and refuse the arab label

that s it.

what do you think?

Al-Meksiki
04-12-2017, 11:16 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/019/512/WE.jpg

The.Mask
04-12-2017, 11:35 PM
During the rule of Muhamed Ali and his sons till 1878, both arabs and copts were not seen as different, especially by muhammed ali and his son ibrahim pasha.

Some times they were treated good, some times bad, both the parties.

wvwvw
04-12-2017, 11:41 PM
All Egyptians are real Egyptians. The Copts are more real in the cultural sense, in that they preserved their cultural identity while most other Egyptians lost it to Islam.

Numidia
05-14-2017, 05:20 PM
All Egyptians are real Egyptians. The Copts are more real in the cultural sense, in that they preserved their cultural identity while most other Egyptians lost it to Islam.

a lot of copts are recent immigrants or even gypsies

Wadaad
05-14-2017, 05:27 PM
How is Christianity more "Egyptian" than Islam?

Wadaad
05-14-2017, 05:29 PM
Actually, you may have a point and Christianity is actually more Egyptian...afterall, the concept of the 'trinity' was invented by an Egyptian

and as for Copts...they are no different than Egyptian muslims..as in, the Copts from the delta are more related to the Muslims from the delta, and the Copts from Upper Egypt are more genetically related to Upper Egyptian Muslims.

As for culture...modern day Egyptian Copts were highly influenced culturally by Levantine and Greek christians in the 19th-20th centuries.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
05-14-2017, 05:37 PM

I could argue they lost their egyptian identiy to christianity also.

Oneeye
05-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Actually, you may have a point and Christianity is actually more Egyptian...afterall, the concept of the 'trinity' was made by an Egyptian

and as for Copts...they are no different than Egyptian muslims..as in, the Copts from the delta are more related to the Muslims from the delta, and the Copts from Upper Egypt are more genetically related to Upper Egyptian Muslims.

That among many other Christian beliefs of Egyptian origin that haven't come to light. (The concept of a "Lake of Fire" purifying, for example)

And Jesus grew up in Egypt. :p

Smeagol
05-14-2017, 05:53 PM
They're the closest to the Dynastic Egyptians by blood. I guess closer to the late antiquity Egyptians in culture.

Numidia
05-14-2017, 05:57 PM
And Jesus grew up in Egypt. :p

really ?

Sekarotuinen
05-14-2017, 06:00 PM
They probably are more genetically similar to the Ptolemaic era Egyptians than the 'Masr' Egyptians. I dont kniw how that legitimizes them though.

wvwvw
05-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Judaism is closer to the Egyptian religion, after all, the Old Testament is about the worshiping of Pharao.

Oneeye
05-14-2017, 06:20 PM
really ?

It's right there in the Gospels...

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Copts are total bros.

Jehan
05-20-2017, 02:41 PM
a lot of copts are recent immigrants or even gypsies

Do you have proof of this?

What genetic study said about copt?

Numidia
05-21-2017, 12:50 PM
Do you have proof of this?

What genetic study said about copt?

I saw some results, egyptians muslims are more indigenous north africans than copts who didn't convert to islam because they were often marginalized groups (greeks, romans, gypsies, ...)
the word egypt came from gypsies because europeans thought that gypsies came from egypt, like romas, copts have more west asian admixture
Some westerns are fascinated by ancient egypt, by jealousy they attribute everything to the copts without knowing anything

Cristiano viejo
05-21-2017, 01:10 PM
Makes sense since Egypt is a Greek product.

GhoulHunter
05-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Compared to Muslims whose religion is a hodgepodge of Christianity and Judaism and folklore, COPTs are definitely more true to the original Egyptian. Don't believe me? Ask a religious historian. There are a number who point out the fact that Islam is an infantile religion compared to others. The burka, which so many blubber about & so many take advantage of their ill-educated brethren about or western ignorance about, is never mentioned in their Qu'ran and as per both scholars & historians it's actually Jewish in origin.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-21-2017, 06:04 PM
I saw some results, egyptians muslims are more indigenous north africans than copts who didn't convert to islam because they were often marginalized groups (greeks, romans, gypsies, ...)
the word egypt came from gypsies because europeans thought that gypsies came from egypt, like romas, copts have more west asian admixture

You haven't seen any studies saying such a thing. I can understand if someone makes an error but when you say you've seen 'some' (more than one) then it's clear you're lying.

