PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of emigrating to Australia, but

The Silent Man
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
- but are there any parts of the country that are still entirely European? No point in leaving England if I'm just going to have to live next door to bloody foreigners is there?

Eldritch
10-17-2010, 05:34 PM
People who know better hopefully will chime in, but afaIk NZ would be a (n even better) choice.

The Ripper
10-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Emigrate to Iceland, tr00 Aryan paradise on earth! :D

Nglund
10-18-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm more enclined to believe that Australia has become the shame of a forgotten empire.
I've met a fair load of Aussies who were quite Anglophobic for instance.
Go to New Zealand instead, at least it looks like our Mother Country :thumbs up

Sol Invictus
10-18-2010, 08:45 AM
They always say the grass is greener on the other side. Stand your ground. There is no escape.

Foxy
10-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi,
I and my bf are going to migrate in Australia too (we are already getting informations about the various immigration visas).
We plan to go to Sydney. I know that the largest ethnic groups in Australia are Brits, Italians, Greeks and Germans. My relatives there say that there are also many Asians and refugees from Sudan, but from what they say Europeans don't mix so much with Asians.
Anyway better asians than muslims from Middle East for me.

MrNuglund: Aussies have all the right to be Anglofobic if you know their history

Ps: I don't think that you will really go to live on the other side of the planet for mere racial fairs.

The Silent Man
10-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Trouble with NZ, it's full of fucking hobbits. Whenever I see the shire I want to see it burn and its inhabitants trampled into mud under the hooves over warhorses. Sure I'm not alone in this.

Nglund
10-18-2010, 09:08 AM
MrNuglund: Aussies have all the right to be Anglofobic if you know their history

They have no right to be Anglophobic at all, 'suffering' deportation for a petty crime may seem unbeleviable nowadays but it was a serious offence against public order at the time. And if it is indeed about convicts you are talking about, they and their descendants have everything to be grateful as they were given a second chance instead of facing death or imprisonment. Deportation was a chance for them to be redeemed and most of them became wealthy when nearing the end of their sentence. And thanks to The Durham Report (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durham_Report), Aussies had autonomy, and The Empire kept this territory.

Foxy
10-18-2010, 09:17 AM
They have no right to be Anglophobic at all, 'suffering' deportation for a petty crime may seem unbeleviable nowadays but it was a serious offence against public order at the time. And if it is indeed about convicts you are talking about, they and their descendants have everything to be grateful because they were given a second chance instead of facing death or imprisonment. Deportation was a chance for them to be redeemed and most of them became wealthy when nearing the end of their sentence. And thanks to The Durham Report (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durham_Report), Aussies had autonomy, and The Empire kept this territory.

No, I am speaking of Gallipoli and of the II WW :D

Nglund
10-18-2010, 09:19 AM
No, I am speaking of Gallipoli and of the II WW :D

Mwell...that's not a valid reason to be Anglophobic considering what I wrote before.:coffee:

Foxy
10-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Mwell...that's not a valid reason to be Anglophobic considering what I wrote before.:coffee:

Most of the deported convicts were not serious criminals, but stealers condemned to 7 years of prison or even less... But that's not the point. Britain abandoned the colony during the II WW (omg I already am an Aussie nationalist and I have not left Italy yet *.*)

Nglund
10-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Most of the deported convicts were not serious criminals, but stealers condemned to 7 years of prison or even less...

I said that these crimes or whatever you may call them were perceived as being very serious offences at the time. Deportation had a very postive outcome since it took people living in absolute poverty and made them autonomous and sometimes wealthy.

But that's not the point. Britain abandoned the colony during the II WW.

Britain didn't "abandon" Australia, it became a British Dominion, the Australia Act 1986 broke all links with Westminster.

Peasant
10-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Solve the immigration problem by being a bloody immigrant yourself somewhere else. Remember to post comments on Daily Mail articles about how immigration is bad and how England is in a right state while you no longer live there.

The Silent Man
10-18-2010, 10:32 AM
The Australian government has unveiled plans for two more detention centres to accommodate an increasing number of asylum seekers.

It also announced that children and family groups would be moved from detention into community-based accommodation.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard said it was not the Australian way to have children behind razor wire.

The new detention centres in Perth and Adelaide will house 2,000 people.
Continue reading the main story
Related stories

* New asylum Sydney rooftop protest
* Australia's 'toxic' asylum issue
* How Australia deals with 'boat people'

Asylum and immigration issues were focal points in Australia's recent election campaign.

The country's policy of mandatory detention for all migrants without papers while their asylum applications are processed has been criticised by the United Nations.
Child care

Ms Gillard said "significant numbers" of minors and families would be moved into community-based accommodation as part of a more "humane" approach to the issue.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

I don't think it is the Australian way to have kids behind razor wire in the hope that that is a deterrent”

End Quote Julia Gillard Australian prime minister

"This is especially important for children, for whom protracted detention can have negative impacts on their development and mental health," Ms Gillard said.

"I don't think it is the Australian way to have kids behind razor wire in the hope that that is a deterrent," she added.

She said several hundred families would be moved by the middle of next year.

Australian Immigration Minister Chris Bowen said that while the country needed to maintain one of the toughest asylum policies in the world, improvements could be made to the treatment of asylum seekers.

"Children will be able to, and obliged to, attend school normally and to live a normal life," he said.

The government is in talks with East Timor and Indonesia about a plan to build a regional processing centre for asylum seekers.

Earlier conservative governments has instituted the so-called "Pacific solution" under which asylum seekers were detained on the Pacific island of Nauru while their claims were processed.

Mr Bowen said the best deterrent would be a rigorous system of checks on whether applicants fulfilled conditions to be granted refugee status.

Brynhild
01-13-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm going to chime in with my two bobs' worth about all this - as an Australian. MrNglund, with all due respect, the convicts shipped to Australia, for the most part, committed no serious crime apart from stealing a loaf of bread - and I say for the most part. The empire had their sights on Australia:

1) Due to the already overcrowded prisons in the motherland, along with expanding on their empire

2) They were aware of other nations like the Dutch (who had arrived in WA a century before Cook landed in Kurnell in 1770), the French (making their mark in Melanesia) and the Portuguese (already in Timor) wanting to occupy those territories and were quick to make it their own. I'm not sorry for this mind you, but Australia was founded on an empirical autocracy. The Crown had essentially left the newcomers to fend for themselves in a harsh land, so very different from Blighty.

I have reasons of my own for being Anglophobic, if I want to be:

The Gallipoli campaign was mentioned. The British gave the Australian and New Zealand soldiers the wrong topographical maps outlining Gallipoli's terrain. The Turks had a bloody field day on 25th April, which we now know as ANZAC Day (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3957). With these useless maps, our diggers were left to fend for themselves in an unwinnable battle.

Some WWII examples were the fall of Singapore and Tobruk, in which our boys were left to fend for themselves again and clean up the dirty work the Brits left behind. Erwin Rommel gave our boys the dubious nickname the Rats of Tobruk, which they actually wore with pride. The nickname might've been dubious to begin with but Rommel admired the tenacity of our diggers. They defended the Tobruk stronghold for some considerable time before the Brits came back, only to lose it to the Germans not long after :laugh:

When the Japs started to arrive on our doorstep, it was the Americans who actually lent us a hand during the battles of the Coral Sea and Midway. I know that there are plenty of reasons as to why these catastrophies occurred but I'm sorry to say that the Brits weren't what we would consider a very reliable ally at the time - and yet the moment they declared war both times our people didn't think twice about being called to arms.

Looking to nowadays, I've been to both the North and South Islands of New Zealand. I love New Zealand and their people, but it isn't as great as it would otherwise be seen as being. The North Island has its racial problems, in particular around Auckland, it's expensive and a lot of Kiwis have to resort to coming over here in their efforts to look for work. Their native wildlife is sadly lacking, and Australia is spoilt for the wide variety of food that we can put on our table. The plus side to the South Island is the incredible beauty of the Fjordlands and the ski season is excellent.

Australia isn't without its problems, but as is typical of the media, the focus is always on the worst things. It is true that there have been hunger strikes and protests from the detention centre at Villawood, but only because these people were told that after the due process of their applications were rejected and they were to be deported - correct procedure was being followed. I'm concerned in the number of boat people on the increase but they are still of a relative minority compared to other parts of the world.

Sydney is way too multicultural for my liking and yes, there are Sudanese communities on the increase in certain suburbs. But I tell you what, they don't cause any trouble within those communities where they have settled. There are Asians and they have settled in other areas of Sydney and there are troubles where there are various ethnicities living together that include these Asian communites - the same as in other parts of the world. In saying that, though, the majority of migrants are still European, especially the British. While some may go back, the rest stay here, as they know which side their bread is buttered.

There are still plenty of areas in Australia where there are predominantly Celto-Germanic communities, especially those who have descended from the early settlers. I know for a fact that where these folk have settled, in the outer and rural areas, there are bugger all migrants who aren't prepared to live away from the cities. While it may not be the most perfect country in the world, it is still my home and I know more about it than anybody else on this forum ever would. You'll pardon me for not wanting to live anywhere else. There is some truth to the media reports but there is also a great deal of embellishment, in an effort to sensationalise. As much as I would like for emigration to be kept to a minimum, if at all, I know that the door is always open for Europeans as we trust them more than anybody else.

At VOV you are starting to sound like an Aussie already! :thumb001:

One other thing: Aussies are a tough breed of people, because we have long ago learned that we live in a country of extremes environmentally. We have suffered with droughts, floods and bushfires. Currently, we have been experiencing a very wet summer along the eastern seaboard and Queensland has been declared a disaster zone due to flooding. What's still comforting and inspiring to see is how these people pull together and support each other. Those of us who are more fortunate are always generous with our time and money to make lives easier for our folk. I'd like to think that other nations would do the same for their own people but I can only talk first hand what I see here. Maybe it's from our more humble beginnings that have enabled us to maintain our fighting spirit and be generally optimistic because of our sense of community and banding together when times are tough. I wouldn't be anything else but an Aussie thanks very much!

