PDA

View Full Version : People in the Levant are originally from Europe, new study says

Pulsa Dinura
01-14-2017, 03:00 PM
http://stepfeed.com/people-in-the-levant-are-originally-from-europe-new-study-says-7504;c=stepfeed

Levantines did not migrate directly from Africa, as previously thought.

2017/01/11 @ 17:12
Jason Lemon
By Jason Lemon Deputy Managing Editor

A new genetic study has revealed that the modern day population of the Levant migrated from Europe around 12,000 years ago, and not - as originally thought - from Africa with the rest of the Homo Sapiens.

Pierre Zalloua, a geneticist and Dean of Graduate Studies and Research at Lebanese American University, led the study.

"We now know that we, in the Levant, migrated through the north around 12,000 years ago, and not directly from Africa," Zalloua said.

The study also revealed that the Levant is one of few population groups in the world that have a distinct genetic signature--a combination of genes that allows geneticists to identify a group. This is because the Ice Age left them in a state of isolation for some 25,000 years.

Communities in the Arabian Peninsula and the Black Sea region also developed distinct genetic signatures.

During the Ice Age, hunter-gatherer tribes were forced to live in restricted areas with habitable conditions. These groups remained disconnected from other societies in the world for thousands of years and then began migrating after the ice melted.

"We plotted our data on a map together with climate and archaeological evidence and it all made sense," he said.

Researchers from New Zealand’s University of Otago, Saint Joseph University in Lebanon, and the technology company IBM worked with Zalloua to collect and study the new genetic data.

You can read the full study in http://www.nature.com/articles/srep40338

Profileid
01-14-2017, 03:01 PM
lol

Lek
01-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Next: Somalis came from Europe

Bell Beaker
01-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Elias?

wvwvw
01-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Not surprising. The early Phoenicians as well as Sumerians emigrated from the Aegean to the middle east.

Sumerians themselves said that they came with boats from the Aegean and anthropologists who have studies their skulls confirm this. The first Phoenicians were Greeks from Crete who went to the Mddle East taking with them the alphabet which was already in use in Greece.

Wadaad
01-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Not surprising. The early Phoenicians as well as Sumerians emigrated from the Aegean to the middle east.

Sumerians themselves said that they came with boats from the Aegean and anthropologists who have studies their skulls confirm this. The first Phoenicians were Greeks from Crete who went to the Mddle East taking with them the alphabet which was already in use in Greece.

your IP address was traced to a mental hospital

Lek
01-14-2017, 04:05 PM

In Mogadishu :D

wvwvw
01-14-2017, 04:14 PM

you got it mixed up with your own ip adress

Pulsa Dinura
01-14-2017, 04:24 PM
The first Phoenicians were Greeks from Crete who went to the Middle East taking with them the alphabet which was already in use in Greece.

But according to Herodotus:

"The Phoenicians who came with Cadmus . . . introduced into Greece, after their settlement in the country, a number of accomplishments, of which the most important was writing, an art till then, I think, unknown to the Greeks.”

“From the shape of the letters, it is clear that the Greeks adopted the alphabet the Phoenician script, mostly like during the late 9th century BCE. In fact, Greek historian Herotodus, who lived during the 5th century BCE, called the Greek letters "phoinikeia grammata" (φοινικήια γράμματα), which means Phoenician letters”.

http://www.ancientscripts.com/greek.html

Sikeliot
01-14-2017, 04:29 PM
This may partially explain the genetic similarity to the people of Sicily as well as migration the other way. I always believed that it could not be explained just by Phoenicians or Neolithic Anatolian migration.

johen
01-14-2017, 08:38 PM
http://stepfeed.com/people-in-the-levant-are-originally-from-europe-new-study-says-7504;c=stepfeed

Jason Lemon

A new genetic study has revealed that the modern day population of the Levant migrated from Europe around 12,000 years ago, and not - as originally thought - from Africa with the rest of the Homo Sapiens.

How about Natufian, even if they have Hg E? They are close to UP people.
http://www.pnas.org/content/103/1/242/F1.large.jpg

Seth MacFarlane
01-15-2017, 01:02 PM
These "Studies" are always bullshit

wvwvw
01-15-2017, 11:48 PM

"The Phoenicians who came with Cadmus . . . introduced into Greece, after their settlement in the country, a number of accomplishments, of which the most important was writing, an art till then, I think, unknown to the Greeks.”

But we know that writing was far from unknown to Greeks. As a matter of fact the oldest written script IN THE WORLD, is found in Greece and some of the letters look quite similar to Greek alphabet.

