PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Armenians best to worst: Spain, Saudi, Afghan, Greece, Sicily

Sikeliot
12-21-2016, 07:51 PM
Spain
Saudi
Afghan
Greece
Sicily

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/5084236091_2cc8bd15a8.jpg

Tooting Carmen
12-21-2016, 07:53 PM
Afghan>Greece>Sicily>Spain>Saudi

Hadouken
12-22-2016, 12:25 AM
they dont look (much) like any option you give . they look most like Georgians and Assyrians , also Cyprus and Turkey Kurds (especially Tunceli ,Muş, Kars , Ardahan) to some extent

I dont think it is possible to rank them with your options and make sense out of it

Shah-Jehan
12-22-2016, 03:07 AM
I agree with All-In

Myanthropologies
12-22-2016, 03:11 AM
I agree with All-In

Maybe not for this specific set, but Armenians do indeed phenotypically overlap with Afghans and Sicilians.

Out of these options:

Afghan
Sicily
Greece
Spain
Saudi

Sikeliot
12-22-2016, 03:12 AM
The difference between armenians and levantines is the former look more like they are on an iranic spectrum and not semitic. oddly, so do assyrians.

Hadouken
12-22-2016, 03:13 AM
The difference between armenians and levantines is the former look more like they are on an iranic spectrum and not semitic. oddly, so do assyrians.

iranic and semitic are language and to a certain extent cultural things. not much racial . when will you finally understand this ? it is getting tiresome :D

Myanthropologies
12-22-2016, 03:14 AM
iranic and semitic are language and to a certain extent cultural things. not much racial . when will you finally understand this ? it is getting tiresome :D

I'd say he does have a point though. Maybe "Iranic" isn't a better word for it, but CHG/Caucasus like with varying degrees of admixture for certain populations. Most Levantines on the other hand have a more eastern mediterranian look to them.

Sikeliot
12-22-2016, 03:17 AM

SW Asian vs Caucasus.

Hadouken
12-22-2016, 03:17 AM
I'd say he does have a point though. Maybe "Iranic" isn't a better word for it, but CHG/Caucasus like with varying degrees of admixture for certain populations. Most Levantines on the other hand have a more eastern mediterranian look to them.

the east med component is strong in armenians (and other west asians) too . but yes the CHG is stronger too than in levantines . still language and ethnic makeup have not MUCH to do with each other

Myanthropologies
12-22-2016, 03:26 AM
the east med component is strong in armenians (and other west asians) too . but yes the CHG is stronger too than in levantines . still language and ethnic makeup have not MUCH to do with each other

True.