Albion
01-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Tasmania looks mainly Anglo-Celtic, NZ is becoming as multicultural as Britain in outlook though if not more so, about a quarter of the population is non-European.

Hulda.Kin
02-04-2011, 01:21 AM
I live in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney and we are pretty good here with a higher white population. Sydney I grew up in and would never move back there as it is full of the 'multi cultured' and the problems that go with creating such a bubble and squeak mix of races. I prefer to hang with my own kind. Some rural towns have had the Sudanese and other refugees sent to them and are having a few problems I hear from family living in those towns. I'd love so say more but you know, best to be prudent about what we put in writing :-) Australia has far more area to escape to, maybe that is it's charm. I wish you well in your attempt to emigrate here.

Wyn
02-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Solve the immigration problem by being a bloody immigrant yourself somewhere else.

Lol, that truly is one of the most ironic things about Europeans moving to Aus/NZ/US/Can. They simultaneously raise the immigrant level of another land while lowering the native level of their own.

Osweo
02-04-2011, 04:21 AM
My little brother's planning to go. :suomut:

There've been a few programmes about Australia on the telly lately. One special on Sydney, and a few housing programmes where the presenter helps a British couple look at and buy homes over there. And I can't blame my brother one bit.

Motörhead Remember Me
02-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Lol, that truly is one of the most ironic things about Europeans moving to Aus/NZ/US/Can. They simultaneously raise the immigrant level of another land while lowering the native level of their own.

Population replacement seem to be part of human nature.

I don't blame people for wanting to go to Oz. Life's good Down under.

Foxy
04-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I am also thinking to emigrate to Australia. This November, if all goes well, I should come there for 2 months to see how's the life, the work, to learn a better English and maybe to find a job to pay my ticket.
Any suggestion for visas? Is it true that Sydney is full of Chineses and Asians?
How are Italians seen?
I can't wait :p

Belenus
04-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I am also thinking to emigrate to Australia. This November, if all goes well, I should come there for 2 months to see how's the life, the work, to learn a better English and maybe to find a job to pay my ticket.
Any suggestion for visas? Is it true that Sydney is full of Chineses and Asians?
How are Italians seen?

Forget Sydney. It's nice for a holiday and used to be a great place to live in. But today it's full of Lebanese, and they cause a lot of trouble. The poor Aussie locals are always struggling with them. There are a lot of Asians in Australia, but they're not really much of a problem. They have close-knit communities (so there's less miscegenation), are respectful of white Australians, and generally they are productive members of society.

People say that Melbourne is a great city, but I think that's because it's so multicultural. There is a big Greek community there (one of the biggest in the world outside of Athens). I've been to Melbourne a few times and I liked it.

I come from the area around Brisbane, which is the capital city of Queensland. Brisbane is a good city. There's a growing Indian migrant population and a long-standing Chinese community, but I wouldn't really associate serious social problems with either of those groups.

If you like the coast, Brisbane is close to the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. The Gold Coast is more developed and 'touristic' but the beaches are very nice. The Sunshine Coast is less developed and more authentic.

Brisbane has a significant Italian population and they get along just fine with the Anglo- and Irish-Australians. There are some nice Italian neighbourhoods with great restaurants. There's an Italian festival every year, which is always fun. I used to go to the Italian Club in Brisbane sometimes to eat good food and watch football. So basically Italians are welcome in Brisbane. Sydney has a big Italian population, too, but I would just forget about Sydney.

Oh, and Sydney is ridiculously expensive. Houses and apartments are two or three times more expensive there than Brisbane.

If you do decide on Brisbane, be aware that the weather is very hot. We don't really have a winter and the summer is long and humid. But we have a really high living standard and it can be like one long holiday all year round if you have the right mentality.

Good luck. :thumb001:

http://www.redcliffeaeroclub.com.au/images/Brisbane%20City.jpg
Brisbane city

http://shumwaydesign.com/vacation/images/goldcoast.jpg
The Gold Coast

http://travellingwish.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/2128_office_2020_office_mooloolaba.jpg
The Sunshine Coast

Wyn
04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
How are Italians seen?

I have some relatives in Australia. Apparently big spiders jump on your face and there are big snakes everywhere.

Fuck that.

Breedingvariety
04-06-2011, 02:48 PM
I would move to Perth.

Bloodeagle
04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
I always wanted to move to Darwin and hunt salt water crocs and hang with the Abo's.
I would probably fit in better in Nimbin but I would not be willing to leave my family so far away, I'm afraid I would never see them again.

Albion
04-07-2011, 08:54 AM
How are Italians seen?

After the British and Irish I think the Italians are the next largest component in Australian ancestry so they're probably seen rather well.

Brynhild
04-07-2011, 09:41 AM
I have some relatives in Australia. Apparently big spiders jump on your face and there are big snakes everywhere.

Fuck that.

I live in that part of the world which has most of the deadliest snakes and certainly the mostly deadly spider in the funnel web. I've got to say your above remark is way off beam. Don't give them an excuse to be provoked and they leave you alone. They're good at hiding from humans as they are shy creatures in general. I picked up an injured red belly blacksnake not so long ago, thinking it was dead. I wasn't bitten and it went on its merry way.I capture the huntsman and throw them back outside again, although they're useful for killing flies and other such bugs. I've not been bitten by anything, as a matter of fact. I've learned to respect the local environment in which I live. The one time a funnel web came into the house was when I left the front door open and I had nothing on me to capture it with. It was going to run off and I flattened it with my thong. There is no way that was going to be in the same house as me - alive!

I always wanted to move to Darwin and hunt salt water crocs and hang with the Abo's.
I would probably fit in better in Nimbin but I would not be willing to leave my family so far away, I'm afraid I would never see them again.

I've been to Nimbin and they were a weird folk even back then. When I was there I was asked if I wanted to buy a bag of pot - outside a cop shop! :D The local law enforcement couldn't have cared less. Darwin is very tropical and monsoonal, but hanging out with the Aboriginals would certainly give you a very interesting insight into the way they live and do things.

After the British and Irish I think the Italians are the next largest component in Australian ancestry so they're probably seen rather well.

Actually, it would be after the Germans and Chinese. The Italians had trouble fitting in when they started arriving after WW2 but they learned to assimilate into our way of life and understood our customs. Nowadays, there are no problems with Italians at all. As I stated already, Europeans are welcome amongst the choice of immigrants arriving here.

poiuytrewq0987
04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
How are Italians seen?

Why would you want to move away from Italy to an Anglo nightmare?

Belenus
04-08-2011, 12:34 PM

Australia has a much lower rate of non-European immigration than Europe or the USA, so our blood and culture will be better preserved for longer than any European nation. Australia also isn't exactly 'Anglo' in its mentality. Australia has a much larger ratio of Celts to Germanics than Britain does, meaning there's a resultant mentality shift due to that.

Our economy has been on the rise constantly for decades, overtaking European countries in a lot of areas. There's plenty of work. And part of the Australian mentality means that we aren't even obsessed with money or work. Time with family and friends, leisure, and a relaxed attitude are staples of Australian society. You'll rarely find anyone who takes themselves too seriously.

If you ask me, none of the above sounds like any kind of 'nightmare'.

I agree that Italy has a fine culture and grand history, but it's slowly being swamped by foreign races from Africa, which is ominous for Italy's future. I was in Italy recently and the immigration problem is severe - nightmarish, even.

Foxy
04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Actually, it would be after the Germans and Chinese. The Italians had trouble fitting in when they started arriving after WW2 but they learned to assimilate into our way of life and understood our customs. Nowadays, there are no problems with Italians at all. As I stated already, Europeans are welcome amongst the choice of immigrants arriving here.

Reading the statistics the largest ethnic groups in Australia are:
English
Irish
Scottish
Italians
Germans
Greeks

and a lot of Asians...

The Italians that arrived there after the II WW were pretty different from Italians of Italy today. I see that with my relatives who moved to Australia during the 60s and 70s. They are more conservative, I'd say a bit close minded. Not the kind of people I go creazy for. True Italians are cooler :cool:

Becouse Australia has a tropical climate and works as good as all the anglo things. Find me a better combination. I must be honest: also their immigration policy is stunning. :rolleyes:;)

Australia has a much lower rate of non-European immigration than Europe or the USA, so our blood and culture will be better preserved for longer than any European nation. Our economy has been on the rise constantly for decades, overtaking European countries in a lot of areas. There's plenty of work. And part of the Australian mentality means that we aren't even obsessed with money or work. Time with family and friends, leisure, and a relaxed attitude are staples of Australian society. You'll rarely find anyone who takes themselves too seriously.

If you ask me, none of the above sounds like any kind of 'nightmare'.

I agree that Italy has a fine culture and grand history, but it's slowly being swamped by foreign races from Africa, which is ominous for Italy's future. I was in Italy recently and the immigration problem is severe - nightmarish, even.

He's read in my mind. :eek: He has made a perfect summary of my thought. I don't want to remain in Italy becouse system doesn't work, politicians are corrupted, people, moral and costumes beworse each year and to find a job is very difficult. If Australia should be too problematic I'd move to Northern Italy. Indeed I have not sieblings and Australia is far. But it seems perfect from the outside.

Foxy
04-09-2011, 08:02 PM
An other question is this: looking at the site of the Australian Embassy I have noticed that basing on your county of origin you must own from 1 to 4 points. For exemple if you come from an European country or from the USA you must own only 1 point to be admitted and must pay 4-500 dollars (I don't remember the right prize) while if you come from Asia or Africa or other countries you must have 4 points and pay even thousands of dollars.
So to what do these points correspond? And, is this a pretty explicity discriminatory way to select immigrants or is it just a my impression?

