PDA

View Full Version : Eating once a day

Lek
04-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Anyone who does it, and what do you eat?

War Chef
04-19-2017, 11:29 PM
what do you eat?

pussy.

Lek
04-19-2017, 11:33 PM
pussy.

Nom nom

RN97
04-20-2017, 12:14 AM
I used to do this interment fasting shite. I'd eat whatever my folks prepared and a big portion of it. IDK if it works. For me it worked equally well as normal dieting.

Kazimiera
04-20-2017, 10:15 PM
I eat once a day and have been doing so for years. I never eat breakfast, mainly because I generally only wake up around lunchtime (12-2pm). I can't stomach a meal after just waking up so usually I just have dinner. If I'm awake a little earlier, I'll have lunch but not supper.

For me dinner consists mainly of pulses (protein), vegetables and rice or couscous.

Today, for example, I got up a little earlier and my husband and I had a big lunch. There is a restaurant locally that has a great buffet. I had sweet potato (love it!), butternut, beetroot, fresh peas in the pod, marinated mushrooms, pomegranate, baby corn, carrots, celery, brown bread with lots of hummus, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomato, apple and goji berries.

I will eat again tomorrow night. :)

Convolvulus
05-05-2017, 07:27 PM
It's good because it makes you run on a lower quantity of food (enhance capabilities of extracting nutriments from food thereby increases food value + SAVES MONEY), gives spare time to your stomach and bowels(never good running something H24), avoid the post-lunch chronic fatigue - meaning ,ore productivity and no urge to sleep(as you wont have this added energy consumption for processing lunchfood).
Also you'll only shit once in a day.

Nothing to fear, the people will not look weirdly at you, and the stomach sound can be easily suppressed if you increase the pressure inside the belly (done by contracting abs and pouring in some air through the nose).

Linebacker
05-05-2017, 07:45 PM
I eat once,5 or 6 times a day.

Purohit ji
05-05-2017, 07:48 PM
I eat once in a day. Once in night and once late night

Convolvulus
05-05-2017, 07:53 PM
I eat once,5 or 6 times a day.

Man you should ask yourself if maybe you are not overusing your body, it's cattle who are usually fed like that.

BeerBaron
05-05-2017, 07:54 PM
I eat once a day and have been doing so for years. I never eat breakfast, mainly because I generally only wake up around lunchtime (12-2pm). I can't stomach a meal after just waking up so usually I just have dinner. If I'm awake a little earlier, I'll have lunch but not supper.

For me dinner consists mainly of pulses (protein), vegetables and rice or couscous.

Today, for example, I got up a little earlier and my husband and I had a big lunch. There is a restaurant locally that has a great buffet. I had sweet potato (love it!), butternut, beetroot, fresh peas in the pod, marinated mushrooms, pomegranate, baby corn, carrots, celery, brown bread with lots of hummus, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomato, apple and goji berries.

i cant eat after waking either, cant stand it, never ate breakfast.

Lek
05-05-2017, 08:04 PM
I eat once in a day. Once in night and once late night

explain further

Annie999
05-05-2017, 08:07 PM
I couldnt do it! I can skip eating at breakfast but I cannot skip lunch, tea time and dinner :eek:

Peterski
05-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Why would anyone want to eat just once a day?

Due to having poor metabolism and getting fat?

I couldnt do it! I can skip eating at breakfast but I cannot skip lunch, tea time and dinner :eek:

Isn't breakfast the most important meal actually?

Linebacker
05-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Man you should ask yourself if maybe you are not overusing your body, it's cattle who are usually fed like that.

Im about 220 lbs of muscle.

The hunger when you have that musculature is completely different from the hunger a normal person feels when he needs to eat.

Its like a drug addiction,you just feel the extreme need to eat something or you will go insane,you start to shake,you can't concentrate,and you get an unbearable feeling of weakness.

Convolvulus
05-06-2017, 05:38 PM

Mate breakfast would be important if your worked in a mine or were a slave in the roman times, the only thing it does is consuming energy for digestion, energy which doesnt feed the brain. The 3 meals a day thign is based on nothing it's dogma.

