PDA

View Full Version : Who would pass more easily as Palestinian: Bar Rafaeli or Aishwarya Rai?

Tooting Carmen
04-20-2017, 01:02 AM
This is a serious question. Even though Jews are genetically very close to Palestinians, the types who look like Rafaeli I doubt would really pass at all. In contrast, Rai is among the lightest 5% or so of Indians, and would be more feasible imo.

Bar Rafaeli
https://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2015_51/1344646/151217-bar-refaeli-1543_bddb9ade9b4d65a51b731441a199ebdf.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpghttp://www3.pictures.stylebistro.com/gi/Bar+Refaeli+Long+Hairstyles+Long+Wavy+Cut+FSpvgrpd sXrx.jpg

Aishwarya Rai
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2974026/thumbs/o-AISHWARYA-RAI-900.jpg?2https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2015/04/24/15/AishwaryaRaiBachchan.jpg

Sikeliot
04-20-2017, 01:16 AM
Jews are not "very close genetically to Palestinians," they're closest to southern Italians. Unless the latter are also "very close to Palestinians."

Anyway Aishwarya Rai passes better.

Tooting Carmen
04-20-2017, 01:18 AM
Jews are not "very close genetically to Palestinians," they're closest to southern Italians. Unless the latter are also "very close to Palestinians."

Anyway Aishwarya Rai passes better.

Depends on the Jewish group probably. Sephardim and Mizrahim would be closer, Ashkenazim less so.

Shah-Jehan
04-20-2017, 01:29 AM
I doubt Aishwarya Rai passes outside of the Indian Subcontinent.

Smitty
04-20-2017, 01:33 AM
Are Rai's eyes really that teal color, or are those contacts?

MysteriousWays
04-20-2017, 01:40 AM
Depends on the Jewish group probably. Sephardim and Mizrahim would be closer, Ashkenazim less so.

Sephardim are not much closer than Ashkenazim. Mizrahim are closer, but still decently separated on a PCA plot.

Hahnbachert
04-20-2017, 01:59 AM

Agree,,,

Isleņo
04-20-2017, 02:08 AM
Aishwarya passes better. The Jewish girl may be sorta watered down with European DNA. Also, Jews are close to Sicilians and Maltese, not to Palestinians, if I may.

Sikeliot
04-20-2017, 02:13 AM
Aishwarya passes better. The Jewish girl may be sorta watered down with European DNA. Also, Jews are close to Sicilians and Maltese, not to Palestinians, if I may.

Ashkenazim (and even Sicilians/Maltese for that matter) would be the genetic equivalent of half Levantine, half North Italian. For Jews, this may be close to their true admixture.

But even then, Bar Rafaeli looks Nordic. Not South Euro and Levantine. :lol:

Isleņo
04-20-2017, 02:27 AM
Ashkenazim (and even Sicilians/Maltese for that matter) would be the genetic equivalent of half Levantine, half North Italian. For Jews, this may be close to their true admixture.

But even then, Bar Rafaeli looks Nordic. Not South Euro and Levantine. :lol:But I've noticed with Jews they can sometimes look very Northern Euro. I do know they vary often from 30%-70% Hebrew ancestry, so I assume the more northern Euro AJ's are less Hebrew in ancestry. And i think it's more Spain/Levantine for Sicilian/Maltese as a genetic equivalent than north Italy/Levantine imo. Also, on 23andme results of Sicilians notice it's mostly Italian with like 9%-12% Middle East, do you remember what they are basing the ME on? Can't be Levantine huh or is it

Sikeliot
04-20-2017, 02:39 AM
But I've noticed with Jews they can sometimes look very Northern Euro. I do know they vary often from 30%-70% Hebrew ancestry, so I assume the more northern Euro AJ's are less Hebrew in ancestry. And i think it's more Spain/Levantine for Sicilian/Maltese as a genetic equivalent than north Italy/Levantine imo. Also, on 23andme results of Sicilians notice it's mostly Italian with like 9%-12% Middle East, do you remember what they are basing the ME on? Can't be Levantine huh or is it

Western Sicily it comes up Spain/Levant or sometimes Spain/Assyria, or Spain/Armenia. Eastern Sicily comes up North Italy/Levant.

On 23andme Ashkenazim rarely score MENA because all of theirs is embedded into the Ashkenazi cluster.

zhaoyun
04-20-2017, 02:43 AM
Rai obviously.

Isleņo
04-20-2017, 02:43 AM
Western Sicily it comes up Spain/Levant or sometimes Spain/Assyria, or Spain/Armenia. Eastern Sicily comes up North Italy/Levant.

