PDA

View Full Version : Classify Croatian Politican

Robocop
05-04-2017, 12:55 PM
He is from Dalmatia.

http://www.index.hr/images2/H20151207000526bozopetrov.jpghttps://www.tportal.hr/media/thumbnail/w1000/528825.jpeghttp://20minuta.hr/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/most_petrov3-050116-660x334.jpghttp://www.maxportal.hr/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/bo%C5%BEo-petrov-portret.jpg

Jana
05-04-2017, 01:08 PM
10/10

He can't fit as anything else except southern Croatian :)

Kamal900
05-04-2017, 01:12 PM
A very Dinaric look, lol. The guy passes in Italy quite easily.

Jana
05-04-2017, 01:14 PM
A very Dinaric look, lol. The guy passes in Italy quite easily.

He doesn't look Italian at all. Such facial features are so stereotypically Croatian I would be able to recognize him as my countryman in middle of Rome.

Odin
05-04-2017, 01:23 PM
He doesn't look Italian at all.

Agreed.

RN97
05-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Dinaricized med

aherne
05-04-2017, 06:24 PM
I don't see him as anything else than Yugoslav. Highly typical look...

Oddone
05-06-2017, 03:52 PM
"The guy passes in Italy quite easily." "He doesn't look Italian at all."

:lol:

Jana
05-06-2017, 03:56 PM
"The guy passes in Italy quite easily." "He doesn't look Italian at all."

:lol:

Gilgamesh is Arab, I doubt he can differenate between meds/dinarids from Italy or Croatia. Would you agree this politican doens't look Italian ?

Źıün
05-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Pontid-Med + Dinarid

The Destroyer
05-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Dinaro Med.

Oddone
05-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Gilgamesh is Arab, I doubt he can differenate between meds/dinarids from Italy or Croatia. Would you agree this politican doens't look Italian ?

I don't even think it exists an Italian look. :D

I do agree with you that same phenotype can give different vibe in different countries. This guy surely looks what he is, very Croatian.

But you know, we are almost 60 milion, somewhere in northeast Italy there is probably someone who looks exactly like him. I mean, I wouldn't be suprised to find someone like him. I hope I was clear. :D

Jana
05-06-2017, 04:13 PM
I don't even think it exists an Italian look. :D

I do agree with you that same phenotype can give different vibe in different countries. This guy surely looks what he is, very Croatian.

But you know, we are almost 60 milion, somewhere in northeast Italy there is probably someone who looks exactly like him. I mean, I wouldn't be suprised to find someone like him. I hope I was clear. :D

Yeah. you right :) Northeast Italy has lot of overlap with Croatians. The thing is that it's really hard to find stereotypical Croatian face like his is (at least to me). For example, you won't finds such looks among Bosniaks or Serbs, or even Northern Croats.
He looks so Dalmatian it hurts :D

I can quite easily recognize Italic features, also when they are light pigmented. But yes you are much bigger population than us with higher diversity. There is something about his eyes/facial expression and features I can't imagine him as anything else.
I guess it's called a ''vibe'' / Croatian vibe. But if you asked person from Slavonia (where people look more Slavic) does he looks stereotypical Croatian you might get different answer. For them maybe it wouldn't be so easy to make difference between Italian or Croatian with same phenotype.

DarknessWin
05-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Dinarid-Med
ffs of course he can pass easily as Italian or Greek
most of Dinarid-Med are in Italy and Greece

DarknessWin
05-06-2017, 04:19 PM
He doesn't look Italian at all. Such facial features are so stereotypically Croatian I would be able to recognize him as my countryman in middle of Rome.

You are an idiot
http://www.imagestime.com/out.php/i885942_dinaromediterranid.png

Jana
05-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Dinarid-Med
ffs of course he can pass easily as Italian or Greek
most of Dinarid-Med are in Italy and Greece

Ofcourse he can pass. What I'm saying is that he looks lot more Croatian than Italian or Greek. :P

Jana
05-06-2017, 04:21 PM
You are an idiot

No resemblance whatsoever. Don't teach me about my people. Or show Greeks and Italians that looks like him, and I will shut up.
There is lot of ethnic Croats that look much more like typical Greeks or Italians than Božo Petrov does.

DarknessWin
05-06-2017, 04:26 PM
Ofcourse he can pass. What I'm saying is that he looks lot more Croatian than Italian or Greek. :P

Of course he look more Croatian but he is Dinaro-Med so he can pass in those countries too

Lek
05-06-2017, 04:55 PM
You are an idiot

no wonder youre stupid when you get your education from pseudoscience like that.

