PDA

View Full Version : Plastic surgery: are you pro or contra?

ЛыSSый
01-03-2017, 05:27 PM
And some motivation video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJi9893gNv0

zhaoyun
01-03-2017, 05:28 PM
Unless it is some kind of major disability, against. But it's a personal choice.

Myanthropologies
01-03-2017, 07:56 PM
I'm only against it if people are doing it simply to look less ethnic. If they're doing it because they genuinely like the way they look with said feature, then it's okay.

Amor Vincit Omnia
01-03-2017, 08:02 PM
PRO

Herr Abubu
01-03-2017, 08:08 PM
I don't like talking about these things as if it is a matter of taste. Aesthetic surgery is wrong when it's for reasons of vanity and pride, which is what it's about in the majority of cases.

Queen B
01-03-2017, 08:12 PM
I'm pro if it is for some major deformation or if there are serious self-esteem problems.
I'm against for vanity reasons, like all those Kim K look alikes.

In both cases though, I don't really care or have a say on why people do it, it is their body, their choice.

Marusya
01-03-2017, 08:22 PM
I'm pro if it is for some major deformation or if there are serious self-esteem problems.
I'm against for vanity reasons, like all those Kim K look alikes.

In both cases though, I don't really care or have a say on why people do it, it is their body, their choice.

I agree with QueenB. A few procedures, like having Dumbo ears pinned back or a nose job, can enhance a person's looks, making them more confident. Over-done, plastic surgery can turn a person into a circus freak side-show attraction.

Marzipan
01-09-2017, 11:30 PM
Against unless it's a medical reason; restoration after an accident, scarring caused by medical surgery or real genetic deformity not all in their mind.

There's a big difference between a woman getting an breast implant after losing one to cancer and a woman with self esteem issues against her nose. It starts with one then decide she doesn't like her lips the goes on until she trashes her face becomes a plastic monster and finds more issues and will never feel better.

MissMischief
01-09-2017, 11:42 PM
If the size of someone's nose is getting them down to the point where they no longer want to look in the mirror anymore, then why shouldn't they be able to do something about it?

I know people who have had image issues and since cosmetic surgery, they have become happier and love waking up in the mornings, why is that something that should be shamed? And no, I'm not talking about the odd "urgh I look awful today" - I'm talking about people who can't face themselves due to a part of their body or face getting them down. Cosmetic surgery isn't done to impress others, it's done to boost confidence.

I say, if something is going to benefit you and your life, then you should do it.

crazyladybutterfly
01-09-2017, 11:44 PM
I'm only against it if people are doing it simply to look less ethnic. If they're doing it because they genuinely like the way they look with said feature, then it's okay.

it'sa retarded to be against it only because the person wants to be less ethnic looking.

how is trying to avoid racism any worse than avoiding lookism?

crazyladybutterfly
01-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Against unless it's a medical reason; restoration after an accident, scarring caused by medical surgery or real genetic deformity not all in their mind.

There's a big difference between a woman getting an breast implant after losing one to cancer and a woman with self esteem issues against her nose. It starts with one then decide she doesn't like her lips the goes on until she trashes her face becomes a plastic monster and finds more issues and will never feel better.

yeah there is a difference : you can hide your breasts but no one is going to employ you when you hide your face :picard2:

Amor Vincit Omnia
01-09-2017, 11:52 PM
If the size of someone's nose is getting them down to the point where they no longer want to look in the mirror anymore, then why shouldn't they be able to do something about it?

I know people who have had image issues and since cosmetic surgery, they have become happier and love waking up in the mornings, why is that something that should be shamed? And no I'm not talking about the odd "urgh I look awful today" I'm talking about people who can't face themselves due to a part of their body or face getting them down. Cosmetic surgery isn't done to impress others, it's done to boost confidence.

I say, if something is going to benefit you and your life, then you should do it.

I 'm Pro Plastic surgery for the reasons you said too !

then it can happen people say it's not good
"your body is just your body you have not to give it too much importance" ,they could say .

that 's right , our body is just our body we should not give it too much importance , very good !!
so why they re against plastic surgery as hell for something it's not important ?

My advise is think well about what you do becasue in most part of the case that is permanent , then if after that you want it still ,go on !

Amor Vincit Omnia
01-10-2017, 12:01 AM
You all need one

yes , me too ...i need reduction ;)

Seya
01-10-2017, 12:05 AM
i would never do that but i don't care what other people do to their bodies. if they like to suffer for vanity reasons..their problem then. i don't like such people therefore we will never be friends )))) but i can't be against it cose it doesn't involve me...

