PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson axed from Hangover sequel, because of his past antisemitic remarks

Grumpy Cat
10-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Lame excuse from the director:

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/showbiz/2010/10/25/sbt.mel.hangover.hln

Grey
10-27-2010, 10:01 PM
I love how they argue that the Mike Tyson cameo was alright though, because "time has passed," and he's "paid his debt" by going to prison for three years. On another note, does three years for a rape conviction seem ridiculously low to anyone else?

la bombe
10-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Uh, I think it had to do with more than just antisemitism. Mel Gibson is a total disgusting dirtbag.

I love how they argue that the Mike Tyson cameo was alright though, because "time has passed," and he's "paid his debt" by going to prison for three years. On another note, does three years for a rape conviction seem ridiculously low to anyone else?

Most rape cases rarely even make it to court let alone lead to a conviction, so three years is actually quite high.

Grumpy Cat
10-27-2010, 10:07 PM
I find it stupid that Mel Gibson is demeaned more than any other celeb. I mean, yeah, he's weird, but he dissed Jews. Kramer didn't even get as much shit as him and I'd say what he said was way worse.

They even made a part of 1000 Ways to Die fantasizing about Mel Gibson's death:

(Sorry about the poor quality)

gQVAxpZ9LmM

la bombe
10-27-2010, 10:20 PM
I find it stupid that Mel Gibson is demeaned more than any other celeb. I mean, yeah, he's weird, but he dissed Jews. Kramer didn't even get as much shit as him and I'd say what he said was way worse.

He didn't just diss Jews. He's "dissed" women, blacks, and anyone with a functioning brain. He's incredibly hypocritical running his nutball, fundamentalist church all while getting drunk, cheating on his wife and acting like an all-around psycho.

8DO4giSefc0
5JciIoQ00jY

Not that he's any worse than your average amoral Hollywood sleazeball, but he doesn't deserve defending either.

Grumpy Cat
10-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Yes, he is a sleazeball, and I'm not defending him, I'm just saying if he did all that other stuff but not dissed Jews, he wouldn't be getting as much bad press.

I mean, Mike Tyson is a woman-beating rapist/sleazeball who is in a group designated as a hate group by the ADL and SLPC, the Nation of Islam.

And Tom Cruise still had a cameo on Tropic Thunder even though he was going through legal and PR troubles at the time.

blan
10-27-2010, 10:30 PM

They even made a part of 1000 Ways to Die fantasizing about Mel Gibson's death:

(Sorry about the poor quality)

gQVAxpZ9LmM

this really did happen to someone i read it in the news back in the late 90s or so, i would never wish such a thing on anyone

blan
10-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes, he is a sleazeball, and I'm not defending him, I'm just saying if he did all that other stuff but not dissed Jews, he wouldn't be getting as much bad press.

I mean, Mike Tyson is a woman-beating rapist/sleazeball who is in a group designated as a hate group by the ADL and SLPC, the Nation of Islam.

everyone wants to destroy mel gibson who is a very talented director/filmmaker
but no one is angry at oprah winfrey for the things she said against white children in africa and makes a school not allowing any white children to enter

bDmtPuPbVgU

there is little to nno anger towards oprah making a school for blacks only and baring all white children from it but mel gibson is evil??
big up mel gibson at least he has talent what the hell has oprah ever done except flap her big ugly mouth and given her under educated opinion

Grey
10-27-2010, 11:03 PM
He didn't just diss Jews. He's "dissed" women, blacks, and anyone with a functioning brain. He's incredibly hypocritical running his nutball, fundamentalist church all while getting drunk, cheating on his wife and acting like an all-around psycho.

8DO4giSefc0
5JciIoQ00jY

Not that he's any worse than your average amoral Hollywood sleazeball, but he doesn't deserve defending either.

He's an utter dick, but the one-sidedness of these recordings is really blatant. She had the foreknowledge that the call would be taped, so she's able to speak in a matter that she knows would put herself in a positive light, whereas he thinks they're private conversations and speaks his mind. Couples fight, and a lot people get worked up and say horrible things. She might have said much the same if put in the same situation.

Bloodeagle
10-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Mel Gibson showed much disrespect, towards his bosses in Hollywood when he made such racist remarks against them. :rolleyes:
The guy has lost his cool and is a drunken idiot or just simply self destructive, making antisemitic remarks in public.

On the upside, why would Mel want to waste his talents on a Hangover sequel, the first one being utter garbage! :D

Austin
10-28-2010, 01:42 AM
The media is very negative in it's coverage of him but what a fool I must say. You don't insult Jews for all the wars in the world if you derive your income from Hollywood.....

