PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sullivan Announces AncestryDNA Genetic Communities at #RootsTech 2017

Iloko
02-12-2017, 12:59 PM
http://www.ancestryinsider.org/2017/02/tim-sullivan-announces-genetic.html

firemonkey
03-28-2017, 04:43 PM
I got Scots:connection very likely(95%), which mentioned Scots in Northeast and Central Scotland as a likely(60%) match. This makes sense as I have ancestors from Banffshire,Morayshire,and Glasgow.

English in the West midlands: possible(20%) . It only being possible at 20% surprises me as central region according to Living dna is my top region just edging out Aberdeenshire by about 1%.

dustdragon5717
03-31-2017, 09:10 AM
I have 3 genetic communities.

1. French Settlers of Gaspé, New Brunswick & Maine: Very likely 95%. I am French-Canadian/Arcadian through my great grandmother Isabel Arsenault. I was not surprised that the group showed up, but I was somewhat surprised at how strongly it showed up since I have certain groups that did not show up, and since the other two groups showed up weaker while I am connected to both of them through closer ancestors (grandparents).

2. Finns in Western Finland and Oulu: Likely 60%. My maternal grandfather was Finnish.

3. English in the South West Peninsula: Possible 20%. My paternal grandmother had parents who were born in West Devon, and Cornwall respectively.

My Italian (Maternal Grandmother) and Swedish (Paternal Great-grandfather) ancestry did not show up in my genetic communities.

Iloko
04-04-2017, 10:41 AM
I got none at all :(