Belenus
04-09-2011, 08:19 PM
An other question is this: looking at the site of the Australian Embassy I have noticed that basing on your county of origin you must own from 1 to 4 points. For exemple if you come from an European country or from the USA you must own only 1 point to be admitted and must pay 4-500 dollars (I don't remember the right prize) while if you come from Asia or Africa or other countries you must have 4 points and pay even thousands of dollars.
So to what do these points correspond? And, is this a pretty explicity discriminatory way to select immigrants or is it just a my impression?

Australians are worried about preserving our way of life and culture. For many prospective immigrants there are citizenship tests, English tests, and medical tests that need to be passed. Anyone with a serious illness, criminal record, etc. will not be accepted. We believe in holding a high standard, because we don't want to pay for foreigners' problems. Either you come ready to integrate and be productive, or you don't come.

Of course the Left would like to change all that, but they would lose too many votes if they did. Unlike Mexicans in America, Australia's non-European immigrants are generally Chinese and they don't always vote for the Left. They come from crappy countries crippled by overbearing government and don't want to propagate that crap in their new home. Australia is a great country precisely because it has resisted subversive ideas for a long time and our immigrants tend to understand that, I suspect.

So basically, I imagine the points correspond with socioeconomic similitude. People from countries with which we have long-standing dealings and cultural exchange can be assumed to integrate smoothly, whereas those of a radically foreign background naturally require more than a single generation, and must therefore obtain more points before being allowed to immigrate.

And of course immigrating to Australia isn't cheap. We don't want just anyone coming in off the boat to become economic dead weight.

Óttar
04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
And, is this a pretty explicity discriminatory way to select immigrants or is it just a my impression?
In India they boot out foreigners after six months. Then you must be out of country for at least two months before coming back in.

For entry to the Victoria Museum in Calcutta, citizens pay 25c and foreigners pay $2.50. They even make foreigners use a separate entrance! :eek: (to be fair, they also make different sorts of Indian students use separate entrances at their engineering institutes.)

They also won't allow me to buy property or a plantation unless I marry an Indian chick. Man, I was really looking forward to having some sugar-cane slaves. :( :pout: :p

Belenus
04-09-2011, 08:46 PM
In India they boot out foreigners after six months. Then you must be out of country for at least two months before coming back in.

Yeah, in Australia before you get your permanent residency you have to leave the country and re-enter. Most people go to New Zealand to the Australian embassy to get their passports stamped, then return. It's not too expensive a trip, but it's still another hurdle for anyone wanting to immigrate.

Visa costs, plus airfares, plus going to NZ and back adds up to a fair bit of money, which keeps out the really poor immigrants from the third world.

Foxy
04-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Australians are worried about preserving our way of life and culture. For many prospective immigrants there are citizenship tests, English tests, and medical tests that need to be passed. Anyone with a serious illness, criminal record, etc. will not be accepted. We believe in holding a high standard, because we don't want to pay for foreigners' problems. Either you come ready to integrate and be productive, or you don't come.

Of course the Left would like to change all that, but they would lose too many votes if they did. Unlike Mexicans in America, Australia's non-European immigrants are generally Chinese and they don't always vote for the Left. They come from crappy countries crippled by overbearing government and don't want to propagate that crap in their new home. Australia is a great country precisely because it has resisted subversive ideas for a long time and our immigrants tend to understand that, I suspect.

So basically, I imagine the points correspond with socioeconomic similitude. People from countries with which we have long-standing dealings and cultural exchange can be assumed to integrate smoothly, whereas those of a radically foreign background naturally require more than a single generation, and must therefore obtain more points before being allowed to immigrate.

And of course immigrating to Australia isn't cheap. We don't want just anyone coming in off the boat to become economic dead weight.

I agree with this policy. It's very wisdom. In Italy it seems that we are not allowed to take such a decision: for exemple we have been forced by the EU to accept these Moroccans from Maghreb while almost no Italian wants them here. Northern Italy is full of them and people in some zones are scared even to put a foot out of home. Italy's geographical position doesn't help at all.

I have a clean conscience so I could not be against the Australian policy becouse I know that I am going there to work and to integrate and not to pollute the streets or to "Italianize" your culture. About the medical records what to say? It is very good. Again I must put the exemple of Italy: Italy has the problem that we are too much people compared to the land and our justice system works bad. People who want to immigrate in Europe and commit crimes know that in Italy is easier. After the War in Kosovo in Italy arrived many Albanians and many Albanian criminals too. There has been a period here that to say "Albanian" means "stealer" and "drug seller". Today lucky is not so anymore.

Also the decision to make medical tests is ok. I think it is not required to Europeans. From what I know the 1 point we have to own is just a good knowledge of English. But even when it were required I would do it becouse it is not good to export diseases.

Brynhild
04-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Reading the statistics the largest ethnic groups in Australia are:
English
Irish
Scottish
Italians
Germans
Greeks

and a lot of Asians...

I would question the statistics about Germans for one reason. After both world wars, a lot of them anglicised their names, mainly due to shame and ridicule. Germans still have the edge over the Italians.

The Italians that arrived there after the II WW were pretty different from Italians of Italy today. I see that with my relatives who moved to Australia during the 60s and 70s. They are more conservative, I'd say a bit close minded. Not the kind of people I go creazy for. True Italians are cooler :cool:

I can't answer that with absolute certainty but I know the earlier arrivals would've had a lot more to prove because of the hard time they were given. My father, although Maltese, was one of the post WW2 arrivals who copped it also. And he was still basically a conservative man till the end of his days.

Becouse Australia has a tropical climate and works as good as all the anglo things. Find me a better combination. I must be honest: also their immigration policy is stunning. :rolleyes:;)

Pay him no mind. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Foxy
04-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I would question the statistics about Germans for one reason. After both world wars, a lot of them anglicised their names, mainly due to shame and ridicule. Germans still have the edge over the Italians.

In the 2006 Australian Census residents were asked to describe their ancestry, in which up to two could be nominated. Proportionate to the Australian resident population, the most commonly nominated ancestries were:[15]

Australian (37.13%)
English (31.65%)
Irish (9.08%)
Scottish (7.56%)
Italian (4.29%)
German (4.09%)
Chinese (3.37%)
Greek (1.84%)
Dutch (1.56%)
Indian (1.18%)
Lebanese (0.92%)
Vietnamese (0.87%)
Armenian (0.82%)
New Zealander (0.81%)
Filipino (0.81%)
Maltese (0.77%)
Croatian (0.59%)
Australian Aboriginal (0.58%)
Welsh (0.57%)
French (0.5%)
Serbian (0.48%)
Māori (0.47%)
Spanish (0.42%)
Macedonian (0.42%)
South African (0.4%)
Sinhalese (0.37%)
Hungarian (0.3%)
Russian (0.3%)
Turkish (0.3%)
American (0.28%)

Whatever Australian means ethnically speaking...

Brynhild
04-10-2011, 10:22 PM
^Eh? How can Australian be listed as an ancestry? Unless there are more Aboriginals lol It seems that the bureau of statistics have stuffed up with that one, along with people confusing their natiionality for ethnicity. I wonder how well they will redress this when we have the next one this year.

Treffie
04-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Even though the thought of moving to Australia seems very appealing to me, I think I love my country too much to want to emigrate, even with its problems.

Cedric
04-13-2011, 03:08 PM
There's nowhere outside of Britain you can move to and hope to escape Anglophobia. Hell, there's nowhere outside of England you can hope to escape it.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that some Australians have the nerve to criticise Britain but there you go...

The Ripper
04-14-2011, 09:15 AM
I find it absolutely ridiculous that some Australians have the nerve to criticise Britain but there you go...

You seem to find lots of things ridiculous.

Cedric
04-14-2011, 01:54 PM
You seem to find lots of things ridiculous.

I seem to be right about lots of things.

The Ripper
04-14-2011, 01:56 PM
I seem to be right about lots of things.

I find that absolutely preposterous.

Wyn
04-14-2011, 01:56 PM
I like this guy.

Foxy
04-18-2011, 12:09 PM
^Eh? How can Australian be listed as an ancestry? Unless there are more Aboriginals lol It seems that the bureau of statistics have stuffed up with that one, along with people confusing their natiionality for ethnicity. I wonder how well they will redress this when we have the next one this year.

Indeed it seemed weird to me too, but maybe for "Australian" they mean people of mixed ancestry. But definitely Australia is a too young nation to have an own ethnicity.

This is from a more serious site:

The major European ethnicities are:

ANGLO CELTICS (English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh) 69,88% 13,262,000
GERMANS 3,53% 670,000
ITALIANS 3,40% 645, 000
GREEKS 1,82% 345,000

You were right Brynhild, even if with a slighy superiority, Germans outnumber Italians.

EUROPEANS

ANGLO CELTICS 69,88%
NORTH AND WEST EUROPEANS (FRENCH, BELGIANS, DUTCH, SWISSES, AUSTRIANS, GERMANS, DANES, NOWERGIANS, SWEDES AND FINNS) 6,88%
SOUTHERN EUROPEANS (ALBANIANS, ITALIANS, GREEKS, MALTESES, SPANIARDS, PORTUGUESES) 6,96%
EAST EUROPEANS (ROMANIANS, RUSSIANS, POLES, LATVIANS, ESTONIANS, LITHUANIANS, UKRAINIANS, BELARUSIANS, SERBS, CROATS, SLOVENJANS, BOSNIANS AND HERZ., HUNGARIANS, MONTENEGRIANS, MACEDONIANS, SERBS, SLOVAKS AND CZECH AND BULGARIANS) 4,36%

TOT: 88,8%

_______
05-29-2011, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Brynhild;380793]I live in that part of the world which has most of the deadliest snakes and certainly the mostly deadly spider in the funnel web. I've got to say your above remark is way off beam. Don't give them an excuse to be provoked and they leave you alone. They're good at hiding from humans as they are shy creatures in general. I picked up an injured red belly blacksnake not so long ago, thinking it was dead. I wasn't bitten and it went on its merry way.I capture the huntsman and throw them back outside again, although they're useful for killing flies and other such bugs. I've not been bitten by anything, as a matter of fact. I've learned to respect the local environment in which I live. The one time a funnel web came into the house was when I left the front door open and I had nothing on me to capture it with. It was going to run off and I flattened it with my thong. There is no way that was going to be in the same house as me - alive!

