PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise refused to meet Hitler's former bodyguard during the making of Valkyrie

Stegura
01-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Tom Cruise refused to meet Hitler's former bodyguard during the making of Valkyrie

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01244/Rochus-Misch_1244315c.jpg

Rochus Misch, 91, who still lives in Berlin was at Hitler's side from 1940 to 1945 and was with the Fuhrer in his bunker in the last days of his life.

Screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie interviewed him as part of research for the film Valkyrie.

But Cruise told the Los Angeles Times: "I didn't want to meet him. Evil is still evil, I don't care how old you are."

In the film Cruise plays Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg, who led a failed plot to assassinate Hitler in 1944.

At the time of the plot Misch was an Oberscharfuhrer in the SS and worked as a bodyguard, courier and telephone operator for Hitler.

He travelled with Hitler from bunker to bunker during the Second World War.

On January 16, 1945, following the German defeat in the Battle of the Bulge he moved with Hitler into the Fuhrerbunker in Berlin, where he handled all direct communications with the outside world.

He saw Hitler's body after his suicide and then fled the bunker before being captured by the Red Army.

He was released in 1954 and has lived in Berlin ever since. He is the last survivor of the Fuhrerbunker.

Misch told The Sun: "Hitler was my Fuhrer like everyone else's and I was in awe of him.

"I knew Stauffenberg. He killed comrades. It's the worst thing a soldier can do. It was not the actions of an officer."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/4313433/Tom-Cruise-refused-to-meet-Hitlers-former-bodyguard-during-making-of-Valkyrie.html

Pino
01-31-2009, 09:57 PM
and if all goes well when Tom Cruise is 91 people will be refuseing to meet him because of this love affair with Scientology.

Evil Is Evil No Matter How Old You Are

you will eat your own words one day Mr Cruise.

Ulf
01-31-2009, 10:00 PM
and if all goes well when Tom Cruise is 91 people will be refuseing to meet him because of this love affair with Scientology.

I wouldn't meet him now..

Tom Cruise is a douche.

Pino
01-31-2009, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't meet him now..

Tom Cruise is a douche.

I'd meet him, but it wouldn't be for a chat.

Birka
02-01-2009, 12:44 AM
I don't personally like Cruise, but have to admit, he makes some good movies at times.

SPQR
02-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Tom Cruise is a douche.

:thumb001:

I've never been a big Cruise fan.. then things only got worse after the whole Scientology thing.