On 23andme Ashkenazim rarely score MENA because all of theirs is embedded into the Ashkenazi cluster.
No I meant Sicilian results on 23andme. I see them usually ranging 9%-13% ME and the rest mostly Italian.

Isleņo
04-20-2017, 02:44 AM
Rai obviously.

Obviously was the key word, lol

Sikeliot
04-20-2017, 02:45 AM
No I meant Sicilian results on 23andme. I see them usually ranging 9%-13% ME and the rest mostly Italian.

I've seen as low as 0.7% MENA all the way up to 30%. Most fall in the 10-15% range, I think, with 12% being typical.

Same is true of Aegean islanders. The results come out close, only the latter have more Balkan. But their first score is often Italian too.

Hahnbachert
04-20-2017, 02:45 AM
neither look plaestaine

Isleņo
04-20-2017, 03:05 AM
I've seen as low as 0.7% MENA all the way up to 30%. Most fall in the 10-15% range, I think, with 12% being typical.

Same is true of Aegean islanders. The results come out close, only the latter have more Balkan. But their first score is often Italian too.
Yes, that's why I said 9%-13% ME because most I've seen were in that range. Who do you think are more extra-European, Sicilians, A.Jews, Sephardic Jews, Greek Islanders, Greek Cypriots or Canarians?

Sikeliot
04-20-2017, 03:14 AM
Yes, that's why I said 9%-13% ME because most I've seen were in that range. Who do you think are more extra-European, Sicilians, A.Jews, Sephardic Jews, Greek Islanders, Greek Cypriots or Canarians?

Canarians' North African input pulls them further because it's different in a way West Asian DNA is not, but in terms of amount?

Cyprus > Sephardim> Sicily/Crete/Dodecanese/Ashkenazim (add Calabria here too) > other Aegean islands > Canarians.

Isleņo
04-20-2017, 03:33 AM
Cyprus > Sephardim> Sicily/Crete/Dodecanese/Ashkenazim (add Calabria here too) > other Aegean islands > Canarians.
So you think Cypriots are the most extra-European and Canarians the least?

Sikeliot
04-20-2017, 03:39 AM
So you think Cypriots are the most extra-European and Canarians the least?

Yes.

Isleņo
04-20-2017, 03:45 AM
Yes.
And you think Sicilians are more extra-European than a Canarian?

Ingenious
04-20-2017, 06:21 AM

But even then, Bar Rafaeli looks Nordic. Not South Euro and Levantine. :lol:

So all that time in movies where they had Jesus being protrayed by an italian actor was actually accurate...lol

Antimage
04-20-2017, 06:34 AM
This is Aishwarya Rai
http://cdn2.stylecraze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/aishwarya-rai-without-makeup.jpg
These are palestinians
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK8Ug1AUAAE9PLQ.jpg
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/F17YEE/gaza-city-the-gaza-strip-palestine-29th-aug-2015-palestinian-girls-F17YEE.jpg
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/palestinian-girls-in-traditional-dress-dance-in-the-northern-west-picture-id73814205

It's obvious, Aishwarya Rai fits better than Bar Rafaeli who looks northern european and can't pass at all. There's a reason why some palis call jews "euro/white colonizers"

Even though Jews are genetically very close to Palestinians, the types who look like Rafaeli I doubt would really pass at all.

How you know where she plots genetically?

Btw, I voted Bar Rafeli, but only by accident.

The Blade
04-20-2017, 11:05 AM
Rai.

TenaciousTopologist
04-20-2017, 11:11 AM
aishwarya has a very indid face, don't let the makeup and pigmentation fool you

Kamal900
04-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Aishwarya Rai passes obviously. Bar looks very western and central European to me.

lameduck
04-20-2017, 01:04 PM
Ashwairya rai obviously

crazyladybutterfly
04-20-2017, 01:15 PM
doesnt the second look too much indian? or ? some palestinians look european

von.nteller
04-20-2017, 01:25 PM
LMAO Aishwarya Rai doesn't look anything like a Palestinian. She looks very South Asian.

Palestinians can pass in South Italy and Southern Europe

von.nteller
04-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Southern Europeans on this forum are LAUGHABLE. Palestinians more often than not can pass in Southern Europe.

crazyladybutterfly
04-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Southern Europeans on this forum are LAUGHABLE. Arabs look more like Southern Europeans than South Asians look like Arabs.

actually i agree. indians are borderline from another race or completely of another race depending on the individual

crazyladybutterfly
04-20-2017, 01:27 PM
LMAO Aishwarya Rai doesn't look anything like a Palestinian. She looks very South Asian.

not the average palestinian but some do indeed pass

Antimage
04-20-2017, 01:29 PM
Southern Europeans on this forum are LAUGHABLE. Palestinians more often than not can pass in Southern Europe.

