PDA

View Full Version : Russians and Nato

Hermit
04-29-2017, 11:24 PM
why do russians bother with opposition to the west? now that communism is over, whats the point?

so what, even if the whole region including russia became part of nato.

seems to me they would be much better off. why support an oligarchy?

ЛыSSый
04-29-2017, 11:48 PM
why do russians bother with opposition to the west? now that communism is over, whats the point?

:picard1:

you confuse cause and effect - nato was created as anti-russian organisation. by definition. this is the sense of its existense.

Hermit
04-29-2017, 11:55 PM
:picard1:

you confuse cause and effect - nato was created as anti-russian organisation. by definition. this is the sense of its existense.

yes. however there is no more communism. the problem with russia is that you would lose your freedom and have your economy destryed. hence the need for nato.

ЛыSSый
04-30-2017, 12:02 AM
yes. however there is no more communism. it's doesn't matter for nato

the problem with russia is that you would lose your freedom and have your economy destryed. hence the need for nato.
we? you confuse me with someone else. about anouther shit you've written - nothing new and interesting, just cheap propaganda for low class. it's a boring.

Hermit
04-30-2017, 01:32 AM
it's doesn't matter for nato

we? you confuse me with someone else. about anouther shit you've written - nothing new and interesting, just cheap propaganda for low class. it's a boring.

the point is...if you where taken over by nato...so what? you would just have an election.

catgeorge
04-30-2017, 01:38 AM

I am not too sure what you mean. NATO is merely a union for America to sell its weapons to its members in the name of "compatibility"

Its a business venture dont fool yourself.

ЛыSSый
04-30-2017, 01:43 AM
the point is...if you where taken over by nato...so what? you would just have an election.

If grandmother had penis she would have been a grandfather.

my proposition to administration: it must be some iq test for registration here - there are too much trolls with iq below 60

Hermit
04-30-2017, 01:49 AM
I am not too sure what you mean. NATO is merely a union for America to sell its weapons to its members in the name of "compatibility"

Its a business venture dont fool yourself.

you expect americans to pay for everything? books need to be balanced.

i mean, if nato took over russia, they could just have an election. why would anyone fight for an oligarchy?

ЛыSSый
04-30-2017, 10:09 PM
ok, let we assume user hermir really has iq over 60

i mean, if nato took over russia, they could just have an election. ok, but for we can continue this conversation let you try to substantiate both part of your assumption

why would anyone fight for an oligarchy? ok, but can you use this definition for both imagimate sides of conflict?

Hermit
04-30-2017, 10:54 PM
ok, let we assume user hermir really has iq over 60

ok, but for we can continue this conversation let you try to substantiate both part of your assumption
ok, but can you use this definition for both imagimate sides of conflict?

yes of course its imagination, since you would probably just get nuked.

that being said im thinking of common russian not high politics.

i was resently reading something about nato encroachment around russia. of course the russians see it as a threat. but, i couldnt help think that being taken over by the west would be a joke. if i was russian, why would i fight? country and culture arent even at risk. just fighting for BS politics.

ЛыSSый
04-30-2017, 11:17 PM
yes of course its imagination, since you would probably just get nuked.

that being said im thinking of common russian not high politics.

i was resently reading something about nato encroachment around russia. of course the russians see it as a threat. but, i couldnt help think that being taken over by the west would be a joke. if i was russian, why would i fight? country and culture arent even at risk. just fighting for BS politics.

ok, iq 60 was sucsessfuly detected. thanks for maintain.

Odin
01-22-2018, 05:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e92aw5kjf5Y

Yaglakar
01-22-2018, 05:29 AM
Russia is a powerful raging aging beast whose rulers live in a world of Clausewitz. The best thing to do is to place the beast in an enclosure and let it live its days. NATO = enclosure

Odin
02-10-2018, 10:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsrEpHIbwqA

ovidiu
02-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Yeah, that would never happen. NATO, from the Russian regime's perspective, represents a constant and looming geopolitical threat that outlived the Cold War. You have to admit, after the Cold War, and when they were stuck with the weak Yeltsin, the US and and NATO took that chance to advance influence eastward into the former Soviet sphere, despite promises not to do so earlier (instead of dismantling after the Warsaw Pact did). I guess all is fair in love and cold war; you can't really blame them. But I guess Putin then thought he should push back against that and counter it with a new Russian sphere of influence in the Commonwealth of Independent States (there's also the Eurasian Economic Union that was formed partly as a counter toward it, although this is geared more toward economic relations with former Soviet states).

