PDA

View Full Version : Hitler's Britain: An Alternative History

Óttar
10-26-2010, 04:30 AM
From Hulu:

Part 1
http://www.hulu.com/watch/137363/hitlers-britain?c=News-and-Information#s-p1-so-i0

Debaser11
10-26-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm wondering what this film is based on, though? According to the historical record, Hitler loved and admired the British Empire and made no claims on it. Just right off the bat, I suspect much of this is pure fantasy. Thanks for the link, nonetheless. It will make for some interesting viewing.

Óttar
10-26-2010, 05:20 AM
I'm wondering what this film is based on, though?
Informationsheft G.B., An actual documented blueprint for an occupied Britain and a book containing a blacklist of prominent British people the Nazis didn't like including Alduous Huxley and Bertrand Russell.

Debaser11
10-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Informationsheft G.B., An actual documented blueprint for an occupied Britain and a book containing a blacklist of prominent British people the Nazis didn't like including Alduous Huxley and Bertrand Russell.

Like I said, I still need to see the film. (I'm trying to update my flash now.) But this document (which is related to Operation Sealion which was a response to Great Britain declaring war on Germany) doesn't really tell me what British society or culture would look like in the following years if that's what the film is setting out to do. I wouldn't be surprised if this production has shades of Robert Harris' Fatherland, which was, again, complete fantasy.

If you want to see something scary, look at what some of the Allies did and planned to do to Nazi Germany. I can't imagine Hitler's Britain being anywhere close to the nightmare that Morgenthau's Germany or even Allied-occupied Germany was for a few years after the war.

My guess is that Hitler would not have done anything more to Britain than what he did to Vichy France had Sealion gone smoothly.

Óttar
10-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't show what would happen to British society. Too much emphasis on the British resistance. I am disappoint.

Debaser11
10-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Okay, well that's a good thing then, in my opinion. I will save this film for tomorrow. Thanks again.