PDA

View Full Version : Merkel says German multicultural society has failed

hajduk
10-16-2010, 07:58 PM
In a speech to supporters, Chancellor Angela Merkel said Saturday that multiculturalism in Germany has not met with success. She stressed that immigrants must learn to speak German and integrate into German society.
Attempts to build a multicultural society in Germany have "utterly failed," according to Chancellor Angela Merkel.

"This approach has failed, utterly failed," said Merkel, head of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU), in a speech to the party's young people's association in Potsdam on Saturday. She added that not enough was done in the past to support the movement. "The failures of the last 30 or 40 years cannot be resolved so quickly," she said.

The comments followed a similar speech from Christian Social Union (CSU) chief Horst Seehofer, sister party to the CDU, who on Friday evening declared his party's stance against multiculturalism. "Multiculturalism is dead," he said, to great applause.

Seehofer's comments were criticized by Stephan Kramer, the general secretary of the Central Council of Jews. In an interview with the Rheinpfalz am Sonntag newspaper, he said the idea that immigrants from Turkey and other Arabic countries found it harder to integrate was "not just tactless, but downright irresponsible."

German-speaking migrants still welcome

CSU chief Horst SeehoferBildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Seehofer's comments were met with great support

In her speech, Merkel stressed that immigrants must learn to speak German in order to be able to compete on the job market. "Anyone who does not immediately speak German is not welcome," she said. "Those who want to take part [in our society] must not only obey our laws, they must also master our language."

Merkel, however, underscored the continued importance of immigration to Germany and the job market, especially highly-skilled migrants, and not just migrants who would place a burden on the country's social system.

She pointed out that every year, 200,000 Germans retired and left the job market, and weren't replaced – which could lead to companies leaving Germany due to labor shortages.

Merkel said, however, that older German workers should not be overlooked in favor of immigrant laborers, adding that immigrants should not be considered "until we have done all we can to help our own people to become qualified and give them a chance."

Merkel said immigrants already living in Germany must do more to integrate into German society, recalling recent comments by President Christian Wulff. Two weeks ago, in a speech to mark 20 years of German unity, Wulff said Islam was now a part of Germany.

"[Islam] is a part of Germany – this is evident, and not just with soccer player [Mesut] Oezil," she said, referring to the Turkish-born member of Germany's national team.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,6118859,00.html

poiuytrewq0987
10-16-2010, 08:02 PM
More should be done to help Turks and other immigrants to integrate and become German by the ways of teaching German culture and language.

Svanhild
10-16-2010, 08:18 PM
More should be done to help Turks and other immigrants to integrate and become German by the ways of teaching German culture and language.
Assimiliation is slow genocide. We need to get rid of them. Truth be told, I don't want them integrated. I want them out.

la bombe
10-16-2010, 08:30 PM
I love when politicians point out the obvious as if it's some profound revelation.

However, this is still depressing:

"[Islam] is a part of Germany – this is evident, and not just with soccer player [Mesut] Oezil," she said, referring to the Turkish-born member of Germany's national team.

Loki
10-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Seehofer's comments were criticized by Stephan Kramer, the general secretary of the Central Council of Jews.

Haven't they learnt their lesson yet? :rolleyes:

jerney
10-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I love when politicians point out the obvious as if it's some profound revelation.

However, this is still depressing:

It's not depressing because it's untrue. Islam will never be "a part of" Germany. The second it does become a part of German culture is when the culture fails to be German.

Eldritch
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Haven't they learnt their lesson yet? :rolleyes:

Who's that? The Jews or the Germans? ;)

Now that's something that stinks to high heaven: a Jew who wants more Turks and Arabs in Germany. :coffee:

Saruman
10-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Who's that? The Jews or the Germans? ;)

Now that's something that stinks to high heaven: a Jew who wants more Turks and Arabs in Germany. :coffee:

It seems rather when it's Jew vs Arab/Turk, Jews are vicious, but when it's Middle eastern vs European, Jews are allergic to Europeans. Similar to Europeans who fight amongst themselves but form(ed) a front to non-europeans, these have their inter Middle-eastern conflicts while being in the same trench when it comes to Europeans. And in comparison to Europeans, sadly, this ME solidarity is often greater than European solidarity.

