PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Chaplins Time Traveler

Sol Invictus
10-26-2010, 01:53 AM
October, 19 2010 | yellowfeverbelfast via Youtube

Starts at 2:37

Y6a4T2tJaSU

This short film is about a piece of footage I (George Clarke) found behind the scenes in Charlie Chaplins film 'The Circus'. Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA - the scene shows a large woman dressed in black with a hat hiding most of her face, with what can only be described as a mobile phone device - talking as she walks alone.

I have studied this film for over a year now - showing it to over 100 people and at a film festival, yet no-one can give any explanation as to what she is doing.

My only theory - as well as many others - is simple... a time traveler on a mobile phone. See for yourself and feel free to leave a comment on your own explanation or thoughts about it.

Svipdag
10-26-2010, 02:39 AM
If she IS a time traveller with a mobile 'phone, who the devil is she talking to ? The mobile telephone explanation presupposes the existence of a mobile telephone system with a relay tower somewhere in the vicinity and at least one other subscriber. Unless,of course,she is using a technology unknown to us and talking across time !

Brynhild
10-27-2010, 03:35 AM
I just saw this and was about to post it myself. I was looking for digitally enhanced footage, looking to see what she held, looking to see if she was actually talking etc and while there should always be a healthy dose of scepticism in such phenonema that would be sensationalised in such a fashion, I'm not at all sure I would rule out the possibility of time travel.

I remember an incident of which I was in a neighbourhood and I was looking across the road at a house and yet I was looking at a plot of land that was full of trees and I felt like I was looking at another place in time. A friend I was with had the same feeling and it was only when somebody else among our group who wanted to know what we were looking at, and gave us a description of what she saw at that moment, did we see the place for what it was in the present.

I looked at the property and looked at my friend, and she had the same baffled look on her face as I felt. The only feeling I could put on it was like going into some sort of time warp, back in the day when the only people occupying the surrounding lands were Aborigines. Make of that what you will, because I still don't quite get it myself.