DarknessWin
05-06-2017, 05:01 PM
no wonder youre stupid when you get your education from pseudoscience like that.

Why it is pseudoscience???
Its accurate 100% and i agree with all of their cards

Lek
05-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Why it is pseudoscience???
Its accurate 100% and i agree with all of their cards

I will explain later . some people also classified my brother as dinaro-med and even my cousin but its just pseudo science . theres also no such thing as textbook dinaric

Grishnack
05-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Textbook Dinaro-Med.

JohnSmith
05-06-2017, 06:07 PM

In the USA he would be thought most likely as Italian because no one here know what the hell Croatia is(so true unfortunately I met two Croatians in my life and I thought they were Italian because their name sounded Italianish). I think he looks very Dinaric with some CM.

I think he could probably pass in Switzerland Alps areas. Looks similar to my Swiss Cousins. But to say he does not look Italian at all in not correct in my opinion. Taking any kind of absolute position does not make sense most of time from what I noticed and I live in country that has all different types.

MysteriousWays
05-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Dinarid-Med. Would likely guess him as Croat or if not as Croat, as Balkan rather than Italian. I'm sure you could find people in Italy who look decently similar (probably NE Italy, as others have said) though. But most typical as Croat I think.

Jana
05-06-2017, 06:20 PM
In the USA he would be thought most likely as Italian because no one here know what the hell Croatia is(so true unfortunately I met two Croatians in my life and I thought they were Italian because their name sounded Italianish). I think he looks very Dinaric with some CM.

I think he could probably pass in Switzerland Alps areas. Looks similar to my Swiss Cousins. But to say he does not look Italian at all in not correct in my opinion. Taking any kind of absolute position does not make sense most of time from what I noticed and I live in country that has all different types.

There is no doubt Americans would think he's Italian (they think that for most people with southern European apperance), but that doesn't mean he looks specifically Italian. Europeans are able to recognize small differences between themself even when they have same phenotypes- for example Russian nordid and Czech nordid don't look alike. He just looks very Dalmatian Croat (so med looking for Croatian average but more eastern influenced than typical Italians)

http://www.jutarnji.hr/incoming/bozo-petrov/3740826/ALTERNATES/LANDSCAPE_1180/Bo%C5%BEo%20Petrov
https://www.vecernji.hr/media/images/2015-13/pxl_180215_10019616_1.jpg

For example especially on the last photo it's visible he is a Slav from the Adriatic coast, but maybe that's hard to spot by people who are not so familiar with small ethnicities such as Croatians. :)

JohnSmith
05-06-2017, 06:27 PM
There is no doubt Americans would think he's Italian (they think that for most people with southern European apperance), but that doesn't mean he looks specifically Italian. Europeans are able to recognize small differences between themself even when they have same phenotypes- for example Russian nordid and Czech nordid don't look alike. He just looks very Dalmatian Croat (so med looking for Croatian average but more eastern influenced than typical Italians)

For example especially on the last photo it's visible he is a Slav from the Adriatic coast, but maybe that's hard to spot by people who are not so familiar with small ethnicities such as Croatians. :)

The USA does not have a large population of Balkan people. They would think he is even Russian here. They have no Croats to compare to.

The only large populations of Southern European are Italians and Greeks here, not many other ones.

I think sometimes the Swiss and Austrian look can overlap also with the Southern European phenotype especially in the mountainous areas.

It is a shame Americans are terrible with geography. Some think Europe is a country. I also heard many think that Serbia is in the Middle East.

Jana
05-06-2017, 06:36 PM
The USA does not have a large population of Balkan people. They would think he is even Russian here. They have no Croats to compare to.
The only large populations of Southern European are Italians and Greeks here, not many other ones.
You sure about that ? :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatian_Americans

'' Croatia's State Office for the Croats Abroad estimated that there are up to 1.2 million Croats and their descendants living in the United States.'' Maybe that's a drop in the ocean for country of over 300 million, but for Croatian population home (4 million) that's proportionaly huge. And most of them are from Dalmatia. You will hardly find a Dalmatian family that does not have relatives in the US (especially in San Pedro/LA and Pittsburg- lot of Croats there!)

I think sometimes the Swiss and Austrian look can overlap also with the Southern European phenotype especially in the mountainous areas.
It is a shame Americans are terrible with geography. Some think Europe is a country. I also heard many think that Serbia is in the Middle East.
Yes there is overlap they have quite a lot of southern European (dinaric and med) influence.

When I was in USA they haven't heard about Croatia so they think all Slavic people are from Russia (they recognize the eastern accent). But to be honest new generations of Europeans is equally dumbed down and ignorant about geography.

Bosniensis
05-06-2017, 06:38 PM
Dinarid like everyone else (80%) on Western Balkans.

JohnSmith
05-06-2017, 06:40 PM
You sure about that ? :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatian_Americans

'' Croatia's State Office for the Croats Abroad estimated that there are up to 1.2 million Croats and their descendants living in the United States.'' Maybe that's a drop in the ocean for country of over 300 million, but for Croatian population home (4 million) that's proportionaly huge. And most of them are from Dalmatia. You will hardly find a Dalmatian family that does not have relatives in the US (especially in San Pedro/LA and Pittsburg- lot of Croats there!)

Yes there is overlap they have quite a lot of southern European (dinaric and med) influence.

When I was in USA they haven't heard about Croatia so they think all Slavic people are from Russia (they recognize the eastern accent). But to be honest new generations of Europeans are equally dumbed down and ignorant about geography.

1.2 million is not much. I do not even think there are many Greeks in the USA. Italians make up the majority of Southern Europe.

Yes anything Slavic will be associated with Russia and Poland here. We have a lot of Poles here.

JohnSmith
05-06-2017, 06:42 PM
I am wonder if the Swiss,French,German and Italian Dinaric of Western Alps is different from the Dinaric of the Western Balkans,Austrian and Eastern Alps.

Jana
05-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Dinarid like everyone else (80%) on Western Balkans.

You are one annoying troll. First, he cannot be dinarid because he is long-headed (but you don't know that as much as anything else). Second, where is your source for ''80 percent of dinarids on Western Balkans'' ?
Stop implying people there are all the same, it is innacurate and irritating !!

Thank you. :)

Bosniensis
05-06-2017, 06:53 PM
You are one annoying troll. First, he cannot be dinarid because he is long-headed (but you don't know that as much as anything else). Second, where is your source for ''80 percent of dinarids on Western Balkans'' ?
Stop implying people there are all the same, it is innacurate and irritating !!

Thank you. :)

Lies. Your wishful thinking.

Croats, Bosnians, Serbs = Religious Groups.

Jana
05-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Lies. Your wishful thinking.

Croats, Bosnians, Serbs = Religious Groups.

Lies. Only your group is religion based. Croats and Serbs existed as separated tribes even before they coverted to Christianity. We are not gulity for your own identity crisis.

Bosniensis
05-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Lies. Only your group is religion based. Croats and Serbs existed as separated tribes even before they coverted to Christianity. We are not gulity for your own identity crisis.

We had to separate ourselves from Serbs and Croats because of religious segregation. We are both Croats and Serbs (mixed) so it's all the same for us... it's just that Catholic extremists are in war with Orthodox community.

We have both Croatian and Serbian background as well as native Bosnian, it's all well documented, we are not ashamed .

Zephyrus
05-06-2017, 07:34 PM
... it's just that Catholic extremists are in war with Orthodox community.Preach it brother!

Jana
05-06-2017, 07:42 PM
We had to separate ourselves from Serbs and Croats because of religious segregation. We are both Croats and Serbs (mixed) so it's all the same for us... it's just that Catholic extremists are in war with Orthodox community.
We have both Croatian and Serbian background as well as native Bosnian, it's all well documented, we are not ashamed .

If Bosniaks have ancestors that were both Croats and Serbs that doesn't mean Croats and Serbs are the same. We accept you as your own ethnic group that is already formed but that doesn't mean we like Yugoslavism that is highly popular among more secular Bosniaks. Respect other ethnicties if you want to be respected.

How can Catholic be in ''war'' against orthodox community ? This is pure propaganda. To Catholic orthodox is a brother and lot closer than atheist is. Troll.

Bosniensis
05-06-2017, 07:54 PM
If Bosniaks have ancestors that were both Croats and Serbs that doesn't mean Croats and Serbs are the same. We accept you as your own ethnic group that is already formed but that doesn't mean we like Yugoslavism that is highly popular among more secular Bosniaks. Respect other ethnicties if you want to be respected.

How can Catholic be in ''war'' against orthodox community ? This is pure propaganda. To Catholic orthodox is a brother and lot closer than atheist is. Troll.

Yugoslavism is related to Communism I presume.
Western Balkans was united even before Yugoslav ideology.

There are Tribes, Families, Royal houses that connects us all.
Mine family is Serbian Family from Croatia who converted to Islam during the Ottoman Times.

My cousin however did not, he fled to Serbia and became Orthodox.

Do you think that I don't have a right to speak in the name of Serbs just because I am muslim now?
Or maybe If I remained Catholic.. I could even say "I am a Croat".

Isn't that ridiculous?

I know a guy whose family is Muslim, Orthodox and Catholic.. last name "Bosnić"
He could say that he is Serb, Croat and Bosniak cause Bosnić is even today used in Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia.

It's crazy.

Enflamme
05-06-2017, 08:17 PM
The Dinaric type is already a Mediterranean type at the base, so it is completely absurd to add "Mediterranean" as following "Dinaro-Mediterranean".

He is simply Dinaric and he can pass anywhere in Central Europe (especially in many provinces in France) and parts of South-East Europe and parts of the Southwest.

Jana
05-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Yugoslavism is related to Communism I presume.
Western Balkans was united even before Yugoslav ideology.
When and how ?

There are Tribes, Families, Royal houses that connects us all.
Mine family is Serbian Family from Croatia who converted to Islam during the Ottoman Times.
I don't see how is that connected to modern identities. Croatian Kings other than Croats have been Hungarians, Germans, French and Poles, that doesn't make us related to them. Nobility intermarried anywhere.
So, are you a muslim Serb or a Bosniak ?

My cousin however did not, he fled to Serbia and became Orthodox.
Do you think that I don't have a right to speak in the name of Serbs just because I am muslim now?
Or maybe If I remained Catholic.. I could even say "I am a Croat".
Isn't that ridiculous?

Croat isn't necessary a Catholic but can be of any other religion (Catholicism is just our traditional one). By converting to Catholicism you won't become a Croat.

I know a guy whose family is Muslim, Orthodox and Catholic.. last name "Bosnić"
He could say that he is Serb, Croat and Bosniak cause Bosnić is even today used in Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia.
It's crazy.
In reality he is a mix of all, or just a ''Bosnian''. Ethnicity is also a matter of choice, but some people seem not to understand that.

Ivo Andrić was Croat by blood, but he chosed to become a Serb and we treat him as Serb. While Svetozar Borojević was of Serbian origin but he chosed to be and identify as Croat and we see him as our own.
Al least in civilised countries things work that way.

You mention mixed people while majority is not. I can assure you that average Croat from Zagreb, Bosniak from Sarajevo and Serb from Belgrade do not share ancestors, culture or history. And they have right to their own country/identity.

Iloko
05-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Mostly Dinarid.... + Balto-NorthPontid

Timawa
05-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Dinarid-Pontid

Robocop
05-07-2017, 04:34 AM
Yeah. you right :) Northeast Italy has lot of overlap with Croatians. The thing is that it's really hard to find stereotypical Croatian face like his is (at least to me). For example, you won't finds such looks among Bosniaks or Serbs, or even Northern Croats.
He looks so Dalmatian it hurts :D

Agree but I would add this;

IMO this guy has sterotypical South Croatian (Dalmatian) look:

http://thesportsquotient.com/media/posts/20426/mario.jpghttp://www.euroleague.net/rs/5mbelsa4dnlnk8w6/c4974b14-d249-46d4-9092-0e470e8d733d/f77/filename/c49.jpghttp://www.trbimg.com/img-57eff437/turbine/os-orlando-magic-mario-hezonja-1002-20161001

This guy IMO has stereotypical Northern Croatian look:

https://cdn.footballexpressnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/rak-6413667.jpghttp://estaticos.marca.com/imagenes/2014/06/10/en/football/barcelona/1402389787_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

P.S. What is interesting about Croats is that both South and North Croats always have that Croatian vibe, and most ppl always recognize that vibe, I often heard that; "Croatian vibe".

That Croatian vibe comes from the fact that most of Croats have both Western Euro and Eastern Euro vibe in the same time.

Robocop
05-07-2017, 04:47 AM
And about a Politician which I posted in this thread (opening post); IMO he is Dinaric+Atlanto admix.

When someone says Med that would suggest the one would have Gracile Med admix, but that politican has nothin Gracile Med, his skin-tone is pale as vampire skin tone lol, he has somewhat robust face, but then again way too "soft" to be Pontid, that's why he is Atlanto IMO and not Pontid.

JohnSmith
05-07-2017, 12:01 PM
And about a Politician which I posted in this thread (opening post); IMO he is Dinaric+Atlanto admix.

When someone says Med that would suggest the one would have Gracile Med admix, but that politican has nothin Gracile Med, his skin-tone is pale as vampire skin tone lol, he has somewhat robust face, but then again way too "soft" to be Pontid, that's why he is Atlanto IMO and not Pontid.

Meds also like Alpines have a large range of pigmentation. But most people just make assumptions.