Groenewolf
10-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Merkel now saying multiculturalism is death, when a few weeks ago she said that Islam is part of German culture and Germans have to accept that situation. And now she is calling for that Muslims integrate. Make up your mind. Or just say openly you want them here and will support no program to make them re-migrate. And also say the real reason you want them here and not some excuses. :coffee:

It seems rather when it's Jew vs Arab/Turk, Jews are vicious, but when it's Middle eastern vs European, Jews are allergic to Europeans.

Almost sound like an old Arab saying I once read somewhere : Me against my brother, we both against our cousin, we all against the stranger.

Austin
10-17-2010, 08:54 AM
This is easily the most right leaning thing the BBC has ever posted on their news site. Thought it had been hacked at first =)

RoyBatty
10-17-2010, 09:00 AM

What they're really saying is that more Germans need to be helped to become more Turkish, Middle Eastern and African.

Crossbow
10-17-2010, 09:32 AM

More should be done...come on, you've got to be kidding. They should leave right now, it is obvious that they don't give a damn. They are indifferent to all the efforts that have been made to conciliate and help them primitive bastards. Always need more help and more information because they don't understand, it is all so difficult, for they belong to another culture etc. When their culture is so important to them, why don't they just bugger off? Of course not, they prefer to benefit eternally from all the support given to them by all those dhimmis. Assimilation is like Svanhild said, a slow suicide of German culture (and other European countries) and poisons the country. Would you like to assimilate two or three millions of Turks or Arabs in your country? I don't think so. Let them get the f*ck out of Europe and never return again.

The Ripper
10-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Is it nearing election time or what? :coffee:

Foxy
10-17-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm pretty disappointed that the article doesn't talk about the Italian immigrants who are there. Surely they are far less than Turkish immigrants (I saw it with my eyes while I was in Germany), becouse a lot of Italians migrated there during the post-bellic time have come back to Italy. But what about them? They are not muslims and in most cases they learn German very good (I know people who now are 80 and have worked in Germany and are still able to speak German).
On the contrary today most Italians who go there (and abroad in general) are ingeneers or have a degree, and choose Germany becouse it is the closest country who invest so much in scientific development. Italians who migrate today move for very different reasons, so Merkel should have said also something about them, becouse immigration in Germany doesn't concern only Arab/Turkish migrants but also Italians (the biggest Italian community abroad is in Germany).

Svanhild
10-17-2010, 11:55 AM
The truth of the story is that the political leadership of all parties in the parliament are afraid of recent representative polls who suggest that the far majority of Germans don't want more immigrants, don't want more Islamic presence and don't want more alienation in the own larger cities.

German media are dominated by a discussion about a rise of a new political party right of the pseudo-conservative CDU/CSU party. With statements like the ones above they try to lessen the discontant of the population. Thilo Sarrazin's book Deutschland schafft sich ab - wie wir unser Land aufs Spiel setzen has been bought by more than 1,1 mio. Germans.

60,7% of Germans want to restrict Muslim rights even if it is against freedom of religion. 83,5% don't want more lowbrow immigrants. Only 9,4% would accept to have a Turkish neighbour. Other results: http://www.spiegel.de/flash/flash-24534.html

Italian immigrants are no great problem. More of them leave than come. And the few who're here have a job and accept the Deutsche Leitkultur. The term is in use by all politicans in Germany. It could be translated as German guiding culture. Immigrants who come to Germany have not only to obey the laws but also to accept the German culture.
However, some Italians in Germany are part of Mafia structures. A few years ago, five or six Italians were shot to dead in a Pizzeria by Nagragenta...or how that Mafia organisation is written properly. Italian mafia organisations abuse the rather lenient persecution for trade and extortion. As long as Italians kill other Italians, the outcry of the native population remains small.