Amor Vincit Omnia
01-10-2017, 12:28 AM
i would never do that but i don't care what other people do to their bodies. if they like to suffer for vanity reasons..their problem then. i don't like such people therefore we will never be friends )))) but i can't be against it cose it doesn't involve me...

Some people can suffer very much for something other people think is stupid
all depend what we considier important and what not . it is not sure that is vanity . It could be a need to fell better with themselves and in that case
a real friend is one who can understand and support you ...of course exist different cases and circustances

Seya
01-10-2017, 12:34 AM
Some people can suffer very much for something other people think is stupid
all depend what we considier important and what not . it is not sure that is vanity . It could be a need to fell better with themselves and in that case
a real friend is one who can understand and support you ...of course exist different cases and circustances

i said that i can't be against it even if the vanity would be the reason... but maybe this people need psychological help rather then plastic surgery..

Casandrinos
01-10-2017, 03:42 PM
I support it if its about correcting an extreme bite or breathing problems.

You can even improve those things without surgery though. Just need to research it a bit and be patient.

People who put implants in their faces are degenerates. No wonder many of them are gay too.

Bezprym
01-10-2017, 03:48 PM

Looks like me and Seya are on the same wavelength.

StonyArabia
01-10-2017, 03:48 PM
against unless they have had disfigurement.

Robocop
01-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Unless it is some kind of major disability, against. But it's a personal choice.

I agree with this, same opinion.

shahenshah
01-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Im against it unless it is necessary for serious matters

Linebacker
01-10-2017, 04:13 PM
People can get if it they want,but I sure wont respect,especially if they start to boast with the fake looks.

Era
01-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Pro. It has to be done right. Most of the time it's not that good.

Hoxhaism
01-10-2017, 04:27 PM
I believe it should be an option for everyone, i see nothing wrong in disliking your face/body and wanting to change to to boost your confidence as long as its a personal choice and you werent pushed into it.

And no i wouldnt judge someone who has done plastic surgery at all.

Amor Vincit Omnia
01-10-2017, 06:01 PM
i said that i can't be against it even if the vanity would be the reason... but maybe this people need psychological help rather then plastic surgery..

yes , that's common too. It can happen that who want a plastic surgery have psychological issues , he /she could be insecure and / or has a lack in personality .
Infact serious professional surgeons try to understand that too , and that's why they could refuse to work on you too. In that case a surgery cannot help you really even if you think the opposite . In such situation is better focus in the real problem and begin with some psychoanalysis session .

however sometimes even psichologists say a plastic surgery can help . people can be different so they need different solutions and adivises ...

the real goal is not surgery yes or surgery not , that is totally secondary i think . the real goal is find a way for live well and in armony with yourself ...if the surgery solution can help it is welcome , if not ...useless insist in that way I think

Pigling
01-10-2017, 06:29 PM
I didn't vote, because it's neither of those options. Personality I don't like plastic surgeries, nor tattoos or piercings, but if someone wants to do then why not.

Marzipan
01-12-2017, 06:31 PM
yeah there is a difference : you can hide your breasts but no one is going to employ you when you hide your face :picard2:

This is sickness of the mind. Even if true, not satisfied with one's own face and others also not satisfied with that person's face doesn't mean they will never be employed. So what if you will never be model or some job that requires a certain look. Find something else to do that are qualified and will be employed.

There are those in such industries that some say -oh she's gorgeous- then some others will say -not my type- -ugly, I don't get it- -overrated-

I find those most consumed with self displeasure has more to do with pleasing others and it's not possible to please everyone.

Or too much free time to linger over bad thoughts and failures. As there are persons born with real physical problems with jobs, marriages, and children. And you think I should sympathise with someone who can't bear to live simply because they don't like their face with essentially nothing medical wrong with it and cowardly and weak, cut themselves open to cut off pieces of their flesh. Pay to be mutilated to look, be a person other than oneself.

crazyladybutterfly
01-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Pay to be mutilated to look, be a person other than oneself.

as if someone's face determines one's self. never heard something more retarded.

too bad that ugly people are actually discriminated , even in school by teachers.
uglier people tend to get lower grades , being perceived as less smart . some ugly traits make a person look physically weaker so despite being perfectly healthy if not stronger than average .. thus being discriminated. physical appearence plays a huge role in charisma , not saying that an ugly smart person cannot be charismatic but he has to do double the job compared to a normal person. an ugly person might be discriminated in work fields where charisma is thus required , like being a saleperson etc.

you can google for the various scientific papers and articles regarding lookism and how badly it can affect your life before talking out of your ass.

