PDA

View Full Version : Classify/ place/ guess this man

RN97
02-14-2017, 10:08 AM
[img]http

cosmoo
02-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Looks predominantly Noric (light Dinaric), with a possible whiff of some unbrachycephalized type of Med family.

RN97
02-14-2017, 10:36 AM
Looks predominantly Noric (light Dinaric), with a possible whiff of some unbrachycephalized type of Med family.

Where would you think he fits in best? You seem to know your stuff and I especially wanted your opinion on this for a reason I'll reveal later :)

cosmoo
02-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Where would you think he fits in best? You seem to know your stuff and I especially wanted your opinion on this for a reason I'll reveal later :)
I'm not really into this fitting/passing thing (as I think subjectively perceived "vibe" has no place in actual anthropology), but I would guess him as Bosniak or Albo, though he would also fit in western Europe without any problem.

RN97
02-14-2017, 11:07 AM
I'm not really into this fitting/passing thing (as I think subjectively perceived "vibe" has no place in actual anthropology), but I would guess him as Bosniak or Albo, though he would also fit in western Europe without any problem.

He is fully Norwegian and I remember you gave a example of Norwegian dinaric and this was the first Norwegian dinaric I've seen and noticed IRL.
Interesting since this type is rare here. He is 100% dinaric and it's easy to tell IRL, his skull is very short, he's basically textbook.

cosmoo
02-14-2017, 11:15 AM
He is fully Norwegian and I remember you gave a example of Norwegian dinaric and this was the first Norwegian dinaric I've seen and noticed IRL.
Interesting since this type is rare here. He is 100% dinaric and it's easy to tell IRL, his skull is very short, he's basically textbook.
Interesting, I remember I posted one, it was folk singer Harald Foss IIRC.
This guy you posted has equally Balkan (Bosnian mostly) and western "vibe", could pass as native in both places.
BTW I remember watching Icelandic film "Outlaw" on YouTube, and interestingly, I saw several Dinaric-influenced actors.

RN97
02-14-2017, 11:53 AM
Interesting, I remember I posted one, it was folk singer Harald Foss IIRC.
This guy you posted has equally Balkan (Bosnian mostly) and western "vibe", could pass as native in both places.
BTW I remember watching Icelandic film "Outlaw" on YouTube, and interestingly, I saw several Dinaric-influenced actors.

Iclanders descend from Brits as well as Scandinavians, while Norwegians don't have any significant British ancestry. Maybe that's why.