PDA

View Full Version : List the countries from best fit to worse for Aussie singer/actress Delta Goodrem

Tooting Carmen
02-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Yes I know I've opened threads about her before, but to me she is interesting phenotype-wise as she is an example of a light-haired, light-eyed WASP who (at least imo) can pass very well as a Southern European or White Latin American.

Here is the list:

France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ukraine, Serbia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Malta, Cyprus, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Chile.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/11/28/2383E1B600000578-2853145-Making_a_quick_comeback_Delta_Goodrem_has_given_fa ns_a_sneak_pea-20_1417188462924.jpghttp://aussietheatre.aussietheatre.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/delta_goodrem_confirmed_image.jpghttp://hairstyles.thehairstyler.com/hairstyle_views/front_view_images/388/original/4041_Delta-Goodrem-d_copy_2.jpghttp://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/delta-goodrem-2012-logie-awards-06.jpg

Seth MacFarlane
02-06-2017, 09:11 PM
too many options , why add latin america ?

Tooting Carmen
02-06-2017, 09:15 PM

If the list of countries is too overwhelming, split it into regions (NW Europe, NE Europe, SW Europe, SE Europe etc.) Like I said, imo her facial features would not be unusual for a White Latin American in a way that isn't usually the case for WASPs with light hair and light eyes.

Sikeliot
02-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Germany, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, North Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Cuba, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ukraine, Serbia, Greece, South Italy, Malta, Cyprus, Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Puerto Rico

alnortedelsur
02-06-2017, 10:17 PM

lol, because whites are more common in several parts of Latin America (and not only in southern Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay) than what many people usually assume.

Spyy
02-06-2017, 10:26 PM
She resembles Ana Hickmann here

http://hairstyles.thehairstyler.com/hairstyle_views/front_view_images/388/original/4041_Delta-Goodrem-d_copy_2.jpg
http://static1.purepeople.com.br/articles/5/24/86/5/@/239093-ana-hickmann-esta-completando-10-anos-950x0-3.jpg

Top 5 imo

Germany
France
Benelux
Austria
Switzerland/ N. Italy

Tooting Carmen
02-06-2017, 10:28 PM
lol, because whites are more common in several parts of Latin America (and not only in southern Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay) than what many people usually assume.

From the countries listed, what would your order be?

alnortedelsur
02-06-2017, 10:34 PM
From the countries listed, what would your order be?

Is a very long list. I'm working on it...

alnortedelsur
02-06-2017, 11:12 PM
This is a very long list. It would have been more practical to make a multiple choice poll with all those countries as options
(without need to organize them from best to worst, but just to indicate the countries where she would pass, out of that list), but anyways...

Since it is a very long list, I decided to split the list in two parts: Europe and Latin America

In Europe (from best to worse):

Austria
Germany/Switzerland/Hungary/Czech Republic (about even)
Romania/Serbia/Ukraine/Poland/Albania/Bulgaria/France/Spain/Italy/Portugal (about even)
Belgium/Greece (about even)
Netherlands
Denmark
Sweeden
Norway
Malta
Cyprus

In Latin America, from best to worst (but she would pass in all of them, because all the listed Latin American countries have significant white/near-white populations, aside of significant numbers of castizos who could relatively pass as full Euros):

Argentina
Brazil
Cuba
Puerto Rico/Mexico/Venezuela/Colombia/Chile (about even)

alnortedelsur
02-06-2017, 11:36 PM
As a side note: Her case is not rare at all. There are plenty of light haired/light eyed WASPs (not the majority of them, but a significant percentage of them) who could reasonable pass in southern Europe and as white Latin Americans, perhaps 40-50% of them (a wild guess of mine), as long as they are not extremely pale (in a Nordic Scandinavian sense), and have not too Nordic square-like features.

I have posted several white North American WASP actresses, with light features, who could very easily pass as white Latin Americans, in the thread about North Americans who could pass in Latin America.

Seth MacFarlane
02-06-2017, 11:53 PM

Yea i know , but she would definitley be atypical for mexican , puerto rican , colombian , cuban , venezualan. Even the whitest of them look exotic compared to her , she looks northern european while even white latin Americans usually look really southern euro .

alnortedelsur
02-07-2017, 12:22 AM
Yea i know , but she would definitley be atypical for mexican , puerto rican , colombian , cuban , venezualan. Even the whitest of them look exotic compared to her , she looks northern european while even white latin Americans usually look really southern euro .

I disagree (read my post above). Plenty of Southern Euros (and that also goes for white Latin Americans of southern Euro descent) could easily blend among the general population in many European countries (out of southern Europe), and among white North Americans. And likewise, many Central Europeans, North-western Europeans and white North Americans (and not necessarily only the darkest ones, but also many of the ones with light features) could also reasonably pass as Southern Euros or white Latin Americans. There is much more phenotype/pigmentation overlap between Southern, Central and Northern Euros than usually assumed.

And yeah, in those Latin American countries (Argentina and Brazil are mention apart), whites are a minority, but a significant minority, not a tiny minority. And that singer/actress would not look too out of place among white Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Venezuelans, etc.

You must think that whites from those countries (who are not majority but they are significant minorities) are all stereotypical olive-skinned Meds, and that's laughable.

And aside from that, there are even lots of castizos in the continental Latin American countries mentioned above (not the case of Cuba and Puerto Rico) who are lighter than the olive skinned and very dark haired/eyed Med stereotype.

Check the thread of Argentinian crowds opened by Argentano in the Latin American section, and you will see that lots of them are not swarthies compared to this actress, and most of them are of Spanish or Italian stock. And whites from Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc (talking about real whites from those countries, not any light skinned person from there) also look about the same as those white Argentinians.

Tooting Carmen
02-07-2017, 12:46 AM

That's the point though - she doesn't look distinctly Anglo in the same way that e.g. Judi Dench, Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett or Nicole Kidman do. Look at her eyes, mouth and facial shape - I don't think she looks that foreign for (at least some) countries south of the Rio Grande at all.

alnortedelsur
02-07-2017, 12:51 AM
That's the point though - she doesn't look distinctly Anglo in the same way that e.g. Judi Dench, Tilda Swinton or Nicole Kidman do. Look at her eyes, mouth and facial shape - I don't think she looks that foreign for (at least some) countries south of the Rio Grande at all.

She would not look foreign among the whites from any of those Latin American countries from your list.

Not saying that she would be typical in Puerto Rico, Cuba, Mexico, Venezuela or Colombia, because whites are minority in there (I want to make that clear), but she would pass in those countries because whites in there are a significant minority within their respective populations, and lots of the whites from those countries would pass in many European countries, and are not darkies compared to this actress.

Tooting Carmen
02-07-2017, 01:20 AM
Just to make it clear: the type of Brit (or American, or Australian) who neither alnorte nor I would say could pass anywhere in Latin America (except MAYBE Argentina and far Southern Brazil, but even then with extreme difficulty) would be someone like this cricket player who I opened a thread about.
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?201938-List-the-countries-from-best-fit-to-worst-for-English-cricketer-Sam-Billings

The Blade
02-07-2017, 12:18 PM
To me fits best as Austrian, Swiss or German.

Tooting Carmen
02-07-2017, 09:56 PM
To me fits best as Austrian, Swiss or German.

So she looks more Central than NW Euro in your opinion?

The Blade
02-07-2017, 09:58 PM
So she looks more Central than NW Euro in your opinion?
Central-Western.

Odin
08-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Best: NW Europe.
Worse: Southern Europe.