View Full Version : China's National Day, Chinese Military Parade 2009

The Lawspeaker
11-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Holy fuck.... (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3D8779829E709F20) :eek:
Now that is an ARMY..

JRTTH5HW6GQ

Sol Invictus
11-22-2010, 10:06 PM
I wonder if China will ever make the move toward communism again. I really doubt it but sometimes I wonder what the Chinese implications were in Nepal's recently successful Maoist Revolution, and if the Indian Naxals are receiving funding from them as well. They *could* be using their power to increase their influence on Asia to keep the west out as much as possible.

Austin
11-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Nice. It warms my insides to know the world won't be boring forever (:

Loki
11-22-2010, 10:29 PM
I wonder if China will ever make the move toward communism again.

China is still a communist state, and its ruling party is named the Communist Party of China.

Psychonaut
11-22-2010, 10:35 PM
China is still a communist state, and its ruling party is named the Communist Party of China.

Yeah, but they're communists in name only. China has never not been a top-down authoritarian state, and I don't think that will change in our lifetimes, but the line they're straddling between communism and capitalism will probably, as it has been doing, prove to be better for their continued growth than tipping towards either extreme. And, in the end, I don't think that the Chinese autocrats have any goals in mind other than the continued growth of their nation's wealth, power and global influence. True communism would negate this course, which makes me think they'll not return to it.

Loki
11-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah, but they're communists in name only. China has never not been a top-down authoritarian state, and I don't think that will change in our lifetimes, but the line they're straddling between communism and capitalism will probably, as it has been doing, prove to be better for their continued growth than tipping towards either extreme. And, in the end, I don't think that the Chinese autocrats have any goals in mind other than the continued growth of their nation's wealth, power and global influence. True communism would negate this course, which makes me think they'll not return to it.

I think they've managed to find a balance that works for them. They're exploiting the means that capitalism gives in expanding their wealth, whilst maintaining a certain level of authoritarianism and censorship that isn't seen in the West.

Even so, China's military technology still lacks behind that of the US and Russia, and will for some time to come. They still buy high-tech gear from Russia like Sukhoi planes and anti-aircraft missiles.

Saruman
11-22-2010, 11:17 PM
I got tired of their main military song..:D

RvKBcVcwq4E

1999 march was probably better, (maker of video omitted first 3 units including the Red Guards though)
ru-xQac_sWw

Their military marches are now scheduled every tenth year after the establishment of PRC, so the next one is in 2019. I wonder when will they show that supposedly new 75 t tank.

For this reason, I prefer great states, or at least military alliances of small ones.

China is no longer really communist but rather a nationalist state. Technologically they are lagging behind USA and Russia yes, but Russians haven't really benefited much from their new weaponry because of budget constraints, so China will probably, in conventional terms, become stronger militarily than Russia very soon.

CelticTemplar
11-22-2010, 11:34 PM
That it is official, there are way to many of these people.
I mean for Christ's sake, they look like a bunch of ants!