But question is: who fit better? Bar Rafaeli looks central/northern european, not even southern. Not sure what southern europeans have to do with tihs.
Even Gilgamesh the Pali member voted Rai fits better. Btw to the untrained eye the south asian look don't mean much, if she's similar in pigmentation, she pass.

von.nteller
04-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Here you geniuses.

Palestinian-American girls with actor Bill Pullman. I'm pretty sure even someone with 20/300 vision like myself would know they aren't South Indians even without my contacts or glasses on. If anything I'd mistake them as Sicilian.

http://media.jrn.com/images/cherien+dabis_1407354279609_7246805_ver1.0_640_480 .jpg

crazyladybutterfly
04-20-2017, 01:31 PM
Here you geniuses.

Palestinian-American girls with actor Bill Pullman. I'm pretty sure even someone with 20/300 vision like myself would know they aren't South Indians even without my contacts or glasses on. If anything I'd mistake them as Sicilian.

http://media.jrn.com/images/cherien+dabis_1407354279609_7246805_ver1.0_640_480 .jpg

they pass better as high caste indians than as sicilians . as a group i would never take them for italians only if "alone" except the woman on the left she cant pass at all

von.nteller
04-20-2017, 01:35 PM
But question is: who fit better? Bar Rafaeli looks central/northern european, not even southern. Not sure what southern europeans have to do with tihs.
Even Gilgamesh the Pali member voted Rai fits better. Btw to the untrained eye the south asian look don't mean much, if she's similar in pigmentation, she pass.

Okay well in comparison to Bar Rafaeli obviously any Indian fits better in Palestine, because of darker pigmentation.

RN97
04-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Neither Bar looks Scando and that other girl like a bollywood Indian...

von.nteller
04-20-2017, 01:39 PM
they pass better as high caste indians than as sicilians . as a group i would never take them for italians only if "alone" except the woman on the left she cant pass at all

Okay agreed but there are SOME Palestinians, maybe not the ones I posted, who can look Italian or Southern European.

Antimage
04-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Okay agreed but there are SOME Palestinians, maybe not the ones I posted, who can look Italian or Southern European.

This is not subject of this thread. Why you keep bringing this up?

Okay well in comparison to Bar Rafaeli obviously any Indian fits better in Palestine, because of darker pigmentation.

Bar Rafaeli doesn't look pali in facial features either.

von.nteller
04-20-2017, 01:42 PM
This is not subject of this thread. Why you keep bringing this up?

Just to convey the point that Rai is a Bollywood actress from South India and looks distinctly South Asian and not like a Middle Eastern Semite.

von.nteller
04-20-2017, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Odin von Ossetien;4359620
Bar Rafaeli doesn't look pali in facial features either.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

JMack
04-20-2017, 03:20 PM

Exactly. Common people almost never pay attention to facial traits. Pigmentation is what matters the most.

The only cases where facial traits are important are exceptional situations like Black Albinos or something like that.

Sacrificed Ram
04-20-2017, 03:38 PM

http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/fetchObject.action?uri=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316.g002&representation=PNG_L

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316

Sebastianus Rex
04-20-2017, 04:08 PM

Agree, would pass in Iran also imo.

Hadouken
04-20-2017, 07:24 PM
aishwarya is really attractive :loveheart:

I think she also would pass better as palestinian than rafaeli . but neither fit as palestinian and aishwarya actually looks distinctive south asian ...the light pigmentation doesnt change this . and no she cant pass as Iranian either (imo) . I dont know why light indians always get placed in Iran ...very odd .

I can at least tell you that aishwarya doesnt look Kurdish or anything other west asian. it is impossible . same applies to rafaeli btw.

Tooting Carmen
04-20-2017, 07:27 PM
aishwarya is really attractive :loveheart:

I think she also would pass better as palestinian than rafaeli . but neither fit as palestinian and aishwarya actually looks distinctive south asian ...the light pigmentation doesnt change this . and no she cant pass as Iranian either (imo) . I dont know why light indians always get placed in Iran ...very odd .

I can at least tell you that aishwarya would never ever pass as Kurdish or anything other west asian. it is impossible . same applies to rafaeli btw.

