PDA

View Full Version : Classify some light-haired Italian rugby players and where can they pass?

Tooting Carmen
03-15-2017, 04:22 PM
They shall feature in the Scotland v Italy match on Saturday.

Dario Chistolini
http://www.zebrerugby.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dario-CHISTOLINI.jpg

Federico Ruzza
http://www.zebrerugby.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Federico-RUZZA1.jpg

Lorenzo Cittadini
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lorenzo+Cittadini+Wasps+Photo+Call+F_JU6SlClWEl.jp g

Leonardo Ghiraldini
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Leicester+Tigers+Photocall+ryF_ADtBewCl.jpg

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 04:51 PM
Alps region, France, and southern Germany probably.

Tooting Carmen
03-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Anyone else?

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 05:11 PM
I would say Central Europe overall. France is not a country for these types... probably only Northern France (Alsace/Lorraine) and near Belgium. The first could be Scando.

Sacrificed Ram
03-15-2017, 05:27 PM
Borrebies and one Atlantid-Norid.

Era
03-15-2017, 05:39 PM
All rugby players tend to be borrebies

Tommie
03-15-2017, 05:51 PM
I would say Central Europe overall. France is not a country for these types... probably only Northern France (Alsace/Lorraine) and near Belgium. The first could be Scando.
That's not true, there are many similar looking people in France. I think they pass there.

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 05:56 PM
Oh yes i also forgot UK and Ireland.

That's not true, there are many similar looking people in France. I think they pass there.

France is a very diverse country but i find hard to put those players in France. I've a different vision of France overall. Better UK, Ireland and Central Europe.

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 06:17 PM
Oh yes i also forgot UK and Ireland.

France is a very diverse country but i find hard to put those players in France. I've a different vision of France overall. Better UK, Ireland and Central Europe.

This is not plausible. France is right next to Germany.. any "Nordic" type in Italy will obviously exist in France, lest you be suggesting Italy is more Nordic than France.

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 06:28 PM
This is not plausible. France is right next to Germany.. any "Nordic" type in Italy will obviously exist in France

Yes, that logic...
:picard2:

Do i have to remind you that Italy is close to Austria then? Plus i've already said that they could pass in North France regions but you're delusional if you think that these types are common in France.

Era
03-15-2017, 06:29 PM
This is not plausible. France is right next to Germany..

Also right next to Spain and Africa.

Tooting Carmen
03-15-2017, 06:31 PM
Also right next to Spain and Africa.

Not Africa, no. And Italy is just a few miles of water away from Albania, Greece and Malta. Could we stop this bitching and just stick to topic please?

Era
03-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Not Africa, no. And Italy is just a few miles of water away from Albania, Greece and Malta. Could we stop this bitching and just stick to topic please?

Can you mind your language please. France shares a large border with Spain who has east African influences. What's so strange about that.

Tooting Carmen
03-15-2017, 06:40 PM
Can you mind your language please. France shares a large border with Spain who has east African influences. What's so strange about that.

(1) There is some North African influence in Spain, but it is Berber and not SSA as such (2) France and Spain are separated by the Pyrenees (3) Spain and Central/Southern Italy share the same latitude, whereas Spain and France do not and (4) France borders Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and is just 22 miles away by water from England. Italy borders none of the above.

Newsboy
03-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Alps region, France, and southern Germany probably.

Agreed

Era
03-15-2017, 06:48 PM
(1) There is some North African influence in Spain, but it is Berber and not SSA as such (2) France and Spain are separated by the Pyrenees (3) Spain and Central/Southern Italy share the same latitude, whereas Spain and France do not and (4) France borders Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and is just 22 miles away by water from England. Italy borders none of the above.

France had North African colonies especially Algerian which got French citizenship, Italy had no such thing (not in that scale with Abyssynia for example). A friend of mine that lives in France says that most north Africans she knows have married and had children with French people. There are 3 million Portuguese etc.

Tooting Carmen
03-15-2017, 06:51 PM
France had North African colonies especially Algerian which got French citizenship, Italy had no such thing (not in that scale with Abyssynia for example). A friend of mine that lives in France says that most north Africans she knows have married and had children with French people.

All true, but especially away from the big cities there are still plenty of French people with little or no foreign ancestry. Anyway, here are two very Nordic-looking French examples:

Jules Plisson
http://www.stade.fr/medias/resized/jules-plisson_1128746994.jpg

Clement Chantome
http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3886973/720full-clement-chantome.jpg

щрбл
03-15-2017, 07:03 PM
1,3,4 -> Ireland
2 -> Italy

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 07:25 PM
Yes, that logic...
:picard2:

Do i have to remind you that Italy is close to Austria then? Plus i've already said that they could pass in North France regions but you're delusional if you think that these types are common in France.

France is closer to the Germanic nations geographically. I still think any Nordic type in Italy has a counterpart in France.

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Spain and Central/Southern Italy share the same latitude, whereas Spain and France do not

This does not have any bearing on features, just coloring.

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 07:27 PM
France is closer to the Germanic nations geographically. I still think any Nordic type in Italy has a counterpart in France.