QUOTE]

you are a very brave lady! :eek: :D

Cedric
05-30-2011, 04:42 AM
80% of the population of New Zealand claim British ancestry. That's not counting all the other people of European ancestry.

There's a trend of favouring Northern European and American immigrants I've heard.

Bridie
05-30-2011, 04:44 AM
80% of the population of New Zealand claim British ancestry. That's not counting all the other people of European ancestry.

There's a trend of favouring Northern European and American immigrants I've heard.I don't where you heard that, but its mostly Asian and British immigrants there. I think 80% British ancestry is a bit high, considering all of the Maoris there.

Cedric
05-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Apologies if it's wrong. I thought it was too good to be true.

Albion
05-30-2011, 11:18 PM

There's a trend of favouring Northern European and American immigrants I've heard.

White Australia Policy and ten poundpassages ended decades ago unfortunately. I guess we just have to make do with going to Spain for our yearly dose of sun. :D

Bridie
05-31-2011, 01:28 AM
White Australia Policy and ten poundpassages ended decades ago unfortunately. I guess we just have to make do with going to Spain for our yearly dose of sun. :DOur largest immigrant group is still the British though...

Hess
05-31-2011, 01:32 AM
Our largest immigrant group is still the British though...

are other Europeans welcome there? I've heard stories of Australians being racist to anyone not of Anglo-Saxon extraction

poiuytrewq0987
05-31-2011, 01:34 AM

Unfortunately. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Australians) However them being the predominant ethnic group seems to have given way for an entirely new ethnic group, the Anglo-Celtics. :laugh:

poiuytrewq0987
05-31-2011, 02:07 AM
I'd really like to see Russia offload a million or two to Australia and further Slavicise that evil Anglo place. :D If we want a total demographic transformation of Australia then Russia and other Slavic countries can combine immigrants up to a total of 5 to 10 million newcomers. "Anglo-Celtics" will be no longer a majority and Australia will become Earth's #1 colonial destination for Slavs. :D

Stars Down To Earth
05-31-2011, 02:17 AM
That's just evil, trying to turn Australia into a Slav country.

Treffie
05-31-2011, 02:24 AM

Indeed, a good friend of mine is emigrating to your city next week ;)

poiuytrewq0987
05-31-2011, 02:30 AM
That's just evil, trying to turn Australia into a Slav country.

No, not at all evil as it is more of a blessing. :thumb001:

Guapo
05-31-2011, 02:32 AM
No, not at all evil as it is more of a blessing. :thumb001:

Nah, they'll just ruin it :thumbsdown:

poiuytrewq0987
05-31-2011, 02:36 AM
Nah, they'll just ruin it :thumbsdown:

Anti-Slaveic propaganda.

Stars Down To Earth
05-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Slavs, stop being so fucking greedy, you already have all of Russia and half of the European continent. :p

poiuytrewq0987
05-31-2011, 02:45 AM
Slavs, stop being so fucking greedy, you already have all of Russia and half of the European continent. :p

We need a place to drink pina coladas.

Stars Down To Earth
05-31-2011, 02:52 AM
We need a place to drink pina coladas.

Uh, there's always the Croatian coast. Already populated by Slavs. It's really nice at summer, and they make decent pina coladas there. :P

You Serbs can always re-conquer Croatia, in case of a pina colada emergency.

poiuytrewq0987
05-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Uh, there's always the Croatian coast. Already populated by Slavs. It's really nice at summer, and they make decent pina coladas there. :P

You Serbs can always re-conquer Croatia, in case of a pina colada emergency.

Can't, the NATO would bomb us so we have to take Australia instead.

Bloodeagle
05-31-2011, 03:08 AM
Can't, the NATO would bomb us so we have to take Australia instead.

Then you could kill the natives and rename it New Slavidonia. :p

Rainraven
06-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Any Australians out there care to warn me of what I'm to expect going to Kambalda? Must say, I'm a little apprehensive about the whole thing :(

Bridie
06-03-2011, 02:07 PM
^ Oh Sweetie :(... its as rough as guts... Not a place for women, in my opinion.

Hess
06-03-2011, 02:10 PM
why would someone willingly go live in Australia?
some kind of masochism, I reckon :shrug:

Bridie
06-03-2011, 02:10 PM
^ Indeed! :D

Bloodeagle
06-03-2011, 04:13 PM
why would someone willingly go live in Australia?
some kind of masochism, I reckon :shrug:
Well I am crazy enough to live in Alaska, my closest family is some 3-4000 miles away anyway, so I think I would love to move and live in Australia.
Someplace tropical like Darwin sounds nice. ;)

poiuytrewq0987
06-03-2011, 04:24 PM
^ Oh Sweetie :(... its as rough as guts... Not a place for women, in my opinion.

Why is it so?

Bridie
06-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Why is it so?Its a male dominated town, like many mining towns here. They tend to be brutish and women (particularly feminine ones) are treated like rubbish. The women who survive best in towns like that are very tough and manly ("butch") ones.

Hess
06-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Its a male dominated town, like many mining towns here. They tend to be brutish and women (particularly feminine ones) are treated like rubbish. The women who survive best in towns like that are very tough and manly ("butch") ones.

Like that?
http://www.kohlerproductions.com/projects/boxers/AmyBOXER.jpg

Bloodeagle
06-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Its a male dominated town, like many mining towns here. They tend to be brutish and women (particularly feminine ones) are treated like rubbish. The women who survive best in towns like that are very tough and manly ("butch") ones.

Same here, it's the ugly ones that last in the work camps, but even they are incredibly popular, if you catch my meaning. ;) We have a saying in Alaska: that you never break-up with an Alaskan girl, you just lose your turn. :embarrassed

Mordid
06-03-2011, 06:22 PM
I also thinking of emigrating to Australia because I need a hawt australoid babe.

Albion
06-04-2011, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=Hess;427501]why would someone willingly go live in Australia?
[QUOTE]

Why not? On saying that, many areas of Europe offer the same things Brits emigrate there for, minus the Anglo culture though.

Aces High
06-04-2011, 09:58 AM
are other Europeans welcome there? I've heard stories of Australians being racist to anyone not of Anglo-Saxon extraction

Are you kidding,Australians openly hate the English in particular and pommy bashing is a national sport.
The thing is though is that they think we are all soppy walters and i have seen many a beating handed out to drunken Australians by English guys from London/Liverpool/Newcastle and various other cities.....they dont seem to understand that they dont have a monopoly on hard cases.

Albion
06-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Are you kidding,Australians openly hate the English in particular and pommy bashing is a national sport.
The thing is though is that they think we are all soppy walters and i have seen many a beating handed out to drunken Australians by English guys from London/Liverpool/Newcastle and various other cities.....they dont seem to understand that they dont have a monopoly on hard cases.

No they don't, its just sibling rivalry - we're better than you this.... your weather is crap that..., .

Aces High
06-04-2011, 10:10 AM
No they don't, its just sibling rivalry - we're better than you this.... your weather is crap that..., .

No it isnt,i lived there for years.

Bridie
06-04-2011, 10:26 AM
No it isnt,i lived there for years.You should have opened your eyes then.

Peyrol
06-04-2011, 10:26 AM
What about the italian community?

Bridie
06-04-2011, 10:27 AM
What about the italian community?What about them?

Peyrol
06-04-2011, 10:28 AM
What about them?

Are integrated or "ghettizzed"?

Aces High
06-04-2011, 10:30 AM

Wogs...or "westy wogs" in Sydney.Regarded as a bunch of lazy good for nothing dagos.
Mainly because the immigrants to Australia were from Calabria,Napoli,Sicilia etc.There was no real immigration from northern Italy.

Bridie
06-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Are integrated or "ghettizzed"?
Neither. They tend to retain their own sense of ethnic identity and have by and large prospered here.

Peyrol
06-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Wogs...or "westy wogs" in Sydney.Regarded as a bunch of lazy good for nothing dagos.
Mainly because the immigrants to Australia were from Calabria,Napoli,Sicilia etc.There was no real immigration from northern Italy.

I always wonder why southerners use to emigrate in the "nazioni albioniche" like USA, UK, Australia, while we from north to Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, etc...or northern Europe.

Neither. They tend to retain their own sense of ethnic identity and have by and large prospered here.

Obviously, many of them (the southerners) will be seen as mafia pizzamakers.
It 's so?

Bridie
06-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Mainly because the immigrants to Australia were from Calabria,Napoli,Sicilia etc.There was no real immigration from northern Italy.Yes, they're often called Wogs just as the English are called Poms, the Irish are called Paddies and the Americans are called Yanks. But Australians tend to use such terms tongue-in-cheek. Being a Pom, you should have understood that.

I don't know how you can say that Italians are known for being lazy. They're known for having worked very hard in certain industries (market gardening, the building trade) to provide a standard of living for their children that they never had themselves. I must say though, many of the young ones now were spoilt rotten by their parents, given everything too freely and wrapped in cotton wool and have become ungrateful, lazy, spoilt brats.

Bridie
06-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I always wonder why southerners use to emigrate in the "nazioni albioniche" like USA, UK, Australia, while we from north to Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, etc...or northern Europe.Maybe you Northern Italians are hornier and like the free-and-easy sex offered in South America and Northern Europe.

It 's so?No.

Aces High
06-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I always wonder why southerners use to emigrate in the "nazioni albioniche" like USA, UK, Australia, while we from north to Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, etc...or northern Europe.
It 's so?

