PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian AncestryDNA results

Iloko
01-28-2017, 01:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eJsVdYLtwk&t=95s

Timawa
02-24-2017, 10:43 PM
^ it's similar to some Filipinos' AncestryDNA results with the exception of Melanesian.

Iloko
02-25-2017, 04:22 PM
^ it's similar to some Filipinos' AncestryDNA results with the exception of Melanesian.
He gets 33.28% Gaoshan, 26.69% Southern-Han, 4.44% South Asian, and 7.65% Papuan on WeGene....and also 9.2% Oceanian on DNA.land....he told me that his South Asian doesn't show up at all on DNA.land though.

His ancestry is from Sulawesi in Eastern Indonesia, which explains the sizable Papuan admixture amount.

gültekin
02-25-2017, 04:36 PM
just 4% Melanesian ? is Indonesia and Melanesia so much geneticaly distant? i know that the calculations of this commercial companys sucks but ,even for this standard looks annoying :confused:

Iloko
02-25-2017, 04:49 PM
just 4% Melanesian ? is Indonesia and Melanesia so much geneticaly distant? i know that the calculations of this commercial companys sucks but ,even for this standard looks annoying :confused:
Indonesians are mostly Southeast-Asian(Mongoloid) component. The further east you go the more Papuan admixture you'll find. To me his Melanesian admixture is quite visible in his phenotype. Though the SE-Asian components(the yellow and orange on this chart below) can already produce that 'southeastern' look...

http://i.imgur.com/pa7J03b.jpg

Timawa
02-26-2017, 09:21 PM
He gets 33.28% Gaoshan, 26.69% Southern-Han, 4.44% South Asian, and 7.65% Papuan on WeGene....and also 9.2% Oceanian on DNA.land....he told me that his South Asian doesn't show up at all on DNA.land though.

His ancestry is from Sulawesi in Eastern Indonesia, which explains the sizable Papuan admixture amount.

What about his SEA component?

Iloko
02-28-2017, 12:18 AM
What about his SEA component?
He didn't tell me the exact percentages for that. But he did say that I and him in comparison are similar in the both the "Chinese" and "Southeast Asian" categories.

alpha
02-28-2017, 03:49 AM
Indonesians are mostly Southeast-Asian(Mongoloid) component. The further east you go the more Papuan admixture you'll find. To me his Melanesian admixture is quite visible in his phenotype. Though the SE-Asian components(the yellow and orange on this chart below) can already produce that 'southeastern' look...

What is PhU and Kan?

Kriptc06
02-28-2017, 04:03 AM
very nice results, he looks so amazed about it hahah

Timawa
02-28-2017, 05:36 AM
He didn't tell me the exact percentages for that. But he did say that I and him in comparison are similar in the both the "Chinese" and "Southeast Asian" categories.

By the way, the man in the video can pass as Filipino.

Iloko
02-28-2017, 07:38 AM
What is PhU and Kan?
"PhU" is Filipino-Urban(probably in the Manila area); and "Kan" are the Kankanaey-Igorots. The Kankanaey are the purest 'Austronesian' remnant population that were isolated dating back to the original Austronesian-expansion...Taiwanese-aboriginals are a bit more mixed than the Kankanaey-Igorots with some of that Blue 'East-Asian' and yellow 'Austro-Asiatic' component admixed into them...Urban filipinos got around 20% of that blue East-Asian component(which I believe is similar to Han), and also around a quarter of the yellow Austro-Asiatic component which I believe peaks in isolated Cambodian hill tribals. 'Mam' is Negrito. Interesting that Urban-filipinos have some slight genetic influence coming from the Negrito, Papuan, and even some South Asian, and I think a tiny bit of Euro as well.

Here's a link to the original paper if you're interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-rG34nWuNzby1MT2U0aHJJOUE/view?usp=sharing

Iloko
02-28-2017, 07:43 AM
By the way, the man in the video can pass as Filipino.
Yeah I agree he easily passes as a Pinoy. Well his "Chinese" and "Southeast Asian" percentages were very similar to mine he said apart from the Papuan.

In your opinion do you think the Papuan is very visible in his phenotype? I do.

Timawa
03-01-2017, 12:37 AM
Yeah I agree he easily passes as a Pinoy. Well his "Chinese" and "Southeast Asian" percentages were very similar to mine he said apart from the Papuan.

In your opinion do you think the Papuan is very visible in his phenotype? I do.

What do you find in his Papuan phenotype?

Timawa
03-01-2017, 02:42 AM

What does k7 stand for? Is Mam* an ethnic group in the Philippines?

Iloko
03-01-2017, 11:06 PM
What does k7 stand for? Is Mam* an ethnic group in the Philippines?
"Mam" are the Mamanwa negritos. It appears to be the largest 'minority' component in the Filipino-Urban population apart from the Indian/Papuan/Euro.

Iloko
03-01-2017, 11:10 PM
What do you find in his Papuan phenotype?
Hard to explain, it just seems very apparent to me. Especially when you compare his phenotype to an Igorot..the Australoid influence seems very obvious.

Timawa
03-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Hard to explain, it just seems very apparent to me. Especially when you compare his phenotype to an Igorot..the Australoid influence seems very obvious.

The Papuan phentotype is subtle in his features, in my opinion. Darker skin and Afro-textured hair may have to do something with the characteristics of the Papuan feature.