Also it is deplorable him being with that young Russian woman and equally deplorable for her being with him so in that respect I don't pity him all that much. He has kids who are older then she is....that I see as wrong.

blan
10-28-2010, 03:46 AM
Mel Gibson showed much disrespect, towards his bosses in Hollywood when he made such racist remarks against them. :rolleyes:
The guy has lost his cool and is a drunken idiot or just simply self destructive, making antisemitic remarks in public.

On the upside, why would Mel want to waste his talents on a Hangover sequel, the first one being utter garbage! :D

thats what i was going to say good thing they dropped him, brave heart, we were soldiers, man without a face , hell even lethal weapon is in a whole different bracket compared to that hollywood rot.

blan
10-28-2010, 03:50 AM
The media is very negative in it's coverage of him but what a fool I must say. You don't insult Jews for all the wars in the world if you derive your income from Hollywood.....

Also it is deplorable him being with that young Russian woman and equally deplorable for her being with him so in that respect I don't pity him all that much. He has kids who are older then she is....that I see as wrong.

suddenly you have a sense of morality austin??? what about all these speeches about morality being objective and is only for weaklings?

as in the words of chris crocke((r leave mel alone!!!:cry2:cry2:cry2))

Óttar
10-28-2010, 04:14 AM
It's just Jews using their influence, and hypocritical PC stupes keeping a talented actor down. So he has antipathy for Jews, Blacks and women. Many old school men in our grandfathers' generation were hard-drinking, gambling men who didn't care for "coloureds, Hebrews" or "broads" either, but no one complains about them. Let the man have his beliefs. Judge him according to his acting and directing ability, everything else is between him and his family.

As for Michael Richards, those guys were heckling him and acting like a bunch of assholes. If you don't want someone calling you the "N word" then stop acting and verifying all the negative stereotypes about black people. A black person who acts civil and courteous like everyone else in polite society deserves to be treated with respect like everyone else in polite society. A black guy who is uncouth and acts like an asshole gets designated by a term that denotes a culture-specific kind of asshole. Period.

Agrippa
10-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Mel Gibson is ok, he is not perfect, like most other people around, but better than most individuals which have something to say in Hollywood, better for Europeans for sure, so I would always defend him, as long as he doesn't do something really bad, what he hasn't.

Those hypocriticial bunch of Hollywood, many of them Jews which always try to harm real European interests, has nothing to say, no right to judge him.

And every man makes sometimes bad decisions - probably he shouldn't have left his wife for that bitch to begin with, but oh well, as a human and man, he made that mistake, the mistake of having had bad taste and bad knowledge of her nature - and human nature in general.

As for his alcohol problem, well, in his own interest he should go for treatment...

Austin
10-28-2010, 12:13 PM
suddenly you have a sense of morality austin??? what about all these speeches about morality being objective and is only for weaklings?

as in the words of chris crocke((r leave mel alone!!!:cry2:cry2:cry2))

Oh I have a very deep sense of morality just not a modern-whimsical version that is all. My morality is much more internalized and reality based over idealistic, modern-meaningless versions of morality as I see it.

I think that when a guy with gray hair and children who are already balding is with a 20-something young Russian girl then something is wrong. But yes Mel Gibson is a great guy and is being treated unfairly by Jews/feminists/minorities.

The Journeyman
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Mel Gibson is ok, he is not perfect, like most other people around, but better than most individuals which have something to say in Hollywood, better for Europeans for sure, so I would always defend him, as long as he doesn't do something really bad, what he hasn't.

Those hypocriticial bunch of Hollywood, many of them Jews which always try to harm real European interests, has nothing to say, no right to judge him.

And every man makes sometimes bad decisions - probably he shouldn't have left his wife for that bitch to begin with, but oh well, as a human and man, he made that mistake, the mistake of having had bad taste and bad knowledge of her nature - and human nature in general.

As for his alcohol problem, well, in his own interest he should go for treatment...

I agree. The guy may not be perfect, but he has integrity (not to mention immense talent), something most people lack. What he did wasn't good, he should have left the girl before it got out of control, but he himself doesn't seem like a malicious person. Relationships can get fucked up, you just learn and never repeat. :ohwell:

Eldritch
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM

Actually I thought The Hangover was pretty funny. Only can it be called a hangover if it wasn't drinking that made you black out?

Eldritch
12-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Okay, here's something you just could not make up: instead of The Hangover 2, he's in some other upcoming movie directed by Jodie Foster titled The Beaver:

DOSOWNS3jts

Beorn
12-05-2010, 02:51 AM
*snigger*

Go on then, Mel. I fucking dare you to make another fucking anti-English film, you fat Irish cunt!