Most Anglos dont understand the massive cultural differnce that exists between northern and southern Italy,for all intents and purposes you are talking about two different nations.
I never knew about it until i had to work in Italy and started seeing the difference with my own eyes...there is a sort of apartheid in Italy and to be honest the stereotypes hold true,although there are exceptions.
If i want to get things done with some Italian colleagues then i go to the ones from Veneto,Treviso,Milano,Firenze etc.Things get done quickly and well.

If you go to Australia they dont understand that the immigrants came mainly from "mezzagiorno" and therefore think all Italians are like this.

Peyrol
06-04-2011, 10:41 AM
No.

Wow, very strange.

This broke the usual vision that "colonial" english have about them. :laugh:

Bridie
06-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Most Anglos dont understand the massive cultural differnce that exists between northern and southern Italy,for all intents and purposes you are talking about two different nations.
I never knew about it until i had to work in Italy and started seeing the difference with my own eyes...there is a sort of apartheid in Italy and to be honest the stereotypes hold true,although there are exceptions.
If i want to get things done with some Italian colleagues then i go to the ones from Veneto,Treviso,Milano,Firenze etc.Things get done quickly and well.

If you go to Australia they dont understand that the immigrants came mainly from "mezzagiorno" and therefore think all Italians are like this.Its true that we tend to think that all Italians are the same. We don't differentiate between regions.

Peyrol
06-04-2011, 10:44 AM

If you go to Australia they dont understand that the immigrants came mainly from "mezzagiorno" and therefore think all Italians are like this.

Is the same thing in USA or Canada ("italian=sicilian"), while in UK your countrymens usually known the difference.

Mordid
06-04-2011, 10:47 AM
No offence to you but all Italians are then same. :ranger:

Bridie
06-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Well, we've established at least one difference; the Northern Italians are hornier than the Southern ones.

Peyrol
06-04-2011, 10:50 AM

If i told you what many italians thinks about poles...:laugh:

Mordid
06-04-2011, 10:52 AM
If i told you what many italians thinks about poles...:laugh:

Tell me, please

Aces High
06-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Is the same thing in USA or Canada ("italian=sicilian"), while in UK your countrymens usually known the difference.

Well in the UK,the average man in the street will only come into contact with Italians that work at Costa,in pizzerias or in some menial role and they are mainly from the south or the islands.
If you work at a higher level for example and deal with brokers or Italians with a degree and are in the UK because they have been sent there by their firms then you will be dealing with almost exclusively northern Italians or from Roma upwards.

You only notice it though when you start to look for it....and speak enough Italian to recognize the northern accents.

Peyrol
06-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Well, we've established at least one difference; the Northern Italians are hornier than the Southern ones.

wun5mgqiVAA

Bridie
06-04-2011, 11:00 AM
wun5mgqiVAAHmmm...

Peyrol
06-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Well in the UK,the average man in the street will only come into contact with Italians that work at Costa,in pizzerias or in some menial role and they are mainly from the south or the islands.
If you work at a higher level for example and deal with brokers or Italians with a degree and are in the UK because they have been sent there by their firms then you will be dealing with almost exclusively northern Italians or from Roma upwards.

You only notice it though when you start to look for it....and speak enough Italian to recognize the northern accents.

You could easly see the differences also in music

a southerner traditional song from Napoli
U-xsosv6uM0

...and another traditional one from Liguria (north)
q-n3cej_D14

Aces High
06-04-2011, 11:15 AM
The main difference i see is in the work ethic.Northern Italians are basically Germans......but dressed well,they have the same maniacal approach to doing things well.Thankfully they are the ones that keep the Italian boat afloat.
Nothing really comes from the south.....except corruption and good food.

Bridie
06-04-2011, 11:19 AM
The main difference i see is in the work ethic.Northern Italians are basically Germans......but dressed well,they have the same maniacal approach to doing things well.Thankfully they are the ones that keep the Italian boat afloat.
Nothing really comes from the south.....except corruption and good food.Work is overrated, good food is underrated.

I'm beginning to develop a preference for the Southern Italians... :D

Stars Down To Earth
06-04-2011, 01:00 PM
I dated a girl from Florence, a couple years ago.

As she put it: "We're two different countries. South Italy is like South Africa."

Work is overrated, good food is underrated.

Oh, definitely. But North Italians have their good food as well - they gave us pizza, pasta and ice cream. I like both Italys.

Aces High
06-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I dated a girl from Florence, a couple years ago.

As she put it: "We're two different countries. South Italy is like South Africa."

"da toscana in giu,italia non cč piu" as a good friend of mine likes to point out (who is from Firenze)

askra
06-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Nothing really comes from the south.....except corruption and good food.

sure, but not all the south italy is involved in mafia and organized crime

this is the map of mafia infiltration in Italy:
http://temi.repubblica.it/UserFiles/limes/Image/Carte/Italia_senzaitaliacorretta_500.jpg
as you can see only sicily, campania, calabria and apulia have on their territory crime organizations.

are you saying that in north italy doesn't exist corruption or the only cases of corruption are caused by people come from the south? :rolleyes2:
this is ridicolous, and quite racist!

which islands?
obviously only Sicily, because according to official statistics only 1000 people from Sardinia (the other italian major island) are residents in UK, vs 600 British residents in Sardinia. so very few people, unless you are speaking about teenagers who goes in UK to learn english!

Rouxinol
06-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Poor Southern Italians. My brother-in-law is from Calabria and he's workaholic, perfectionist, pragmatic, obsessed with getting things done and well, and raised to high status way above average by his own. :thumb001:

Aces High
06-04-2011, 07:53 PM
are you saying that in north italy doesn't exist corruption or the only cases of corruption are caused by people come from the south? :rolleyes2:
this is ridicolous, and quite racist!

Learn to read English first before jumping to conclusions....(capito mi hai)

I said nothing really comes from southern Italy except good food and corruption,which is a truth somewhat.I didnt say there was no corruption in the north.

Southern Italy below Roma is a wasteland,as is Sardegna and Sicilia.No work and no prospects for the young people there.
Unlike northern Italy where the people are industrious,well organised and rich on the whole.The northerners have something different than people from the south or the islands......something hard to actually define but its there....just look at the north of Italy compared to the rest of Italy for the proof.
If you want to get on and get a life you have to move away from the south/islands....as you well know.

Stars Down To Earth
06-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Mary Bryant, what's up with your lovely avatar?

Bridie
06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Mary Bryant, what's up with your lovely avatar?What do you mean?

askra
06-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Learn to read English first before jumping to conclusions....(capito mi hai)

I said nothing really comes from southern Italy except good food and corruption,which is a truth somewhat.I didnt say there was no corruption in the north.

Southern Italy below Roma is a wasteland,as is Sardegna and Sicilia.No work and no prospects for the young people there.
Unlike northern Italy where the people are industrious,well organised and rich on the whole.The northerners have something different than people from the south or the islands......something hard to actually define but its there....just look at the north of Italy compared to the rest of Italy for the proof.
If you want to get on and get a life you have to move away from the south/islands....as you well know.

you are not a great expert about italian problems! :rolleyes:

first of all i don't live in a wasteland!

second: i live in one of the most peripheric region of europe, an island far more than 100 km from the european continental coasts, where the cost of electricity, transportation of goods, and fuels are doubled compared to north italy, and triple compared with EU average,
so your economic comparison among total different geographical areas is totally ridicolous!

are you british?

this is the chart of GDP per capita among european regions by EUROSTAT,
as you can see Sardinia that is a peripheric region, gets similar GDP per capita of UK isolated and underpopulated regions:
http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/images/a/a7/GDP_per_inhabitant,_in_PPS,_by_NUTS_2_regions,_200 6.PNG

and please STOP to compare my land with sicily and south italy, because are totally different realities, here there aren't crime organizations!

Stars Down To Earth
06-04-2011, 08:51 PM
What do you mean?
Uh...what's the point of showing a beheading to everyone? :p

Aces High
06-04-2011, 08:58 PM
and please STOP to compare my land with sicily and south italy, because are totally different realities, here there aren't crime organizations!

Ah ok,Sardegna is just north of Trentino...i forgot.

(plenty of kidnappings though....;))

Bridie
06-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Uh...what's the point of showing a beheading to everyone? :p:p

That's an Aussie POW being beheaded by a Jap. "Lest we (well, Australians) forget". Such occurrences are a part of the history of my people, so its significant to me. Reminds me of where we've been and where we want to go...

askra
06-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Ah ok,Sardegna is just north of Trentino...i forgot.

(plenty of kidnappings though....;))

yes, in sardinia happened one kidnapping in the last 15 years, it is a terrible plague :rolleyes:
1680000 people residents and only one case of kidnapping in the last 15 years.

problably you should read this article by the most important italian newspaper at the section about "ordine pubblico" (level of criminality in italy)
http://www.ilsole24ore.com/speciali/qvita_2010/home.shtml?gtdpage=qvita_2010_settori_criminalita

well i see that the safest city in italy (oristano) is in sardinia

are you really english?:confused:

in conclusion: this thread was not opened to speak about italy and its problems

Stars Down To Earth
06-04-2011, 10:17 PM
:p

That's an Aussie POW being beheaded by a Jap. "Lest we (well, Australians) forget". Such occurrences are a part of the history of my people, so its significant to me.
Ah, I see. I recognized that photo from somewhere. If I remember my history, the executioner didn't survive the war either. There's always that.

Reminds me of where we've been and where we want to go...
Not sure how to interpret that....

Aces High
06-05-2011, 05:57 AM
yes, in sardinia happened one kidnapping in the last 15 years, it is a terrible plague :rolleyes:

Stop talking balls....Oristano by the way.;)

http://www.hymnos.sardegna.it/pdf/12_07_bando_civis.pdf

Bridie
06-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Not sure how to interpret that....As far away from the Japs as possible. :D

Sahson
06-05-2011, 06:41 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Australian_PR_COB_2006.PNG

Demographics of PERTH

English 28.6%
Australian 25.6%
Irish 6.2%
Scottish 6.1%
Italian 4.5%
Chinese 2.9%

There were 3,101 Aboriginals in the city (0.2%).

so 66.5% Anglo-Saxon.