The people themselves actually seem to support and like Putin a lot. He is a much stronger leader than some previous ones they've had, despite all the problems with him. I guess part of it is a longing for a stronger more important Russia. Also, Russia has always needed strong leaders to run it, going back to czarist times.

Odin
02-15-2018, 11:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V5vmzkqszU

Odin
04-13-2019, 12:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUuI2gd2spw

The Lawspeaker
04-13-2019, 12:34 PM

I say we should keep NATO, kick out the whole East (only keep the Baltic States, Slovenia and Croatia) and invite in the Finns, Swedes, Austrians, Swiss and Anzacs). We should focus on our core: the North Atlantic and the trade routes across the Pacific and Indian Ocean).

Slavic Italian
04-14-2019, 03:57 PM

The same Russians that just cancelled half their military modernization programs? I call bullshit on this one.

The Lawspeaker
04-14-2019, 04:04 PM
The same Russians that just cancelled half their military modernization programs? I call bullshit on this one.

Russian maskirovka. It seems to me, though, that those sanctions are having an effect. In fact: I think we should up them:

What if Europe stopped buying Russian gas tomorrow? (https://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Energy-Voices/2014/0326/What-if-Europe-stopped-buying-Russian-gas-tomorrow)

With plenty of natural gas in storage, and new options for buying it from other sources, Europe could go without Russian gas for the rest of the year, Grealy writes. Brussels might even benefit from going on the energy offensive by cutting off a dominant source of Russia's revenue.

March 26, 2014

By Nick Grealy (https://www.csmonitor.com/About/People/Energy-Partner-Bloggers/Nick-Grealy) Guest blogger

It’s only March, but it now seems clear that for service to the industry, the winner of European Shale Gas Man of the Year will go to Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.
It’s hard to know who is more surprised: Putin, the EU or Russian investors. It wasn’t meant to be like this. Putin forgot EU gas import dependency is matched by Russian export dependency.
Gazprom has the pipeline export monopoly and only opened up LNG exports to include Novatek in 2013. Within Russia there are many oil and gas producers, but Gazprom, as direct descendant of USSR Ministry of Gas Industry, and still 38% owned by the Russian Federation, has the monopoly of exports. This from Oxford Institute of Energy Studies (http://www.oxfordenergy.org/wpcms/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/What-the-Ukraine-crisis-means-for-gas-markets-GPC-3.pdf) from a couple of weeks ago is as up to date as one can get:

Sberbank estimates that Gazprom generated $162 billion of total revenues in 2013,34 meaning that gas exports to Europe as a whole accounted for 39% of this and exports through Ukraine for around 20%. Gazprom’s overall reliance on gas exports has been reduced over the past decade as the company has diversified into oil (via GazpromNeft), power generation and other related businesses. Nevertheless, the company would clearly be hit very hard by any interruption to its European exports.

It’s ironic that the OIES was until recently thought of as being too conservative and too eager to highlight the major role Russian gas played in European energy to the exclusion of LNG and shale gas. But their point today is that one could almost say that the last thing anyone want’s to do is what Russia, and Gazprom, has just done: revealing yourself as unreliable and expensive makes customers seek alternatives:
This from James Surowiecki in the New Yorker

(http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2014/03/24/140324ta_talk_surowiecki)
If Gazprom were seen as a reliable supplier, rather than as a tool of the Russian government, it wouldn’t be so vulnerable to competition. Of course, former K.G.B. agents aren’t known for their respect for market forces, and Putin cares far more about using Russian power than about Gazprom’s profits. But he’s about to find out that, when you’re running an authoritarian petrostate, energy profits are power: Russia depends on oil and gas revenue to fund its imperial ambitions and maintain stability at home. Alienating customers and giving competitors an opening isn’t just bad business. It’s bad politics. Putin likes to think of himself as a geopolitical grandmaster. But when it comes to natural gas he isn’t thinking enough moves ahead.