We know for a fact that Linear B was used in Greece before Phoenician script. The Cypriots used a sister script to Linear A to write in Greek in since at least 1700 BC up until 400 BC. Cypriot Linear Script which was derived from the same source as Linear A and therefore far older was in constant use in Cyprus until 400 BC. Almost every Greek historian had been completely familiar with it and thought nothing odd of it.

Linear A and B as well as Cypriot Linear Script are described by ancient historians as Dactylian Letters, the script which preceded Phoenician script which the Idean Dactyls are said to have
invented. The existence of Dactylian letters which existed before Phoenician script is
testified to by ancient historians.

Read Jerome's Chronicon.

"19. Othniel led for forty years. Cadmus, the first to invent Greek letters, ruled in Thebes. At the same time Linus and Amphion were the first among the Greeks to excell in the art of music. The Idaean Dactylites, at the same time, discovered the use of iron in Greece."

an art till then, I think, unknown to the Greeks.”

First of all Herodotus refers to the Hellenes not Greeks. The Greeks were Pelasgians and there are plenty of references by historians to Pelasgic script being in use before Cadmian script. Secondly Hellene lived at the same time as Cadmus so any reference to Hellenes can't possibly predate
Cadmus and the Hellenes can't have had writing before they even existed.

The historical texts say Cadmus and Phoenix ancestors came from Egypt and before that Greece.

Read carefully what Herodotus says. The Phoenicians who came with Cadmus. Cadmus came to Thebes in 1439 BC.

At about 1600 BC two Greek kings Epaphus and Apis (Sarapis/Epapus II) ruled Egypt and these names are recorded in Egyptian and Greek records alike. In 1450 the descendents of these Greek kings, Cadums and Phoenix took the proto-Sinaitic script from Egypt to Greece and Phoenicia.

Proto-Sinaitic symbols date to 2200-1900 BC whereas the Cadmian script was brought to Greece 500 years later and was the same script that Phoenix (Chna in Phoenicians histories) brought to the Phoenicians so they are bound to look similar.

5 different Greek scripts existed in 900 BC therefore the common root have originated centuries before 1000 BC. The fact that certain letters exist in some of these scripts but not in others makes it impossible for one of these extant scripts to be the source of the others therefore a common ancestor must date back centuries before the earliest discover inscriptions.

Since Ionian script does no possess the digamma the foolish idea that the Greek script was passed on to the Greeks by the Ionians from Asia-Minor can be ruled out completely. We already have evidence from Herodotus that the Cadmian scipt was being used by the Argives in at least 1280 BC since Herodotus mentions seeing an inscription on an offering made by Amphitryon in the Temple of Apollo therefore the date of the arrival of Cadmus in Boeotia in 1439 BC as given.

It was a temple built by Thasos the son of Celix the brother of Phoenix and Cadmus so they was no technically Phoenicians. They were Greek Egyptians.

Epaphus the son of Io who Zeus brought to Egypt began his reign in 1645.5 BC and half way during that reign in 1626.5 BC the Thera Eruption occurred. The bible gives a date of 1627 BC for this eruption and the dendrochronolgy gives a date of 1628 BC. In 1596 BC Epaphus also known as Apopis died at the age of 71.5 years.

In about 2094 BC the Pharaoh Wankare or Achtoes III the son of Neferkare IV c.2112 BC or Eveneor founded the civilisation which became know as Atlantis from Solons corruption of Achtoes to Atlas. The name Wankare even survived in the Mycnaean Greek Wa-Na-Ka-(s) and since Plato said that Atlas was a native this would indicate that Egypt may have been conquered by the Greeks almost at the same time that first Achaeans reached the Balkan Peninsula c.2200 BC and the Minoan Palaces civilisation began c.2000-1900 BC. My suspicion is that the kinship swung between Greeks and Egyptians otherwise the Egyptians would not have kept records.

The Greeks records only went up to 1800 BC because before then Linear A script did not exist and the script of the Phaisotos disc was forgotten so they had to rely on the Egyptians to tell them who their first kings were.

In 1250 BC, Cadmian (Ionian and Phoenician variants), Linear B (Mycenaean and Cypriot variants), Cuniform and Hieroglyphic scrips were all being used simultaneously and are proven to have being used Archaeologically.

johen
01-16-2017, 07:35 PM

Jason Lemon

Then, Caucasoid race was created. right?

by Coon,
1. The Upper Paleolithic peoples are the truly indigenous peoples of Europe.
2. The Caucasoid race is of dual origin consisting of Upper Paleolithic types and Mediterranean types.

Amor Vincit Omnia
01-16-2017, 07:46 PM
Jesus , now they ll pretend to return in their homeland , we re fuc*** !!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Amor Vincit Omnia
01-16-2017, 07:49 PM
we need the Sikeliot consultation urgently !