Languages spoken at home

English 79.9%
Italian 2.0%
Mandarin 1.1%
Cantonese 1.1%
Vietnamese 0.9%
Arabic 0.5%

Bloodeagle
06-05-2011, 07:00 AM
As far away from the Japs as possible. :D

I hear you loud and clear. I can't stand those slant eyed nips. Those evil murdering bastards!

Peyrol
06-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Askra, Sardegna is not part of southern Italy...

supergiovane
06-05-2011, 11:39 AM
why is football not as popular in Australia as it is in UK?

Stars Down To Earth
06-05-2011, 11:46 AM
As far away from the Japs as possible. :D

Meh. I've visited Japan, I quite enjoyed the place.

Foxy
06-05-2011, 11:56 AM

As you are all saying a lot of craps about Italians, I must say that I have relatives there and they are perfectly integrated. My oncle doesn't sell pizzas but is a building manager and my aunt works in a center for clinical analysis (blood samples & co.).

Tribuno, STOP WITH THIS CRAP ABOUT SOUTHERN ITALIANS. I am becoming fucking agry now. We (I include also my region which is central but economicaly south) don't need northern Italian money, ok? I'd prefer respect over money. We neither wanted the reunification, it was made by Northerns when they were still serious people. Now there is more mafia in Milan than in Neaples. The only difference is in the money. Sincerly an Italian is always an Italian and down the Po river we are not all lazyasses. I am doing 2 jobs and studying at the university at the same time and I have time also to jump on this forum. I know a lot of Southerns who are wonderful people and a lot of northerns who are idiot, use drugs and are spoiled by their parents, while in the South they don't have money and send children to work when they are still 15.

A collegue of mine is only 17 and she works 14 HOURS PAR DAY. Shut up! Respect us, for Christ's sake!

Bridie
06-05-2011, 11:58 AM
why is football not as popular in Australia as it is in UK?We have our own version of football...

http://youtu.be/X_hqosNvv5E

EDIT - I don't know why I can't post youtube vids on this forum! :(

Foxy
06-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Poor Southern Italians. My brother-in-law is from Calabria and he's workaholic, perfectionist, pragmatic, obsessed with getting things done and well, and raised to high status way above average by his own. :thumb001:

If you survive in Southern Italy, where you must do things well and are underpaid, when you go abroad you make the fortune. It happened the same with all my relatives emigrated in Australia and the USA.

sure, but not all the south italy is involved in mafia and organized crime

this is the map of mafia infiltration in Italy:
http://temi.repubblica.it/UserFiles/limes/Image/Carte/Italia_senzaitaliacorretta_500.jpg
!

The map clearly shows that there is more mafia in Northern Italy than in Abruzzo and I agree. We have our own problems here (few work and employers who like to exploit workers) but never heard of mafia. Also our politicians have still a dignity: the ex mayor of my city was discovered to steal money (every mayor does and he did less than many others and used those money to rebuild the city) and he gave the dimission. Now look at Berlusconi, Milanese, and at Moratti, also from Milan... :rolleyes2: Both steal far more and neither one gave the dimissions.

Lucretius
06-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Northern Italy has a mentality more calvinistic and sees work and wealth as connected to god while Southeners tend to be more familistic,believing that work have to provide few things while the rest of the time is spent in things much worthier..:D

sorry for ot

Foxy
06-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Northern Italy has a mentality more calvinistic and sees work and wealth as connected to god while Southeners tend to be more familistic,believing that work have to provide few things while the rest of the time is spent in things much worthier..:D

sorry for ot

Also Northerns are familistic. Familism unificated the whole Italy. And who thinks that Northerns are germanic needs to be closed is a madhouse.

Lucretius
06-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Also Northerns are familistic. Familism unificated the whole Italy. And who thinks that Northerns are germanic needs to be closed is a madhouse.

For the most part they are not familistic,they tend to free themselves from the chains of family very soon,especially in the big cities. Look also the high percentage of those couples who live without marryng and children.

ot again

askra
06-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Stop talking balls....Oristano by the way.;)

http://www.hymnos.sardegna.it/pdf/12_07_bando_civis.pdf

that article confirmes what i said, the only kidnapping happened in sardinia in the last 15 years was that one of Giovan Battista Pinna, while the second last happened in 1996 (silvia melis).
it means that i have one possibilty on 25millions to be kidnapped, problably you are confusing with chechnya or colombia :rolleyes:

moreover your knowledge about italy is quite suspicious (never seen a british speaking in italian dialects :rolleyes:) , you may be the same troll who pretended to be serbian, that posted threads about italy, that was banned yesterday

Foxy
06-05-2011, 01:58 PM
For the most part they are not familistic,they tend to free themselves from the chains of family very soon,especially in the big cities. Look also the high percentage of those couples who live without marryng and children.

ot again

Also where I live people go to live alone as far as they can (= as far as both have decent jobs). I don't see anything special into this. But the Apulian and Lucanian friends of mine told me that in the South parents want that they first marry and later they can move to live with their bfs. In my region it's totally different, this is why I always say that Abruzzo is not South. Maybe economically, but in mentality we and also Molisans are very very free (maybe one of the most free of Italy).
I dunno why there is all this difference among our regions, but if you visit both and live in both for a period you realize that there is an abyss. But I don't say that they are all shit and lazy.

Foxy
06-05-2011, 02:07 PM

ot again

The problem is always money. If ppl have money they move together. I personally consider family, as an institution, oppressive and am against a precocious "moving together" becouse I want my spaces not becouse I find it immoral. And I fucking hate family dinners. When I go to HIS family dinners I usually have this face-> :grumpy: My family lucky is spread on 3 continents so we see each others very few.
I am neither lazy nor familistic.

Lucretius
06-05-2011, 02:11 PM
I dunno why there is all this difference among our regions, but if you visit both and live in both for a period you realize that there is an abyss. But I don't say that they are all shit and lazy.

Because of different people,that's all. I am italian and proud to be but it's undoutable that there are many differences between northeners and central/southners,that's a fact. Diversity doesn't mean worse or better.

Aces High
06-05-2011, 02:11 PM
As you are all saying a lot of craps about Italians, I must say that I have relatives there and they are perfectly integrated.

Who said anything about them not being integrated..?

Lucretius
06-05-2011, 02:13 PM
The problem is always money. If ppl have money they move together. I personally consider family, as an institution, oppressive and am against a precocious "moving together" becouse I want my spaces not becouse I find it immoral. And I fucking hate family dinners. When I go to HIS family dinners I usually have this face-> :grumpy: My family lucky is spread on 3 continents so we see each others very few.
I am neither lazy nor familistic.

agree;)

Foxy
06-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Because of different people,that's all. I am italian and proud to be but it's undoutable that there are many differences between northeners and central/southners,that's a fact. Diversity doesn't mean worse or better.

I meant that I don't understand why there is all this difference between Apulia, Campania, Calabria, Basilicata and Sicily on one side and Abruzzo and Molise on the other. After all we were both part of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. Boh!
We often joke about them (the Southerns) for being too close-minded. In Abruzzo you see on the beaches many women in topless, or in tanga, or with miniskirts, while in the South it would be a blasphemy. A difference between North and South has some explanations, but what about the former regions of the Borbonic Kingdom?

Aces High
06-05-2011, 02:28 PM
moreover your knowledge about italy is quite suspicious (never seen a british speaking in italian dialects

An vedi questa.

Lucretius
06-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I meant that I don't understand why there is all this difference between Apulia, Campania, Calabria, Basilicata and Sicily on one side and Abruzzo and Molise on the other. After all we were both part of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. Boh!
We often joke about them (the Southerns) for being too close-minded. In Abruzzo you see on the beaches many women in topless, or in tanga, or with miniskirts, while in the South it would be a blasphemy. A difference between North and South has some explanations, but what about the former regions of the Borbonic Kingdom?

I meant differences (and big) there are between those fellows from let'say piedmont and others from Florence to Sicily,these are undoutable if we are honest,and we must be.;) It's not true that women in topless (:thumb001:) are seen in a very bad way in the South,probably only by old fashioned women or some priests...:D The percentage of nudism in the South are very high.;) The situation you are referring to was true,let's say forty years ago..

Foxy
06-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I meant differences (and big) there are between those fellows from let'say piedmont and others from Florence to Sicily,these are undoutable if we are honest,and we must be.;) It's not true that women in topless (:thumb001:) are seen in a very bad way in the South,probably only by old fashioned women or some priests...:D The percentage of nudism in the South are very high.;) The situation you are referring to was true,let's say forty years ago..

Forty years ago the situation was not different from this also in the North. In some enclaves of Apulia and Sicily there still are situtations like this, believe me, but LUCKY not here.

Foxy
06-05-2011, 02:41 PM
An vedi questa.

Aň ma che sei de Roma?? An vedi come parla quesso!!!

Peyrol
06-05-2011, 10:47 PM

This is a lie, you're right.