Foxy
10-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Some Italians are there with the mafia, indeed. Camorra from Campania has branches in many foreign countries: Romania, Portugual, Spain, Brazil, The Netherlands, Germany, Russia, etc.etc.
But you said a right thing: Italians - the normal ones who chose to move abroad for work - often chose a country which reflect their aspectatives and which they fit well in.
It's rare that an Italian goes abroad to don't integrate and to cause problems to the guesting country (...well, maybe Apulians do, but not the others).
People I know who went to Germany and who felt bad there came back to Italy or move to more opened countries like Canada and Belgium.
For the new generation I know only an Italian guy who moved to Germany but he is space-engeneer so I think Germans won't be so disappointed of him.

Anyway in Italy the working situation is bad. The scientific reasearch is in a bad moment. People with degrees are often abused. People, in particular the ones with a scientific or economical degree, often go abroad, being the USA and Germany the most common target. Australia is also pretty common, but due to the distance, Italians who come back to Italy outnumber Italians who go to Australia.

Don
10-17-2010, 12:38 PM
If multiculturalism is "failing" in our societies is just because we are managing to defend our selves and daring to release us from the internal conflicts and stigmas that difficult us to affirm that THIS IS OUR LAND AND WE LIKE IT AS IT WAS BEFORE THE INVASION.

Maybe they expected a total learned helplessness in wester societies after the weakening of our defense pillars by linking any self-defense/endophilia-xenophobia licit mechanisms to Nazism, Inquisition, or that legend about the Evil White Men's Unique Sickness called Racism or other daemonizations that only destroys our natural, human and healthy defenses against ethnocide, invasions and menaces to our blood, cultural and territorial legacies and its future.

Remind to keep these healthy mechanism working.
This global project fails because some individuals are releasing themselves/their societies from these stigmatizing chains.

Racista, nazi, fascista, facha, extremo derecha, xenófobo...

...Whatever.

I will defend my legacy against the alien menaces just as my ancestors did during ALL their history for me and mine. Now is in my hands. I won't fail.

It's as natural and healthy as noble and righteous.
Call me as you wish. No longer cares me.

Foxy
10-17-2010, 12:47 PM
If multiculturalism is "failing" in our societies is just because we are managing to defend our selves and daring to release us from the internal conflicts and stigmas that difficult us to affirm and act in consequence that THIS IS OUR LAND.

Maybe they expected a total learned helplessness after the weakening of our defense pillars by linking any self-defense/endophilia-xenophobia licit mechanisms to Nazism or that legend about the Evil White Men's Unique Sickness called Racism or other daemonizations that only destroys our natural, human and healthy defenses against ethnocide, invasions and menaces to our blood, cultural and territorial legacies and its future.

Remind to keep these healthy mechanism working.
This fails because of some of us are free of the chains of stigmatization of self-defense.

For me all this speech is totally superficial, becouse immigration/emigration is due to many factors (also Germans emigrate in large quantity:just know that Germans are the first ethnicity in the USA and one of the largest in Australia, Namibia and Brazil).
It is ok to defend our own countries, but to complain this way is pretty useless. I think that the EU should make a common immigration policy, at least to start to stop external migration from non EU member countries. Then, if it is possible, we could regulate also the internal migration, but for me the latter is mere utopia.
The first, on the contrary, is possible, so I hope the European leaders will do something.

Don
10-17-2010, 01:01 PM
your speech is superficial bla bla.

I'm sure that you didn't even read my words.
And/ Or the "superficiality" is a trait inside you, if I'm wrong about my first supposition.

Come one, good girl, read it again, take a look at the superficial concept of Learned Helplessness, the major sickness of our societies, and how to defend ourselves from it.