it's like being a white person denying how bad racism can still affect black people.. you are not in my shoes or in the shoes of anyone else in my situation , enjoy your privilege and shut the fuck up

Marzipan
01-12-2017, 07:23 PM
as if someone's face determines one's self. never heard something more retarded.

too bad that ugly people are actually discriminated , even in school by teachers.
uglier people tend to get lower grades , being perceived as less smart . some ugly traits make a person look physically weaker so despite being perfectly healthy if not stronger than average .. thus being discriminated. physical appearence plays a huge role in charisma , not saying that an ugly smart person cannot be charismatic but he has to do double the job compared to a normal person. an ugly person might be discriminated in work fields where charisma is thus required , like being a saleperson etc.

you can google for the various scientific papers and articles regarding lookism and how badly it can affect your life before talking out of your ass.

it's like being a white person denying how bad racism can still affect black people.. you are not in my shoes or in the shoes of anyone else in my situation , enjoy your privilege and shut the fuck up

Everyone has problems. Stop being so dramatic, trying to be a martyr. There's nothing wrong with you physically. You've had compliments from what I recall.

Your face tells a story who you are, where you come from, it is part of your identity. Respect it, respect yourself and appreciate it.
I also recall a post you chopped your hair off. It's all about how you feel about yourself, you will dress and groom yourself. Much like someone who is depressed for whatever reason, there are changes in perception made to physical reality.

People who see themselves in such a bad light sabotage themselves out of self loathing because they figure why bother, don't see themselves worthy. Perhaps this is coupled with bad parenting. There are neglectful parents that figure their children play in the dirt and hardly clean them up, aren't embarrassed of their children walking around with stains on their clothes, were you one of them?
Naturally people avert to filth much like refusing to use the public stall that wasn't flushed.

Some times draw bad treatment upon themselves by refusing responsibility, it's never them but everyone else.
Much like I know the chances of you insulting me, I'm not going to cry to a moderator. I chose to respond.

Things like charisma are not physical. This is an attitude, personality trait that comes from within when someone thinks highly of himself.

You don't need a face change to behave or feel you are someone. Once you feel worthy you will dress and behave as such and the look changes. You may still have the same features you once disliked but you treat yourself well then others will too as they wont see a weak nobody to stomp on. Others know when you think yourself as dirt.

jackrussell
01-12-2017, 07:30 PM
it's a free world .

crazyladybutterfly
01-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Everyone has problems. Stop being so dramatic, trying to be a martyr. There's nothing wrong with you physically. You've had compliments from what I recall.

Your face tells a story who you are, where you come from, it is part of your identity. Respect it, respect yourself and appreciate it.
I also recall a post you chopped your hair off. It's all about how you feel about yourself, you will dress and groom yourself. Much like someone who is depressed for whatever reason, there are changes in perception made to physical reality.

People who see themselves in such a bad light sabotage themselves out of self loathing because they figure why bother, don't see themselves worthy. Perhaps this is coupled with bad parenting. There are neglectful parents that figure their children play in the dirt and hardly clean them up, aren't embarrassed of their children walking around with stains on their clothes, were you one of them?
Naturally people avert to filth much like refusing to use the public stall that wasn't flushed.

Some times draw bad treatment upon themselves by refusing responsibility, it's never them but everyone else.
Much like I know the chances of you insulting me, I'm not going to cry to a moderator. I chose to respond.

Things like charisma are not physical. This is an attitude, personality trait that comes from within when someone thinks highly of himself.

You don't need a face change to behave or feel you are someone. Once you feel worthy you will dress and behave as such and the look changes. You may still have the same features you once disliked but you treat yourself well then others will too as they wont see a weak nobody to stomp on. Others know when you think yourself as dirt.

1- my face doesn't even reflect my ethnicity (well i would be atypical anywhere) . I look like I am inbred anyway (carlus xII of sweden weirdly looks similar to me and he was clearly inbred though it didnt affect his intelligence and personality) , not that i think i am , i must have some mutations considering my parents age.
2- i have been ridiculed , even at the adult age, on the streets just for the way i look like.. i just pick the best pictures
3- yes i was neglected as a child but ugly children are more prone to be neglected than "normal"kids .. look it up
4- there are facial traits that one subconsciously links to physical strenght. not mine

Marzipan
01-12-2017, 10:28 PM
1- my face doesn't even reflect my ethnicity (well i would be atypical anywhere) . I look like I am inbred anyway (carlus xII of sweden weirdly looks similar to me and he was clearly inbred though it didnt affect his intelligence and personality) , not that i think i am , i must have some mutations considering my parents age.
2- i have been ridiculed , even at the adult age, on the streets just for the way i look like.. i just pick the best pictures
3- yes i was neglected as a child but ugly children are more prone to be neglected than "normal"kids .. look it up
4- there are facial traits that one subconsciously links to physical strenght. not mine

I don't know how well you know your ancestry or if such parents are biological but seriously, despite the flaws you feel you possess are not as ugly as your feelings toward yourself.
Unless you've had genetic test stating you have features caused by a genetic defect (yes, defect because mutations are not bad) then there's nothing to worry about and not detrimental to your health.