Germanic ethnic influence in Italy is less than 8-12%. :laugh:

Lucretius
06-06-2011, 08:48 AM

Germanic ethnic influence in Italy is less than 8-12%. :laugh:

According to this book is much more..:D

http://www.centrostudilaruna.it/wp-content/noi-celti-e-longobardi.jpg

Albion
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
you are not a great expert about italian problems! :rolleyes:

first of all i don't live in a wasteland!

second: i live in one of the most peripheric region of europe, an island far more than 100 km from the european continental coasts, where the cost of electricity, transportation of goods, and fuels are doubled compared to north italy, and triple compared with EU average,
so your economic comparison among total different geographical areas is totally ridicolous!

are you british?

this is the chart of GDP per capita among european regions by EUROSTAT,
as you can see Sardinia that is a peripheric region, gets similar GDP per capita of UK isolated and underpopulated regions:
http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/images/a/a7/GDP_per_inhabitant,_in_PPS,_by_NUTS_2_regions,_200 6.PNG

There's no orange highlighted areas in the UK, but that map is quite amazing to look at when you take a look at Spain outside of Catalonia and Madrid and North / Central France. My little county is also a rich enclave by the look of it, that dark green bit near Manchester. :thumbs up

Albion
06-06-2011, 09:40 AM
New Zealand: (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/nz.html)
Ethnic groups: European 56.8%, Asian 8%, Maori 7.4%, Pacific islander 4.6%, mixed 9.7%, other 13.5% (2006 Census)

When the hell did Europeans fall to such a low percentage of the population?? Last time I looked they were around 65 to 75%!
NZ is basically returning to it's Pacific Islander origins I see, great, the empire basically wasted it's time there then since the modern Kiwi bleeding hearts will simply let the country become awash with non-Europeans.

I wonder if there's any difference between the North and South Islands, I'd suppose the South Island might be more European, if it gets beyond the point of no return I do wonder if the independence movement in the South Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Island_Independence)may actually take off.

Aces High
06-06-2011, 10:34 AM
second: i live in one of the most peripheric region of europe, an island far more than 100 km from the european continental coasts,

Why isnt Iceland on that map...?

Then we can talk about people who live on a volcano in the middle of nowhere yet still are more advanced than you lot.....its in the blood. ;)

Bridie
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
New Zealand: (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/nz.html)
Ethnic groups: European 56.8%, Asian 8%, Maori 7.4%, Pacific islander 4.6%, mixed 9.7%, other 13.5% (2006 Census)

When the hell did Europeans fall to such a low percentage of the population?? Last time I looked they were around 65 to 75%!
NZ is basically returning to it's Pacific Islander origins I see, great, the empire basically wasted it's time there then since the modern Kiwi bleeding hearts will simply let the country become awash with non-Europeans.

I wonder if there's any difference between the North and South Islands, I'd suppose the South Island might be more European, if it gets beyond the point of no return I do wonder if the independence movement in the South Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Island_Independence)may actually take off.
I've found that CIA demographic publications tend to be pretty dodgy, to be honest.

And look at what they list for ethnic groups in Australia...

white 92%, Asian 7%, aboriginal and other 1%
^ So vague that it could mean anything. (And since when have "white" or "Asian" been ethnic groups???)

Spain...

composite of Mediterranean and Nordic typesWTF??? :confused:

UK...

white (of which English 83.6%, Scottish 8.6%, Welsh 4.9%, Northern Irish 2.9%) 92.1%, black 2%, Indian 1.8%, Pakistani 1.3%, mixed 1.2%, other 1.6% ^ I find it difficult to believe that the blacks and Pakis rate so low...

See what I mean? Dodgy.

I've often noted that fertility rates as listed by the CIA tend not to be consistant with other (more reliable) sources either.

Sahson
06-06-2011, 02:27 PM
<snip>

CIA is shoddy at best. I use IMF, World Bank, and OECD when I can. Their results seem to be closer to each other then CIA's.

KPMG is another decent source.

Meerkat.86
06-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Why isnt Iceland on that map...?

Then we can talk about people who live on a volcano in the middle of nowhere yet still are more advanced than you lot.....its in the blood. ;)

I' m agree with Askra this one is a troll. hahah, he/she's surely Italian, take a look at his/her comments, he/she speaks Italian, even Italian dialects, but he/she doesn't seem the fake Serbian. That one at times was funny.

And it's wrong speaking of blood...... centuries ago countries that now are the poorest of the planet were the richest, Iraq for example was in the past the center of the human civilization, do you remember the Assyrian Babylonians? Or Mongolia and Genghis Khan?
And nowadays Iceland (that's not part of EU, so it's not in the map) is facing its worst economic crisis.

poiuytrewq0987
06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Thinking of emigrating to Australia, but (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19995)

Isn't Australia an expensive place to live? I read somewhere that apartment/flat rent is not paid by the month but by the week! :eek:

Aces High
06-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I' m agree with Askra this one is a troll. hahah, he/she's surely Italian, take a look at his/her comments, he/she speaks Italian, even Italian dialects.

Me Italian.......:rofl:

Oh my little black haired three foot tall monobrowed sardinian friend...how wrong you are.Looks like you have been hitting the ichnussa and mirto a bit too hard.;)...your faculties of identification are impared.

Im English,i work in Italy many months of the year....so had to learn the lingo.

Meerkat.86
06-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Your English sucks, it's plain that's not your mother language....but in any case your words make me laugh, because unlike you I' m handsome and tall... ;)

askra
06-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Me Italian.......:rofl:

Oh my little black haired three foot tall monobrowed sardinian friend...how wrong you are.Looks like you have been hitting the ichnussa and mirto a bit too hard.;)...your faculties of identification are impared.

Im English,i work in Italy many months of the year....so had to learn the lingo.

isn't your wife half romanian and half sardinian? you wrote it here some weeks ago:

My wife has jet black hair and dark brown eyes and olive skin.....i wont say where she's from...but we had spaghetti for lunch....so theres a clue..;)

She's half Roman/half Sardinian.

Do you mean can i vote in Italy....im not an Italian citizen although do have residency there so i doubt it.I think you have to be a citizen to vote in Italy although i may be mistaken.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27797

:rolleyes: you are insulting the ethnicity of your wife! have you married a monobrowed woman?

you are definetely an italian who pretends to be english!
be warning that i report you!

indeed very very bad troll!
learn better english, your grammar suck!

Aces High
06-06-2011, 08:50 PM
unlike you I' m handsome and tall... ;)

Son,you just won first prize in a Jimmy Krankie lookalike contest so dont give is all that.

Aces High
06-06-2011, 08:56 PM
isn't your wife half romanian and half sardinian? you wrote it here some weeks ago:

So lets get this right,im being judged as an Italian by a Sardinian because of my English by someone who cant read English properly...???????

So can you point out to me oh master of the Englsih language where i say my wife is Rumanian.

Sahson
06-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Isn't Australia an expensive place to live? I read somewhere that apartment/flat rent is not paid by the month but by the week! :eek:

Fees are depicted per week, but last time I checked you paid per month. 1 bedroom apartments in Perth are about $500 - $700 a week.

Bread can be anywhere between $2.99 - $6.59.

askra
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
So lets get this right,im being judged as an Italian by a Sardinian because of my English by someone who cant read English properly...???????

So can you point out to me oh master of the Englsih language where i say my wife is Rumanian.

English not Englsih

Rumanian? i think in english the term Romanian is more correct!
rumanian looks like as in italian (Rumeno)

three foot tall

three feet tall in english not three foot tall, it's curious that you don't know your system of measurement :lol:

bytheway Do you live for real in the City of London? who are you the president of London Stock Exchange?:rolleyes:
the City of London is the financial centre of London, a very little area of 1.1 sq mi, and its poulation is very very small, only a few elite lives there!

at least if you want to pretend to be english, improve your knoledge about UK and english language!

Bridie
06-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Isn't Australia an expensive place to live? I read somewhere that apartment/flat rent is not paid by the month but by the week! :eek:Costs are high, but so are wages.

Fees are depicted per week, but last time I checked you paid per month. 1 bedroom apartments in Perth are about $500 - $700 a week.
Depends on the area. You can rent a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house for about $450 a week in a middle class surburb. Considering that an average middle class wage is about $2000/week per person, I don't think rents are too unaffordable... but certainly a lot higher now than they were 8 or more years ago. That's due to abate next year though, when its predicted that the housing market will pick up.

Beorn
06-07-2011, 02:21 AM
three feet tall in english not three foot tall, it's curious that you don't know your system of measurement :lol:

???

I understood him perfectly. He wrote it like a true Englishman. :)

Bridie
06-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Yeah, Askra should stop casting aspersions on Aces' personage. I think there can be little doubt that he really is English. I've read quite a few of his posts and he does seem like a real bastard. :thumb001:

Beorn
06-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Yeah, Askra should stop casting aspersions on Aces' personage. I think there can be little doubt that he really is English. I've read quite a few of his posts and he does seem like a real bastard. :thumb001:

LOL!

Well that was spoken as a true daughter of criminals. :swl

Bridie
06-07-2011, 02:58 AM
LOL!

Well that was spoken as a true daughter of criminals. :swlYo, just tryin' ta keep it real, bro....

Sahson
06-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Depends on the area. You can rent a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house for about $450 a week in a middle class surburb. Considering that an average middle class wage is about $2000/week per person, I don't think rents are too unaffordable... but certainly a lot higher now than they were 8 or more years ago. That's due to abate next year though, when its predicted that the housing market will pick up.

well yes they're about 450-600 South of the River. Murdoch, Winthorp, Mount Pleasant, Applecross. Melville.

Aces High
06-07-2011, 05:22 AM
at least if you want to pretend to be english, improve your knoledge about UK and english language!

Allright,ill improve my "knoledge" as soon as you update your google translator.

Bloodeagle
06-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Costs are high, but so are wages.

Depends on the area. You can rent a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house for about $450 a week in a middle class suburb. Considering that an average middle class wage is about $2000/week per person, I don't think rents are too unaffordable... but certainly a lot higher now than they were 8 or more years ago. That's due to abate next year though, when its predicted that the housing market will pick up.

With the U.S. dollar being relatively close to that of the Australian dollar in value. I am surprised with the differences between our two countries concerning rental houses.
From the looks of your figures, Australia rentals are much more affordable per average wage earnings, than they are in the U.S.
In Anchorage for example the average wage per capita is around $700 a week, but the house you described would cost at least $2300 per month plus all of the utilities that go with it. This combined will end up costing near $3000 a month in the cold of winter.

