PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Govt Joins X Factor Immigration Row

Æscwyn
10-07-2010, 02:31 PM
The Scottish Government has joined efforts to allow X Factor contestant Gamu Nhengu to stay in the United Kingdom.

Scotland's external affairs minister, Fiona Hyslop MSP, has written to immigration minister Damian Green to urge him to think again over the 18-year-old's deportation order.

Immigration is not devolved to the Scottish Parliament and so is a matter for Whitehall.

In her letter, Ms Hyslop states: "The external affairs minister is writing to the Home Secretary Theresa May, to ask the UK Border Agency to look at Gamu's case very carefully and consider what options are available to allow Gamu to stay in Scotland.

"Gamu has demonstrated that she is a hugely talented singer and a great asset to Scotland and the country's music scene.

"She has already won the hearts of many Scots, who wish her to remain in Scotland."

Gamu came to Britain five years ago and was allowed to stay while her mother, Nokuthula Ngazana, completed her university studies but the visa has now run out.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101007/ten-scottish-govt-joins-x-factor-immigra-8a3eada.html

Apparently all that visa-expired immigrants have to do to get indefinite leave to remain in the UK these days is audition on the X Factor. A crowd of brain-addled TV-obsessed morons will quickly gather in support.

British and Proud
10-09-2010, 03:03 PM
This makes me so angry!

I cannot help but believe the whole thing to be contrived to make the sheeple believe our immigration laws are too tough, and so that they sympathise with deportees. I wonder if this could also set a legal precedent?

Raikaswinþs
10-09-2010, 03:46 PM
claps for the Scottish people. by all accounts my favourite Brits (and I do love all Brits).

on the other hand, I think border control should be tougher, and Integration of the foreigners should Include Assimilation. Nothing I can't withstand less than seeing a crowd of furious religious Muslims, screaming hateful consigns about collectives of people (such as LGTB, christians or Atheists) and promoting violence and chaos whilst authorities do Nothing because of "respect to minorities" . Fucking contradictions, so people shoul'd respect minorities rights such as LGTB, buddhists, atheists or jews but if you're a Muslim radical or a crazy creationist or new born christian you can Bash and hate and attack whoever the fuck you want and get free tickets for that?

NO SIR, not here! We have some rules here, and our own morals. If you don't like them GTFO

perikolez
10-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Will scotish government help zimbawean nathional football trainer:mad:?.

http://nehandaradio.com/2010/10/06/zimbabwe-deport-national-soccer-team-coach/

What about british that have had to scape from Zimbabwe after violent ocupation of their lands?,

Zimbawe export millions of illegal inmigrants to South Africa or UK ,but when you are there , you have to follow strictly their inmigration laws , and you cant own zimbawean lands , and you are discriminated by the zimbaweans:mad:.

Graham
10-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Simon Cowell has more power than the Scottish government has on this issue :P. she'll probably be back.

Liffrea
10-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Fionnlagh
Simon Cowell has more power than the Scottish government has on this issue

No need for the tongue icon, what you wrote has more than a grain of truth. Sheeple (that’s the majority) follow the opinion formers.

As I understand it the girls mother is being investigated for benefit fraud, £16,000 I believe is the sum mentioned she has conned out of taxpayers, probably the same ones now camped outside her house bleating about her “rights”.

RoyBatty
10-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Scotland could just declare independence and take their wogs with them. Everybody's a winner.