PDA

View Full Version : The New Atheist Movement

chestbrah
04-19-2017, 04:39 AM
I wanted to see what is your all's opinion of the New Atheism Movement? Personally I think it is dead and it was always just a front for left wing extremism. I think they are fighting a stupid battle as if the world will all of a sudden be awesome if you just took out religion. I mean never mind Race and IQ right? What do you all think?

Al-Meksiki
04-19-2017, 04:41 AM
Ah yes, the movement that inspired the term neckbeard

chestbrah
04-19-2017, 04:43 AM
New Atheism started becoming a problem once it started an alliance with feminist and then it was pretty much taken over by the SJWs

Sekarotuinen
04-19-2017, 04:50 AM
The new athiesm seems to be aligning more and more with the populist-right nowadays for some reason.
I think we are seeing it evolve.

chestbrah
04-19-2017, 04:53 AM
The new athiesm seems to be aligning more and more with the populist-right nowadays for some reason.
I think we are seeing it evolve.

It seems to me that there is a civil war because new atheism was always hand in hand with humanism but many atheists also identify politically within the right.

Sekarotuinen
04-19-2017, 04:55 AM
It seems to me that there is a civil war because new atheism was always hand in hand with humanism but many atheists also identify politically within the right.
The ancap and populist faction seems to be growing rapidly. Only a matter of time now. Even Richard Dawkins has done a 180 on a lot of his economic views.

chestbrah
04-19-2017, 05:00 AM
The ancap and populist faction seems to be growing rapidly. Only a matter of time now. Even Richard Dawkins has done a 180 on a lot of his economic views.

Many are in fact moving that direction. These are my problems with the new atheist movement

1. Its very rarely critical of Jews. They are critical of 80% Christianity and %20 Islam but they have to be careful with Islam due to their left wing ideology.

2. It ignores other factors such as the main cause of wars being over territory and resources, not religious differences

3. They deny Race and IQ and believe that race is a social construct

4. They don't really give arguments against the existence of God but rather just say Christians do this and that and blah blah