PDA

View Full Version : What could my actual ancestry (based on my results)

kiko
02-10-2017, 07:43 PM
So I got my 23andMe results 2 months ago, & I know I have Spanish ancestry (because of my last names, history, & DNA), as well as Purepecha ancestry (because of where my family came from), but I heard from my dad there could some Sephardi Jewish ancestry, I might have some Amerindian ancestry from Veracruz (Totonac, or some other tribe), so I wondered based on my DNA results what could my actual ancestry be based from the results.

Could my Italian & Sardinian be from the Spanish (from Roman times), or from the Sephardi Jews, or from actual Italian ancestry (there were Italians that settled in Michoacan & established towns like Nueva Italia), or could It be from somewhere else.

Could my North African be from the Moors (via Spain), or from the Sephardi Jews, or from some Canarian ancestry (there were some Canarians in Mexico), or somewhere else.

Could the Akeznazi Jewish be from the Spanish, or from the Sephardi Jews, or somewhere else.

the Northwest European is probably from the Spanish.

The East Asian is probably from the Native American (from remants of East Asian settlement)

The Oceanian is also probably from the Native American (from remants of Polynesian settlement).

Could the West African be from a slave ancestor, or from the Moors.

Could the Central/South African be from the slaves, or the Moors.

kiko
02-10-2017, 11:09 PM
bump

Nehellenia
03-05-2017, 11:23 PM
I think you've answered most of your own questions as Latinos are very ethnically diverse.. and due to them having sephardi and moorish admix, nearly all latinos would have at least one or the other in regards to that in their ancestry, i've never seen yet a Latino result not having either Middle Eastern or African showing as well, even if it's not physically evident in looks. Many assumed 'hispanic' surnames can be also from jewish origins.
Moors come from more North Africa though, Algeria and Morocco primarily so if you're also showing a west and south african admix, that can only be from the slave population.. although moors generally have some low-median degree of SSA in them.

Check out gedmatch and upload your results to there and it may be able to approximate the most of what you are.