PDA

View Full Version : (How) will China retaliate against Norway?

Eldritch
10-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Norway firms at risk if China hits back for Nobel

Companies in Norway are vulnerable to potential economic retaliation from China against Friday's award of the Nobel Peace Prize to a Chinese dissident.

China said the decision by the Norwegian Nobel Committee to honour democracy campaigner Liu Xiaobo would hurt relations, and summoned the Norwegian ambassador to protest.

A China-Norway free-trade agreement currently being negotiated is among the first such bilateral deals considered by China, now the world's second biggest economy and hungry for the oil, gas and other resources that Norway can provide.

Last year Norway, the world's fifth biggest oil exporter, sold goods worth 16.1 billion crowns ($2.76 billion) to China and imported roughly twice as much.

"Most likely we will see that the free-trade agreement between Norway and China will be delayed at best, and at worst placed in the freezer," said Kristian Berg Harpviken, director of the PRIO peace research institute. "It's obvious the political costs of giving the prize to Liu will be great."

But some analysts said that China may yet choose restraint.

"China is as much dependent on trade with the West as the West is dependent on China for trade," said Jan Egeland, head of the Norwegian Institute of foreign affairs.

The Nobel Committee is chosen by the Norwegian parliament and broadly reflects the distribution of party power there, with a former prime minister now in charge. But government officials say the committee is fully independent.

"There are no grounds to direct any measures against Norway ... It would have a negative effect on China's reputation if it did," foreign minister Jonas Gahr Stoere told broadcaster NRK.

Link. (http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_norway-firms-at-risk-if-china-hits-back-for-nobel_1449795)

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Norway is not a EU-member but I am getting tired of the chinks and their sensitivities. Declare an all-out trade war against China (with the EU backing up Norway) and China's economy will crash. And then we will see how economically and politically powerful this paper tiger actually is. We only get blackmailed all the time because we Europeans allow ourselves to be pushed around and the Nobel Peace Price should be awarded to whoever deserves the price most and to whoever the Committee damn well pleases.

Having said that: there should be a more thorough screening of the Norwegian parliament-appointed members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee.

RoyBatty
10-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Best way to retaliate against the gay Nobel prize mafia?

Add another 40 years to the prison sentence of the Chink "human rights fighter". That'll send the liberals a useful message.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2010, 08:51 PM

Add another 40 years to the prison sentence of the Chink "human rights fighter". That'll send the liberals a useful message.
You only have a hatred for the West. I am tired of some Being triad interfering in the workings of a Committee in Norway and pushing around Europeans.

RoyBatty
10-08-2010, 08:54 PM
You only have a hatred for the West. I am tired of some Being triad interfering in the workings of a Committee in Norway and pushing around Europeans.

I hates da West because the Nobel Prize mafia are a bunch of queer hypocrites? Righhtttttt...

You carry on son. :cool: :thumbs up

Perhaps one day you'll manage to pull your head out of your a$$ and figure out that "The West" and Liberal PC NWO scum aren't necessarily the same thing.

Then again.... judging by your current mood, perhaps not.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2010, 09:12 PM
I hates da West because the Nobel Prize mafia are a bunch of queer hypocrites? Righhtttttt...

You carry on son. :cool: :thumbs up

Perhaps one day you'll manage to pull your head out of your a$$ and figure out that "The West" and Liberal PC NWO scum aren't necessarily the same thing.

Then again.... judging by your current mood, perhaps not.
Maybe so. But the thing is that a bunch of chinks are trying to push Europeans around and you cheer for the chinks.

Germanicus
10-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Maybe so. But the thing is that a bunch of chinks are trying to push Europeans around and you cheer for the chinks.

I think the optimum word you have used is ....TRYING...:rolleyes:

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2010, 09:59 PM
And it will up to Europe to stop them from succeeding.

Equinox
10-08-2010, 10:37 PM

But a stupid committee upsetting the political system of a stranger people is perfectly fine?

:confused:

RoyBatty
10-08-2010, 10:45 PM

Who's pushing who around here?

Why exactly are these "whities" agitating the Chinks in the first place? Who put them up to it?

Have you ever considered the connections between these "pro-democracy" clowns and the NWO, for example Soros's outfits, the US State Dept etc?

It's all the same mafia man. Wake up and smell the coffee instead of being such a diligent little slave to the system.

The Nobel Committee, the EU, the various dictatorial regimes in Europe posing as "democratic governments" etc etc are anything but "pro-Western". They are pro THEMSELVES and THEIR interests are the interests of a small subset of elites. Not the interests of the white peoples of Europe, the US or elsewhere.

Why is this so hard to understand? :confused:

RoyBatty
10-08-2010, 10:50 PM

Chinks won't need to try, soon enough. They have the numbers. The cash. The hard assets which they bought from their mountains of monopoly US dollars.

They have the legions of engineers whilst the West produces "entertainers", "sports stars", "celebrities" and... oh... lawyers.

In decades to come, they'll have achieved technical and military superiority. It's inevitable when a country focuses on building up its industry and scientific base as opposed to dismantling it and "offshoring it" as the West is doing.

