PDA

View Full Version : Amerindian majority lands

TheForeigner
12-30-2016, 01:50 PM
What countries and regions of Latin America are still majority Amerindian?You hear a lot about mestizos, but the region still has a huge Amerindian population too and some self declared mestizos are just Indians who lost their identity.

TheForeigner
12-30-2016, 01:58 PM
bump

TheForeigner
12-30-2016, 02:02 PM
Brazil would be excluded from this discussion, since it is probably majority triracial mixed race or pardos(brown).

Newman
12-30-2016, 02:06 PM
Bolivia, Peru and Paraguay, they're only slightly mixed

AphroditeWorshiper
12-30-2016, 02:20 PM

Paraguay is majority Mestizo

and Tarija and Santa Cruz de la Sierra in Bolivia are majority Mestizo also

I think some regions of Bolivia, Peru and some Countries in Central America are majority Amerindian

AphroditeWorshiper
12-30-2016, 02:23 PM
Brazil would be excluded from this discussion, since it is probably majority triracial mixed race or pardos(brown).

Brazil still have some Amerindian lands, it's an small territory in Amazon forest, exists Uncontacted tribes

TheForeigner
03-28-2017, 08:36 AM
bump

Peterski
03-28-2017, 09:11 AM
In North America northern parts of Canada, parts of Alaska, part of Nevada and neighbouring states in the USA. Indian reservations throughout the USA.

Parts of Mexican California. Large parts of Central America.

We can also distinguish culturally Amerindian and genetically Amerindian lands. For example in Peru and Bolivia a lot of people are genetically fully or almost fully Amerindian but speak only Spanish and identify culturally as Latino or Mestizo.

On the other hand in North America many mixed people identify only with their Amerindian side.

alnortedelsur
04-03-2017, 03:56 AM

Paraguay is mostly harnizo (60-70% Euro range, and the rest Amerindian) with significant amounts of castizos (people who are between 75-85% Euro and the rest Amerindian), and whites.

Is many light years from being like Peru and Bolivia. Is more like something in-between a mostly Amerindian country as Bolivia and a mostly Euro country as Argentina. And I would say a bit closer to Argentina, because its overall Euro input is higher than its Amerindian input.

Argentano
04-03-2017, 03:58 AM
Paraguay is mostly harnizo (60-70% Euro range, and the rest Amerindian) with significant amounts of castizos (people who are between 75-85% Euro and the rest Amerindian), and whites.

Is many light years from being like Peru and Bolivia. Is more like something in-between a mostly Amerindian country as Bolivia and a mostly Euro country as Argentina. And I would say a bit closer to Argentina, because its overall Euro input is higher than its Amerindian input.

Paraguay has absolutely nothing to do with Bolivians. mostly mestizos/harnizos. In fact i saw a genetic study some days ago and the paraguayans were all harnizos.

Mn The Loki TA Son
04-03-2017, 03:58 AM
Bolivia, Peru and Guatemala mannn.

Mn The Loki TA Son
04-03-2017, 04:06 AM
Paraguay is majority Mestizo

and Tarija and Santa Cruz de la Sierra in Bolivia are majority Mestizo also

I think some regions of Bolivia, Peru and some Countries in Central America are majority Amerindian

Yes.
Paraguayans:
http://www.conmebol.com/sites/default/files/field/image/8fc4154c36277a07197e78843fbe23f4_510x280.jpg
And yes, Bolivia, Peru and contries in Central America like Guatemala are majority Amerindian.

alnortedelsur
04-03-2017, 04:06 AM
Regarding the question of the thread, those mostly Amerindian Latin American regions would be: south eastern Mexico, Guatemala, most of Peru and Bolivia (with some exceptions, as the department of Santa Cruz in Bolivia, and maybe some pockets in Peru), Ecuador (but to a less extent than Peru and Bolivia, and mostly in its Andean highlands) and to some extent the extreme north of Chile and the provinces of Salta and Jujuy in Argentina (not like everybody in there is Amerindian, but that the Amerindian input is very high in there).

