PDA

View Full Version : Hitler explains his attack on the Soviet Union

The Lawspeaker
10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Qd_CA9dVTnI
Very interesting speech. It really showed things from a different perspective.

Agrippa
10-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Very interesting speech. It really showed things from a different perspective.

Which many people want to hush up of course...

Actually a rather calm and measured speech, with interesting comments about Europe and its people at the end.

Thanks for sharing.

The Lawspeaker
10-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Thank Koskenkova :)

Debaser11
10-18-2010, 05:17 PM
I think many leaders would have done the same thing Hitler did. People speak of how dumb he was now with the benefit of hindsight. I don't think he had much of a choice in the long run.

Svanhild
10-18-2010, 05:20 PM
He mentions how he was saddened by the fact that giant USSR took the northeast of Europe and crushed the tiny Finnish folk. How it hurts to see this as a soldier and how he feels increasingly threatened by Sovjet efforts to focus on Central Europe. He doesn't sound like a liar in this.

Debaser11
10-18-2010, 05:27 PM
There are actually quite a few good speeches on youtube you can find if you want a glimpse of how Hitler appeared to the German people, free of the Jewish glaze of propaganda that permeates just about every mainstream media clip he appears in.

I particularly enjoy hearing him respond to Roosevelt in 1941, which is another moment in history that people point to in order to try to prove how mad with war he was and even support outrageous claims that the wanted to invade the U.S.

Smaland
10-18-2010, 05:59 PM
S4Fd49_A61A

In the course of his speech, he also talks about PTSD (from approximately 2:45 to 3:00)

Gamera
10-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Very interesting speech, didn't know it existed. Thanks. Surely shows things from a different perspective.

Debaser11
10-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I wish this guy had left the music out. But it's interesting.
*Never mind, he only has it at the beginning.

hOY_0gIV7is

Curtis24
10-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Pretty interesting, but its what I knew already. The history of Europe is really the history of . other powers trying to expand into Germany vs. Germany expanding to protect itself.

Debaser11
10-18-2010, 07:30 PM
^That's good. Not enough people know this. If people knew this, then the "give peace a chance" crowd wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Curtis24
10-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I mean Germany is just one giant fertile open plain with no geographic defenses and a large, hardworking and organized population ripe for exploitation by foreign powers.

Debaser11
10-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Curtis, are you familiar with the basic outline of the Morgenthau Plan? It supports your claim pretty well and also explains why Hitler was "too selfish to surrender."

Curtis24
10-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Can't say that I am.... what was it?

Debaser11
10-18-2010, 11:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgenthau_Plan
^Decent place to that start that at least has the basic outline.

[In 1986 David Irving published in the German language a file of Allied documents on the origins and history of the Morgenthau Plan. This was his introduction to the documentation].

THIS VOLUME reproduces in full the 22-page Morgenthau Plan for the first time. [Not yet reproduced on this site. This is just the editor's Introduction].

It also prints a selection of key British and American documents relating to the plan, although the story is still incomplete: many parts of the British foreign office files relating to it are still closed to public inspection, an exception to the general thirty-year rule.

The Morgenthau Plan, more formally known as the Treasury Plan for the Treatment of Germany, was devised by Assistant Treasury Secretary Harry Dexter White and Secretary Henry R. Morgenthau Jr. in the summer of 1944. Morgenthau had just visited the battlefields of Normandy and spoken with General Dwight D Eisenhower, the Supreme Allied Commander, then arrived in Britain for talks with Mr Winston Churchill, the British prime minister and his advisers.

While important elements of the Plan, including the subtle re-education of the Germans by their own refugees and the dismantling of German heavy

industry to aid British exports, were indeed put into effect, in the directive 1067 which the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff finally issued to Eisenhower, the main parts of the Morgenthau Plan, including orders to liquidate entire classes of suspected Nazi war criminals upon simple identification, and to leave the German nation to 'stew in its own juice,' were not formally implemented.

The Morgenthau Plan would have led to the death by starvation and pestilence of ten million Germans in the first two years after the war, in addition to the one million who had been killed in the saturation bombing and the three million killed in the enforced expulsion from Germany's eastern territories.

The Plan, enthusiastically adopted by German-born Lord Cherwell (Professor Friedrich A. Lindemann, Churchill's close friend, economic, strategic and scientific adviser), was pushed through at the Quebec summit conference between Roosevelt and Churchill on September 15, 1944.

It was part of the price that Churchill and Cherwell were willing to pay for a broad package of American concessions over which Morgenthau had political control including further Lend-lease aid (Phase II) to the British Empire after the war; moreover Mr Churchill needed his support on military issues including joint British strategic control of the atomic bomb (the Hyde Park agreement which was signed on September 18, 1944) and Britain's participation in the war in the Pacific. We can only speculate about Harry Dexter White's purpose in canvassing a plan which would have ruined the largest country in Central Europe, the last bastion that would protect Western Europe from the Red Army in post-war years.