Sikeliot
01-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Jesus , now they ll pretend to return in their homeland , we re fuc*** !!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

If Lebanon becomes an unsafe place for Christians ever, I totally support Lebanese Christians moving to Sicily and southern Italy.

Amor Vincit Omnia
01-16-2017, 08:08 PM
If Lebanon becomes an unsafe place for Christians ever, I totally support Lebanese Christians moving to Sicily and southern Italy.

I don't say they study is fake , for what i know it could be true and i m ready to accept it as true if it is .
the point is that levantine people mean people from levant ...and it mean

(Israel)
Iraq
Jordan
Lebanon
Palestine
Syria

too many for came in south Italy in consideration we have 170k every year caming here by boat only :-p

Abdelnour
01-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Honestly? We shouldn't be leaving our country for anywhere else, but it looks like all of them are either going to Europe or Latin America and what's left with the region is fanatical Islam and corruption.

Wanderer
01-16-2017, 08:16 PM

“From the shape of the letters, it is clear that the Greeks adopted the alphabet the Phoenician script, mostly like during the late 9th century BCE. In fact, Greek historian Herotodus, who lived during the 5th century BCE, called the Greek letters "phoinikeia grammata" (φοινικήια γράμματα), which means Phoenician letters”.

http://www.ancientscripts.com/greek.html

There is much doubt about that. Diodorus of Sicily said this:

But there are some who attribute the invention of letters to the Syrians, from whom the Phoenicians learned them and communicated them to the Greeks when they came with Cadmus into Europe; hence the Greeks called them Phoenician letters. To these that hold this opinion, it is answered that the Phoenicians were not the first that found out letters, but only changed the form and shape of them into other characters, which many afterwards using the name of Phoenicians grew to be common.

Wanderer
02-16-2017, 12:13 AM
There is much doubt about that. Diodorus of Sicily said this:

But there are some who attribute the invention of letters to the Syrians, from whom the Phoenicians learned them and communicated them to the Greeks when they came with Cadmus into Europe; hence the Greeks called them Phoenician letters. To these that hold this opinion, it is answered that the Phoenicians were not the first that found out letters, but only changed the form and shape of them into other characters, which many afterwards using the name of Phoenicians grew to be common.

Here is a good article:

http://www.helleniccomserve.com/chryssisgrkalphabet.html

N1019
02-16-2017, 12:22 AM
Even if true, it doesn't make them European in the sense of being part of the same ethnic group as any modern Europeans.

No doubt it will be used to justify why they should be allowed to flood into Europe.

Petalpusher
02-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Not sure how it's any news. Levantines are not SSA people, 12 000 years ago they steamed from Eurasians, Basal Eurasians originally, just like any W.Eurasian, it shouldn't be any other way in the late up-paleo, as they are pred Caucasoid.

Norse
02-17-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm always right.

I told you Assad was Nordic.

Egyptian
02-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Nope...

gültekin
02-17-2017, 10:16 AM
legitimation of Asylum

I'm always right.

I told you Assad was Nordic.
he is Alpinizied Armenoid. Nordics ain't brachycephalic

kril
02-17-2017, 10:17 AM
nice article !

Norse
02-22-2017, 08:49 PM
No it doesn't mean A-rab can come into Europe.

Only Nordic light eye Levantine can into Europe.

A-rab pls go (to Saud).

Sacrificed Ram
02-22-2017, 09:03 PM
Now I understand why I look so european...

We are even capable to trace the origin of much of lebanese christian families to Yemen... Yes, they fled from Yemen to levant... Now they want flee from levant to Europe... Better than Brazil... Maybe they have dreams to be president of some european country...

Norse
02-22-2017, 09:06 PM
Now I understand why I look so european...

We are even capable to trace the origin of much of lebanese christian families to Yemen... Yes, they fled from Yemen to levant... Now they want flee from levant to Europe... Better than Brazil... Maybe they have dreams to be president of some european country...

Yemenite pls go.

Sacrificed Ram
02-22-2017, 09:13 PM
Yemenite pls go.

http://i.imgur.com/R3i8A6y.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghassanids

StonyArabia
11-24-2017, 01:45 PM
Owd thread lol

Hamlet
11-24-2017, 02:03 PM
So the original Levantines were European H-Gs????

StonyArabia
11-24-2017, 02:13 PM
So the original Levantines were European H-Gs????

If Levantine cane from Europe they probably genocide the Arabian like people. I doubt that's the case it's quite OWD.

Sp_loa
11-26-2017, 10:43 AM
It's not new that many populations in the near east and north-africa are originally from early european immigration. I wonder if near easterns have the same mutation that caused light skin to appear in europe (I'm homozygote for that mutation but I'm predominantly european genetically so it doesn't say anything)