If you want to have a good health you should use your body like it was designed to be used over the years. The feeding ourselves like cattle thing is recent. It is normal thing for all animals and for all our ancestors to fast for a week or more, and surely not filling your belly for 12h is okay especially if you aren't even working in some highly physical labour.

A quick glance on Youtube and I saw even athletes do it, so ther's nothing dangerous.

Convolvulus
05-06-2017, 05:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c

Wrong
05-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Fasting is great. 2000% HGH boost after 20 hours.

Profileid
05-07-2017, 06:51 AM
I often do this,especially if I have school or work.
I overheard someone at uni complaining they couldn't focus because they hadn't at by noon and I chuckled. I hadn't ate for nearly 18 hours and felt clearheaded.

Profileid
05-07-2017, 06:52 AM
Im about 220 lbs of muscle.

The hunger when you have that musculature is completely different from the hunger a normal person feels when he needs to eat.

Its like a drug addiction,you just feel the extreme need to eat something or you will go insane,you start to shake,you can't concentrate,and you get an unbearable feeling of weakness.

You have poor discipline.

Sekarotuinen
05-07-2017, 07:28 AM
It's unhealthy to do that. Eat a nutritious and calorie-appropriate breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and you'll be great.

Oneeye
05-07-2017, 07:29 AM
The fuck you all on? I hate skipping meals, especially breakfast.

Al-Meksiki
05-07-2017, 08:49 AM
I eat once per day, usually something high in calories

Annie999
05-08-2017, 01:19 AM

In this land it's common to have a light breakfast as the most important meals are lunch and then dinner, it's a cultural thing. Also dinner happens around 9pm or even later.

Iloko
05-08-2017, 01:22 AM
I did this for around 2 months straight once and lost 65 lbs....205lbs down to 140 lbs over a decade ago.

My current weight as of today is 149 lbs. Want to get down to 120 before the end of the year and get toned. :)

Oneeye
05-08-2017, 01:26 AM
I did this for around 2 months straight once and lost 65 lbs....205lbs down to 140 lbs over a decade ago.

My current weight as of today is 149 lbs. Want to get down to 120 before the end of the year and get toned. :)

How tall are you?

RN97
05-08-2017, 01:30 AM
The fuck you all on? I hate skipping meals, especially breakfast.

You don't need it though, it's just one of many methods of losing weight. It's quite rough though. Especially at night. Trying to sleep hungry is not easy for me, lol. I'm trying to lose weight currently and I don't use this method anymore. IMO a traditional diet where you try to achieve more burnt than consumed calories still works fine.

Iloko
05-08-2017, 01:45 AM
How tall are you?
5'9

ЛыSSый
05-08-2017, 02:25 AM
Eating once a day

Anyone who does it, and what do you eat? it's a stupied, no, this is the terminally idiotical idea.

all whom i know who had such diet gained theirs balleys in short time and got problems with stomach after. 3 times at least, not less.

Oneeye
05-08-2017, 05:10 AM
5'9

I'm only two inches taller.. And when I dropped down to 135, I was super scrawny. 155 I managed to be "toned" at.

It sounds to me that you should focus more on gaining lean mass.

Oneeye
05-08-2017, 05:20 AM
You don't need it though, it's just one of many methods of losing weight. It's quite rough though. Especially at night. Trying to sleep hungry is not easy for me, lol. I'm trying to lose weight currently and I don't use this method anymore. IMO a traditional diet where you try to achieve more burnt than consumed calories still works fine.

How many calories are consumed in this one meal? It seems ridiculously unhealthy.

Dandelion
05-08-2017, 06:06 AM
I even notice a void when I only have two meals one day. Three is what I need. And I'm no fatty neither. Fast metabolism and when I risk becoming fat I'd exercise.

