PDA

View Full Version : Spot the guy who displays your idea of the AVERAGE CZECH LOOK

Mikula
04-19-2017, 08:30 PM
http://mageo.cz/home/MYTHAGO/CZguy.jpg

Ülev
04-19-2017, 08:38 PM
third

Dick
04-19-2017, 08:40 PM
my avatar.

SardiniaAtlantis
04-19-2017, 09:06 PM
The one that looks the most like nobody ever thinks about him

Ülev
04-19-2017, 09:38 PM
"vrump"

Mikula
04-21-2017, 06:28 AM
5 voted for balto/gorid, one for alpinid, yet.

:popcorn:

SardiniaAtlantis
04-21-2017, 06:33 AM
I don't think many people have ever stopped to think about what an average Czech look is for a single day in their life.
Still, I'll say no 3 because if you zoom in close enough ou can see some kolač crumbs on his shirt.

Mikula
04-21-2017, 06:37 AM
I don't think many people have ever stopped to think about what an average Czech look is for a single day in their life.
Still, I'll say no 3 because if you zoom in close enough ou can see some kolač crumbs on his shirt.

Well, there are countries, where most of its people did not meet any Czech in real life, yet.

Nice to see that you know koláč.
Are you from Texas? :)

SardiniaAtlantis
04-21-2017, 06:41 AM
Well, there are countries, where most of its people did not meet any Czech in real life, yet.

Nice to see that you know koláč.
Are you from Texas? :)

No I am not, but it's the most famous pastry from your country.

Mikula
04-21-2017, 07:00 AM
No I am not, but it's the most famous pastry from your country.

http://www.cukrarna-ceske-budejovice.cz/obr/svatebni-kolacky.jpg

Hadouken
04-21-2017, 07:47 AM
2 or 3

Mikula
04-21-2017, 08:34 AM
2 or 3

OK, vote please

Mikula
06-26-2017, 09:26 PM
bump

Veneda
06-26-2017, 09:33 PM
For me it is 3 and 6, but it was only one option to vote

Odin
06-26-2017, 09:36 PM

Mikula
08-10-2017, 09:18 PM
bomp

Pennywise
08-10-2017, 09:22 PM
3 and 6.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
08-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Number 3.

Number 2 is the Czech version of Stears.

Magnolia
08-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Lol neither 3 nor 6
These were actors from the communists era. They looked enough "village stupid workers" to communists like them. But their looks is not definitely the most common even between the last villagers.

Laberia
08-10-2017, 09:33 PM
I don`t have an clear idea how looks an average czech. I voted number 4 because he looks similar with Zdenek Zeman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zden%C4%9Bk_Zeman)

Pennywise
08-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Lol neither 3 nor 6

Well, I guess all of them are Czechs. Czechs really have varied phenotypes I can't say a single typical "Czech look" but still, to me when you say "Czech" 3 and 6 are the first types that come to my mind.

Magnolia
08-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Well, I guess all of them are Czechs. Czechs really have varied phenotypes I can't say a single typical "Czech look" but still, to me when you say "Czech" 3 and 6 are the first types that come to my mind.

So shortly, according to you a typical Czech looks like a stupid village peasant. Good to know.

Magnolia
08-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Btw. No3 was half Ukrainian
No6 Will be something simmilar. I cant find anything about his ancestors.

Last time the author of this thread showed a guy who was half Armenian as a typical Czech.
I cant understand this. Maybe because of his Silesia....

Сербо Макеридов
08-12-2017, 09:13 AM
3 without any doubt.

Magnolia
08-12-2017, 09:14 AM
3 without any doubt.

He was atypical as hell.

Iloko
08-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Guy #3

Magnolia
08-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Guy #3

I am not surprised by your imagination at all. That guy was killed in Vietnam in 1983. So he is probably the only one "Czech/Ukrainian" you have ever heard of, dear Khmer Rouge.

Mikula
08-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Btw. No3 was half Ukrainian

Source?

Magnolia
08-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Source?

Matka pochazela z Valasska, otec ze zakarpatske ukrajiny.

Mikula
08-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Matka pochazela z Valasska, otec ze zakarpatske ukrajiny.

Já jsem jeho genealogii nedělal - kde je tato informace k dispozici?

Magnolia
08-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Já jsem jeho genealogii nedělal - kde je tato informace k dispozici?
Na internetu. "Jeho otec byl Rusín z Podkarpatské Rusi, " Vychodni vzhled je na nem mimochodem patrny na prvni pohled. Tak alespon vis, ze si Polaci predstavuji, ze Cesi vypadaji jak krizenci Valacha s Ukrajincem.

Mikula
08-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Na internetu. "Jeho otec byl Rusín z Podkarpatské Rusi, " Vychodni vzhled je na nem mimochodem patrny na prvni pohled. Tak alespon vis, ze si Polaci predstavuji, ze Cesi vypadaji jak krizenci Valacha s Ukrajincem.

