PDA

View Full Version : Hello from North Carolina

woody
02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Hello everyone! Well, I've been here since last night, and I've posted several times...then, found the Intro section. I guess now I should intro myself.

Woody, 34, Mooresville, SC, father of 2 daughters (6 on Valentine's day, and the other was 4 on New Year's Eve). I've nearly divorced, and dating a wonderful woman with 2 boys, about the same ages as my girls. It's Psychonaut's fault that I'm here! Blame Him! (you may want to do that later, when you get to know me) I'm a new member of Asatru Folk Assembly, and co-founder of the Irminsol Heathen Fellowship in Charlotte, NC. I've been around, here and there, and this is, so far, the best "Euro" forum I've seen. The focus is there, as well as the intelligence. Other "similar" forums have proven to be a waste of effort. I won't mention which ones, but it's been a few years since I've been active on any of them.

Interests: mead making and homebrewing. I used to enjoy talking politics, but honestly, I just don't give a shit anymore. I'm more interested in Disaster Preparedness. We live out in the country, I've started composting for a garden, stockpiling non-perishables, and gathering any necessary supplies, just in case there is a disaster (natural or man-made). Between visiting with my daughters, taking care of things around the homestead, learning, Asatru, kayaking, I don't have time for much else. I need to get out before May and get my open water certification for SCUBA. That will be my next big "waste-of-time" activity. Of course, I can always combine kayaking and diving! :thumb001: Kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Other than that...well, there is a lot about me that I've not volunteered. There's too much to just start blabbing about. If anyone has questions, I'll answer.

Have I rambled enough, yet? :D

Loyalist
02-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Nice intro, and welcome to the Apricity! :thumb001:

Lady L
02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Welcome :wave

Absinthe
02-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Loki
02-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi there woody, and welcome to Apricity. :)

Osweo
02-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Howdo Mate, great intro!

Mead... :D:D:D:D I only know the commercially produced British sorts like Lindisfarne, and the rather different (gasier) Russian Myedovukha. How does yours compare?

Psychonaut
02-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Great to see you here Woody. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :thumb001:

Vulpix
02-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Hello Woody, thanks for the nice intro, and welcome :D!

Birka
02-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Welcome. My son's birthday is Valentine's Day. He will be 18. Woah, I'm getting old. ha ha

Spencer
02-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Hiya woody! :wavey001:

Mrs. Psychonaut
02-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Welcome Woody! Soon we'll be settling down in the Carolinas too. Probably near Charlotte.

woody
02-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Welcome Woody! Soon we'll be settling down in the Carolinas too. Probably near Charlotte.

This, I've heard. I'm 30 minutes north of Charlotte. We have been having Blot in Charlotte, near the airport. It's probably 15-20 minutes from Gastonia. In Belmont, right on the river, there is an awesome brew supply shop.

If/When you get out to Charlotte, we'll be waiting. It will be nice to have some more Heathens coming to the area. :thumb001:

Aemma
02-06-2009, 01:57 AM
I'm a tad late in welcoming you Woody, but welcome! I've been enjoying your posts so far. You have some wicked sense of humour there Mister! Nice to see! :thumb001:

Cheers for now!...Aemma

woody
02-06-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm a tad late in welcoming you Woody, but welcome! I've been enjoying your posts so far. You have some wicked sense of humour there Mister! Nice to see! :thumb001:

Cheers for now!...Aemma

Yeah, I'm kinda twisted when it comes to humor. I'm not easily offended, but I can offend at the drop of a hat...if someone doesn't have a sense of humor.

Thorum
02-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Welcome. You should find it interesting and friendly, though a bit spirited sometimes!! Great folks here!! :tongue

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Welkom...