Probably but this doesn't change the fact that French are Latin peoples and their culture is more Latin related.

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 07:33 PM
Probably but this doesn't change the fact that French are Latin peoples and their culture is more Latin related.

Well the same is true of northern Italians also.

nafz
03-15-2017, 07:34 PM
All true, but especially away from the big cities there are still plenty of French people with little or no foreign ancestry. Anyway, here are two very Nordic-looking French examples:

Jules Plisson
http://www.stade.fr/medias/resized/jules-plisson_1128746994.jpg

Clement Chantome
http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/3886973/720full-clement-chantome.jpg

Neither of these examples are pure Nordics, the first is subnordid who can even pass in eastern Europe and the other is faelid.

Both of these types are not rare in North Italy

Pure Nordics (Hallstatt , Tronder) are not that common in France

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 07:38 PM
Well the same is true of northern Italians also.

Never denied it. All italians are Latin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_peoples

Era
03-15-2017, 07:40 PM
Plisson doesnt look germanic at all. Chantome a bit better.

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 07:40 PM
Never denied it. All italians are Latin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_peoples

By virtue of their language and religion, but genetically is not so.

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 07:43 PM
By virtue of their language and religion, but genetically is not so.

Genetically all countries have mixed people. The important thing is a common culture not common genetics.

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 07:51 PM
Genetically all countries have mixed people. The important thing is a common culture not common genetics.

I think it can be disputed that there is one "common culture" in France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal as well as Latin America.

If anything Italy and France have a common culture (with differences), and then Spain and Portugal have another. Latin American nations, except Argentina and Uruguay, are nothing like Italy either. Dominican culture for instance is closer to that of the Congo than to Italy.

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 07:58 PM
I think it can be disputed that there is one "common culture" in France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal as well as Latin America.

If anything Italy and France have a common culture (with differences), and then Spain and Portugal have another. Latin American nations, except Argentina and Uruguay, are nothing like Italy either. Dominican culture for instance is closer to that of the Congo than to Italy.

Latinos is not the same as Latin Europe...

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 08:04 PM
Latinos is not the same as Latin Europe...

My point still stands even if only comparing Latin Europeans. I can tell you my mother's side that is Portuguese culturally didn't feel like they had a common culture with my Sicilian side..

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 08:14 PM
My point still stands even if only comparing Latin Europeans. I can tell you my mother's side that is Portuguese culturally didn't feel like they had a common culture with my Sicilian side..

If you read carefully the history of these Romance European countries you'll see the similarities that they have or have had through history. You're American, culturally, you've nothing in commong with Europeans unless you lived there for years. Did your parents born or lived in Portugal or Sicily for a long time? A simple claimed drop of blood doesn't make you Italian or Portuguese you've to live those cultures and learn to use local traditions.

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 08:17 PM
If you read carefully the history of these Romance European countries you'll see the similarities that they have or have had through history. You're American, culturally, you've nothing in commong with Europeans unless you lived there for years. Did your parents born or lived in Portugal or Sicily for a long time? A simple claimed drop of blood doesn't make you Italian or Portuguese you've to live those cultures and learn to use local traditions.

My point remains: they do not have a common culture. They eat different food, listen to different music, and so on.

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 08:23 PM
My point remains: they do not have a common culture. They eat different food, listen to different music, and so on.

Food is not that different, go to read how much the French food was influenced by Italians during Catherine de Medici era. Music?? What about Opera? :rolleyes:. You need to see something about festivities, religion, laws etc...
You'll remain surprised to see how much the Romans influenced these countries.

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 08:24 PM
Food is not that different, go to read how much the French food was influenced by Italians during Catherine de Medici era. Music?? Who cares. You need to see something about festivities, religion, laws etc...
You'll remain surprised to see how much the Romans influenced these countries.

I'm talking about Italy and Portugal.

France and Italy is different because it is well known that French cuisine and Italian have strongly influenced one another, and France has influenced Italy since Norman times, and also that northern Italy was culturally continuous with France even before Roman times.

MinervaItalica
03-15-2017, 08:32 PM
I'm talking about Italy and Portugal.

France and Italy is different because it is well known that French cuisine and Italian have strongly influenced one another, and France has influenced Italy since Norman times, and also that northern Italy was culturally continuous with France even before Roman times.

Portugal is a bit far, probably this is the reason why is less influenced by Italians or vice versa through history. However Renaissance reached Portugal as well, some Italian architects such as Niccoló Nasoni also built important monuments in Portugal and brought the Baroque.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_architecture_in_Portugal

Sikeliot
03-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Portugal is a bit far, probably this is the reason why is less influenced by Italians or vice versa through history. However Renaissance reached Portugal as well, some Italian architects such as Niccoló Nasoni also built important monuments in Portugal and brought the Baroque.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_architecture_in_Portugal

I mean everyday cultural items like food, music, styles and so on. The connection is weaker than between Italy-France, for both nations.

Tooting Carmen
03-15-2017, 08:43 PM
Right, I am closing this thread now. Once again, too much off-topic and back-biting.