OK, jeho původ jsem neznal. Nicméně, IMHO nevypadá na Čecha, (alespoň z Moravy) nějak atypicky - lidé nějak šmrncnutí baltickým typem či goridem, nejsou na Moravě kdovíjaká vzácnost (Menšík, Brzobohatý, Brindzáková, apod.)

Magnolia
08-12-2017, 10:01 PM
OK, jeho původ jsem neznal. Nicméně, IMHO nevypadá na Čecha, (alespoň z Moravy) nějak atypicky - lidé nějak šmrncnutí baltickým typem či goridem, nejsou na Moravě kdovíjaká vzácnost (Menšík, Brzobohatý, Brindzáková, apod.)

Ja jsem ho nikdy nevidela v nicem hrat, fotografii znam a vzdy mi pripadal necim cizim. Tipovala jsem ho na minimalne slovensky mix, proto jsem sla hledat, co byl zac. Kazdopadne je to fuk. Me vterinove vzdy neco napadne a toto uz je davno pryc. Tedy promin, ze jsem ti tu do toho vstoupila.

Loki
08-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Magnolia you haven't voted yet. When you do it will be czech mate. :)

Mikula
08-12-2017, 10:09 PM
Back to the topic. Since the first days of my being at TheApricity, I was posting pics of Czech celebs, to ask for classification of them. Almost 4 years later I have chosen pics of more or less typical representants of the most ferquent phenotypes in our country (alpinids, norids, gorids, etc.). I was curious how the non-Czechs imagine the "average Czech look". I was trying to chose faces who looks typical for our country, and of course my list is subjective. Alhough I am a gnealogist, I have not genealogical data of them, therefore I dont know whether some of them has some non-Czech ancesry, partially. But it is hard to find a Czech who has not ANY non-Czechs (especially Germans) among their ancesstors.

Mikula
08-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Ja jsem ho nikdy nevidela v nicem hrat.

Tak to budou ty generační rozdíly - on pro mě představuje mé dětství - hrál prince a Honzy v pohádkách, neolitického kupce v Osadě Havranů, atd.

Peterski
08-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Probably 4., 7. or 6. (I voted 7. - but maybe I would change to 4.).

2. looks like my uncle Henryk, who is Polish, so 2. cannot be Czech.

Magnolia
08-12-2017, 10:51 PM
No. 2 is Silesian/East Moravian, so yes there are plenry of Poles/Polish looking people in that area.

Dandelion
08-12-2017, 11:15 PM
The epitome of Czechness is this guy to me still

http://1gr.cz/fotky/idnes/11/063/org/OB3bf43c_mladek_dlabola_005.jpg

Of course, this is my foreign impression of the average Czech male.

Kamal900
08-12-2017, 11:24 PM
The epitome of Czechness is this guy to me still

http://1gr.cz/fotky/idnes/11/063/org/OB3bf43c_mladek_dlabola_005.jpg

Of course, this is my foreign impression of the average Czech male.

That smile would bring any lady to his penis, lol. His head shape looks very similar to Jack Nicholson.

rhiannon
08-13-2017, 12:25 AM
1 or 3

Ibericus
08-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Seven

Damiăo de Góis
08-13-2017, 12:44 AM
I'd say 6

Mikula
08-13-2017, 07:43 AM
Thanks for all your votes and comments.
Diversity of phenotypes in the Czech Republic is quiet high, due its location in the Central Europe.
Therefore is uneasy to choose just one "typical look".
And as you can see, even 2 Czech members has different viewpoints about it.
I planned also simillar thread with Czech female faces, but I am afraid of it, now.
As I wrote before, to chose the representative pictures is quiet subjetive thing.
And for me, as man, is the possibility that I will tend to cherrypicking is much higher, in this case. :)
And becasuse the most ot the apricitians are guys, I am afraid that they will tend to chose not the average Czech look,
but the one, who looks more attractive to them.
And because of my experiences from various discussions here, every single apritician consideres himself as an
expert for Czech girls and their look, I am also afraid that the pics chosen by me will be refused by them,
and thread will be overhelmed by comments like:
- she is too pretty/ugly for an average Czech girl
- she is too thick/thin for an average Czech girl
- she is too tall/short for an average Czech girl
- she is too dark/light for an average Czech girl
etc.

...and my fellow compatriot will teach me that half of them are partly of Slovak, Polish, Jewish, or whatever descent :)

Magnolia
08-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Mikula, I know you it wasnt your intention, but 4 people from your sample are East Moravians/Silesians.* I usually recognize people from this small part of Czech republic very easy, they look different than people from other parts.
No 3. is even half East Moravian/Ukrainian. He was voted the most because he looked the most East European.
It is OK. It is not important. Everybody will always choose faces who look the most familiar to him/her.
And no I dont think.it is a good idea to post here pictures of Czech women, but it is up to you.

* area on the Polish + Slovakian border.