You don't look like him. He appears to have what a fair of royals had as inbred, some kind of over or under bite. Although many have this and usually very acute cases that are not noticeable. Only extreme cases need treatment.

I think you resemble more an American actress. I forgot her name, I will search.

Ridicule comes from different minds. As you say you may look exotic. But this doesn't mean you're hideous or there's something wrong with your face. Also you are very natural, no make up. Is it common where you live for women not to wear makeup in public, if so this can also be a factor. Your style and behaviour can be the real reason but physique is easy target especially when is not ordinary in the area. People can make fun of one thing but it may not be the reason for the attack. And over time people know what works and that it works so they keep doing it. Everyone pick the best pictures.

Yes, ugly children are prone to neglect but this means usually unlike themselves. However, only bad parents neglect their child no matter how the child looks. So, not being satisfied with a child's look isn't an excuse for neglect.

You are female, why would you want your features to correlate to physical strength. Such women deal with ridicule of their own. But these women usually own their physique, don't waste much time feeling sorry for themselves or get plastic surgery. They may have their moments of weakness but then find their place in the world and have successful lives.

I can't say I've never met a person that hasn't been ridiculed or embarrassed at some point in their lives. Some more often than others. These happen with close family and friends to strangers in the street.

crazyladybutterfly
01-12-2017, 10:53 PM
I don't know how well you know your ancestry or if such parents are biological but seriously, despite the flaws you feel you possess are not as ugly as your feelings toward yourself.
Unless you've had genetic test stating you have features caused by a genetic defect (yes, defect because mutations are not bad) then there's nothing to worry about and not detrimental to your health.

You don't look like him. He appears to have what a fair of royals had as inbred, some kind of over or under bite. Although many have this and usually very acute cases that are not noticeable. Only extreme cases need treatment.

I think you resemble more an American actress. I forgot her name, I will search.

Ridicule comes from different minds. As you say you may look exotic. But this doesn't mean you're hideous or there's something wrong with your face. Also you are very natural, no make up. Is it common where you live for women not to wear makeup in public, if so this can also be a factor. Your style and behaviour can be the real reason but physique is easy target especially when is not ordinary in the area. People can make fun of one thing but it may not be the reason for the attack. And over time people know what works and that it works so they keep doing it. Everyone pick the best pictures.

Yes, ugly children are prone to neglect but this means usually unlike themselves. However, only bad parents neglect their child no matter how the child looks. So, not being satisfied with a child's look isn't an excuse for neglect.

You are female, why would you want your features to correlate to physical strength. Such women deal with ridicule of their own. But these women usually own their physique, don't waste much time feeling sorry for themselves or get plastic surgery. They may have their moments of weakness but then find their place in the world and have successful lives.

I can't say I've never met a person that hasn't been ridiculed or embarrassed at some point in their lives. Some more often than others. These happen with close family and friends to strangers in the street.

well my nose looks broken , my forehead isn't simmetrical , my eyes are droopy etc. Normal looking people aren't ridiculed for the way they look like and neither do the mixed people and the foreigners that I know

anyway I cannot be adopted as my mother was poor , at best I must have been exchanged at birth with another child. Can't really imagine my mother with a foreigner lol

frankhammer
01-12-2017, 11:08 PM
well my nose looks broken , my forehead isn't simmetrical , my eyes are droopy etc. Normal looking people aren't ridiculed for the way they look like and neither do the mixed people and the foreigners that I know

anyway I cannot be adopted as my mother was poor , at best I must have been exchanged at birth with another child. Can't really imagine my mother with a foreigner lol

Bollocks. Half the males at TA want you and you know it. You play this game so well.

crazyladybutterfly
01-12-2017, 11:14 PM
Bollocks. Half the males at TA want you and you know it. You play this game so well.

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT'S HALF... anyway I just pick my best photos..

Dandelion
01-12-2017, 11:28 PM

But Italians stereotypically shout at random strangers. You notice the few incidences of negativity from some drunkard idiots at Friday evening.

crazyladybutterfly
01-12-2017, 11:30 PM
But Italians stereotypically shout at random strangers. You notice the few incidences of negativity from some drunkard idiots in Friday evening.

not drunktards though. just plain lookism.

