PDA

View Full Version : Sikh man shot in US, told to 'go back to your country'

Shah-Jehan
03-05-2017, 03:53 PM
http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/imagecache/mbdxxlarge/mritems/Images/2017/3/5/d2f12f3c3c5e4e49832fad70448356d8_18.jpg
Friday's shooting followed a number of other attacks on Sikhs in the US over the past decade [File: Reuters]

A Sikh man was shot and wounded near Seattle in the US state of Washington by an attacker who approached him in his driveway and reportedly told him to leave the country, police and media reported.

Seattle television station KIRO 7 reported on Saturday that the man was working on his car in his driveway when he was shot in the arm.

A witness told the TV station she knew the victim and saw him after he was attacked on Friday.

"Some comments were made to the effect of 'Get out of our country, go back to where you're from' and our victim was then shot," Kent Police Chief Ken Thomas said at a news conference.

"To think that this could happen in our community was very surprising and extremely disappointing," Thomas said.

The Seattle Times quoted the unnamed victim describing his attacker as a "six-foot tall white man with a stocky build" wearing a mask that partially covered his face.

The victim was released from hospital, according to the news site, while the attacker remains at large.

In response to the attack, Rajdeeph Singh, a spokesman of The Sikh Coalition, called on national leaders "to make hate crime prevention "a top priority".

"Tone matters in our political discourse, because this a matter of life or death for millions of Americans who are worried about losing loved ones to hate."

India's Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj also condemned the shooting of the Indian national.

"I am sorry to know about the attack on Deep Rai...I have spoken to Sardar Harpal Singh, father of the victim," Swaraj posted on social media.

"He told me that his son had a bullet injury on his arm. He is out of danger and is recovering in a private hospital."

String of attacks

The attack took place a day after a South Carolina man, originally from India, was shot dead after closing his shop.

Police said the killing of Harnish Patel was not racially motivated.

Two weeks ago, an Indian engineer was killed (www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?204067-Shooting-of-Indian-Engineers-in-Kansas-triggers-anger) and two people were injured in another incident in the state of Kansas.

Friday's shooting in the city of Kent, around 24km south of Seattle, followed a number of other attacks on Sikhs in the US over the past decade.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/03/sikh-man-shot-170305052756400.html

N1019
03-09-2017, 04:00 AM
If you wear a rag on your head and/or have a long beard, as many Sikhs do, occasionally some dumb cunt will associate you with Islamic terrorism.

crazyladybutterfly
03-09-2017, 04:09 AM
poor peaceful sikhs being mistaken for isis /alqaeda :/

CordedWhelp
03-09-2017, 04:12 AM
Not sure what is true or not, but may Peace endure in the Name of Messiah.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
03-09-2017, 04:22 AM
Sometimes alt right people are retarded. Sikh are not muslims. Them wearing turbans is actually the major give away that they are likely not muslims.

zhaoyun
03-09-2017, 04:47 AM
Sikhs look more stereotypically Muslim than real Muslims do. That's the issue.

Dick
03-09-2017, 05:30 AM
Sometimes Americans are retarded.

Fixed.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
03-09-2017, 05:31 AM
Fixed.

He was an alt right. An alt right in canada would do the same or in Europe also. Same perception when they see Sikh

Colonel Frank Grimes
03-09-2017, 05:34 AM
This is unfortunate. Sikhs are total bros.

Profileid
03-09-2017, 05:36 AM
Yeah it's pretty shameful

Dick
03-09-2017, 05:36 AM
He was an alt right. An alt right in canada would do the same or in Europe also. Same perception when they see Sikh
Where does it state in the news article that he is "alt-right"? How do you know this? Did you interrogate the accused murderer? I stand correct then. Sometimes Americans are retarded. You're American, right?

Purohit ji
03-09-2017, 05:43 AM
Some americans are very funny low iq people.
I heard they once paint swastik on a hindu temple lol

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
03-09-2017, 05:44 AM
Where does it state in the news article that he is "alt-right"? How do you know this? Did you interrogate the accused murderer? I stand correct then. Sometimes Americans are retarded. You're American, right?

Its alt right thinking. and its how Right leaning would perceive a sikh given the stereotypes. Especially an alt right which is more right leaning.

Dick
03-09-2017, 05:45 AM
Its alt right thinking. and its how Right leaning would perceive a sikh given the stereotypes. Especially an alt right which is more right leaning.

You're definitely American.

Some americans are very funny low iq people.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
03-09-2017, 05:46 AM
You're definitely American.

You just had an epiphany after all these years.

Purohit ji
03-09-2017, 05:52 AM
Sikhs look more stereotypically Muslim than real Muslims do. That's the issue.

https://i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0503/21/1442450055688.gif

Purohit ji
03-09-2017, 06:10 AM
You just had an epiphany after all these years.

I just learnd a new word.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
03-09-2017, 06:11 AM
I just learnd a new word.

good for you