Dandelion
08-13-2017, 08:39 AM
Thanks for all your votes and comments.
Diversity of phenotypes in the Czech Republic is quiet high, due its location in the Central Europe.
Therefore is uneasy to choose just one "typical look".
And as you can see, even 2 Czech members has different viewpoints about it.
I planned also simillar thread with Czech female faces, but I am afraid of it, now.
As I wrote before, to chose the representative pictures is quiet subjetive thing.
And for me, as man, is the possibility that I will tend to cherrypicking is much higher, in this case. :)
And becasuse the most ot the apricitians are guys, I am afraid that they will tend to chose not the average Czech look,
but the one, who looks more attractive to them.
And because of my experiences from various discussions here, every single apritician consideres himself as an
expert for Czech girls and their look, I am also afraid that the pics chosen by me will be refused by them,
and thread will be overhelmed by comments like:
- she is too pretty/ugly for an average Czech girl
- she is too thick/thin for an average Czech girl
- she is too tall/short for an average Czech girl
- she is too dark/light for an average Czech girl
etc.

...and my fellow compatriot will teach me that half of them are partly of Slovak, Polish, Jewish, or whatever descent :)

Posting Czech girls would make one Czech person here say 'are the women not beautiful in your country?'

Czech men are safer. ;)

Magnolia
08-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Posting Czech girls would make one Czech person here say 'are the women not beautiful in your country?'

Czech men are safer. ;)
Absolutely. That's the reason.

Dandelion
08-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Absolutely. That's the reason.

I gotta be honest with you. I was very tempted of posting those Czech intern girls in bikini from that nuclear power plant. ;) But I calmed down.

Mikula
08-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Mikula, I know you it wasnt your intention, but 4 people from your sample are East Moravians/Silesians.* I usually recognize people from this small part of Czech republic very easy, they look different than people from other parts.
No 3. is even half East Moravian/Ukrainian. .

You are right:
4 are Moravians/Silesians, 3 are Bohemians.
Perhaps I will start a thread with female faces, actually, when 5 will be from Bohemia, 1 from Moravia and 1 from Silesia :)

According Ivan Luťanský, I did not know that his father was from Subcarpatian Ruthenia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakarpattia_Oblast), actually.
At least, I did not post face of Tomio Okamura (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomio_Okamura), here :)

Magnolia
08-13-2017, 01:47 PM
You are right:
4 are Moravians/Silesians, 3 are Bohemians.
Perhaps I will start a thread with female faces, actually, when 5 will be from Bohemia, 1 from Moravia and 1 from Silesia :)

According Ivan Luťanský, I did not know that his father was from Subcarpatian Ruthenia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakarpattia_Oblast), actually.
At least, I did not post face of Tomio Okamura (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomio_Okamura), here :)

4 East Moravians + and at least Skopal is Moravian too, he was only born in Bohemia but he wasnt Bohemian, his father was a stage director (*Rosice u Brna, Central Moravia), his mother worked in Zlin's theatre (East Moravia). :)
The distribution of surname Piškula then looks like this:
http://www.kdejsme.cz/map/p/351/bdf620c9d0e613c997437a1cda5ae.png

No need to start another thread. It is just interesting how people unwittingly choose familar faces typical for their area.

Peterski
08-13-2017, 02:35 PM
and my fellow compatriot will teach me that half of them are partly of Slovak, Polish, Jewish, or whatever descent :)

Since you are a genealogist, you could calculate data from family trees and post some statistical data on what is the average percent of Czechness in a Czech. And for example what percent of ancestors of a typical Czech are various Non-Czech ethnicities. Just make sure that your sample size is large and representative.

If you find any 100% pure Czechs back to the Middle Ages, they should do a DNA test.

Cristiano viejo
08-13-2017, 02:37 PM
number 4 here

Mikula
08-13-2017, 04:18 PM
It is just interesting how people unwittingly choose familar faces typical for their area.

It sounds reasonable

Mikula
08-13-2017, 04:23 PM
Since you are a genealogist, you could calculate data from family trees and post some statistical data on what is the average percent of Czechness in a Czech. And for example what percent of ancestors of a typical Czech are various Non-Czech ethnicities. Just make sure that your sample size is large and representative.

If you find any 100% pure Czechs back to the Middle Ages, they should do a DNA test.

Well, if I could post just faces of people , when I know their ancestry very well, the best will be to post just pics of me and my family members :)
Anyway most of Czechs cannot reach their ancestry more back than to ca. 1680s, with good luck to 1600s.
Only descendents of noblers can reach their ancestry back to Middle Ages, here.

Peterski
08-13-2017, 04:37 PM
Anyway most of Czechs cannot reach their ancstry more back than to ca. 1680s, with good luck to 1600s.
Only descendents of noblers can reach their ancestry back to Middle Ages, here.

So post "the average % of Czechness in a Czech until 1680", no problem. :)

Mikula
08-23-2017, 08:13 PM
So post "the average % of Czechness in a Czech until 1680", no problem. :)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b1/9d/4f/b19d4fd6ec9fa9ffc7acd71d05602401--calendar-june-genealogy-quotes.jpg