Light Indians usually get placed in Iran because it is next door to the Subcontinent and many (though by no means all) lighter South Asians do look wholly or partly Iranid.

SardiniaAtlantis
04-20-2017, 07:27 PM
I agree Neither of them look Palestinian at all I would say they equally don't fit in to 98% degree however 2° 2 neither of them look Palestinian at all I would say they equally don't fit add a 98% degree however at a 2% agree I guess the nod goes to show how are yo goes to Aishwarya, who looks only Shouth Asian and I could never see as anything other than South Asian.

Hadouken
04-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Light Indians usually get placed in Iran because it is next door to the Subcontinent and many (though by no means all) lighter South Asians do look wholly or partly Iranid.

no they dont . they still look south asian mostly . not all south asians are dark ...they have their own variation but in most cases they still look south asian and not iranian . but you can disagree of course . I have experience from real life with both peoples and am content with what I say

also Iran is not "next door to the subcontinent" .. the majority of Iranians are located in west iran . on the southeast you have baloch people . and iran on the east borders pakistan and afghanistan first . it is a big stretch what you say

Tooting Carmen
04-20-2017, 07:34 PM
no they dont . they still look south asian mostly . not all south asians are dark ...they have their own variation but in most cases they still look south asian and not iranian . but you can disagree of course . I have experience from real life with both peoples and am content with what I say

Southern and Eastern Iranians can often look wholesale Pakistani themselves though. But I agree people from Tehran and the North are very different.

Hadouken
04-20-2017, 07:37 PM
Southern and Eastern Iranians can often look wholesale Pakistani themselves though. But I agree people from Tehran and the North are very different.

yes I agree . especially eastern iranians . however "pakistani" is also a vague term since you have also different peoples there such as pashtuns for example who can often look iranian etc.

but people like aishwarya look obviously south asian . not sure where else she would pass though . that would be an interesting question

Tooting Carmen
04-20-2017, 07:44 PM
yes I agree . especially eastern iranians . however "pakistani" is also a vague term since you have also different peoples there such as pashtuns for example who can often look iranian etc.

but people like aishwarya look obviously south asian . not sure where else she would pass though . that would be an interesting question

Outside the Subcontinent, I think Aishwarya could actually pass as a Mestiza (especially in Mexico, but also some other countries like Colombia and Venezuela).

Tooting Carmen
04-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Brazilian actress Juliana Paes has a certain resemblance to her:
http://justlia.com.br/JLBatalha/novo-cabelo-juliana-paes-antes.jpghttp://mediamass.net/jdd/public/documents/celebrities/5699.jpg

Hadouken
04-20-2017, 07:47 PM
^ I dont see it tbh.

Tooting Carmen
04-20-2017, 07:50 PM
^ I dont see it tbh.

Try these photos?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/eb/fa/ce/ebfacec1a9896403b95c4d0520d341a1.jpghttp://cidadeverde.com/assets/uploads/noticias/5e1ba323fa43df5746a93658fe9cbdb3.jpghttp://cdn.ofuxico.com.br/img/upload/noticias/2016/05/13/265534_36.jpghttps://s2.glbimg.com/jXoWhlfvawrDZm-To6xeCuYOvo0=/top/e.glbimg.com/og/ed/f/original/2016/02/12/julianapaes.jpg

Hadouken
04-20-2017, 07:52 PM
^ not at all man . one of us needs glasses

Hahnbachert
04-20-2017, 07:54 PM
in my ipinion aishwraya couldnmt even pass as northern indian. she loooks very southenr

Odin
06-10-2017, 01:30 AM
Aishwarya Rai.

Carlito's Way
06-10-2017, 01:33 AM
Aishwarya would pass better

never seen a Palestine like Rafaeli eveeeeeeeeeeeeer, that is how they wished they looked, in fact that is how levant people wish they looked

Arbërori
06-10-2017, 01:36 AM
Aishwarya obviously.

Although Bar looks a bit like Gigi Hadid, who is half Palestinian.

Tooting Carmen
08-31-2018, 11:21 PM
bump

Papastratosels26
08-31-2018, 11:48 PM
Aishwarya

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

IncelSlayer
08-31-2018, 11:50 PM
I have never seen an indian looking jew/palestinian in my life but theres tones of these NW euro ones among jews, so first option obviously.

Tauromachos
09-01-2018, 05:24 AM
Ashkenazi Jews are genetically closer to Southern European populations than to Palestinian natives.

Borealis
09-01-2018, 05:58 AM
I refuse to answer this question, it seems like there's an agenda here.