You can start here. Link (http://www.noogenesis.com/malama/discouragement/helplessness.html)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness

Loki
10-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I wonder what is the huge revelation here. Did anyone for one moment think massive non-European immigration was going to be wonderful and complementary to Germany? Or more importantly ... were the German people consulted and asked if they approved of this much-promoted "multicultural society"? Now people like Merkel are expecting Germans to integrate the Turks and accept them into German society, after all these years. Is she for real? :rolleyes:

The Silent Man
10-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Sadly, I do not think that any mainstream British politician would have the balls to say something similar. But so what? Everyone in Britain thinks that mass immigration is a serious problem, the politicians ignore them. It follows that it is high time to ignore the politicians and for people to do something to rectify the problem for themselves.

Crossbow
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Sadly, I do not think that any mainstream British politician would have the balls to say something similar. But so what? Everyone in Britain thinks that mass immigration is a serious problem, the politicians ignore them. It follows that it is high time to ignore the politicians and for people to do something to rectify the problem for themselves.

It has nothing to do with balls, I think. She is afraid to lose a part of the German electorate, Sarrazin had a lot of approval with his book and his speeches. Only recently she stated that Germans should get used to mosques, since they've become a genuine part of German landscape. And now, all of a sudden Merkel is convinced of the failure of multiculturalism? I don't believe a word of it, actually she is a defender of immigration and globalism, but given the present circumstances she has to take back some of her words, that's all.

Eldritch
10-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Didn't Bliar himself make a speech in which he tried to distance himself from multiculturalism?

Crossbow
10-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Didn't Bliar himself make a speech in which he tried to distance himself from multicultiralism?

Yes, I thought so, after having abandoned the political stage of course.

The Silent Man
10-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Didn't Bliar himself make a speech in which he tried to distance himself from multicultiralism?

Not that I know of.

Just hope and pray no one kills him in his new role as Middle East peace envoy.

Crossbow
10-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Here is an article about Blair renouncing (http://www.jihadwatch.org/2006/12/spencer-tony-blair-renounces-multiculturalism---sort-of.html) 'sort of' multiculturalism.

Loki
10-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Politicians are several decades too late to start talking about these things. What will they do now, deport all these foreigners? I doubt it.

Eldritch
10-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Politicians are several decades too late to start talking about these things. What will they do now, deport all these foreigners? I doubt it.

Not the ones currently in power, no. But sooner or later someone will come along who'll want to do it, and say so.

The Silent Man
10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Here is an article about Blair renouncing (http://www.jihadwatch.org/2006/12/spencer-tony-blair-renounces-multiculturalism---sort-of.html) 'sort of' multiculturalism.

Strangely, that passed me by. Must be because I don't give a toss what people like Blair say.

Loddfafner
10-17-2010, 09:51 PM
I see a few cracks in the ice as a good thing.

Curtis24
10-17-2010, 11:10 PM
She basically said "We are fucked, but there's nothing we can do about it".

Do european politicians usually make such statements? If so, Europe really must have a broken spirit...

Megrez
10-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Central Council of Jews
rofl

Debaser11
10-19-2010, 04:09 AM
Like others have said, screw assimilating them. It won't happen. Now, what?

Don
10-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Like others have said, screw assimilating them. It won't happen. Now, what?

Good question. History has taught us some lessons about that, like the one of the high difficulty of integrating muslims and jews into our Society.
In the past we forced them to convert (deny their religions), something like -integrate- or get out.
Most went out, some tried to fool us not denying completely their islamics or jewish cults and eventually Inquisition got them with the help of the people.

It worked.

antonio
10-19-2010, 10:40 AM
For me, the most relevant part of her speech it's when she said that, before, Germans thank they would some day return to their own countries. Really German people thank that? Well, I acknowledge German climate could be better, but, even so, what a naive approach they had! Or in other words: could a country get better than a one where it's possible to have a reasonable well life (at least a life better than a working one in their native lands) without even work?

antonio
10-19-2010, 10:44 AM
She basically said "We are fucked, but there's nothing we can do about it".

Do european politicians usually make such statements? If so, Europe really must have a broken spirit...

