PDA

View Full Version : Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

Nederburg
04-16-2017, 01:51 PM
This is probably one of the most famous books by biologist and atheist Richard Dawkins. He contends that a supernatural creator almost certainly does not exist and that belief in a personal god qualifies as a delusion, which he defines as a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence. Its a good read, I highly recommend it.

zhaoyun
04-16-2017, 02:02 PM
I actually agree with him a large degree. But I hate his personality. He just reminds me of the typical socially retarded self righteous dumbasses who have a shit ton of book smarts but have absolutely no social skills and is hated by everyone he interacts with.

Nederburg
04-16-2017, 02:06 PM
I actually agree with him a large degree. But I hate his personality. He just reminds me of the typical socially retarded self righteous dumbasses who have a shit ton of book smarts but have absolutely no social skills and is hated by everyone he interacts with.

Really? I think hes very charming...

zhaoyun
04-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Really? I think hes very charming...

No, he's socially retarded, though he can be charming at times. He grates on people's nerves though.

Sekarotuinen
04-16-2017, 03:30 PM
I have actually read it, despite being a practicing Muslim. It was a bit unsettling, ans it felt as if he was accusing a religious reader of being stupid, but I did begin to understand the athiest persepctive as a result of reading it.

Sokoli
04-16-2017, 03:53 PM
I've read "the selfish gene", and plan to re-read it again because I couldn't absorb everything the first time. A fascinating book.

Also
04-16-2017, 03:59 PM
Dawkins should stick to biology, he is no good on theism-atheism debates. He is much more of a popularizer than a deep thinker.