PDA

View Full Version : Hi / wes thu hal / diwos dagos

Catuvellaunian
02-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Wes thu hal / diwos dagos. My name is Haethfelda. I'm a British/English nationalist and also a celtic pagan/heathen. I'm glad I've found a forum for whites thats not neo-nazi :)

As for my race, I'm still divided over whether I'm celtic or germanic as I love both cultures and languages equally (well maybe celtic a bit more :rolleyes:). Like most English, by blood I'm more celtic/brittonic than germanic, but I'm still confused :confused:

Loki
02-03-2009, 06:16 PM
A warm welcome to you Haethfelda! :)

I hope you will enjoy spending time on our forum.

I'm glad I've found a forum for whites thats not neo-nazi :)

Those are rare indeed ... I think we have a niche. :thumb001:

Loyalist
02-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the Apricity!

Vulpix
02-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi and welcome Haethfelda :)!

Eventually it is for you to decide, though imho Celto-Germanic fits best. It's not really a race, but a meta-ethnicity.

Loki
02-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Like most English, by blood I'm more celtic/brittonic than germanic, but I'm still confused :confused:

This is not necessarily the case. Germanic genetic contribution to the English gene pool has often been deliberately talked down after WW2. Recent genetic studies have confirmed that the English are quite Germanic -- more so than people would think. In any case, both modern English and German populations are essentially Celto-Germanic mixes. The only Germanic nations with very little Celtic contributions are the Scandinavians (not Iceland).

Lady L
02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Welcome :wave

Brynhild
02-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Was Hael and welcome! If it makes you feel comfortable to uphold both your Celtic and Germanic roots, then do it. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. :thumbs up

Psychonaut
02-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome aboard! Do check out the Dual Tradition (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97) section of the Heathenry Portal, where you'll find some interesting discussions on Celto-Germanic Heathenry to jump into. :thumb001:

Absinthe
02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

Beorn
02-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Welcome, Haethfelda. :)

Recent genetic studies have confirmed that the English are quite Germanic -- more so than people would think.

Which studies would you be referring to?

Treffie
02-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Hi Haethfelda, glad you could make it - loved the YouTube clip!!

A chroeso i'r fforwm!

Catuvellaunian
02-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Diolch yn fawr,Trefelin! :) Which clip are you talking about, the genetics one or the Ancient British vlog?

Wow, I'm shocked by how many replies there are here, usually on other forum I'll get many three or four is as many days :p

This is not necessarily the case. Germanic genetic contribution to the English gene pool has often been deliberately talked down after WW2.

I thought it was the other way round. Only recently have archaeologists started to change their theories about the saxon invasion, same with genetics. I think if you forget the timescale and just look at where the genes come from, then the English are about half celtic/basque and half germanic, with a stronger leaning towards celtic. This includes the prehistoric migrations from germania in the neolithic.

Treffie
02-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Diolch yn fawr,Trefelin! :) Which clip are you talking about, the genetics one or the Ancient British vlog?

Both of them Haethfelda. I think you'll appreciate this forum!

Loki
02-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Which studies would you be referring to?

I thought it was the other way round. Only recently have archaeologists started to change their theories about the saxon invasion, same with genetics. I think if you forget the timescale and just look at where the genes come from, then the English are about half celtic/basque and half germanic, with a stronger leaning towards celtic. This includes the prehistoric migrations from germania in the neolithic.

'Apartheid' slashed Celtic genes in early England (http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9575-apartheid-slashed-celtic-genes-in-early-england.html)

A system of racial segregation imposed by early Anglo-Saxon invaders in England may have massively boosted the breeding of the Germanic interlopers, much to the detriment of the native Celtic race, researchers claim in a new study.

Genetic analysis of men in modern-day central England shows that more than half of them possess a Y-chromosome that can be traced to a Germanic region - what is now Germany, Holland and Denmark.

Treffie
02-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Haethfelda, on your YouTube clip, there appears a map of south and west Britain with the distribution of R1b, any chance that you could post it? I've seen many maps of Europe with distribution of haplotypes but nothing specifically of southern Britain.

Beorn
02-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Haethfelda, on your YouTube clip, there appears a map of south and west Britain with the distribution of R1b, any chance that you could post it? I've seen many maps of Europe with distribution of haplotypes but nothing specifically of southern Britain.

There is two maps actually, Treflin. They both confused me somewhat. Is the map based on the findings of Oppenheimer or some other research?

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/BeornWulfWer/sd.jpg?t=1233751388

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/BeornWulfWer/sd2.jpg?t=1233751412

HawkR
02-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Welcome:)

Catuvellaunian
02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Ignore the top one, its an edited version of the one below I made for the video. The bottom one shows Oppenheimers/Sykes tests (I think).
Dark blue = "Celtic" Light blue = Germanic

Osweo
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Ignore the top one, its an edited version of the one below I made for the video. The bottom one shows Oppenheimers/Sykes tests (I think).
Dark blue = "Celtic" Light blue = Germanic

But the Germanic incomers will not have been wholly 'light blue'! And the natives will not have been wholly without that haplogroup either! Roughly speaking, take 3/4 of the light blue, add the same amount of dark blue, and that'll give you a slightly better proportion for 'Germanicness'. That gives you roughly at least a quarter, even in the west! No geneticist can tell you exactly what the Angles were like in this respect anyway. For all we know, they may already have demonstrated a closer link with our western populations. Celtic influence in northern Germany at an early date is highly likely, after all. One good etymology of the Cimri is based on an Old Irish term that may have meant 'the Slavers'. Powerful Celtic states in present day southern Germany will have been very anxious to control the northern amber routes, this prestigious material no doubt constituting a good fraction of their GDP! :D

I am half Irish, and thus far more justified in the sort of 'confusion' you refer to, and yet I think I've found a happy medium. It's not all black and white, you know. Never mind dark and light blue... :p

Sky blue for me though; MCFC!!! :tongue

WELCOME, anyroad! Looking forward to debating a few things!

Is your User Name a reference to the Battle where Penda sorted out that upstart Eadwine? Good man! (I favour the Bernician house myself, obviously!)

Spencer
02-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Hey there! :)

Aemma
02-06-2009, 02:05 AM
Good day Haethfelda and welcome here. Well nice that you've made yourself at home already. Have fun! :)

Cheers for now!...Aemma

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Welkom...

The Lawspeaker
02-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Welcome aboard.:)

Thorum
02-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Welcome fellow heathen. Enjoy the vortex of Apricity!! :)