PDA

View Full Version : List the countries from best fit to worse for BBC journalist Kim Ghattas

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2017, 10:23 PM
She is half-Dutch, half-Lebanese.

Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India.

https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/entertainment/books/2013/05/30/the_secretary_by_kim_ghattas_review/ghattas_credit_joe_newman.jpghttp://www.pogo.org/assets/images/blog/2013/kim-ghattas-575.jpghttp://www.cuttingedge.be/sites/default/files/styles/carousel_medium/public/kimghattas.jpg?itok=xnZ2phnC

Meruru
02-15-2017, 10:27 PM
Portugal > Spain > Central/South Italy > Greece > Malta > Cyprus > Turkey > Georgia > Morocco > everything else

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2017, 10:30 PM
Anyone else?

Sikeliot
02-15-2017, 10:33 PM
Cyprus > Malta > South Italy > Algeria > Morocco > Egypt > Iran > Iraq > Armenia > Georgia > Turkey > Azerbaijan > Greece > Spain > Portugal > Saudi Arabia > Afghanistan > Pakistan > India > Yemen

Sikeliot
02-15-2017, 10:35 PM
To me she looks like she could be fully Lebanese.

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2017, 10:36 PM
Cyprus > Malta > South Italy > Algeria > Morocco > Egypt > Iran > Iraq > Armenia > Georgia > Turkey > Azerbaijan > Greece > Spain > Portugal > Saudi Arabia > Afghanistan > Pakistan > India > Yemen

Funny how you separate South Italy and Greece so much, to the point of putting the former before North Africa, the Caucasus and much of the Middle East but the latter afterwards.

Sikeliot
02-15-2017, 10:43 PM
Funny how you separate South Italy and Greece so much, to the point of putting the former before North Africa, the Caucasus and much of the Middle East but the latter afterwards.

She has a North African type vibe, which would push Greece downward. She looks only marginally more Iranian, Iraqi, Armenian, Georgian, or Turkish than Greek but I was forced to pick an order so that is what I put.

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2017, 11:19 PM
She has a North African type vibe, which would push Greece downward. She looks only marginally more Iranian, Iraqi, Armenian, Georgian, or Turkish than Greek but I was forced to pick an order so that is what I put.

But you still put Greece before Iberia.

Sikeliot
02-15-2017, 11:23 PM
But you still put Greece before Iberia.

She still has an eastern vibe even though North African is present too. I imagined her more in Crete or Rhodes than in Iberia.

Meruru
02-16-2017, 12:57 AM
I didn't get the eastern vibe on her, I may be wrong but, being surrounded by portuguese-like people, she has a familiar look to me. Also the north african influence on her face should put her closer to an iberian look than a greek/southern italian one (except for sicilians). It's controversial, because the lebanese side should push her to the eastern spectrum. Anyway, I think she could pass in every southern european country from a normal person perspective, and I can't see her in a MENA country except those who are closer to a more european look (lebanon, turkey, syria)

Sikeliot
02-16-2017, 01:13 AM
if I didn't know, I probably would guess Algeria.

The Blade
02-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Cyprus
Malta
Sicily and S.Italy
Iraq
Iran
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Turkey
Georgia
Greece