PDA

View Full Version : Classify E. Palmieri

JMack
04-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Brazilian player who is being speculated in the Italian National Team.

Does he look mestizo? His surname is certainly Italian.

https://img.vavel.com/emerson-palmieri-apresentacao-6979632601.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/806499406283493377/SoQ8y-Eh.jpg

He gives me an Argentinian vibe.

rund0wn
04-09-2017, 09:35 PM

https://img.vavel.com/emerson-palmieri-apresentacao-6979632601.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/806499406283493377/SoQ8y-Eh.jpg

He gives me an Argentinian vibe.

Definitely more mulatto than mestizo but not proper mulatto more quadroon or less. More Brazilian than argentine imo.

JMack
04-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Definitely more mulatto than mestizo but not proper mulatto more quadroon or less. More Brazilian than argentine imo.

Agreed. But i think he can pass as mestizo and is more in the octoroon range. Most brazilians with SSA also have amerindian, i would guess this guy to be tri-racial but predominantly Euro.

JMack
04-09-2017, 11:55 PM
bump

Percivalle
04-10-2017, 12:03 AM

Palmieri is his maternal surname, his surname is Dos Santos.

JMack
04-10-2017, 12:07 AM
Palmieri is his maternal surname, his surname is Dos Santos.

Yes. But he still have Palmieri and Italian ancestry in him anyway.

What do you think about this? It's better a mestizo/octoroon who actually have some Italian ancestry but don't know shit about italian culture playing for Italy or some assimilated immigrant?

Ranger0075
04-10-2017, 12:11 AM
Is Palmieri a northern italian surname?

Actually, he looks more brazilian than argentinian. SSA influence shows in him.

JMack
04-10-2017, 12:13 AM

Yes. But only for the trained eye. I think most common people in Europe would guess MENA first. He have an interesting phenotype.

GiCa
04-10-2017, 12:15 AM
He looks quadroon

GiCa
04-10-2017, 12:18 AM
It s ok. As the football rule allows those with some Italian ancestry who can Italian passport to play with us

He would have never played for Brazil as I guess there are more good than him fooballers so I guess he choosed Italy

He doesn t look fully Italian but we are not racist. If he imigrate here we will treat him good

Ranger0075
04-10-2017, 12:21 AM
Yes. But only for the trained eye. I think most common people in Europe would guess MENA first. He have an interesting phenotype.

Yep, I think he can pass in North Africa actually
A lot of brazilians can pass unoticied in North Africa

Percivalle
04-10-2017, 12:26 AM
Yes. But he still have Palmieri and Italian ancestry in him anyway.

Half Brazil and half Argentina claim Italian ancestry, it's enough to have an Italian grandparent to get the Italian passport (25% of the ancestry).

What do you think about this? It's better a mestizo/octoroon who actually have some Italian ancestry but don't know shit about italian culture playing for Italy or some assimilated immigrant?

I don't have an answer to your question, really. There are Brazilians and Argentinians with some Italian ancestry who really want to move to Italy and becoming Italian. Italian-Argentinians don't have usually problems to get integrated in Italy. But there are other Brazilians and Argentinians who want the Italian passport only because it's a EU passport. On the other hand, there are many immigrants born and raised in Italy who do feel themselves Italian. I know a guy born to Chinese parents who feels more Italian than Chinese. He even prefers the Italian cuisine to the Chinese one (and yes, he is 100% Italian culturally). :)

Palmieri is more southern Italian, it peaks in Campania.

Sikeliot
04-10-2017, 12:38 AM
He is obviously mixed. One of his parents might be mulatto.

JMack
04-10-2017, 12:43 AM
He is obviously mixed. One of his parents might be mulatto.

I think it's more possible that both his parents are mixed (something like one quadroon and one octoroon), generating this particular look. Very characteristic for Brazil. South European + SSA + Minor Amerindian.

Sikeliot
04-10-2017, 12:46 AM
I think it's more possible that both his parents are mixed (something like one quadroon and one octoroon), generating this particular look. Very characteristic for Brazil. South European + SSA + Minor Amerindian.

He looks like he fits into the same range as some old family photos of mine, of people who were partially Cape Verdean.