I catch myself making this mistake, all the time and I actually use these terms in a professional capacity, of course I am not English nor Italian, but American. :D

poiuytrewq0987
06-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Costs are high, but so are wages.

The whole paying by the week is bollocks. I wonder who came up with that scheme.

Sahson
06-07-2011, 07:18 AM
With the U.S. dollar being relatively close to that of the Australian dollar in value. I am surprised with the differences between our two countries concerning rental houses.
From the looks of your figures, Australia rentals are much more affordable per average wage earnings, than they are in the U.S.
In Anchorage for example the average wage per capita is around $700 a week, but the house you described would cost at least $2300 per month plus all of the utilities that go with it. This combined will end up costing near $3000 a month in the cold of winter.

Im not to sure where mary got her $2k a week from. Single middle class individuals in the perth metro certainly don't earn that. To my knowledge the average is around $45,000 - 60,000 per individual. GSP per capita in WA is 82,800 which isn't close to mary's figure. 2k a week would have to be upper middle class.

People working on the mines in Kalgoorie, people up in karratha, etc. Infact! I remember reading an OECD report in April claiming wages haven't risen in the last 9 months.

Bridie
06-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Im not to sure where mary got her $2k a week from. Single middle class individuals in the perth metro certainly don't earn that. To my knowledge the average is around $45,000 - 60,000 per individual. GSP per capita in WA is 82,800 which isn't close to mary's figure. 2k a week would have to be upper middle class.

People working on the mines in Kalgoorie, people up in karratha, etc. Infact! I remember reading an OECD report in April claiming wages haven't risen in the last 9 months.
Maybe it depends on what you call middle class then. I consider most of the people I know to be middle class, and most of them sit on about $2000/wk. $45,000 - $60,000 is well below even the average wage overall in WA, let alone the average wage for a middle class person.

Workers in the Capital Territory (Canberra) are Australia's highest paid workers with average ordinary earnings of $75,514 per annum, followed by Western Australia on $70,101.

Australia's best-paid workers are miners, whose ordinary earnings average $103,111 a year.

Next come professional, scientific and technical services workers who average $77,761 per annum.

Retail workers average $48,703.

The poorest wages are found in the accommodation and restaurant sector where full-time workers earn $46,306 on average.

The high prices fetched by Australia's commodity exports in recent years are expected to continue into the foreseeable future. Projections are than Australian wages have a good chance of continuing to grow at a faster rate than in most other western economies.

Source: http://www.emigratetoaustralia.org/average-wages-australia.html

Brynhild
06-07-2011, 10:58 AM

Sounds to me like that percentage covers both islands, but I know for a fact that there are more European extracted people on the south island as they tolerate the colder temperatures much better. The highest proportion of Maoris and Islanders are around Auckland and extending up to the Northland.

As for what we like to call people, it's sledging - we just love taking the piss out of people. And no matter what we say about Poms, Paddies et al, at the end of the day you lot are more our kin than the others.

The whole paying by the week is bollocks. I wonder who came up with that scheme.

There is no bloody way in the world that I would want to survive on a month by month basis. That system is a load of bollocks!

poiuytrewq0987
06-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Maybe it depends on what you call middle class then. I consider most of the people I know to be middle class, and most of them sit on about $2000/wk. $45,000 - $60,000 is well below even the average wage overall in WA, let alone the average wage for a middle class person.

Hm, that's interesting. High wages but high cost of living curbs inflation just enough.

askra
06-08-2011, 03:49 AM

yes i'm sorry, i will not reply him anymore, though i have other valid reasons to think that he is not english, but probably italian.

bytheway i cut a poor figure with my knowledge of english language :embarrassed

Bridie
06-08-2011, 04:25 AM
yes i'm sorry, i will not reply him anymore, though i have other valid reasons to think that he is not english, but probably italian.

bytheway i cut a poor figure with my knowledge of english language :embarrassedI was only joking, Askra. :p Just taking the opportunity to call Englishmen bastards! :D

For all I know, Aces is not English. His views of Australia that stem from living in Australia are certainly strange for an Englishman.

BeerBaron
06-08-2011, 05:48 AM
I don't know how much you can bet on those economies in the future, or any really. Another "anglo" country would be Canada, good economy (for now) lots of natural resources, gotta like the cold though.

Bloodeagle
06-08-2011, 06:17 AM
I don't know how much you can bet on those economies in the future, or any really. Another "anglo" country would be Canada, good economy (for now) lots of natural resources, gotta like the cold though.

F*ck the cold! :D

Lucretius
06-08-2011, 06:58 AM

Embraced by the cold,love it.:thumb001:

Aces High
06-08-2011, 09:15 AM
I was only joking, Askra. :p Just taking the opportunity to call Englishmen bastards! :D

For all I know, Aces is not English. His views of Australia that stem from living in Australia are certainly strange for an Englishman.

I used to live for a few years in Manly (upper gilbert st behind the aquarium on the harbour side),on the north shore.
I have a house in Sedilo in Sardegna,and one in Rome...my wifes from Italy.
I work for a swiss firm half the time in Italy,so had to learn Italian to a very high standard.

Every body satisfied now.....all you had to do was ask.

As for the Englsihman bastard remark....heres one for you.

Q) What do Australians and computers have in common...?

A) You have to punch information into both of them.

;)

Bridie
06-08-2011, 10:43 AM
As for the Englsihman bastard remark....heres one for you.

Q) What do Australians and computers have in common...?

A) You have to punch information into both of them.

;)Hmmm... that's a fair effort at Aussie/convict bashing Aces... but not really harsh enough to qualify you as an English bastard. :icon_wink: Try a bit harder next time please. :shakefist

Albion
06-09-2011, 09:07 AM
I wonder what'll happen when the New Caledonia referendum on indepdence is carried out, I think France promised it to the UN in 2015 or something like that. Around 35% of the pople there are European and most of the North of the island is European.
I would like to see the North break away and remain with France no matter what the Caladoche Melanesians do - then they can build a wall in the north to keep out the pending flood of immigrants once the Caladoches realise they can't run a country.
I can always dream I suppose.

http://www.globalmountainsummit.org/images/great-wall-of-china/great-wall-of-china-12.jpg

AussieScott
06-17-2011, 02:48 PM

Actually my parents are divorced and remarried to Italians. My step dads family was from the south and my step mums family was from the north. I know of the differences. Your right there are not many northern Italians in Australia, in ratio to the southern Italians. There are Mafia connections from both families though, something they never like talking about. The same with world war 2, though my Nonno(ex SS) from my step mums side passed long ago so they can't hold him for anything now.

AussieScott
06-17-2011, 03:01 PM
If you survive in Southern Italy, where you must do things well and are underpaid, when you go abroad you make the fortune. It happened the same with all my relatives emigrated in Australia and the USA.

The map clearly shows that there is more mafia in Northern Italy than in Abruzzo and I agree. We have our own problems here (few work and employers who like to exploit workers) but never heard of mafia. Also our politicians have still a dignity: the ex mayor of my city was discovered to steal money (every mayor does and he did less than many others and used those money to rebuild the city) and he gave the dimission. Now look at Berlusconi, Milanese, and at Moratti, also from Milan... :rolleyes2: Both steal far more and neither one gave the dimissions.

My Step dad was from Calabria, and he work extremely hard in fact his whole family worked hard and there's less Mafia in his family then in my step mums Northern Italian side.

Foxy
10-02-2011, 08:17 PM
In 28 days I will be in Australia. :D Some suggestions, especially for what concerns clothes? What should I bring? I will be in Sydney and I'll remain until half Jenuary.
Also, how should I wear? My mom says that Australians don't put a lot of care about fashion, but as I want to make friends there, which way is better to behave and wear? What Australians like and what do they detest in people in general?

Aces High
10-02-2011, 08:45 PM
In 28 days I will be in Australia. :D Some suggestions, especially for what concerns clothes? What should I bring? I will be in Sydney and I'll remain until half Jenuary.
Also, how should I wear? My mom says that Australians don't put a lot of care about fashion, but as I want to make friends there, which way is better to behave and wear? What Australians like and what do they detest in people in general?

At this time of year its spring in Sydney,clear crisp sunny days but not too hot.
It warms up a lot around november,buy all your beechwear over there as it costs a fraction of what you would pay in Italy.

Where will you be staying..?

Foxy
10-02-2011, 08:53 PM
At this time of year its spring in Sydney,clear crisp sunny days but not too hot.
It warms up a lot around november,buy all your beechwear over there as it costs a fraction of what you would pay in Italy.

Where will you be staying..?

In Sydney, and I'll remain from 1st November to half January.

Aces High
10-03-2011, 08:39 AM
In Sydney, and I'll remain from 1st November to half January.

Sydneys ok,as long as you arent too far away from the sea.....you there for work or leasure..?

If you arent working you could get up into the blue mountains which are nice,visit the famous surf beaches on the north shore...(stay away from that shithole bondi.....the ostia/rimini of Australia)

Youll be allright,loads of Australians speak Italian if you get into difficulty.

Siberyak
10-03-2011, 08:58 AM
If you want a really white country then I suggest belarus

ikki
10-03-2011, 09:11 AM
If you want a really white country then I suggest belarus

should be cheap too.. :p

Foxy
10-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Sydneys ok,as long as you arent too far away from the sea.....you there for work or leasure..?

If you arent working you could get up into the blue mountains which are nice,visit the famous surf beaches on the north shore...(stay away from that shithole bondi.....the ostia/rimini of Australia)

Youll be allright,loads of Australians speak Italian if you get into difficulty.

I go there for a working holiday. My first target is to learn English perfectly (I have finished all my English examinations at university with 30/30 + honor but now I need some train among natives).
I'll stay pretty close to Parramatta and ofc I cannot avoid Bondi, it's considered one of the most beautiful beaches of whe world! Although, from what I remember, I prefer Shelly Beach.