PDA

View Full Version : How long take the kit to come?

Vascontelo
01-09-2017, 05:53 PM
I have ordered my kit two weeks ago but i am reading that the usps first class mail is a shit and packets take a lot to reach their destinations. So if i am in Central America, i have any chances to see that kit someday?

Linebacker
01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
If you didn't pay for an express delivery you'll probably wait a month.Maybe even more.

Who actually holds the record for the slowest arriving kit on Apricity??Thats hot thread material right there,steal it while its hot.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
01-09-2017, 06:40 PM
I have ordered my kit two weeks ago but i am reading that the usps first class mail is a shit and packets take a lot to reach their destinations. So if i am in Central America, i have any chances to see that kit someday?

I ordered mine on 14th December and it didn't arrive yet. I am guessing it is normal. I ordered the International version, which one your ordered? It was shipped from Russia so I am guessing the kit is still stuck in customs services at the airport.

Kriptc06
01-09-2017, 06:49 PM
mine took two weeks, by USPS first class

01-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Mine was sent by FedEx. I am starting to worry that something went wrong...it says:

Destination customs clearance underway Dec. 29, 2016

But I didn't get anything so far.

Kriptc06
01-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Mine was sent by FedEx. I am starting to worry that something went wrong...it says:

Destination customs clearance underway Dec. 29, 2016

But I didn't get anything so far.

customs is aduaneira, they might hold your package for a few days, to analyze it, and maybe tax it (maybe not, mine wasn't), aduaneira is were it takes the most time, if it wasn't for that mine would have arrived in 6 days.

01-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Yes, I am guessing that is the reason why it is taking so long. They sent it from Russia to me :picard1: No way they will let it pass without inspecting first.

Vascontelo
01-09-2017, 07:31 PM
I ordered mine on 14th December and it didn't arrive yet. I am guessing it is normal. I ordered the International version, which one your ordered? It was shipped from Russia so I am guessing the kit is still stuck in customs services at the airport.

International version same as you but they sent it me from USA, in fact, the kit arrived to Chicago six days ago.

Vascontelo
01-11-2017, 05:33 PM
14 days and couting, the packet still in Chicago ...

Kriptc06
01-11-2017, 05:39 PM

oh man, im sorry

Dema
01-11-2017, 05:44 PM
2 - 5 weeks

Leto
01-29-2017, 04:28 PM
Mine was in Chicago on January 14. 15 days have passed and everything is still the same.

Vascontelo
01-30-2017, 12:54 AM
Mine was in Chicago on January 14. 15 days have passed and everything is still the same.

I contact the FTDNA support and they guess my packet it got lost so they will sent me a new kit but i ask for the expediting shipping with fedex (cost 86 aditional dollars) because i want my fucking kit here.

Lucas
01-31-2017, 08:21 PM
I waited 17 days to get it in Poland.
23 days to be shipped back to USA.

Lucas
01-31-2017, 08:23 PM
But waiting for results since there (19 January) eh... Expected time for Family Finder second half of February, expected time for Y-DNa first half of March.

Seya
01-31-2017, 08:38 PM
u don't have a tracking number? my kit got lost for over a week..i couldn't track it anymore..

Vascontelo
02-01-2017, 02:03 AM
u don't have a tracking number? my kit got lost for over a week..i couldn't track it anymore..

Yes i had it but they told me tracking number just works when the packet is in United States, when the packet leaves USA, it stops working.

I'm very upset. I charged the expediting shipping with Fedex ( 49 + 86 $ and after the sent costs) and the FTDNA support member told me it takes like 3 days but i didn't received a tracking number or something that guarantee that. So i hope tomorrow my kit finally comes to home. Pray for my kit :rolleyes:

Lek
02-01-2017, 02:23 AM

What did you order and when did you order it?

Vascontelo
02-02-2017, 01:43 AM
Finally mi kit arrives. I love fedex.

Not a Cop
02-02-2017, 02:06 AM

It's normal, you should only start to worry if it's been over 1,5 months, i've ordered on 26 december got it in post office on 27 january.

Leto
02-02-2017, 06:13 AM
It's normal, you should only start to worry if it's been over 1,5 months, i've ordered on 26 december got it in post office on 27 january.
Well, the tracking site doesn't give me any result. It only says the item is currently in transit to the destination. Today is February 2nd. No further information is available.

Leto
02-02-2017, 06:14 AM
del

Leto
02-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Yes i had it but they told me tracking number just works when the packet is in United States, when the packet leaves USA, it stops working.
Lol. Then no wonder why I cannot track mine any longer. It must have left the US, but has it come to Russia or gotten lost somehow?..

Vascontelo
02-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Lol. Then no wonder why I cannot track mine any longer. It must have left the US, but has it come to Russia or gotten lost somehow?..

I dont know ... when i asked to ftdna after a month they told me maybe my packet got lost so i asked for a new kit. But some people says it could take until 3 months. If you are impatience i suggest to you a new kit with expediting shipping.

Leto
02-04-2017, 10:02 AM
I dont know ... when i asked to ftdna after a month they told me maybe my packet got lost so i asked for a new kit. But some people says it could take until 3 months. If you are impatience i suggest to you a new kit with expediting shipping.
Expediting shipping costs too much for me. I contacted the support team a couple of days ago and this is what they said:

Thanks for contacting us. International shipping can take several weeks. Typically the next step after leaving Chicago is to clear Customs in the destination country. We're going to go ahead and mail you a replacement kit just in case the original has been lost. It could still be clearing Customs, so if you do end up receiving both the original and the replacement, go ahead and discard one of those kits instead of sending both back to us.