Dandelion
01-12-2017, 11:33 PM
I HIGHLY DOUBT IT'S HALF... anyway I just pick my best photos..

At least half of male TA is single, so obvious. However, it's no lie that a woman with your looks is attractive with the right confidence. I hope you'll find it.

Queen B
01-13-2017, 02:41 PM

You are overreacting. You are far from ugly. And believe me , you aren't the only one here with a broken-looking nose or droopy eyes or assymetrical face structure.
I'm pretty sure I have read more negative things about my looks here, rather than yours. The difference is that I don't give a shit, and I'm very confident.

You should work on your selfesteem and confidence, and stop overreacting. Have you visited a specialist?

Seth MacFarlane
01-13-2017, 03:44 PM
Against it , 99 percent of the time the people look worse with plastic surgery . even though its personal choice , its mainly used by people with very low self esteem and even mental illness such as body dismorphic disorder. Some criminals even use it do disguise themselves

Marzipan
01-16-2017, 05:50 PM

You are overreacting. You are far from ugly. And believe me , you aren't the only one here with a broken-looking nose or droopy eyes or assymetrical face structure.
I'm pretty sure I have read more negative things about my looks here, rather than yours. The difference is that I don't give a shit, and I'm very confident.

You should work on your selfesteem and confidence, and stop overreacting. Have you visited a specialist?

This ties this together quite well. You are overreacting or trolling.

You share a resemblance with Kat Dennings.

Newman
01-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Yes, and I should do a rhinoplasty to look like an actual human.

BaderVader
04-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Everyone has the right to do with their body what they want. Doesn't I mean i like it tho.

Kazimiera
04-05-2017, 11:52 PM
I don't see a problem with plastic surgery, but like anything, some people take it to extremes.

I was born with bat ears and the kids at school teased me mercilessly. It got to the point where I didn't want to go to school anymore. My mom also had bat ears and had gone through the same problem with other kids when she was small. It really knocked her self-esteem, constantly being teased about something she couldn't do anything about. When I was 9 she took me to a plastic surgeon and had my ears put back. I'm glad she did it because I was very miserable.

Also had a big nose. Let's call it dinaric. Not dinaric to the extreme, but with a slight curve - dinaric. When I was a student a doctor offered me a nose job. I questioned him about a nose job and he said he'd do it under the condition that his students can watch the operation. He said in the public sector most of the nose jobs he does are facial reconstructions and/or nose jobs for people who want a more European nose. He said you don't often see European patients in the public sector wanting a rhinoplasty. I agreed to the condition and I paid the equivalent of 15 USD for the operation.

As far as my plastic surgery went, I don't see a problem with it but I am obviously biased in my own favour.

If a woman has flat boobs and wants a larger breastline, why not? If a woman had breastfed six kids and doesn't like her nipples to be navel level anymore, why not? If someone wants a facelift, why not?

Self image is a very subjective experience. What some people find grotesque in themselves, other people might not even see. But it is a problem because it is THEIR problem. THEY see it every day and if they can find some sort of peace by having the surgery I don't see a problem. In my opinion, some of the surgery is pointless and extreme but it isn't ME who has to live with that image in the mirror every day.

TenaciousTopologist
04-06-2017, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't marry a girl that has gone under the knife for cosmetic reasons (aside from a minor nose job, maybe). Don't want my kids to turn out looking fucked up- and find out it's because my wife was formerly ugly.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
04-06-2017, 12:40 AM
tbh don't care

if people wanna do it be my guest

Robocop
04-06-2017, 04:07 AM
Well Im against surgery on lips, women breasts etc..., I hate that, I like natural. But if someone wants to operate somethin he or she truly hates on him/herself, let him/her.

I like everything on myself :D hehe (not egoistic), but there are some ppl who truly dislike somethin on themselves and if they would feel better, or if they would live better in their mindset, if they would have more confidence, why not let them? Why judge them?

Ofcourse that's bullshit and one would say; that's bullshit you should be happy with yourself, but some ppl are not happy with themselves about that. There was one guy from my High School who hated his nose (pure Dinaric nose), he thought none of girls would look at him, IMO he was wrong, it wasn't ugly nose, but the point is TO HIM IT WAS UGLY and he was very shy...

Last year (imagine that, he did surgery 10 years after high school) he made surgery and I saw him few times in city, to me he is same, relatively the same, I wouldn't even notice maybe he changed his nose if he didnt tell me on coffe then I truly realized his nose is different, but he was also different as a person, means he had so much confidence in himself... It was truly great to see him like that.