Putin certainly chose the wrong winter, but I guess he couldn't have spoilt the Sochi Games. Unlike the 30 year record low winter in the US, it has been very mild in Europe and as a result, Europe’s gas storage (https://transparency.gie.eu/)is already 45% full at time where it normally would be empty. It would be easy enough to reach 100% with Norwegian, Algerian or LNG supplies alone over the lower use summer season. People forget that the simplified reason behind storage is that gas flows out of holes in the ground at the same pressure in January or July. Therefore it has to go somewhere and gas storage is the answer. Russia could actually stop selling gas to Europe and no one would be any the wiser, or colder, until next winter. Russia would immediately notice the difference in the bank, which is why they don't want to interrupt supply.

That presents an interesting possibility that is making the rounds in Brussels, Washington and NATO circles. One has to understand that after the 2006/09 Russia/Ukraine disputes, other things have changed, quite apart from shale and LNG. Europe’s total gas demand is 10% below the peak as Europe burns more coal, renewables displace small, but noticeable, gas volumes and the economy has soured.The EU has also got Norway as even more reliable supplier eating more and more into what Russia considered a captive market. LNG of course has been already been disrupted by the evaporation of US demand, increasing the pool of suppliers. LNG is complex but essentially, if Europe was going to pay the price, which is still likely to be less than Russian gas is (or was), there’s plenty of gas sloshing around. In short, “Russia needs Europe more than Europe needs Russia.” Those words were spoken by David Cameron (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h9Ga8viSVR9qD-x-Ovm73TF2t9ng?docId=50dadb7a-d4d6-4947-b1bd-c6d644f7bdd1)of all people in Brussels but the point was made explicit by US State Department Special Envoy for Energy Affairs Carlos Pascual (http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/pasqual-substituting-gazprom-for-europe-is-not-a-problem-340351.html):

Russian gas giant Gazprom may lose the European energy market, since Europe can buy 160 billion cubic meters of gas from alternative sources – the exact amount it purchased from Gazprom in 2013, according to Carlos Pasqual, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine (2000-2003) and the State Department’s Special Envoy for Energy Affairs.

Energy analysts believe the European Union’s initiative on reducing reliance on Gazprom is serious.
Paqual, speaking during a press conference at the Ukrainian Crisis Media Center on March 21, estimated that over the next several years “at least 80-90 billion cubic meters of gas could enter the European market through new sources from Australia, Mozambique, Algeria, and other countries, while the U.S. government recently approved six new drilling licenses that could add yet another 80 billion.”

The last refers to the US LNG export story, a favourite of Republican Senators back home even as it ignores the fact that permitting exports and achieving them via terminals are two different things.

Back to Brussels, and moving away from energy, initial fears that Europe, and specifically Germany and the UK ,would be too eager to give in to Russian blackmail have been proven wrong. Merkel seems to have given up on diplomacy, stating Putin (http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116852/merkel-was-right-putins-lost-his-mind-press-conference) is out of it.

Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany told Mr. Obama by telephone on Sunday that after speaking with Mr. Putin she was not sure he was in touch with reality, people briefed on the call said. “In another world,” she said.

The reality, which both Putin and many energy “experts” including green enablers like EcoFin (http://www.cnbc.com/id/101514648) didn’t see coming, is that Brussels now thinks if push came to shove, they could do without Russian gas. Not only that, there is a new toughness in Europe that surprises themselves as much as anyone. Expect to hear a strange sound we thought we would never hear again: European sabre rattling. While no one is shooting, expect to see, if Putin wants it, various troop movements into the Baltics and Poland to match the Russian “exercises” near eastern Ukraine. Obama was heading to Brussels this week anyway to visit the EU. Significantly, he’s now going across town to NATO HQ as well.

But at the same time, there may be a more useful form of pre-emptive strike: A European gas buyers strike. Why wait for Russia to have the upper hand over supply in the event of a serious winter in 2014/15? Storage can only go up to 100% and that’s easy to reach in spring and summer from non-Russian sources. But cutting off the cash now will have a more immediate impact on Russia. US and European financial sanctions are already starting to hurt (http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/21/news/economy/russia-sanctions-impact/).