Deniz
02-10-2017, 11:03 AM
I just ordered two autosomal(for my father and my mother)and one Y-dna 37(for My maternal side) kits.Last time,I received my kit just an one week.

CommonSense
08-17-2018, 11:34 PM
Does it still take very long for the kit to arrive when shipped to Europe? I ordered one 11 days ago and have yet to receive it.

Leto
08-18-2018, 06:09 AM
Does it still take very long for the kit to arrive when shipped to Europe? I ordered one 11 days ago and have yet to receive it.
Do you have a tracking number? Two weeks after they sent it to you it should be delivered.

CommonSense
08-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Do you have a tracking number? Two weeks after they sent it to you it should be delivered.

I didn't receive one. All I know it was sent on the 7th, since that's what I read when I logged into the FTDNA site. Two weeks still haven't passed so I guess I have no reason yet to worry, I was just curious because, as we can see, some of the older posts here claim it took them basically a month for the kit to arrive.

Leto
08-18-2018, 04:18 PM
I didn't receive one. All I know it was sent on the 7th, since that's what I read when I logged into the FTDNA site. Two weeks still haven't passed so I guess I have no reason yet to worry, I was just curious because, as we can see, some of the older posts here claim it took them basically a month for the kit to arrive.
That's strange, 'cause they should have given you a tracking number. I think you need to contact Staff so that they will provide the number.
By the way, how much did you pay for the whole thing?

CommonSense
08-18-2018, 06:18 PM
That's strange, 'cause they should have given you a tracking number. I think you need to contact Staff so that they will provide the number.
By the way, how much did you pay for the whole thing?

Around 160 euros for the Family Finder + Y-37. I'll ask 'em for the number if it still doesn't arrive by the day after tomorrow.

Vascontelo
08-19-2018, 04:56 PM
If your kit is lost, you should ask for the fedex delivery, it's expensive but more realiable

CommonSense
08-21-2018, 03:09 PM
The kit arived yesterday, 13 days after I ordered it. I took the swab sample as instructed and packed the vials back in the envelope yesterday evening. The people at the post office earlier today gave me a lot of troubles when I went there to ship back the envelope. The closest post office outright refused to mail it and the other one made me sign a bunch of forms and finally accepted it after making a big fuss about how it might fail to pass customs. I have no idea why they were so puzzled...it seems as though not many people in Serbia take these DNA tests...the Serbs who get tested are mostly diaspora. Over here people would rather be told about their origin by cranks like Deretic, doing something like I am now would shatter their foolish illusions.

Anyway, here's to hoping there are no more issues!:icon_cheers: I'll make a thread about the results when I receive them.

Leto
08-21-2018, 04:32 PM
The kit arived yesterday, 13 days after I ordered it. I took the swab sample as instructed and packed the vials back in the envelope yesterday evening. The people at the post office earlier today gave me a lot of troubles when I went there to ship back the envelope. The closest post office outright refused to mail it and the other one made me sign a bunch of forms and finally accepted it after making a big fuss about how it might fail to pass customs. I have no idea why they were so puzzled...it seems as though not many people in Serbia take these DNA tests...the Serbs who get tested are mostly diaspora. Over here people would rather be told about their origin by cranks like Deretic, doing something like I am now would shatter their foolish illusions.

Anyway, here's to hoping there are no more issues!:icon_cheers: I'll make a thread about the results when I receive them.
Congrats! :thumb001: In Russia I lied to them at the post office and everything was just fine. They believed me and didn't check the envelope.

Leto
09-05-2018, 08:36 PM

Is your DNA being processed in the lab? I'm curious how fast they do it these days because my brother-in-law is gonna get tested this fall (I'm paying half the price).

CommonSense
09-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Is your DNA being processed in the lab? I'm curious how fast they do it these days because my brother-in-law is gonna get tested this fall (I'm paying half the price).

I just received an email from FTDNA less than 10 minutes ago saying my sample has been checked-in their lab. Though I've yet to get any word about how long it's going to take for them to analyze it. Looks like my original estimate of everything being finished by October was correct :)

Dick
09-05-2018, 10:42 PM
I just received an email from FTDNA less than 10 minutes ago saying my sample has been checked-in their lab. Though I've yet to get any word about how long it's going to take for them to analyze it. Looks like my original estimate of everything being finished by October was correct :)

This is great news. I hope you are I1

Harkonnen
09-05-2018, 10:45 PM

Hello Balkan man :) You think it's good idea to start being funny with me :)

Dick
09-05-2018, 10:47 PM

What?

Harkonnen
09-05-2018, 10:48 PM
What?

You want to start shit with me Balkan man :)

You think it's funny :)

Dick
09-05-2018, 10:49 PM
You want to start shit with me Balkan man :)

You think it's funny :)

What's funny?

CommonSense
09-05-2018, 10:58 PM

Could be, but it seems I2a-DIN is the most common one in the area my ancestors are from:

https://www.poreklo.rs/forum/index.php?topic=886.60

CommonSense
09-05-2018, 11:08 PM
http://oi65.tinypic.com/avrksm.jpg

:)

Mr. Anybody
09-05-2018, 11:14 PM

this dude looks really hardass.

Mr. Anybody
09-05-2018, 11:23 PM
good luck brother.I hope you're not carrying A1a.greetings