PDA

View Full Version : Finns are the worst drivers in the Nordic area

Eldritch
10-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Study: Finns Worst Drivers among Nordics

http://yle.fi/ecepic/archive/00335/auto_hybridi_poltto_335504b.jpg

Drunk driving, dozing at the wheel and using a mobile phone are some of the worst habits of Finnish drivers. A Nordic driving study finds that Finland and Denmark are at the bottom of the league in terms of traffic safety.

For their part, Norway and Sweden come out best in the Nordic area.

Research shows some 17 percent of Finnish male drivers have at some time doubted whether they are over the legal alcohol limit. This is double the number in Norway and Sweden. Despite this, Finns oppose the use of alcohol locks in cars more than their Nordic neighbours.

Finns are also more prone to gabbing on the phone when at the wheel. Only 14 percent of Finnish respondents said they never speak on the phone while driving. In other Nordic countries this figure was between 28 and 49 percent.

The Nordic Road Safety Council carried out its survey last spring, interviewing some 5,200 people, some 2,000 of them Finns.

Link. (http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2010/10/study_finns_worst_drivers_among_nordics_2035242.ht ml)

Well, at least they included us in the Nordic area. Hallelujah O joy and fulfillment! :pray:

Treffie
10-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Are Finns Nordic? Really, are they?

:angel

The Ripper
10-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Karl must be jealous, by all rights, its the Estonians who are the worst drivers among teh Nords! :D

Motörhead Remember Me
10-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Without doubt. Finnish drivers SUCK and I hate the majority off them.

1. No respect fo pedestrians. N O N E. Not even children or mothers with trolleys are allowed to pass safely on pedestrian crossings and if somebody eventually stops be sure that the cocksucker from the opposite side is not going to...

2. Finnish idiot drivers drive 69 km/h on a 100 km/h road as close as possible to the line divider so that overtaking if made nearly impossible. When you finally overtake be guaranteed they will speed.

3. I hate those Finnish assholes who blind you with full headlights even though you are just a few hundred meters away. No matter how I flash with my light to make the wanker aware that he needs to switch to half lights the asshole wanker won't.

4. Finns are dickheads who do not give way, insist on their "right" and shows the middle finger if I stop to let pedestrians over.

But when a two meter angry looking bald guy like me steps out of the car they almost always seem to shit their pants....

I HATE FINNISH DRIVERS!!!!!!

Perkeleen nussikumeja kaikki helevetin runkkarit, saatana!!

Absinthe
10-12-2010, 08:40 AM
2-TMGxC6q4g

:D

Motörhead Remember Me
10-12-2010, 08:43 AM
I rank Estonian drivers higher than kaikki saatanan junttiperseet!

Eldritch
10-12-2010, 10:00 AM
I hope Susi is paying attention to MRM's posts in this thread. :D

EDIT:

Oh and of course the video Abs posted for colloquial Finnish.

The Ripper
10-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Without doubt. Finnish drivers SUCK and I hate the majority off them.

1. No respect fo pedestrians. N O N E. Not even children or mothers with trolleys are allowed to pass safely on pedestrian crossings and if somebody eventually stops be sure that the cocksucker from the opposite side is not going to...

2. Finnish idiot drivers drive 69 km/h on a 100 km/h road as close as possible to the line divider so that overtaking if made nearly impossible. When you finally overtake be guaranteed they will speed.

3. I hate those Finnish assholes who blind you with full headlights even though you are just a few hundred meters away. No matter how I flash with my light to make the wanker aware that he needs to switch to half lights the asshole wanker won't.

4. Finns are dickheads who do not give way, insist on their "right" and shows the middle finger if I stop to let pedestrians over.

But when a two meter angry looking bald guy like me steps out of the car they almost always seem to shit their pants....

I HATE FINNISH DRIVERS!!!!!!

Perkeleen nussikumeja kaikki helevetin runkkarit, saatana!!

It sounds a little exaggerated. You must live somewhere up country. :D

Tyrrhenoi
10-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I think - in general - that Scandinavians are the best drivers in the world - if you overtake a car in Sweden - and there is a oncoming car from the opposit way - that car goes out of the way for you!

- That's fucking great ! -

Matritensis
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't know if Finns are so terrible as drivers,but they sure have very slow reactions whether on bike or car...God I hate those middle aged ladies and their bicycles...they are as flexible as trains.

Motörhead Remember Me
10-13-2010, 05:57 AM
It sounds a little exaggerated. You must live somewhere up country. :D

Capital region... You don't have to leave Helsinki to find Finnish idiots. Finnish drivers are, compared with Scandinavians, notoriously indifferent to their fellow motorists and pedestrians.
No friendly giving way, no friendly wave, no friendly pull overs.
It's a fact.

Motörhead Remember Me
10-13-2010, 06:00 AM
I think - in general - that Scandinavians are the best drivers in the world - if you overtake a car in Sweden - and there is a oncoming car from the opposit way - that car goes out of the way for you!

- That's fucking great ! -

Agree completely. You rarely see this in Finland. There's a totally different mentality here.