There are also other predominately Amerindian regions like the Amazonian region in Brazil, some Amazonian departments of south eastern Colombia, and the Venezuelan states of Amazonas, Delta Amacuro, and remote areas of Bolivar, Zulia and Apure states, but those areas are very scarcely populated.

Argentano
04-03-2017, 04:12 AM
Regarding the question of the thread, those mostly Amerindian Latin American regions would be: south eastern Mexico, Guatemala, most of Peru and Bolivia (with some exceptions, as the department of Santa Cruz in Bolivia, and maybe some pockets in Peru), Ecuador (but to a less extent than Peru and Bolivia, and mostly in its Andean highlands) and to some extent the extreme north of Chile and the provinces of Salta and Jujuy in Argentina (not like everybody in there is Amerindian, but that the Amerindian input is very high in there).

There are also other predominately Amerindian regions like the Amazonian region in Brazil, some Amazonian departments of south eastern Colombia, and the Venezuelan states of Amazonas, Delta Amacuro, and remote areas of Bolivar, Zulia and Apure states, but those areas are very scarcely populated.

Agreed, i would add that some of this "amerindians" will score 5-30% european.

alnortedelsur
04-03-2017, 04:14 AM
Paraguay has absolutely nothing to do with Bolivians. mostly mestizos/harnizos. In fact i saw a genetic study some days ago and the paraguayans were all harnizos.

That's exactly what I said. I just made a comparison with Bolivia and Argentina when I said that Paraguay would be in-between both extremes (and even closer to Argentina than to Bolivia).

But the Amerindian input in Paraguay have nothing to do with the Bolivian Amerindians from the Altiplano, but is more similar to the Amerindian input in the Bolivian department of Santa Cruz.

alnortedelsur
04-03-2017, 04:21 AM
Agreed, i would add that some of this "amerindians" will score 5-30% european.

Yeah, I was talking about general input, and I am sure that they're not as much Amerindian as the Bolivian Altiplano. I know however, that the Argentinean provinces of Salta and Jujuy also have a considerable middle class, full of harnizos, castizos and whites.

And I am sure that northernmost Chile must also have a considerable middle to upper class with many Euro descent people (full Euro or not) since northernmost Chile received some post independence British and Croatian immigration (and probably Spanish too), plus some immigration of Chileans from other regions, who are less Amerindian and more Euro mixed than many of the people who were already in there. That's why I said "to some extent" (at a lesser extent than Peru and Bolivia).

Argentano
04-03-2017, 04:26 AM
Yeah, I was talking about general input, and I am sure that they're not as much Amerindian as the Bolivian Altiplano. I know however, that the Argentinean provinces of Salta and Jujuy also have a considerable middle class, full of harnizos, castizos and whites.

And I am sure that northernmost Chile must also have a considerable middle to upper class with many Euro descent people (full Euro or not) since northernmost Chile received some post independence British and Croatian immigration (and probably Spanish too). That's why I said "to some extent" (at a lesser extent than Peru and Bolivia).

yeah i didnt mean just Argentina. I meant that fully amerindians are pretty rare. For example in chilean studies people scoring 100% amerindian are like 1-3% of the samples.

Ranger0075
04-03-2017, 04:30 AM
Bolivia definitely have an Amerindian majority
Even their president is an amerindian, a very retard one tho.

alnortedelsur
04-03-2017, 04:52 AM
yeah i didnt mean just Argentina. I meant that fully amerindians are pretty rare. For example in chilean studies people scoring 100% amerindian are like 1-3% of the samples.

I agree. Most of those "Amerindians" from northwestern Argentina and northernmost Chile are actually Indo-mestizos, not full Amerindians.

Freeroostah
04-03-2017, 05:28 AM
Peru,Bolivia,Guatemala,South Mexico, some parts of Canada-Chile-Argentina-and Western US

Óttar
04-03-2017, 05:46 AM
There are lots of mestizos and nativos here. Finding a cute White girl is the exception not the norm.