Yes, here the most politicians can get close to reality about that topic: inmigrants are a problem, but we can do not nothing to solve it. What about massive deportations? Of course, in countries like Spain, where nationality is granted to LatinoAmericans after just two fucking years of legally stance, situation is even worse. :mad:

Cato
10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Merkel now saying multiculturalism is death, when a few weeks ago she said that Islam is part of German culture and Germans have to accept that situation. And now she is calling for that Muslims integrate. Make up your mind. Or just say openly you want them here and will support no program to make them re-migrate. And also say the real reason you want them here and not some excuses. :coffee:

Almost sound like an old Arab saying I once read somewhere : Me against my brother, we both against our cousin, we all against the stranger.

She's just another talking head that says one thing one moment, waffles, and then says the exact opposite the next minute. The old bag should just be put in the stocks and have garbage thrown at her (well, I think this way about all politicians). That's why I've said Arminius is spinning in his grave at the likes of what Germania is like these days- not done in by the swords of the legions, but by the inept politicizing of the German leaders. :rolleyes:

I read this in the paper yesterday and snickered because, a few weeks ago, Merkel was saying Islam is a vital part of Germany blah blah blah and that Germans just have to deal with it. I guess that the German press corps didn't catch that obvious gaffe, or, more likely, they don't care (given that they papers and other news outlets are all mostly suck-ups anyways).

anonymaus
10-25-2010, 08:48 PM

A wedge needs to be driven between the interests which support continued, increased, or otherwise unchanged immigration and multicultural practices and the rest of society. Politicians are pawns of the people only insomuch as they are not chained by interest groups. So, a wedge issue is needed to stiffen the spines of politicians: criminals.

In the US, as we speak, the Obama administration has DHS rounding up and deporting criminal illegal immigrants in large numbers. They've kept quiet about it but it is happening. This allows a normalization of the idea that it's okay to deport such people, and makes the shrill crowing of pro-immigration interests fall on newly deafened ears of common people.

Debaser11
10-26-2010, 01:26 AM
"Politicians are several decades too late to start talking about these things. What will they do now, deport all these foreigners? I doubt it."

Politicians don't do anything. If Europe has any hope it will be from a spiritual awakening that occurs within Europe where such "Draconian" measures would be welcomed. I doubt such an awakening or mass deportation is ever going to happen, myself. But I'd say any strand of optimism I feel rests with the hope that her words are a response to some form of growing European consciousness, however anemic at the moment.

Don
10-26-2010, 10:12 AM

To do something about that , we should make a differential line between the new europeans from the old ones, the real ones.

I insist in looking back and learn from our History. This taught us the concept of Cristiano Viejo, a pure european with no jewish, moor, arab or alien blood in all the generations known, that in these times, were very much and very easy to recognize a foreigner. That implied that the Cristiano Viejo was descendant of the Real natives, based in Celtiberian Lineages and the people who reconquered the lands and fought the invaders, the original ones... so, the Sefardís (jews) or Andalusís (muslims) that called themselves Spaniards, were differenced from then from the Real Spaniards, the Cristianos Viejos.

We could, to respond to that problem of expulsion of "new europeans", learn from these lessons and apply them.
It worked in our homes quite well, implying, of course, Inquisition.
But today, still is soon to find, just by Phenotype, the foreigners in our lands.

About USA and other colonies... Well, the spaniards as well had restrictions to access and populate some territories of Nueva España, and other colonies (like Texas in USA or Puebla in Mexico), to ONLY cristianos viejos...

History is there... and it worked for us, who were a country that dealt with moors, jews, negros and amerindians in our huge empire and never had problems to have clear the restrictions by lineage and differences in rights and caste between the cristianos viejos or real Spaniards, founders of the Empire and superior class, and the other (the major part of the members of the Empire) castes...

If the politicians want to do something about the expulsions or the logic and rational differenciation of rights, they must approach to these lessons of the ancestors. The work is done, with details as only cristianos viejos were allowed to wear Swords, access some works or territories... etc.

