Afghanistan or Northwest Pakistan can't be considered culturally Pashtun.

I'm referring to both.

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2016, 09:27 PM
I DID LMAO

No you didn't.

But, alright, Afghans are Central Asians, then West Asians, then Europeans, then South Asians. It has nothing to do with the region at all.

Pashtuns living outside of Afghanistan or Northwest Pakistan can't be considered culturally Pashtun.

I'm referring to both.

Northwest Pakistan, specifically the Peshwar valley is not traditional Pashtun land, only has become since the last 3-4 centuries. In fact, the city of Peshwar was Hindkowan (Punjabis basically) majority until like the 1960s. Hazara region in KPK too is the remnants of the once dominant Hindowan group. Also, some Pashtuns themselves have adopted the Hindkowan language in KPK.

Btw, isn't being a Muslim, a requirement for Pashtun identity in terms of culture, or so I've heard?

Truth Preacher
11-28-2016, 09:28 PM

I'm referring to both.

Ah ok I've met a few Pashtuns from Lahore (whose parents/grandparents moved from KPK to Punjab) but culturally there like other urban Pakistanis and speak mainly Urdu etc. Would they not be Pashtuns ? Would someone like Saif Ali Khan be considered Pashtun ?

'owight Gavnah
11-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Ah ok I've met a few Pashtuns from Lahore (whose parents/grandparents moved from KPK to Punjab) but culturally there like other urban Pakistanis and speak mainly Urdu etc. Would they not be Pashtuns ? Would someone like Saif Ali Khan be considered Pashtun ?

No

Mingle
11-28-2016, 09:35 PM
No you didn't.

But, alright, Afghans are Central Asians, then West Asians, then Europeans, then South Asians. It has nothing to do with the region at all.

Northwest Pakistan, specifically the Peshwar valley is not traditional Pashtun land, only has become since the last 3-4 centuries. In fact, the city of Peshwar was Hindkowan (Punjabis basically) majority until like the 1960s. Hazara region in KPK too is the remnants of the once dominant Hindowan group. Also, some Pashtuns themselves have adopted the Hindkowan language in KPK.

Btw, isn't being a Muslim, a requirement for Pashtun identity in terms of culture, or so I've heard?

KPK and eastern Afg were Indic only in ancient times. I don't see how that's relevant to 2016.

Peshawar was referred to as an Afghan city during the wars against the Sikhs. It got Hindko influence later and then became Pashtun again.

I'm not going to list every district in KPK. When I'm referring to KPK in this context, its obvious I'm excluding the Dardic and Hindko parts of it.

There is no official requirement to who a Pashtun is. Its pretty obvious what makes a Pashtun a Pashtun.

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2016, 09:37 PM
KPK and eastern Afg were Indic only in ancient times. I don't see how that's relevant to 2016.

Peshawar was referred to as an Afghan city during the wars against the Sikhs. It got Hindko influence later and then became Pashtun again.

I'm not going to list every district in KPK. When I'm referring to KPK in this context, its obvious I'm excluding the Dardic and Hindko parts of it.

There is no official requirement to who a Pashtun is. Its pretty obvious what makes a Pashtun a Pashtun.

Also, last question before I leave the thread.

Why are pure Pashtuns who settled in the Punjab and Sindh not considered Pashtun, but Farsi speaking Pashtuns from Kabul are?

Mingle
11-28-2016, 09:37 PM

Pashtuns that stay connected with their culture and identity but live outside their homeland are Pashtun but those wannabe Pashtuns from South Asia who claim they are Pashtun cause their great-great (x5) grandfather was Pashtun aren't Pashtun. I've actually met many of those types. Don't know so many of them exist.

Saif Ali Khan is an Indian.

Mingle
11-28-2016, 09:39 PM
Also, last question before I leave the thread.

Why are pure Pashtuns who settled in the Punjab and Sindh not considered Pashtun, but Farsi speaking Pashtuns from Kabul are?

I consider the Pashtuns of Mianwali, Attock, and Hazara to be Pashtun e.g. Imran Khan.

Shah-Jehan
11-28-2016, 09:44 PM
I consider the Pashtuns of Mianwali, Attock, and Hazara to be Pashtun e.g. Imran Khan.

Sorry, I'm extending my stay, but a lot of your compatriots like Ownight Gavnah who's not even fully Pashtun himself, don't consider them Pashtun :lol:

and also, Pathans who are descendants of century old pashtuns don't consider themselves Afghans or Pashtuns at all, and "Pathan" mainly refers to their caste (yes Muslims in South Asia have castes), its not an ethnic title. It only gets a bit complicated when Pashtuns/Pakhtuns are also referred to as Pathans in the Urdu language by others.

Profileid
11-28-2016, 11:47 PM
Actually that's a perfect description, if we're including Iran as Middle Eastern. These terms are all stupid anyways. We know that Afghanistan and the "Middle east" is definitely West Eurasia, but the specific regions are hard to break down.

Afghanistan isn't part of the middle east.

Myanthropologies
11-29-2016, 02:24 AM
Afghanistan isn't part of the middle east.

The Middle East is a make believe idea anyways

Myanthropologies
11-29-2016, 02:31 AM
Sorry, I'm extending my stay, but a lot of your compatriots like Ownight Gavnah who's not even fully Pashtun himself, don't consider them Pashtun :lol:

and also, Pathans who are descendants of century old pashtuns don't consider themselves Afghans or Pashtuns at all, and "Pathan" mainly refers to their caste (yes Muslims in South Asia have castes), its not an ethnic title. It only gets a bit complicated when Pashtuns/Pakhtuns are also referred to as Pathans in the Urdu language by others.

LOL you sound way too desperate to tie pashtuns to indians that you even go as far as discrediting other Afghan members for being half Afghan Tajik, which is virtually the same thing and is 100x less alien than South Asians are. Using your own logic, you would hurt any chance of you being able to claim yourself as pashtun or persian if you belittle a half pashtun and half tajik, when you (probably) only have like one pashtun or persian great grandparent.

I have nothing against south asians, and I actually believe that high caste indians and Bengalis have some pashtun and persian ancestry, but they are not pashtuns or persians. Why are you so obsessed with a culture you don't even know the langauge of and probably didn't even know existed until you came on the internet?

Afghanistan is not South Asia and belongs to a greater Iranian category, which ultimately belongs to west-central asia. Nobody is denying south asian influence, but South asian Iranic wannabism is annoying.