Al-Meksiki
04-03-2017, 05:57 AM
Guatemala by far. The official estimate is 41% indigenous, but, most of the so called mestizos in guatemala are either majority indigenous or nothing more than westernized indigenous. Id wager, counting them, the indigenous population is give-or-take 65-70%

Odin
08-21-2018, 07:30 AM
https://i.imgur.com/wwJZxSV.jpg

Peterski
08-22-2018, 06:44 PM
What countries and regions of Latin America are still majority Amerindian?You hear a lot about mestizos, but the region still has a huge Amerindian population too and some self declared mestizos are just Indians who lost their identity.

Here is a map of the most Amerindian areas in the USA (without Alaska):

I've made a similar map of proposed genetic regions of the USA. Native American regions are in green (they include major Indian Reservations, as well as areas outside of reservations in which Native Americans are at least over 8% of the total population). Other regions are in yellow, and I just made regions based on state borders (each state = one region), but if someone has an alternative (maybe better?) idea on how to divide non-Native areas of the USA into regions, then please tell me. The map:

https://i.imgur.com/ssgTch1.png

https://i.imgur.com/ssgTch1.png

Legend for Native American regions:

a - Sioux (Dakota) Nation
b - Navajo Nation
c - Choctaw & Chickasaw
d - Kiowa-Comanche-Apache & Cheyenne-Arapaho
e - Cherokee, Creek, Seminole, Potawatomi, Osage
f - Apachean Tribes
g - Umatilla Nation
h - Hualapai & Havasupai
i - Ute Tribe
j - Northern Arapaho & Eastern Shoshone
k - Mandan, Hidatsa & Arikara
L - Lumbee & Coharie Tribes
m - Confederated Tribes of Colville
n - Eastern Chippewa (Ojibwe) Peoples
o - Yakama Nation
p - Puebloan Tribes
R - Passamaquoddy, Penobscot, Maliseet & Micmac
s - Potawatomi Tribe
t - Tohono Oodham Nation
T - Assiniboine, Atsina, Nakota, Cree & Western Ojibwe
u - Crow Nation
v - Paiute-Shoshone
w - Northern California Indians
x - Menominee Tribe
y - Cheyenne Nation
z - Hopi Tribe
& - Salishan Tribes
# - Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs
$ - Tribes of the Flathead Reservation
@ - Turtle Mountain Chippewa & Spirit Lake Tribe
0 - Iroquois Confederacy
1 - Inyo County Indians
2 - Yuma, Chemehuevi & Mohave
3 - Blackfeet Nation
4 - Northern Alabama Cherokee
5 - Eastern Cherokee
6 - Muscogee-Creek
7 - Mississippi Choctaw
8 - Caddo, Louisiana Choctaw & Cherokee
9 - South Alabama Choctaw & Creek
10 - Nez Perce People
11 - Skitswish Tribe
12 - Duck Valley Shoshone-Paiute
13 - Fort Hall Bannock-Shoshone
14 - Goshute Nation
15 - Kickapoo, Sac-Fox, Ponca & Prairie Potawatomi
16 - Meskwaki & Iowa Sac-Fox
17 - Saginaw Chippewa & Huron
18 - Haliwa-Saponi, Sappony & Meherrin
19 - United Houma Nation
20 - Quinault Indian Nation

gıulıoımpa
08-22-2018, 06:46 PM
To my knowledge some "territories" of Canada up in the North are pretty clearly native majority

Peterski
08-22-2018, 06:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/wwJZxSV.jpg

Ecuador and Chile should be added, they are more Amerindian than Argentina.

brennus dux gallorum
09-15-2018, 12:05 PM

Only Bolivia and Peru have an amerindian majority

However, these people in South America are very different from amerindians of North America who created all this fascinating philosophy and civilization, even though less developed