Only is needed one thing: Valor.

Karl der Große
11-11-2010, 10:56 PM
rofl

Jews have nothing to do with this. The politicians and company bosses who imported Turkish guest workers in the 60s were not Jewish. Many had a Nazi past instead. Basf AG, Volkswagen, Daimler etc..

Debaser11
11-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Jews have nothing to do with this. The politicians and company bosses who imported Turkish guest workers in the 60s were not Jewish. Many had a Nazi past instead. Basf AG, Volkswagen, Daimler etc..

The politicians who have run Germany have been monitored and promoted by American and Allied power sympathetic to Jewish interests. I'm not placing sole blame on the Jews, but to speak as if they are completely clean by saying they "have nothing to do with this" is ridiculous.

Debaser11
11-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Why don't you go post that shit on Stormcunt?

Why don't you just not post on the internet period.

(And yes, that punctuation is correct.)

Is it lost on you that Germans still pay reparations to Jews? You always portray your countrymen as some sort of victims among victims, but why should Svanhild or Celti or any other German member today be forfeiting tax dollars to someone in Israel? They didn't do anything wrong. And that's even giving dubious Jewish claims the benefit of the doubt. Given the massive redistribution of wealth from Germans to Jews that can be witnessed along with a U.S. military base snug inside of Germany, I'd say my claims have every bit as much evidence (actually more) as some Jew claiming his relative was gassed in Dachau as part of systematic plan to stamp out the Jewish race or that his aunt's skin was turned into a lampshade.

Yeah, for someone that's always ranting and raving about the U.S. fucking with their country, I find it odd that you would implicitly dismiss the significance of a U.S. military base within Germany. (Especially if you recognize that the U.S. is staunchly pro-Israel and that Jews have no small influence within our government. ADL, AIPAC, Morgenthau, etc.etc.)

Debaser11
11-12-2010, 03:54 AM
^This guy's got connections. He knows things. He's a mover and a shaker. Or so I'm told. :)

Joe McCarthy
11-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Question: Who first brought millions of foreign laborers into Germany?

Jews?

The Allies?

German businessmen?

Answer: None of the above. It was the Nazis themselves during WW2. That was a highly unhelpful precedent.

The main catalyst though for the importation of Turkish guest workers was the erection of the Berlin Wall. Prior to that West Germany had been using East German labor. The Soviets stopped that cold.

So far from blaming the Allies we can blame the Communists.

Even so, West Germany still didn't have to bring in Turks. Ultimately that they did is their own fault.

On a side note, the Soviet role in underming the racial order during the Cold War is often overlooked. American desegregation and overturning of our racial laws had much to do with the struggle with the Soviets in the Third World during the Cold War. The USSR incessantly portrayed us as racists, and in order to compete with them, immense pressure was brought to bear to destroy our racial order. American policymakers were scared to death of a red avalanche in the Third World.

Joe McCarthy
11-12-2010, 10:31 PM
A few years ago the ex-German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt, a man who was responsible for bringing in many Turks in the 70's and 80's, had this to say:

http://articles.cnn.com/2002-08-27/world/germany.schmidt_1_foreigners-heart-attack-coalition-split?_s=PM:WORLD

Earlier this year, the elder statesman made headlines over comments he made in a book about the immigration debate.

He said there were far too many foreigners in his country and that they could not be assimilated because his compatriots were "racist deep down."

He wrote: "Due to idealistic convictions which were formed on the experience of the Third Reich, we allowed in far too many foreigners. That was something we did not have to do."

"We Germans are unable to assimilate these seven million foreigners. The Germans in fact don't want to, because they are fundamentally xenophobic at heart."

So it seems the Germans soiled their own nest.

Debaser11
11-13-2010, 04:07 AM
I'm not taking responsibility away from Germans, for the record. I'm merely pointing out that the you cannot overlook American interests which run concurrently with Jewish 'Holocaust' interests when evaluating Germany's decline. The responsibility is still on the Germans to resist.