Europe can comfortably do without Russian gas for the rest of the year. In fact, we may even save money compared to Russian prices and save the cash for any possible LNG spikes this winter. Could Russia do without European money so easily? Let's cut them off first when they are more vulnerable instead of giving them billions to put us over a gas pipe next year.

In the big game in Putin’s mind, he can simply switch to China. But that’s as fanciful a notion as those LNG Liberty Tankers unloading on the beach. Russia and China have been talking gas deals for years, agreeing on everything apart from that little matter of price. But, in a yet another own goal for FC Kremlin, China will get an even better gas price now they realise they have VV Putin in a judo hold.

(http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/21/us-ukraine-crisis-russia-insight-idUSBREA2K07S20140321)
"With Western sanctions, the atmosphere could change quickly in favor of China”

Going back to shale, the Brussels meeting is reconvening in June with some concrete plans to change the energy mix. Russia has shown itself to be unreliable and expensive. That’s not a good combination in any business and Europeans will now rush to get gas from various sources including, starting at the end of 2015, US LNG. The US LNG is only available thanks to shale and if they aren’t yet saying much on shale in public, even Merkel and Hollande understand the contradiction that buying US shale while banning our own is irrational.

It's going to be interesting to see the Green reaction here. We may get the chance, albeit unwillingly for most, to see one of their pet theories in practice: Radical demand reduction. We certainly shall see proof that a rapid rise in renewables is as fanciful as instant LNG. Unfortunately, we may also see what it is allegedly being considered in the UK: The suspension of the large coal fired power station closures planned for next year.

If the UK government hadn't been shaken by the combination of green complaints and inconsequential earthquakes, to preclude Cuadrilla's shale gas plans, the UK at least would be facing the possibility of domestic shale gas supplies coming on line this winter, instead of 2016/17. Even after the multi year obsession and enabling of the "risk" industry, we missed one of the greatest gambles of all: supply won't even show up.

We should import our natural gas from Norway, my own country (some), Denmark (some), Britain, Canada and the United States instead. Oil the same.

Slavic Italian
04-14-2019, 04:52 PM
Russian maskirovka. It seems to me, though, that those sanctions are having an effect. In fact: I think we should up them:

We should import our natural gas from Norway, my own country (some), Denmark (some), Britain, Canada and the United States instead. Oil the same.

This isn't the USSR. They are no threat.

The Lawspeaker
04-14-2019, 05:06 PM
This isn't the USSR. They are no threat.

Let's make sure of that.

Blondie
04-14-2019, 05:16 PM
I don't hate Russia, but i prefer NATO, simple because this alliance is the last bastion of civilized world and there are more friends in NATO :)

Slavic Italian
04-14-2019, 07:28 PM
I don't hate Russia, but i prefer NATO, simple because this alliance is the last bastion of civilized world and there are more friends in NATO :)

What about the new Euro Army?

Blondie
04-14-2019, 07:31 PM
What about the new Euro Army?

I belive in united german, swiss, austrian and dutch army :)

Slavic Italian
04-14-2019, 07:38 PM
I belive in united german, swiss, austrian and dutch army :)

You are going to have to settle for the Franks. :) That being said their SOF are awesome and I was told they were some of the best soldiers of the wars in the ME the past decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnrDCOxOpyI

Ruggery
04-14-2019, 07:46 PM

Are you German or Hungarian?
If you are really German, what part of Germany are you?

Blondie
04-14-2019, 08:06 PM
Are you German or Hungarian?
If you are really German, what part of Germany are you?

German and my home is personal :)

Ruggery
04-14-2019, 08:18 PM
German and my home is personal :)

In what region? :confused:

Odin
04-27-2019, 12:02 PM

Lol what? They are already expanding in Africa, dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tECHzB-uCM

We all know that the Russian Army and Air Force is garbage tier and 5 F-35s could unironically destroy the entire Russian Air Force. Literally the only thing Russia has going for it is the threat of them destroying the whole world with nukes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-WKzAGd6Fs

^ And they start whining when we do something for Europe.:rolleyes:

Slavic Italian
04-27-2019, 12:49 PM
Lol what? They are already expanding in Africa, dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tECHzB-uCM

We all know that the Russian Army and Air Force is garbage tier and 5 F-35s could unironically destroy the entire Russian Air Force. Literally the only thing Russia has going for it is the threat of them destroying the whole world with nukes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-WKzAGd6Fs

^ And they start whining when we do something for Europe.:rolleyes:

You are overreacting. France and China own Africa. France has been conducting operations for some time in Africa. China has laid claim to some natural resources. Russia isn't doing anything of real significance.

