PDA

View Full Version : Greater Switzerland Just Might Take Off

Electronic God-Man
10-07-2010, 02:28 AM
The Swiss far-right wants to expand the country by annexing German, French, Austrian and Italian border regions, reports Gazeta Wyborcza. The Swiss People’s Party (SVP) floated the idea in June but only now has submitted a draft proposal calling for necessary changes to the constitution to make the enlargement possible. The regions in question are the German state of Baden Württemberg, French departments Alsace, Savoy, Jura and Ain, Italian provinces Aosta, Como, Varese and Bozen and the Austrian province of Vorarlberg.

If the SVP plan were implemented, Switzerland’s population would increase by 17 million (it currently stands at 7 million) with Stuttgart becoming its largest city. “We should facilitate integration of these regions which are suffering under the rule of the European political class that has no interest in them whatsoever. Their citizens have been looking jealously at our self-governing state and long for a democracy with human face”, explain SVP politicians.

The Swiss authorities have not commented on the proposal which nevertheless caused much glee in the German embassy in Bern. Its employees are said to have been wondering when the Swiss will “start demanding access to the sea”. Their good humours disappeared at seeing the results of a poll conducted by the Swiss weekly Weltwoche. It showed that 63% of nearly 1,800 German, Italian and Austrian polled living in the border regions said they were in favour of joining Switzerland. Hardly surprising considering the fact that salaries in Switzerland are much higher than in, for example, Germany and that Germans already constitute a majority of lecturers at many Swiss universities.

Source (http://www.presseurop.eu/en/content/news-brief/299141-greater-switzerland-just-might-take)

http://europenews.dk/files/GrossSchweiz.png

poiuytrewq0987
10-07-2010, 02:54 AM
Bahaha yes!!!

Loddfafner
10-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Switzerland über alles and all that. They need a little lebensraum of their own. I can definitely see it. But why are they so carefully skirting around the most obvious candidate for annexation, Liechtenstein? Can't they digest its chocolate-covered gold bullion?

Óttar
10-07-2010, 04:18 AM
:eek:

It will never happen. That would just be too cool. I would support Elsass (my German great-grandparents were from there) going back to a German speaking territory.

Things happen too slowly and world events are too lacklustre. Napoleon didn't need the consent of the "international community" to make cool shit happen.

Groenewolf
10-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Napoleon didn't need the consent of the "international community" to make cool shit happen.

But he also tried to integrate his family with the settled royal families of Europe. By among things trying to get their daughters to marry him and the other males of his family.

SwordoftheVistula
10-07-2010, 04:45 AM
Switzerland über alles and all that. They need a little lebensraum of their own. I can definitely see it. But why are they so carefully skirting around the most obvious candidate for annexation, Liechtenstein? Can't they digest its chocolate-covered gold bullion?

Liechtenstein is probably happy as they are. The other surrounding countries are not as well run, so people would be more interested in joining Switzerland.

Groenewolf
10-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Liechtenstein is probably happy as they are. The other surrounding countries are not as well run, so people would be more interested in joining Switzerland.

Liechtenstein already have many ties with Switzerland, but indeed I doubt that they want it to become even closer.

The Ripper
10-07-2010, 05:29 AM
“We should facilitate integration of these regions which are suffering under the rule of the European political class that has no interest in them whatsoever. Their citizens have been looking jealously at our self-governing state and long for a democracy with human face”, explain SVP politicians.

The Swiss authorities have not commented on the proposal which nevertheless caused much glee in the German embassy in Bern. Its employees are said to have been wondering when the Swiss will “start demanding access to the sea”. Their good humours disappeared at seeing the results of a poll conducted by the Swiss weekly Weltwoche. It showed that 63% of nearly 1,800 German, Italian and Austrian polled living in the border regions said they were in favour of joining Switzerland.

Bwahaha, Swiss Powa! This is just too good. :D

I'm all in favour of becoming a vassal state of Almighty Confederatio Helvetica.

The Lawspeaker
10-07-2010, 04:28 PM
If Rutte I fucks up we might just as well ask the Swiss for membership of the Confoederatio Helvetica for the time being. :D

RoyBatty
10-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Source (http://www.presseurop.eu/en/content/news-brief/299141-greater-switzerland-just-might-take)

http://europenews.dk/files/GrossSchweiz.png

If I were living in Germany or France the choice would be obvious. Join the Schweiz and get the hell out of the EU!!! :D

Wyn
10-07-2010, 05:31 PM
If I were living in Germany or France the choice would be obvious. Join the Schweiz and get the hell out of the EU!!! :D

It really wouldn't be a bad thing for the Germans living in those areas. Germany has been ruthlessly carved up so much that the idea of a German state is pretty meaningless as things stand anyway; they wouldn't exactly be betraying their ancestors or anything. No-brainer. :thumb001:

Liffrea
10-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I remember watching French and Swiss fighter planes playing games with each other not far from the Swiss border when I was on my way out of Switzerland, all good natured I’m sure but excellent practise.

This plan gets the Swiss Tony seal of approval:

r_E0ZF2uIKs:thumb001: