PDA

View Full Version : I've Quit Drinking Soda After Reading These 2 Scientific Studies

PHDNM
05-01-2017, 08:19 PM
I've Quit Drinking Soda After Reading These 2 Scientific Studies (Though Not for the Reason You'd Think)

Regular or diet, it just doesn't matter.

Until a week or so ago, I drank soda. I was grabbing a can a day from the fridge at work-- sometimes two (mostly diet). Then I read the studies cited below, and I flat-out quit. Cold turkey, 100 percent.

Americans still drink a lot of soft drinks. Many of us wonder, which is worse: the sugar in regular soda, or the chemicals in diet?

Now, a pair of university studies has some disquieting answers to those key questions about carbonated beverages. I'll be interested to hear if you react the same way I did.

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/i-quit-drinking-soda-after-reading-these-2-scientific-studies-not-for-the-reason.html

Anthropos
05-01-2017, 08:24 PM
I quit carbonated drinks altogether, including beer. If I ever have any, I make sure it's flat before I take the first sip.

LieDetector
05-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Soda has 2 of the worst things in it you can put into your body.

High-fructose corn syrup = Diabetes and obesity

Caramel color = Cancer

I go out of my way to avoid anything that has that shit in it.

I quit drinking soda 2 years ago. The only time I indulge is on a holiday like The 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. That shit really is bad for you. One of the things I noticed when I quit drinking soda is I had more energy. I don't ever feel tired throughout the day anymore. I definitely recommend giving that garbage up.