Profileid
05-08-2017, 06:09 AM
Different things work for different people.
This along with fasting was particularly effective for me and I dropped nearly 25 pounds doing it. I'm surprised so many people get hungry that quickly.

Amorette
06-10-2017, 04:05 AM
No, I don't and I don't think I will. I feel like I have been gaining weight lately but a few pounds or so I can handle still. If it becomes too much weight gain then I will eat less or go down to 2 meals rather than one meal. One meal just seems too little.

Svipdag
06-10-2017, 05:39 PM
YES. I eat once a day, usually a bowl of soup, an Italian sandwich, which contains meat, salad vegetables, and a roll, and a dessert such as chocolate ice cream or chocolate cake. I may sometimes take a small snack with the pills which I take at bed-time, one of which is supposed to be taken with food.

Svipdag
06-10-2017, 05:50 PM

Ah yes, you have stated the REAL reason I eat only one meal a day. I never get up early enough to have breakfast. I have debated whether to call my one real meal "brunch" or "lunner".

REM ACV TETIGISTI

TITVS DECIVS PLAVTVS

frankhammer
06-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Sometimes a single meal, sometimes three.

For a long while now, I have adhered to a 12 -14 hour fast every day from around 6.30 to 7 pm until the next morning.

I also have a fairly good idea what my caloric intake is on any given day and eat to that. Roughly 4000 so I can eat a fair bit too. Less on an office bound day.

Always whole foods over processed products.

LoLeL
06-10-2017, 06:41 PM
If you don't have a slow metabolism, don't try it.

frankhammer
06-10-2017, 06:48 PM
If you don't know your what your base caloric intake should be, don't try it.

FTFY.

Too many people assume they have this or that metabolism. I always assumed I had a slow metabolism due to my more endomorphic body type. I was wrong.

EL_BARBARO
06-10-2017, 06:58 PM
5 meals:

1. Desayuno: 7-8 am
2. Desayuno de media maņana: 10.30-11.30 am
3. Almuerzo: 2-3 pm
4. Merienda: 5.30-6.30 pm
5. Cena: 9-10pm

Myanthropologies
06-10-2017, 07:16 PM
When I fast for Ramadan, I eat once a day, and when I eat at the end of the day, I take it slow. I have a glass of room temperature water first, and make sure i eat foods with vegetables, grains, and protiens, like rice and chicken with salad. Then I wait 30 minutes and treat myself to dessert as well as eat more food lol.

Kazimiera
06-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Ah yes, you have stated the REAL reason I eat only one meal a day. I never get up early enough to have breakfast. I have debated whether to call my one real meal "brunch" or "lunner".

REM ACV TETIGISTI

TITVS DECIVS PLAVTVS

I eat later in the day, so mine is "lupper". :D

Sekarotuinen
06-10-2017, 07:28 PM
When I fast for Ramadan, I eat once a day, and when I eat at the end of the day, I take it slow. I have a glass of room temperature water first, and make sure i eat foods with vegetables, grains, and protiens, like rice and chicken with salad. Then I wait 30 minutes and treat myself to dessert as well as eat more food lol.
What? You dont gorge yourself on a day's worth of food at sunset as part of your 'fast', takfir alert!

Myanthropologies
06-10-2017, 07:36 PM
What? You dont gorge yourself on a day's worth of food at sunset as part of your 'fast', takfir alert!

It's really bad for your stomach when you do it that way. I usually eat at a lot around 3 in the morning right before fasting starts. The other morning I had two pancakes, an egg sandwich, and some fruit lol.

frankhammer
06-10-2017, 07:38 PM
This thread is not about your fruitcake foreign devil religion. There's a whole sub-forum for you nutters.

Try keep that in mind.

Sekarotuinen
06-10-2017, 09:02 PM
It's really bad for your stomach when you do it that way. I usually eat at a lot around 3 in the morning right before fasting starts. The other morning I had two pancakes, an egg sandwich, and some fruit lol.
I do the same thing. I stay up late, eat at 3, wake up for prayer, go back to sleep for like half the day, eat after sunset repeat.