PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Coptic Egyptians best to worst.

Sikeliot
01-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Iberia
North Italy
Sicily
Greece
Turkey
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia
Lebanon
Armenia
Georgia
Iran
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Ethiopia

http://davidmixner.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c90b153ef019b00faa891970b-pi
http://www.thenational.ae/storyimage/AB/20150106/GALLERY/150109414/AR/0/AR-150109414.jpg&MaxW=960&imageVersion=default
http://i58.tinypic.com/aep0uv.jpg
http://harvardpolitics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Egyptian-Copts.jpg

Kitkouach
01-05-2017, 02:14 PM
"They are Christian, they don't look like muslims" in 3,2,1 x)

To replay, it's difficult cause they pass in very few countries (one or two).
These would even have troubles to fit in Lebanon, for exemple.
To take it globaly, i'd say :

Tunisia
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
Georgia (i saw they could be quite dark haha)
Would be their best.

Then, i'd say.
Pakistan
Lebanon
Iberia
Sicily
Iran
Afghanistan
Armenia
Greece
North Italy
Ethiopia

MysteriousWays
01-05-2017, 02:28 PM
In terms of fitting, I'll try to rank (this is difficult):

Saudi Arabia
Tunisia

They don't fit well in the rest, but....here we go

Turkey
Armenia
Georgia
Sicily
Iran
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Iberia
North Italy
Greece (mainland)
Ethiopia

crazyladybutterfly
01-05-2017, 02:30 PM
they look more middle eastern than north african to me

lameduck
01-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Tunisia
Saudi
leb
iran
armenia
Afghanistan
Pakistan

Sacrificed Ram
01-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Something between north africa and levant, despite the roots of copts are native egyptians + greeks. Coptic language is a greek dialect. Coptics were famous slave merchants working for muslims, they had contact with slaves from diverse regions of the world, black africans, soutern europeans, slavs, caucasians, turkic-tatars, etc, I don't know if they absorbed something about it.

Kitkouach
01-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Something between north africa and levant, despite the roots of copts are native egyptians + greeks. Coptic language is a greek dialect. Coptics were famous slave merchants working for muslims, they had contact with slaves from diverse regions of the world, black africans, soutern europeans, slavs, caucasians, turkic-tatars, etc, I don't know if they absorbed something about it.

U can see a dinaricized woman (second pick), but ofc todays coptic mixed with native egyptians, most of the time (those who converted to the christ, for exemple) (it happens haha). When some coptic may have converted to islam.
I think everyone is kinda mixed.

they look more middle eastern than north african to me

Generally, Egyptian are clother to ME than typical NA with more SSA IMO. Though, these don't seem to show many. But i think they would not shock in Tunisia.

Sikeliot
01-05-2017, 10:54 PM
bump

Green
01-06-2017, 10:40 AM
italian

Egyptian
01-06-2017, 10:42 AM
They look Palestinians.

Bosniensis
01-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Copts and Syrians were called "Romans" for a reason they ARE actually mixture of Roman colonists + domestic people of Syria, Egypt.

Egyptian
01-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Hint : Egyptian Christians are the same like every race in Egypt , ( MIXED) ..

Bosniensis
01-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Hint : Egyptian Christians are the same like every race in Egypt , ( MIXED) ..

Try to explain that to Germans and Anglo-American-Jewish civilization. 5000 years wouldn't be enough.

Egyptian
01-06-2017, 10:48 AM
Try to explain that to Germans and Anglo-American-Jewish civilization. 5000 years wouldn't be enough.

I don't need to explain to them .. if they believed or no that won't change the fact that Christians in Egypt are mixed with Arabs,Greeks , Romans , Turks and so on.

Every race in Egypt is mixed , actually Egypt was 3 races including Nubians and Sudanese untill the greeks , Arabs , Romans and so on went to Egypt and the bloodline got mixed.

Sacrificed Ram
01-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Copts and Syrians were called "Romans" for a reason they ARE actually mixture of Roman colonists + domestic people of Syria, Egypt.

Muslims tended to call any greek speak christians as "rumi", due Byzatine Empire was the Eastern Roman Empire. I don't believe levant and Egypt received colonist from Italy, only soldiers and possible most of these weren't italians. The only presence of italians in Egypt were mercenaries those fought against... the crusaders.

Bosniensis
01-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Muslims tended to call any greek speak christians as "rumi", due Byzatine Empire was the Eastern Roman Empire. I don't believe levant and Egypt received colonist from Italy, only soldiers and possible most of these weren't italians. The only presence of italians in Egypt were mercenaries those fought against... the crusaders.

Greeks, Celts, Pelasgians, Etrurians = Romans.. Latin & Greek were Two official languages of Romans, even Latin originated in Greece from archaic eboean form.

There wasn't two Empires but only One Roman Empire, and Constantinople was the Capital city of entire empire since 330 A.D.

There were 2 sometimes even 3 "courts" but it was all a single empire with regional rulers.

Please stop ahistorical "byzantine" stories, Byzantine empire never existed except in the heads of German, Anglo-American historians.
They have no knowledge of such things, neither they existed in those times so they could counter ancient writings.

Kitkouach
01-06-2017, 11:23 AM
With Otoman Empire, Egyptia and Balkans had many connexions.
Just that element may explain some mixtures in Egyptia.

That's a mistake to think "western" genes are only due to Greeks/Byzantine Empire (witch Egypt was kinda part of, i know).
And that shows every egyptian was potentially concerned by mixing, not only Christians.

So no, Coptic are not a specific race of Egyptia, nobody can actually notice them until they show some religious signs (cross, or in a church...)

Percivalle
01-06-2017, 11:40 AM

Byzantine Greeks called themselves "Rumi". This is the reason why muslims tended to call any Greek-speaking Christian as "Rumi".

Greeks, Celts, Pelasgians, Etrurians = Romans..

You just forget the Volturi, the Quileute tribe, the Apaches and the Japanese Samurai.

Latin & Greek were Two official languages of Romans, even Latin originated in Greece from archaic eboean form.

The archaic Euboean form is a Greek script based on the Phoenician alphabet, not a language. The Euboean form has nothing to do with the origin of a language, its sintax and morphology. Most of the languages, also the Germanic runes, used a script derived, although not directly, from the Euboean form.

There wasn't two Empires but only One Roman Empire, and Constantinople was the Capital city of entire empire since 330 A.D.

You're speaking of the Late Roman Empire, but this has nothing to do with the ethnic Romans, especially during the Roman monarchy, the Roman Republic and the Early Roman empire.

The Blade
01-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Tunisia and Saudi Arabia.

averagedude
01-06-2017, 10:37 PM
"They are Christian, they don't look like muslims" in 3,2,1 x)

To replay, it's difficult cause they pass in very few countries (one or two).
These would even have troubles to fit in Lebanon, for exemple.
To take it globaly, i'd say :

Tunisia
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
Georgia (i saw they could be quite dark haha)
Would be their best.

Then, i'd say.
Pakistan
Lebanon
Iberia
Sicily
Iran
Afghanistan
Armenia
Greece
North Italy
Ethiopia