Oh! You're fresh out of Jews to financially back you?!!!

LOL LOL LOL

Wyn
12-05-2010, 09:05 AM
wait so your angry that he made films about real historic wars?

Braveheart is full of historical inacurracies, and some of them are unquestionably calculated to make "the English" appear monstrous. At one point for example an English lord evokes primae noctis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_de_seigneur), the supposed right of a lord to take a new bride's virginity. Some Englishman rides in and claims a young Scotswoman's virginity. Now, primae noctis is considered by most historians to never have actually existed at any time or place in Europe and it most certainly never existed in England/Scotland. The scene adds nothing to the plot ("real historical wars") and depicts something that never took place. It's there simply to evoke some kind of the English are barbarians feeling.

At some later point, the Irish mercenaries and Scots are shown joining one another before a battle, presumably to give the impression of some Irish-Scottish alliance against the English. In reality of course, those Irish mercenaries fought with the English against the Scots.

I'd like to add that I'm a fan of his acting and directing, but Braveheart is simply full of inaccuracies.

blan
12-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Braveheart is full of historical inacurracies, and some of them are unquestionably calculated to make "the English" appear monstrous. At one point for example an English lord evokes primae noctis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_de_seigneur), the supposed right of a lord to take a new bride's virginity. Some Englishman rides in and claims a young Scotswoman's virginity. Now, primae noctis is considered by most historians to never have actually existed at any time or place in Europe and it most certainly never existed in England/Scotland. The scene adds nothing to the plot ("real historical wars") and depicts something that never took place. It's there simply to evoke some kind of the English are barbarians feeling.

At some later point, the Irish mercenaries and Scots are shown joining one another before a battle, presumably to give the impression of some Irish-Scottish alliance against the English. In reality of course, those Irish mercenaries fought with the English against the Scots.

these are all good points, i have not seen the film in a long time, and lies are lies, films may be made for good fun but it does relay untrue messages that get into peoples minds and that i do not support,
but it is a fact the English have treated people of Scottish and Irish blood unfair and unjust and the small number of Germans in the British isles were not treated well either, some of us were enslaved in chains while others were put into brutal servitude, i do not put condemnation onto all English and will never lose respect for them as a culture, they have done to many amazing things to lose respect but these are things that were done wrong,
my Great grandfather was of british blood born under the crown and was a doctor. He died before my grandmothers birth and my great grandmother never spoke of him but i do feel a connection, if this cheeky fuck simply would have expressed this like you there would be no problem,

SwordoftheVistula
12-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't see how Mel Gibson can be called 'sleazy', especially compared to the rest of the entertainment industry. He was married to one woman and had several children with her, and eventually divorced and was with another woman for a while, and also had a couple drunk driving incidents, over 2 decades apart: both well within the common experience for westerners these days. Compare this to the large number of partners most celebrities have, prolific use of cocaine and other drugs, constant wild partying, criminal behavior...a dude who gets a middle aged divorce and has a couple drunk driving incidents over 2 decades apart is quite tame in comparison. Charlie Sheen or Lindsey Lohan get in more trouble every month than he's been in his whole life...aside from slipping up once and making a statement critical of jews.

Graham
12-05-2010, 12:06 PM

I'd like to add that I'm a fan of his acting and directing, but Braveheart is simply full of inaccuracies.

The fact that the battle of Stirling Bridge, had no bridge in the film.

Still good film, good film. We should make a James Douglas "The Black Douglas" film aswell. Just to annoy Brennus :D

Eldritch
12-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I deleted a few posts. Let's try to keep the disagreements respectful, aye?

Beorn
12-05-2010, 12:40 PM
but it is a fact the English have treated people of Scottish and Irish blood unfair and unjust

And vice versa of course, Blan.

and the small number of Germans in the British isles were not treated well either, some of us were enslaved in chains while others were put into brutal servitude, Boo hoo!

if this cheeky fuck simply would have expressed this like you there would be no problem,This one was spared deletion. I canz reply?

The only "cheeky fuck" around here is you, Blan. All this BS about how the English have oppressed the rest makes you sound as if Hollywood has been your history book.

When you can actually back up your outrageous claim to "know the history" then perhaps you won't get a drunken twat like me being a "cheeky fuck" to an even cheekier idiot. :thumb001:

Still good film, good film. We should make a James Douglas "The Black Douglas" film aswell. Just to annoy Brennus :D

I like the films. I particularly liked Rob Roy.

Beorn
12-05-2010, 12:43 PM
2mc13fBlhOg