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/welcome-frances-new-war-terror-africa-operation-barkhane-11029

China has a plan as well.

https://thediplomat.com/2017/06/why-chinese-infrastructural-loans-in-africa-represent-a-brand-new-type-of-neocolonialism/

Slavic Italian
04-27-2019, 12:52 PM
USA also has a strong presence in Africa. People are worried about the Russians when everybody else and their mothers are taking from Africa.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/where-does-the-u-s-have-troops-in-africa-and-why/

Slavic Italian
04-27-2019, 01:04 PM
I really think this site is polluted with agents from the West. I notice things others overlook. The West has always feared the East Slavs because they are the one people who always defeat the West in wars whether directly or indirectly. That is why there is a policy of containment. Many here overlook what the West takes from other regions that do not belong to them and focus on the Russians who have very few foreign bases and very little presence outside their own borders. Yes they(Iran as well) came to Syria and defeated ISIS which the West could not do. Just calling it how I see it.

Odin
05-11-2019, 12:29 PM
You are overreacting. France and China own Africa. France has been conducting operations for some time in Africa. China has a plan as well. China has laid claim to some natural resources. Russia isn't doing anything of real significance.

Nope. Every industrialized country is doing business in Africa, but Chinese are the only ones who are seriously investing in African laborers. Their yuan just got approved as a reserve currency, but no one is looking to adopt it yet. I'd bet their long plan is to invest in public works and infrastructure to get the people and bribe off the leaders (the ones they haven't already), for access to the market that's sure to emerge with a billion people. If it's the next region to industrialize China will be in the perfect position to loan them all the yuan they need.

Russians are already arming insurgents in Central Africa Republic, there is a civil war going on in Libya and Russians are heavily invested in the outcome of war, they are also pushing the Taliban to make deals with local Afghan politicians, but we won't be sitting on the sidelines anyway. Do they want a coherent stable Afghan government? Of course not, that government might disinvite the US and invite the Taliban in, so chaos reigns and it's business as usual.

USA also has a strong presence in Africa. People are worried about the Russians when everybody else and their mothers are taking from Africa.

And they are not complaining.

https://i.imgur.com/db6IjMU.png

I really think this site is polluted with agents from the West. I notice things others overlook. The West has always feared the East Slavs because they are the one people who always defeat the West in wars whether directly or indirectly. That is why there is a policy of containment. Many here overlook what the West takes from other regions that do not belong to them and focus on the Russians who have very few foreign bases and very little presence outside their own borders.

You would have a higher chance of winning the powerball than have a government agent get into an argument with you on this forum (after all, its an anthroforum filled with incels and trolls). You are not important if you believed it was real its not like you could affect many other people. The truth is people aren't buying your belligerent stupidity, except that everyone has something to say because everyone has an opinion. I know this is the new flat earth for your own entertainment but please don't inflict your bullshit on other people. At the very least, I want people visiting this forum to have available to them a fiber of truth woven into each thread which can be traced back to uncover the big picture.

And no, East Slavs are not superior. The only reason they aren't interfering in the affairs of most of the countries on earth is because they lost the Cold War. Seriously what the fuck has Russia given the world? Stupid cheap slavshit whores? Russia is just a king-sized shit-tier slav state that became irrelevant after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Putin is basically masquerading as a powerful douche by bossing and bullying his unfortunate, fun-sized shit-tier slav state neighbors and bombing terrorists without anti-aircraft capabilities or their own air force. Even worse, you'll all just be stinking up this forum while the real men fight for this country.

PaleoEuropean
05-11-2019, 04:18 PM
Africa is just a checkerboard for flexing influence in a place that won't effect the east or west very much. Has been since the Victorian Era in some respects.

Odin
05-25-2019, 02:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To60310T11E