The Chinese don't need to "try". Whitey is self-destructing without them having to lift a finger.

Great Dane
10-09-2010, 12:15 AM

Add another 40 years to the prison sentence of the Chink "human rights fighter". That'll send the liberals a useful message.Most Americans don't pay any attention to these awards. Obama got one a couple of years ago so it can't be all that meaningful except to a small group of liberal snobs.

Norway is not a EU-member but I am getting tired of the chinks and their sensitivities. Declare an all-out trade war against China (with the EU backing up Norway) and China's economy will crash. And then we will see how economically and politically powerful this paper tiger actually is. We only get blackmailed all the time because we Europeans allow ourselves to be pushed around and the Nobel Peace Price should be awarded to whoever deserves the price most and to whoever the Committee damn well pleases.

Having said that: there should be a more thorough screening of the Norwegian parliament-appointed members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee.
I agree with you that the West should stand up to China, but this is probably not the best issue. Maybe currency manipulation would be a better cause?

Groenewolf
10-09-2010, 04:43 AM
At least the science Nobel prizes have a bit more objective standard for who gets them. Everyone who thinks that the peace prize is decided by something else then the political agenda of the committee is at bit naive. I do not think that China would do a trade-boycot since according to this :

Last year Norway, the world's fifth biggest oil exporter, sold goods worth 16.1 billion crowns ($2.76 billion) to China and imported roughly twice as much

It would hurt them more in absolute terms then it would hurt Norway, who make up the loss of exports with the savings in imports.

Loddfafner
10-09-2010, 05:02 AM
China will refuse to trade thousand year old eggs authentically soaked in horse urine for lutefisk. So there. Nyah!

SwordoftheVistula
10-09-2010, 05:46 AM
China should arrest ALL Nobel Peace Prize, starting with Obama and Al Gore :D

The whole list is full of commies, with only a couple of exceptions Lech Walesa and George Marshall. Little piss-ants mad they they have to live in a country without cool things like industry, nuclear weapons, and land mines.

Loki
10-09-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm with China on this one. Norway should mind its own business. It's like a little fly annoying an elephant, who do they think they are? The world's moral conscience? Look where South Africa's whites are today, thanks to "Peace Prize" laureates Mandela and De Klerk.

China is developing rapidly on its own. It will sort itself out eventually. Only a few centuries ago Europe was still as brutal as China is now, possibly even worse.

RoyBatty
10-09-2010, 08:29 AM

The whole list is full of commies, with only a couple of exceptions Lech Walesa and George Marshall. Little piss-ants mad they they have to live in a country without cool things like industry, nuclear weapons, and land mines.

The Nobel Peace Prize recipient list reads like a who's who of the world's nastiest terrorists and butchers. It's an absurd "prize" handed out by an absurd Committee.

Anyone who actually believes that they are "pro-European" or "pro-White" need their heads examined.

At least the science Nobel prizes have a bit more objective standard for who gets them. Everyone who thinks that the peace prize is decided by something else then the political agenda of the committee is at bit naive. I do not think that China would do a trade-boycot.

It would hurt them more in absolute terms then it would hurt Norway, who make up the loss of exports with the savings in imports.

Of course China won't implement a Trade Boycot. Trade boycots are a weapon of Western Imperialists usually implemented against small, weak and isolated countries. The effects are generally limited. It's more of a political tool and often not particularly effective either. It does provide the "Westerners" with leverage in their media so that they can pontificate from their moral high horse to anybody who cares to listen.

China's long term strategy is much more sinister and dangerous than to react to idiotic acts of provocation such as this insult from the Nobel Prize Circus. Their strategy is to play the patient, long game.

The Chinese are building up their side whilst our own side is controlled by our enemies and fifth columnists who are busy destroying us from the inside. The Chinese don't even need to undermine us because our own elites, leaders, financiers, politicians and media are already out there dumbing us down, wrecking our economies and placing us into positions of servitude and indebting us to banks controlled and owned by them but paid for with OUR MONEY!!!!!! :mad:

I can only feel sorry for fools who believe that "The West" (ie the Euro-Atlantic abomination controlled by our enemies) and "White People / Europeans" are one and the same thing. It isn't.

Why would any self-respecting white person who at least has some morals and nationalist tendencies want to support a system which is obviously geared against him or her?

Eldritch
10-09-2010, 08:41 AM

Don't forget Jimmy Carter. ;)

But it could be argued that this year's prize represents some kind of return to form.

The Nobel Peace Prize recipient list reads like a who's who of the world's nastiest terrorists and butchers. It's an absurd "prize" handed out by an absurd Committee.

Well at least they had the decency of not awarding Bono. He has been nominating himself for the prize for years, but I believe this year he actually was among the nominees for real. :rolleyes:

RoyBatty
10-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Don't forget Jimmy Carter. ;)

But it could be argued that this year's prize represents some kind of return to form.

Well at least they had the decency of not awarding Bono. He has been nominating himself for the prize for years, but I believe this year he actually was among the nominees for real. :rolleyes:

True my brother but let's not be too hasty in giving thanks just yet. I sense that the time of his Bozo Holiness will come.
;)