Even your historical explanation is idiotic. It assumes that all 'native' Egyptians converted to Islam, while those that didn't were all people whose background origin wasn't from Egypt, which is not how it works.

Some westerns are fascinated by ancient egypt, by jealousy they attribute everything to the copts without knowing anything

Your lack of knowledge isn't much better. You should shut me up by posting 'some' of those studies you've seen but we both know how that will end.

Numidia
05-21-2017, 09:51 PM
You haven't seen any studies saying such a thing. I can understand if someone makes an error but when you say you've seen 'some' (more than one) then it's clear you're lying.

Even your historical explanation is idiotic. It assumes that all 'native' Egyptians converted to Islam, while those that didn't were all people whose background origin wasn't from Egypt, which is not how it works.

Your lack of knowledge isn't much better. You should shut me up by posting 'some' of those studies you've seen but we both know how that will end.

I found many individual results on different websites and yes I'm aware that westerns and copts themselves claim to be more related to ancient egyptians than muslims
I'm sure you can find a fake link to prove that but it doesn't change that many copts were marginalized and heterogeneous groups so you should shup up yourself

Gypsy (n.) Look up Gypsy at Dictionary.com
also gipsy, c. 1600, alteration of gypcian, a worn-down Middle English dialectal form of egypcien "Egyptian," from the supposed origin of the people. As an adjective, from 1620s. Compare British gippy (1889) a modern shortened colloquial form of Egyptian.

Cognate with Spanish Gitano and close in sense to Turkish and Arabic Kipti "gypsy," literally "Coptic;" but in Middle French they were Bohémien (see bohemian), and in Spanish also Flamenco "from Flanders." "The gipsies seem doomed to be associated with countries with which they have nothing to do" [Weekley]. Zingari, the Italian and German name, is of unknown origin. Romany is from the people's own language, a plural adjective form of rom "man." Gipsy was the preferred spelling in England. The name is also in extended use applied to "a person exhibiting any of the qualities attributed to Gipsies, as darkness of complexion, trickery in trade, arts of cajolery, and, especially as applied to a young woman, playful freedom or innocent roguishness of action or manner" [Century Dictionary]. As an adjective from 1620s with a sense "unconventional; outdoor."

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=gypsy

only christians egyptians are called copts it's not for nothing

Carlito's Way
05-22-2017, 02:40 AM
I found many individual results on different websites and yes I'm aware that westerns and copts themselves claim to be more related to ancient egyptians than muslims
I'm sure you can find a fake link to prove that but it doesn't change that many copts were marginalized and heterogeneous groups so you should shup up yourself

Gypsy (n.) Look up Gypsy at Dictionary.com
also gipsy, c. 1600, alteration of gypcian, a worn-down Middle English dialectal form of egypcien "Egyptian," from the supposed origin of the people. As an adjective, from 1620s. Compare British gippy (1889) a modern shortened colloquial form of Egyptian.

Cognate with Spanish Gitano and close in sense to Turkish and Arabic Kipti "gypsy," literally "Coptic;" but in Middle French they were Bohémien (see bohemian), and in Spanish also Flamenco "from Flanders." "The gipsies seem doomed to be associated with countries with which they have nothing to do" [Weekley]. Zingari, the Italian and German name, is of unknown origin. Romany is from the people's own language, a plural adjective form of rom "man." Gipsy was the preferred spelling in England. The name is also in extended use applied to "a person exhibiting any of the qualities attributed to Gipsies, as darkness of complexion, trickery in trade, arts of cajolery, and, especially as applied to a young woman, playful freedom or innocent roguishness of action or manner" [Century Dictionary]. As an adjective from 1620s with a sense "unconventional; outdoor."

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=gypsy

only christians egyptians are called copts it's not for nothing

I agree, another finding is that cholas from Los Angeles have their link to South Asians (keep hating Ross, another evidence to prove South Asian and Mexican connection)

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/cholaempireharsh-150728002710-lva1-app6892/95/chola-empire-their-rule-timeline-the-rulers-2-638.jpg?cb=1438043383

the Chola empire still lives but in Los Angeles
http://remezcla.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/tumblr_mdg5ftbX5u1rtyh7lo2_1280-1150x647.png?x28508