The memorandum endorsing the plan's objectives was initialled (Okayed) by F.D.R. and W.C. on September 15, 1944.

The Plan caused immediate controversy. Hearing that it had been initialled at Quebec, Henry L. Stimson, Secretary of War (Kriegsminister), made bitter comments about the Semites in his unpublished private diary. Anthony Eden, British foreign secretary (1940-1945).and later prime minister, dismissed Morgenthau's and Lord Cherwell's lobbying, in a hitherto unpublished document, as a piece of gratuitous impertinence: 'These ex-Germans,' wrote Eden, 'seem to wish to wash away their ancestry in a bath of hate. A.E. Nov 19.'

When details of the Morgenthau Plan leaked to the press in America, angry British politicians demanded to know if Churchill had indeed signed such a document.

In 1953, after the F.B.I. levelled Soviet spy charges against the plan's co-author, Herry Dexter White, Sir Winston Churchill sent to Lord Cherwell a letter behind which was all the anxiety and guilt of a great man who realizes he has been duped.

http://www.fpp.co.uk/bookchapters/Morgenthau.html

Further reading:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/32024401/HELL-The-Physical-and-Cultural-Destruction-of-Germany
http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v09/v09p287_Kubek.html

Austin
10-19-2010, 12:19 AM
Hitler was a good man. I'd vote for him.

Guapo
10-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Hitler is dead.

Austin
10-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Hitler is dead.

He could be resurrected couldn't he? In the future? I think perhaps so.

Debaser11
10-19-2010, 12:55 AM
He was definitely much more idealistic than any politicians we have seen in a long time.

Guapo
10-19-2010, 01:13 AM

No, resurrection is only for Jesus.

Austin
10-19-2010, 01:16 AM
No, resurrection is only for Jesus.

Could be possible in the future to resurrect or regrow people from past times.

Groenewolf
10-19-2010, 04:05 AM
Could be possible in the future to resurrect or regrow people from past times.

But that would require DNA for this process of necro-cloning.

Austin
10-19-2010, 05:24 AM
But that would require DNA for this process of necro-cloning.

Maybe not. Hitler has living blood relatives in the U.S.

Perhaps in future times someones relatives blood will be enough to recreate them.

Groenewolf
10-19-2010, 06:01 AM
Perhaps in future times someones relatives blood will be enough to recreate them.

But then you still need to know his DNA-profile to make the clone.

Austin
10-19-2010, 06:29 AM
But then you still need to know his DNA-profile to make the clone.

Well obviously if we can go to a past sub-dimension in the future with somebody dressed up as a Nazi courier and get a tissue he used out of the garbage of his office while he is visiting Paris then I think it can be accomplished.

Svanhild
10-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Mech Hitler - blowing down your house not before 2033. Hundred years after his first Machtergreifung. :wink

http://media.avclub.com/images/articles/article/1552/SB_robot-hitler_color.jpg

Don
10-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Some impressions.

First, he is (or manages to show it quite realistically) very emotive and is close to the tears in some points. These moments are when he talks about the consequences for his people of the acts. Impressive leader's empathy and even fusion with his people... or superior leader's acting.

Second, he talks about Honor in several times (a word and speech lost in the past of our common history) and about the defense of Europe against the non-europeans, the Russians in this case, with the sacrifice of Germans not for Germany, but for Europe. Something just like Spaniards did with another non-european menace, the Islam, in Reconquista or Lepanto. The presence of other european volunteers was sensible in both. Yes, we can add here the Spartans.

And third, the Finland gets a gently applause when he names its people as heroes. But when he names one by one the countries that help him to defend Europe, at the end of his speech, he decides to name the last, waiting the people to guard silence and be heard, the Spaniards, receiving the most intense applauses. Why? Well, this is a very complex, interesting and long history...

Anyway, great document, Asega. I really get surprised and amazed every time I see what a big -and close- event like that was Real. Impressive.

Groenewolf
10-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Well obviously if we can go to a past sub-dimension in the future with somebody dressed up as a Nazi courier and get a tissue he used out of the garbage of his office while he is visiting Paris then I think it can be accomplished.

In that case we could also snatch just before he commits suicide and replace him with a clone. In that way we have the original.

Austin
10-19-2010, 03:14 PM
In that case we could also snatch just before he commits suicide and replace him with a clone. In that way we have the original.

I think we'd need to have a clone so as to imprint his mind with modern realities so he could implement policy accordingly on the renewed scope needed as well as relate in new speeches to modern people. Although I don't think he'd have a problem in that respect, Hitler has immense respect among many people in this world to this day, a very admired man to be sure.

Harcos
10-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Hitler was a good man. I'd vote for him.

Are you sure you are the same person who called Hitler a 'nut-job' a while ago?

Debaser11
10-19-2010, 08:41 PM
^ Well, any open-minded person can change their views.