PDA

View Full Version : European sense of humour

The Silent Man
10-20-2010, 01:10 PM
It varies from country to country. The Brits and the Micks are the funniest Europeans, obviously, followed closely by the Maltese (I kid you not: Malta's bus drivers festoon their vehicles with amusing slogans). Scandinavians are known to be especially humourless - hence the alcoholism and high suicide rate. Germans only find toilet jokes funny. The only funny Yanks are blacks and Jews. But the funniest people on earth are surely the Kazhaks - anyone who has watched Borat and not soiled himself laughing must be Swedish.:thumbs up

Eldritch
10-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Your head already was on the block, but you saved yourself by making a couple of actually useful posts. I wonder if you are aware of that, and if you are capable of analysing and if necessary modifying your own behaviour.

That doesn't mean I still don't think this would not be a better forum without you around, and it especially doesn't mean that I'm not sick of cleaning up after you.

I'll tell you what I think is rock-bottom retarded however: signing up on a European preservation site with people from all over Europe as well as the colonies, and then dictating to them what kind of a sense of humour they have. Even if your characterisation were anywhere close to the truth (which it isn't) it would still be surpassingly stupid. Now just the question of whether you are a honest idiot or a troll remains.

Devils Advocate
10-20-2010, 02:27 PM
European 1 I love multiculturalism.
European 2 So do I. I love my democratic country.
European 1 Yes, me too. I also love my government who I trust completely without a doubt.
European 2 Yes, me too.

Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha ahahahaahahaha

The Silent Man
10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Ah, I forgot to mention the Finnish sense of humour, didn't I? Giving visitors smoked reindeer tongue but pretending it's penis! Crazy!

I'm sure you don't realise that your post is actually very funny, Eld, in fact I'm certain of it. You probably can't even begin to understand why I laughed aloud when I was reading it. Humour is part of my cultural heritage, sadly it doesn't appear to be part of yours. Maybe if you could laugh at yourself a bit more you'd be a more rounded human being. Even Nietzsche liked a joke with the boys after work.

Svipdag
10-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Silent, I don't think that you know many Yanks.I would say,on the basis of my own experiences in a long life, that a sense of humour is one area in which we Yanks excel. Though generally less understated,it is about equal to the British sense of humour which I have always enjoyed.

Foxy
10-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Italians are known to have a deep sense of humor, but I have noticed that most time an Italian jokes about something it is to underline a defect of the other person (the so called "frecciatina" or "knife in the shoulders"), or they are making a parody, so I'd say it is an half truth and you always have to be careful to what Italians say.
Italians hidden under a smile the will to strangulate the interlocutor.
And remember... risus abundat in orem stultorum (the ones who laugh to much are idiots)

Radojica
10-20-2010, 02:59 PM
This was made during Bosnian war in Sarajevo and no matter that, it's just great.

Nm1EGI-uPco

Arne
10-20-2010, 03:01 PM
The Micks always laugh about Tea Jokes ..

Eldritch
10-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Ah, I forgot to mention the Finnish sense of humour, didn't I? Giving visitors smoked reindeer tongue but pretending it's penis! Crazy!

I'm sure you don't realise that your post is actually very funny, Eld, in fact I'm certain of it. You probably can't even begin to understand why I laughed aloud when I was reading it. Humour is part of my cultural heritage, sadly it doesn't appear to be part of yours. Maybe if you could laugh at yourself a bit more you'd be a more rounded human being. Even Nietzsche liked a joke with the boys after work.

While what you don't understand is that there's a component missing from your brain :the component that makes a person understand that a forum is not a soapbox for you to climb on from which you dictate to everyone else what stereotypes they are expected to conform to, unless they want to be called "humourless", of course.

It's the same component that would allow you to answer the question "well why shouldn't you be required to simply act out my stereotypes instead?" with more than a blank, uncomprehending stare.

You're not Apricity material. You'll be much happier standing in front of a mirror telling yourself how awesome you are.

The Silent Man's Endlösung coming up.

The Silent Man
10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
The Micks always laugh about Tea Jokes ..

I was right about krauts and toilet jokes, though, wasn't I, Celti? :wink

Arne
10-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I was right about krauts and toilet jokes, though, wasn't I, Celti? :wink

This wasn´t a joke really...